PDA

View Full Version : Sittin' in Earl Campbell's Sports Bar

PLaw
2/25/2008, 07:34 PM
Here I am sittin' in Earl Campbell's Sports Bar at Austin's Bergrstrom International Airport. It sort of makes you nauseous with the burt orange and whorn memorbilia - but the Shiner Bock is cold and the plane is on time.

Down the way, the whorn fan shop is playing the BCS championship game against SuC on a continous loop. I'll be retired before they have a chance to change the tape. It's really kind of sad.

BOOMER

KantoSooner
2/25/2008, 07:38 PM
On the plus side, I was walking to a meeting in Hsinchu, Taiwan last week and happened across a car with a horns logo on the back. Noting that it was magnetic, I peeled it off and turned it upside down. Since it was on the trunk, it's likely they'll drive for weeks before they notice it.
It's the little things in life that make it all worthwhile.

Sooner_Bob
2/25/2008, 07:46 PM
On the plus side, I was walking to a meeting in Hsinchu, Taiwan last week and happened across a car with a horns logo on the back. Noting that it was magnetic, I peeled it off and turned it upside down. Since it was on the trunk, it's likely they'll drive for weeks before they notice it.

Nice . . . :D

BigRedJed
2/25/2008, 08:00 PM
That is good, good stuff right there.

KantoSooner
2/25/2008, 08:54 PM
I'd post photos of the 'Sooner Bar' in Cat Balogun, Philippines, if only I was allowed to post attachments.

They serve cold beer.

It's nice to know that, wherever they go, Horns and others can never escape.

BudSooner
2/25/2008, 08:57 PM
That my friends is when you need to have a bad case of the ****s, and expel the contents of yer stomach all the while shouting "HOOK 'EM!"

:D

PLaw
2/27/2008, 07:43 PM

Yeah, I've been to Yang Mei and Taipei and other parts near and far. Everywhere I go, there is usually a eATMe Faggie and whorn proudly wearing their stripes. Sad, really sad.

BOOMER

KantoSooner
2/27/2008, 08:17 PM
That's why I get to the bar early: then when they walk in, there's someone in crimson and cream to greet them.

Really bugs 'em for some reason.

MamaMia
2/28/2008, 10:38 AM
I took my granddaughter to 6 Flags Over Texas for her birthday. There was a shop that had nothing but Longhorn stuff. We strolled around turning it all upside down. The fact that it was her idea made me very proud.

PLaw
2/28/2008, 05:17 PM
I took my granddaughter to 6 Flags Over Texas for her birthday. There was a shop that had nothing but Longhorn stuff. We strolled around turning it all upside down. The fact that it was her idea made me very proud.

You are truly blessed.

BOOMER

mfosterftw
2/28/2008, 05:39 PM
The PE teacher at my kid's school has a whorns flag hanging in the gym. I make the effort to flip it whenever I am visiting...

colleyvillesooner
2/28/2008, 05:43 PM
I'd post photos of the 'Sooner Bar' in Cat Balogun, Philippines, if only I was allowed to post attachments.

They serve cold beer.

It's nice to know that, wherever they go, Horns and others can never escape.

host it here...

www.imageshack.us

shaun4411
2/28/2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I've been to Yang Mei and Taipei and other parts near and far. Everywhere I go, there is usually a eATMe Faggie and whorn proudly wearing their stripes. Sad, really sad.

BOOMER

what's saddening is being in rome or dubai and seeing some schmuck who cant speak a word of english wearing a yankees hat.

KantoSooner
2/28/2008, 07:15 PM
it's sadder being in Manhattan or the Bronx and seeing some schmuck who cant speak a word of english wearing a yankees hat.....

but then it's the effing yankees, so who really cares?

bluedogok
2/28/2008, 09:07 PM
The PE teacher at my kid's school has a whorns flag hanging in the gym. I make the effort to flip it whenever I am visiting...
When my wife and I did the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course last year it was at Hutto High School, their mascot is a Hippo and their color is http://forum.austinrat.org/images/smiles/icon_puke.gif orange. In the classroom where that portion was held the teacher had all sorts of Sooner stuff on the walls and their desk, even above the door in the hallway. I think it was a coach of some type.

Crucifax Autumn
2/29/2008, 02:19 AM
but the Shiner Bock is cold

Man I love that stuff....I'm a big dark beer fan. Fortunately I can get it at the liquor stores here in Vegas.

Ever been to Shiner for a tour of the brewery? Spotzl is a great brewer. (oh, the stories of youth!) It was great living in La Grange, an hour from Shiner, during my high school years. Of course, it was even beter arguing with the A&M and texass fans all those years!

I think they have the best American brewed hefenweisen too.

Crucifax Autumn
2/29/2008, 02:21 AM
In the classroom where that portion was held the teacher had all sorts of Sooner stuff on the walls and their desk,

My daughter has a Texas Tech graduate for a teacher, so when I have parent teacher conferences I have to stare at assloads of buttpirate stuff.

KantoSooner
2/29/2008, 03:04 AM
Patience and forbearance are virtues.

Overrated virtues, but virtues nonetheless.

NS5
2/29/2008, 08:35 AM

Kanto: With the Grid Lock in Taiwan, that truck could have sat there for many hours let alone a few weeks of driving.. Good going...

PLaw
2/29/2008, 05:54 PM

That should be a diversity issue, as well as along the lines of mixing church and state. Should we call the ACLU? I'm sure many children have been traumatized because of the malicious, whorn flag.

BOOMER

KantoSooner
2/29/2008, 08:22 PM
Kanto: With the Grid Lock in Taiwan, that truck could have sat there for many hours let alone a few weeks of driving.. Good going...

Thus, I was walking. Faster than a cab.

bluedogok
2/29/2008, 10:42 PM
My daughter has a Texas Tech graduate for a teacher, so when I have parent teacher conferences I have to stare at assloads of buttpirate stuff.
My wife is a Tech grad.........so I get to see plenty of it.

Dan Thompson
3/1/2008, 08:52 PM
My wife actually got out of her chair (about 1/8") when VY won the game. I loved it then and everytime I see it.

I have heard that Reggie Bush refused to go into the game on the 4th down play where they came up short and started UT's winning drive.

AzianSooner
3/2/2008, 07:48 PM
Here I am sittin' in Earl Campbell's Sports Bar at Austin's Bergrstrom International Airport. It sort of makes you nauseous with the burt orange and whorn memorbilia - but the Shiner Bock is cold and the plane is on time.

Down the way, the whorn fan shop is playing the BCS championship game against SuC on a continous loop. I'll be retired before they have a chance to change the tape. It's really kind of sad.

BOOMER

I would ea.t crappy 5x$1 cheeseburger at McDOnald than sitting there.