PDA

View Full Version : Short Political/"who to vote for" quiz

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 09:33 PM
Guys and gals. I ran into this quiz last night online. It's pretty small...but it is rather thorough. I think it does a great job. After you take the quiz it will compare your views to the candidate's views. Even if you've got your mind made up on who you're voting for, it could be interesting still. I found 3 different quizzes last night, and found this to be the best. It's not biased at all...you just answer the questions honestly and then get your results. No agenda behind it. There's also a link at the bottom of your results page that shows you where you fall in a chart (conservative, liberal, populist and so on). Enjoy. Feel free to tell us your results if you want. That could get interesting :pop:
Hell, maybe I'll tell my results too.

http://www.speakout.com/VoteMatch/senate2006.asp?quiz=2008#sec1

GottaHavePride
2/25/2008, 09:37 PM
It gave me John McCain and then John Edwards.

And then Rudy Giuliani.

OUAndy1807
2/25/2008, 09:38 PM
Wesley Clark

GottaHavePride
2/25/2008, 09:41 PM
Me Chan ****?

King Crimson
2/25/2008, 09:43 PM
don't take a quiz. read something/anything (hell buy it, Todd Rundgren is great) and figure it out on your own. vote 3rd party, just don't take quizzes.

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2008, 09:44 PM
Hm. John Edwards, followed by Barack Obama.

I guess I'm supposed to vote for Ron Paul before John McCain. Not bloody likely.

(However, the bull**** question about "requiring" employers to hire more minorities and women knocked me down.)

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 09:45 PM
don't take a quiz. read something/anything (hell buy it, Todd Rundgren is great) and figure it out on your own. vote 3rd party, just don't take quizzes.
Nothing is wrong with taking quizzes to give more perspective. I'm not saying you should vote solely based on a quiz. Just weigh it all together.
I've looked at all their websites, I've watched the debates...and so on....I'm not letting a quiz alone determine my vote.

King Crimson
2/25/2008, 09:46 PM
Nothing is wrong with taking quizzes to give more perspective. I'm not saying you should vote solely based on a quiz. Just weigh it all together.
I've looked at all their websites, I've watched the debates...and so on....I'm not letting a quiz alone determine my vote.

i know, i'm just kvetching. but, what about Todd Rundgren?

one of the classic LP's.

soonerinabilene
2/25/2008, 09:47 PM
Mitt Romney. Should have taken this earlier, i guess.

Whet
2/25/2008, 09:48 PM
Dennis Kucinich

King Crimson
2/25/2008, 09:48 PM
Mitt Romney. Should have taken this earlier, i guess.

i was reading today Mitt might be back? huh?

soonerinabilene
2/25/2008, 09:50 PM
Well, hopskipjump!!! My day is saved!:D

Whet
2/25/2008, 09:50 PM
Plus, the wording of the questions is highly suspect...

1. Do you still beat you wife?

Frozen Sooner
2/25/2008, 09:52 PM

I think the reason he and Huckabee never bowed out of the race is they think that this NYT article about McCain's improper relationship with the lobbyist is going to have legs.

I find it interesting that McCain hasn't actually refuted the story-just said that it wasn't true. Supposedly the NYT has sources and evidence-I wonder who's going to come out with it first (or at all.) Not saying I believe the NYT story, as I find it REALLY surprising, I'd just like to see some evidence either way.

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 10:19 PM
Just for the record, I don't get all wrapped up in keeping my political beliefs super secret. I'm not afraid to say I don't care for Hillary or Obama. As I am also not afraid to say I'm not overly excited about McCain either.
So I'll go ahead and say how mine went,
My top 8 were:
Duncan Hunter, McCain, Fred, Romney, Alan Keyes, Rudy, Huck, edwards?

sooneron
2/25/2008, 10:22 PM
Some of the questions are a little vague- teach family values in school? Which family?
Do I think some ethics/morals need to be introduced in the classroom? Hell yes. Along with a little etiquette, too please.
Right and wrong- golden rule etc. is good, but I don't want my kid having southern baptist doctrine crammed down her throat.

King Crimson
2/25/2008, 10:24 PM
it's bad social science. you can deduce the results from the questions.

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 10:25 PM
ron, even after you clicked the links on the questions they seemed vague?

sooneron
2/25/2008, 10:25 PM
it's bad social science. you can deduce the results from the questions.
Yep.

I don't need no quiz, I'm voting for the dark guy, he talks purty.

KaiserSooner
2/25/2008, 10:26 PM
1. Dennis Kucinich
2. John Edwards
3. Obama

sooneron
2/25/2008, 10:26 PM
ron, even after you clicked the links on the questions they seemed vague?
links?

uh oh, if there are links than this quiz will not be short- I HAVE BEEN LIED TO!!!!!

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 10:29 PM
Yep.

I don't need no quiz, I'm voting for the dark guy, he talks purty.
Heh, did you catch the SNL "debate" skit the other night? The Obama voice was cracking me up. And the serious look on his face,haha

soonerinabilene
2/25/2008, 10:32 PM
1. Dennis Kucinich
2. John Edwards
3. Obama

Commie!:D

KaiserSooner
2/25/2008, 10:33 PM
Do I think some ethics/morals need to be introduced in the classroom? Hell yes. Along with a little etiquette, too please.
Right and wrong- golden rule etc. is good, but I don't want my kid having southern baptist doctrine crammed down her throat.

Perhaps this is exactly why morals should NOT be taught in schools, but should be taught at home instead. Every family has their own definition of morality...and you and I both are on the opposite side of the 70% of Okies who are southern bapitist.

Actually, this reminds me that parents/guardians/families/whatever are so under-emphasized in debates on primary education, it's not even funny. Parents/whatever are THE key role in the success of a child in school. Not money, the quality of schools or teachers.

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 10:33 PM
links?

uh oh, if there are links than this quiz will not be short- I HAVE BEEN LIED TO!!!!!
The questions will expand into greater detail if you click them (they turn into a pop-up window with more info on what your potential answer would mean)

KaiserSooner
2/25/2008, 10:35 PM
Commie!:D

That's a badge o' honor in these parts. ;)

soonerinabilene
2/25/2008, 10:36 PM
Heh, did you catch the SNL "debate" skit the other night? The Obama voice was cracking me up. And the serious look on his face,haha
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/soonerinabilene/2008_02_snlobhil.jpg

King Crimson
2/25/2008, 10:37 PM
That's a badge o' honor in these parts. ;)

all that means is you might vote for McCain. that makes you a commie these days given our robust definitions of right and left.

sooneron
2/25/2008, 10:38 PM
The questions will expand into greater detail if you click them (they turn into a pop-up window with more info on what your potential answer would mean)
Yeah, I went back though it. Changed my "score" quite a bit. I feel dirty now.

SoonerStormchaser
2/25/2008, 10:38 PM
1. SicEm
2. RLIMC
3. TDTW

:eek:

OU-HSV
2/25/2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I went back though it. Changed my "score" quite a bit. I feel dirty now.
haha. That's what I meant by "thorough". I thought even thought there were only 20 or so questions, It explained each of them well, if you click the links.

texas bandman
2/25/2008, 11:15 PM
1. John Edwards
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Dennis Kucinich

OU4LIFE
2/26/2008, 08:48 AM
closest I could get to any candidate is 41%

how sad is that. I'm forced to vote for someone with whom I disagree on 60% of the issues.

3 million people and this is the best we can roll out.

We deserve what we get.

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 08:52 AM
Well there's your problem. We have 300 million people in this country and we only choose our presidential candidates out of a pool the size of the population of Oklahoma? We deserve what we get.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/26/2008, 09:31 AM
1. Obama
2. Guiliani
3. Hillary

Huh?

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 09:42 AM
Huckabee/McCain (tie)
Obabma/Paul (tie)
Clinton/Gravel/Cox/Thompson (tie):confused:

BigRedJed
2/26/2008, 09:44 AM
None of them over 50%, BTW. Pathetic.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/26/2008, 11:49 AM
I got 0% agreement with Kusinich, 3% with Hellery, and 8% with Obama. My winner was Duncan Hunter(73%), but I thought that would be the case. I had no opinion on maybe 3 items. However, didn't go to the trouble to read the further explanation of those issues.

OU-HSV
2/26/2008, 09:41 PM
I got 0% agreement with Kusinich, 3% with Hellery, and 8% with Obama. My winner was Duncan Hunter(73%), but I thought that would be the case. I had no opinion on maybe 3 items. However, didn't go to the trouble to read the further explanation of those issues.
I had 0% w/Hillary on social. My best overall match was Duncan at 60% overall

Ike
2/27/2008, 12:54 AM
None of them over 50%, BTW. Pathetic.

Highest match I had to one was 43% with Edwards.

It seemed to lean mostly towards the dems for me because for a lot of the bang-on-the-desk-with-your-shoe issues for republicans are things I could care less about....so I marked most of those with the 'I don't care'

OU4LIFE
2/27/2008, 08:29 AM
Perhaps this is exactly why morals should NOT be taught in schools, but should be taught at home instead. Every family has their own definition of morality

really?

Isn't morality ultimately a question of right or wrong? You going to tell me that your family and mine have vastly differing views on right and wrong?

I think that, in a rational society, what is right and what is wrong would be fairly clear among all of us on 90% of the issues.

sooneron
2/27/2008, 09:42 AM
really?

Isn't morality ultimately a question of right or wrong? You going to tell me that your family and mine have vastly differing views on right and wrong?

I think that, in a rational society, what is right and what is wrong would be fairly clear among all of us on 90% of the issues.
Like I said, keep it to morals (basic ones), ethics and etiquette.Too many ****ing kids are downright disrespectful and rude these days.

OU4LIFE
2/27/2008, 10:18 AM
but obviously your morals are different from mine. So where do we start?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2008, 10:29 AM
Cynthia McKinney scored higher then Hillary for me! :eek: