sooneron
2/24/2008, 12:30 PM
Should I go?

proud gonzo
2/24/2008, 12:41 PM
elvis crespo? :confused:

BigRedJed
2/24/2008, 12:45 PM
I'd be excited about seeing Costello, but based on the Police show I went to last year, I wouldn't spend a ridiculous amount to see the Police, unless money is no object. Technically excellent, ABSOLUTELY lacking heart and soul. I've seen the Police and solo Sting both a number of times, and that was the worst of all of them, strictly based on stage presence/band vibe.

sooneron
2/24/2008, 12:57 PM
I'd be excited about seeing Costello, but based on the Police show I went to last year, I wouldn't spend a ridiculous amount to see the Police, unless money is no object. Technically excellent, ABSOLUTELY lacking heart and soul. I've seen the Police and solo Sting both a number of times, and that was the worst of all of them, strictly based on stage presence/band vibe.
That's kind of what I was thinking. The only cool part is that the venue is Jones Beach, which is a great amphitheater. We are cutting back for a while on the innecessary purchases and I think you answered my question that I had already answered.

Know of any cool bands touring this summer?

yermom
2/24/2008, 01:00 PM
i'm gonna be bummed if Jason Bonham isn't sitting in for his dad at some point this year on this continent

SoonerStormchaser
2/24/2008, 01:14 PM
I saw the title and thought Costello was arrested or somethin...

Scott D
2/24/2008, 07:49 PM
The prior group should be opening for the latter act imo.

sooneron
2/24/2008, 07:57 PM
The prior group should be opening for the latter act imo.
That may be the best point raised on SO this year.

srsly

BigRedJed
2/24/2008, 08:01 PM
Not sure what the best shows are this year. I mean, the shows I go to these days are typically bands that are perpetually on the road. I'd go see Zeppelin if they do a U.S. tour. My buddy bigredsooner is dragging me to Springsteen in Dallas in April ("dragging" is probably too strong a word -- I've never seen him and I'm sure I will enjoy it, I'm just not a "fan").

I'm geeked about seeing My Morning Jacket for the first time, in June. Besides that, not much else on my radar.

sooneron
2/24/2008, 08:04 PM
Not sure what the best shows are this year. I mean, the shows I go to these days are typically bands that are perpetually on the road. I'd go see Zeppelin if they do a U.S. tour. My buddy bigredsooner is dragging me to Springsteen in Dallas in April ("dragging" is probably too strong a word -- I've never seen him and I'm sure I will enjoy it, I'm just not a "fan").

I'm geeked about seeing My Morning Jacket for the first time, in June. Besides that, not much else on my radar.
Trust me, I'm not a huge Bruce fan (nm the location in NJ), but he PUTS ON A SHOW!!!

A

Ma

Zing!
The man goes out there every night not thinking " What worked last night will work tonight or whatever.." But " I want this crowd to feel like they saw a great rock show, maybe the best ever".

That has to be what runs through his head. B/c it's true.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/24/2008, 08:07 PM
I m just sad because I missed Weird Al's last trip through Tulsa

BigRedJed
2/24/2008, 08:08 PM
Trust me, I'm not a huge Bruce fan (nm the location in NJ), but he PUTS ON A SHOW!!!

A

Ma

Zing!
The man goes out there every night not thinking " What worked last night will work tonight or whatever.." But " I want this crowd to feel like they saw a great rock show, maybe the best ever".

That has to be what runs through his head. B/c it's true.
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm going. Well, that and my boy BRS let me "drag" him to the Lips' zoo show in '06, and he gave it up to them after going. I owe him at least as much.

BigRedJed
2/24/2008, 08:10 PM
That, and Bruce is one of the few major "quality" acts of the '60s, '70s and '80s that I have not seen to date, besides the obvious ones who kicked the bucket before I started going to shows.

stoops the eternal pimp
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm going. Well, that and my boy BRS let me "drag" him to the Lips' zoo show in '06, and he gave it up to them after going. I owe him at least as much.

Did you have to go back and quote because someone would think you were talking about weird al?

Newbomb Turk
man - two of my favorites from my HS days.

I'd go.

sooneron
2/24/2008, 08:12 PM
man - two of my favorites from my HS days.

I'd go.
I saw the PoPo at MSG last July. I really like Elvis, but these tix will not be cheap.

Newbomb Turk
2/24/2008, 08:13 PM
I saw the PoPo at MSG last July. I really like Elvis, but these tix will not be cheap.

spend that cash - your little girl can go to a community college.

;)

OUAndy1807
2/24/2008, 08:20 PM
skip the police, go see elvis.

sooneron
2/25/2008, 10:23 AM
Yikes, the tix for the venue closer to me!!

Type
2 FULL PRICE TICKET

Ticket Price
US $225.25 x 2

Convenience Charge
US $22.95 x 2

Building Facility Charge
US $6.00 x 2

No thanks.

Animal Mother
2/25/2008, 02:06 PM
Yikes, the tix for the venue closer to me!!

No thanks.

Got an email from Ticketbastages about Police and Elvis. Too much MONEY. They're playing my part of the world at Schmirnoff/Superpages.com whatever the heck it's being called today.I got used to calling that place the Vodkaplex and they change it. How could a booze sponsor loose money as much as people drink in DFW? I already spent cash on Roger Waters so it was a no go for Elvis and the Police. Elvis needs to play the Palladium or Bass Hall mainly because I can see Bass Hall from my parking garage. He is still making a good noise.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/25/2008, 02:29 PM
Elvis = good

Police = not as good