PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't OSU Fans Stay Off Court

MichiganSooner
2/24/2008, 09:25 AM
Didn't watch the game because I was at work and besides that, I am a Sooner fan. Great win for OSU over KU. Congratulations!

Then I read the paper this morning and big picture shows OSU fans swarming the court. This is at least the second time this has happened this season.
Big 12 conference rules require fans to stay off football fields. Doesn't this rule apply to basketball courts? Second, all we ever hear after they have gone through another pathetic football season is, "wait to basketball season".

What it all boils down to is they are losers and need to really celebrate a rare win. This also proves they are not the Top 5 basketball program that they think they are. Do you see Duke, North Carolina, Florida, KU, and UCLA fans flooding the courts after they win a regular season ballgame?

Quote from the Tulsa World by Eddie Sutton: Eddie Sutton said during the radio interview that one of the things that bothers him about criticism of Sean is "that I did a lot for Oklahoma State and bringing that basketball program back. Before I got there, it wasn't very good and for (Sean) not to get an opportunity to show what he can do really upsets me."

From 1959-90, OSU made two NCAA Tournament trips. In 16 seasons under Eddie Sutton, the Cowboys made 13 NCAA Tournament appearances and reached two Final Fours.

badger
2/24/2008, 09:46 AM
The pressure's on Sean to prove he's not just daddy's boy with daddy's job... and he's coming through when he needs to. Maybe the fans were sick of losing and are happy they aren't anymore.

... insert "OSU is always sick of losing because that's all they do" joke here :D

stoops the eternal pimp
2/24/2008, 09:49 AM
lol...aggies

badger
2/24/2008, 09:53 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2008/200802_B1_hEato82283_b4crowd24.jpg
after nights of sleeping in tents, the middle of the floor feels so warm and secure surrounded by hundreds wearing the same color... we feel safe again. So wonderful bliss... let's light up a joint and sing kumbaya.
worrrrrrd.

:D

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 09:58 AM
Eddie's quote is the definition of institutional nepotism. whether or not Sean can "do it" shouldn't be leveraged on whatever "debt" Eddie feels OSU owes him. Maybe the fat cats at OSU didn't really like Eddie putting them in the newspapers with his erratic (and dangerous) behavior? or feeding them a struggling, unproven young coach when a top program like OSU could easily draw John Wooden, Greg Popovich or Norman Dale? or, better still, if the Ed-meister thinks OSU owes his family this or that....maybe the state of the program HE left deserves some scrutiny since apparently Sean is blameless? why the rough transition? can't have it both ways Ed.

that's just a bizarre statement. it's one thing to come out in public to support your son (though keeping your mouth shut let's him at least appear to be his own man and not still just "Eddie's son"), but leave yourself out of it.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:02 AM
Didn't watch the game because I was at work and besides that, I am a Sooner fan. Great win for OSU over KU. Congratulations!

Then I read the paper this morning and big picture shows OSU fans swarming the court. This is at least the second time this has happened this season.
Big 12 conference rules require fans to stay off football fields. Doesn't this rule apply to basketball courts? Second, all we ever hear after they have gone through another pathetic football season is, "wait to basketball season".

What it all boils down to is they are losers and need to really celebrate a rare win. This also proves they are not the Top 5 basketball program that they think they are. Do you see Duke, North Carolina, Florida, KU, and UCLA fans flooding the courts after they win a regular season ballgame?

Quote from the Tulsa World by Eddie Sutton: Eddie Sutton said during the radio interview that one of the things that bothers him about criticism of Sean is "that I did a lot for Oklahoma State and bringing that basketball program back. Before I got there, it wasn't very good and for (Sean) not to get an opportunity to show what he can do really upsets me."

From 1959-90, OSU made two NCAA Tournament trips. In 16 seasons under Eddie Sutton, the Cowboys made 13 NCAA Tournament appearances and reached two Final Fours.

Is someone pouting because his/her team just got throttled by Texas?

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 10:04 AM

is someone posting on an OU board on Sunday morning because they finally beat someone good this year?

badger
2/24/2008, 10:14 AM
I don't know, are you? I mean, you led most of the game and it was at home and all... but just like that, Texas jumps ahead and you lose and can't find those elusive wins that Boone Pickens thought he paid for. Well, at least you won enough games to go to a bowl game and such. Fortunately not all your opponents were as tough as Troy.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:15 AM
is someone posting on an OU board on Sunday morning because they finally beat someone good this year?

Probably!

I wouldn't talk too much though! OU is one loss away from sitting in the same spot as we are.

BTW, since our loss to KSU, we have seemed to turn things around and we have beat some good teams on the way(Baylor, Texas A&M, and Kansas).

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:16 AM
I don't know, are you? I mean, you led most of the game and it was at home and all... but just like that, Texas jumps ahead and you lose and can't find those elusive wins that Boone Pickens thought he paid for. Well, at least you won enough games to go to a bowl game and such. Fortunately not all your opponents were as tough as Troy.

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think this is a basketball thread. I don't think football was ever mentioned. Nice try!

Newbomb Turk
2/24/2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think football was ever mentioned. Nice try!

football was mentioned in the first post.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:25 AM
football was mentioned in the first post.

LOL! Wow, you got me there! This is still a basketball thread. Your football talk is useless as of right now.

Newbomb Turk
2/24/2008, 10:27 AM
LOL! Wow, you got me there! This is still a basketball thread. Your football talk is useless as of right now.

fine - our chicks beat your chicks. and the fans didn't storm the court.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't talk too much though! OU is one loss away from sitting in the same spot as we are.

Really? Since when is 18-9 only one game better than 14-12?

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 10:28 AM
Probably!

you seem to lack the ability to make the analytical distinction between me talking about your "show-up after a win" posting style (or Eddie Sutton, as I did above) and what I never said about OU's success (or lackthereof) on the basketball floor or the conference standings.

and wipe the dribble off your chin.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:29 AM
Really? Since when is 18-9 only one game better than 14-12?

Nice try! I was talking about the Big 12 conference standings. OU is 6-6 while OSU is 5-7.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 10:31 AM
you seem to lack the ability to make the analytical distinction between me talking about your "show-up after a win" posting style (or Eddie Sutton, as I did above) and what I never said about OU's success (or lackthereof) on the basketball floor or the conference standings.

and wipe the dribble off your chin.

I believe I said "probably". I admitted to the fact that I was on here after a good win.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 10:37 AM
Nice try! I was talking about the Big 12 conference standings. OU is 6-6 while OSU is 5-7.

Yeah! I'd be trying to forget about my non conference play if I were you too! One thing you have to remember though! 14-12 teams don't make the NCAA Tournament!

Anyway, that is still better! What is it that you guys are better at?! We're obviously better than you in football! We just beat you in wrestling! Better in basketball! You might have a chance in baseball?! Golf!

Eielson
2/24/2008, 10:39 AM
I believe I said "probably". I admitted to the fact that I was on here after a good win.

So why haven't you left yet?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/24/2008, 10:50 AM
. Your football talk is useless as of right now.

Football talk is useless all year for an osu fan..just replay the same conversations and posts you ve had for the last...well however long they ve been playing football

meoveryouxinfinity
2/24/2008, 10:59 AM
Great win for Okie State and their fans. They deserve to storm the court after their colossal win over #5 KU.

But I reserve my right to LMFAO at them for it.

MichiganSooner
2/24/2008, 11:52 AM

No.

Just wondering why OSU fans can't behave like they have won a big game before because they honestly believe they are a Top 5 program.

Also, just wondering if the Big 12 Conference has a rule to keep fans off a basketball court. They have that rule for football. If a rule is not in place, it needs to be for the protection of the players and fans.

Oshoe
2/24/2008, 12:18 PM
No.

Just wondering why OSU fans can't behave like they have won a big game before because they honestly believe they are a Top 5 program.

Also, just wondering if the Big 12 Conference has a rule to keep fans off a basketball court. They have that rule for football. If a rule is not in place, it needs to be for the protection of the players and fans.

I think the solution is pretty easy. Take a tip from the LNC mausoleum and move the students back about 25 feet. That'll create that nice reverent atmosphere. No will have to stand or yell. That and don't beat top 10 teams at home.

Then you guys can worry about OSU's football stadium or Boone or whatever you like to obsess about.

Soonerus
2/24/2008, 12:20 PM
lack of institutional control...

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 12:59 PM
Yeah! I'd be trying to forget about my non conference play if I were you too! One thing you have to remember though! 14-12 teams don't make the NCAA Tournament!

Anyway, that is still better! What is it that you guys are better at?! We're obviously better than you in football! We just beat you in wrestling! Better in basketball! You might have a chance in baseball?! Golf!

OU better be careful if teams with 12 losses don't make the NCAA Tournament because they could easily lose 3 of their final 4 games.

OUstud
2/24/2008, 01:01 PM
I think we would have stormed the court if we beat KU...except the LNC YSG would have had all 100 of their taskforce surrounding the court. :(

Eielson
2/24/2008, 02:10 PM
OU better be careful if teams with 12 losses don't make the NCAA Tournament because they could easily lose 3 of their final 4 games.

I was talking about teams with 14 wins.

goingoneight
2/24/2008, 02:28 PM
LOL! OSU was useless as of 1890...

I love how when someone in any sport barely eeks by someone on their home field or court, suddenly they think they've arrived. :D

goingoneight
2/24/2008, 02:31 PM
I think the solution is pretty easy. Take a tip from the LNC mausoleum and move the students back about 25 feet. That'll create that nice reverent atmosphere. No will have to stand or yell. That and don't beat top 10 teams at home.

Then you guys can worry about OSU's football stadium or Boone or whatever you like to obsess about.

This coming from the fanbase that has an entire message board dedicated to their obsession of yours truly.

Do you know what "upset" means? It means you were an afterthought. And judging by your record this season, you still are.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 02:52 PM
I think the solution is pretty easy. Take a tip from the LNC mausoleum and move the students back about 25 feet. That'll create that nice reverent atmosphere. No will have to stand or yell.

You can yell and cheer as loud as you want about nothing, but your team will still be worse.:P

tulsaoilerfan
2/24/2008, 03:50 PM

You are fixin to be negged to Bolivia:D

Mixer!
2/24/2008, 05:58 PM
Amazing what can happen in the span of 10 days.

aggroids go from "FIRE THAT POS SON-OF-A-DRUNK COACH!!!" to "THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE A BADAZZ TOP 5 HOOPS PROGRAM; SO CHOKE ON IT, B!TCH!!!"

:rolleyes: :stunned:

hOlden caUlfield...
2/24/2008, 06:52 PM
The last time OU and OSU have met in the following sports, OU has won:
Baseball, Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Football, and Wrestling. They look to Texas and other teams who can beat us to brag on when we remind them that they suck. We own them. It's not even an argument.

kevpks
2/24/2008, 07:14 PM

I don't think the fan of a team that has only won one road games in the past two seasons should really be worrying about how OU plays on the road.

OSUFAN11
2/24/2008, 07:37 PM
The last time OU and OSU have met in the following sports, OU has won:
Baseball, Softball, Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Football, and Wrestling. They look to Texas and other teams who can beat us to brag on when we remind them that they suck. We own them. It's not even an argument.

WOW! Nice try on this one. OU may have won those games the "last" time they played OSU, but it does not mean OU "owns" OSU in all around athletics.

Baseball: OU only beat OSU 1 time last season. OSU beat OU 3 times and just about made it to the CWS. OU didn't "own" anything when it came to playing OSU last season in baseball.

Softball: OU was better.

Men's Basketball: OU has the edge right now but there is still another game to be played and it will be @ Stillwater. We will see....

Women's Basketball: It was a split! OSU won by 19 in the first game and OU won by 10 in the second. I find it hard say 1 team is better than the other at this point.

Football: No argument. OU is better.

Wrestling: OSU won by 12 the first time and OU won by 3 the second.

With that said, you "own" in football and softball(last season). OSU was clearly better in baseball last season. Both teams split in Women's basketball & wrestling, and there could still be a split in Men's basketball.

soonerhubs
2/24/2008, 08:06 PM
There seem to be too many "nice tries" in this thread. :D

Sooner_Havok
2/24/2008, 08:10 PM
WOW! Nice try on this one.

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah

With that said, you "own" in football and Blah Blah Blah

Sorry, I only caught part of what you said:D

badger
2/24/2008, 08:17 PM
He's used to saying that.

Gundy tries to beat OU: NICE TRY!
Gundy tries to beat OU again: Nice try!
Gundy tries to beat OU for a third time: Nice try...
Sean Sutton tries to beat OU: FIRE HIM! FIRE HIM NOW... I mean, NICE TRY!

hOlden caUlfield...
2/24/2008, 08:26 PM
blah blah blahbullsh!t

OU owns OSU in most sports overall. Especially the popular sports that people actually watch.

OUsooner1
2/24/2008, 08:37 PM
WOW! Nice try on this one. OU may have won those games the "last" time they played OSU, but it does not mean OU "owns" OSU in all around athletics.

Baseball: OU only beat OSU 1 time last season. OSU beat OU 3 times and just about made it to the CWS. OU didn't "own" anything when it came to playing OSU last season in baseball.

Softball: OU was better.

Men's Basketball: OU has the edge right now but there is still another game to be played and it will be @ Stillwater. We will see....

Women's Basketball: It was a split! OSU won by 19 in the first game and OU won by 10 in the second. I find it hard say 1 team is better than the other at this point.

Wrestling: OSU won by 12 the first time and OU won by 3 the second.

With that said, you "own" in football and softball(last season). OSU was clearly better in baseball last season. Both teams split in Women's basketball & wrestling, and there could still be a split in Men's basketball.

hey cowpoke
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4977/kindafailhomedepotlz5.jpg

cheezyq
2/24/2008, 09:35 PM

What about the OU-OSU standings? I believe the score there is 1-0 Sooners.

cheezyq
2/24/2008, 09:52 PM

LOL. That's a classic from the Stoolwater faithful. They think it's a witty retort to anything one of them "Gooners" has to say. I have a couple of theories as to why they use it so often.

1. Since they're always "ever so close" to being successful, or always "on the rise" in their every endeavor, they're relegated to saying "nice try", rather than "job well done".

2. It's a polite, yet semi-deflective, way to avoid uttering the phrase, "Damn, we suck".

3. It allows them to make a snide comment about any topic in which they know nothing.

4. It requires no commitment to making a defense or argument of any kind. In fact, the person spewing the favorite phrase simply dismisses the other side of the argument with the phrase, thinking that somehow they've miraculously siezed the upperhand in the discussion by doing so.

5. They're aggies, and they're trying to make a funny.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/24/2008, 10:02 PM
Funny. All OSU fans wanted to talk about last year was the total record including non-conference. Now non-conference play is irrelevant?

soonerhubs
2/24/2008, 10:09 PM
I wore my OU tie today when making some Church visits around here. That usually gets a good reaction from the Payne County crowds.

Oshoe
2/24/2008, 11:23 PM
Funny. All OSU fans wanted to talk about last year was the total record including non-conference. Now non-conference play is irrelevant?

I was told many times last year that ou and OSU finished the same. It's a two way street each fan base is going to spin it the way they want it. But I am on the sooner board so I guess Non-conference it is....

picasso
2/25/2008, 01:29 PM
Probably!

BTW, since our loss to KSU, we have seemed to turn things around and we have beat some good teams on the way(Baylor, Texas A&M, and Kansas).
so, you finally win a few games and start to try and work some smack?

impressive.

jdsooner
2/25/2008, 02:09 PM
If you can't win your conference; you have to celebrate a single victory.

Mixer!
2/25/2008, 03:58 PM
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3591/poster31514633di2.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
2/25/2008, 06:31 PM
That can't be stoolwater; where's the farm animals?

birddog
2/25/2008, 06:44 PM
they were all grounded for boozin it up after hours at the sutton chalet.

Soonerborn62
3/1/2008, 12:58 PM

They thought there was a sale on chewing tobacco. Notice how fast the women got there.

Oshoe
3/1/2008, 07:38 PM
Is celebrating when times are good a bad thing? I thought that's what all fans did.

Mixer!
3/2/2008, 01:03 AM
When you pile onto the court, behaving like you just won the biggest game in the history of ever, yeah.

It's just a regular season game, so act like you've actually witnessed a victory before today. :stunned:

Oshoe
3/3/2008, 01:40 AM
When you pile onto the court, behaving like you just won the biggest game in the history of ever, yeah.

It's just a regular season game, so act like you've actually witnessed a victory before today. :stunned:
I know a lot of this is just because you hate OSU and that's cool but do you really think anyone thought this was a historical win?

I mean these are 18-22 year old kids that camp out to get good seats, so would expect they would be a little over zealous after a win over the 4th ranked team in the nation.

I guess you're just poking fun and that's fine but it just didn't seem to make sense.

sooneron
3/3/2008, 09:48 AM
This thread smells of sheep ****. Oh, nm.

cheezyq
3/3/2008, 10:10 AM
I mean these are 18-22 year old kids that camp out to get good seats

Really? For OSU tix? Are you sure they weren't just homeless graduates of the university? :D

Don't be so offended Oshoe. Your team's fans do the same thing. It's all part of having a rival. Well, if you can even call it a rivalry, given the head-to-head records in the major sports. Zing! Seriously, though, we don't hate you. We just like to make fun of you. Hate is too strong an emotion to have for a team that has so little relevance. Zing again! Oh man, I'm sorry, I just can't stop.

;)

orangekaje
3/3/2008, 10:55 AM
I know a lot of this is just because you hate OSU and that's cool but do you really think anyone thought this was a historical win?

I mean these are 18-22 year old kids that camp out to get good seats, so would expect they would be a little over zealous after a win over the 4th ranked team in the nation.

I guess you're just poking fun and that's fine but it just didn't seem to make sense.

Don't worry. They're just jealous because this is what their court looks like when their fans rush it:

http://www.ou.edu/lnc/index_files/su_basketball.jpg

:D;)

starrca23
3/3/2008, 11:00 AM
Which is still less empty seats than in your football stadium...

orangekaje
3/3/2008, 11:44 AM
Which is still less empty seats than in your football stadium...

:P

Mixer!
3/4/2008, 12:20 PM
I know a lot of this is just because you hate OSU and that's cool This has nothing to do with the men's basketball team. Don't try to redirect your rebuttal off the topic.

but do you really think anyone thought this was a historical win?not was a historical win, acted like it was a historical win.

I mean these are 18-22 year old kids that camp out to get good seats, so would expect they would be a little over zealous after a win over the 4th ranked team in the nation. I'd think they'd want to storm the court following the win over Colorado, seeing as how that came after losing six straight. Or even Baylor, a team that's higher ranked in the standings. But they didn't. So either it was because it was business as usual; or because they'd lost faith in the team and were waiting for a miracle. The post-Kansas game celebration said it all.

I guess you're just poking fun and that's fine but it just didn't seem to make sense. Well, I hope that help sets you straight. Good luck Wednesday night.

Crimsontothecore
3/4/2008, 09:38 PM
I heard that osu students were instructed to rush the court after any big win. Apparently the hope is that the crowd of people will obscure the name of the worthless drunk that adorns their court..just in case highlights are shown on TV.

Oshoe
3/5/2008, 12:26 PM
This has nothing to do with the men's basketball team. Don't try to redirect your rebuttal off the topic.

It does have something to do with your motive for your post content which is incidentally about men's basketball but if tertiary thinking is beyond you i'll try to keep it basic.

not was a historical win, acted like it was a historical win.

Someone (students) thought it was historical so they acted like it was historical.

I guess your definition of acting like it's historical is rushing the court than yeah. But we didn't tear down the nets or make t-shirts(a more embarrassing OSU tradition)

I'd think they'd want to storm the court following the win over Colorado, seeing as how that came after losing six straight. Or even Baylor, a team that's higher ranked in the standings. But they didn't. So either it was because it was business as usual; or because they'd lost faith in the team and were waiting for a miracle. The post-Kansas game celebration said it all.

I don't know why we would storm the court against teams we regularly beat that aren't consider one of the elite programs ranked in the top 5 in the nation.

If you can't see the difference between beating Baylor or Colorado versus beating Kansas in a game that came down to the last second no less than there is no point in going any further.

Crimsontothecore
3/6/2008, 10:40 AM
Don't worry. They're just jealous because this is what their court looks like when their fans rush it:

http://www.ou.edu/lnc/index_files/su_basketball.jpg

:D;)

Well sis, I would say Eddie Drunken court looked about that empty after last nights game! 'OL floppy probably popped a cork with dad after that one:P

NormanPride
3/6/2008, 11:03 AM
'Ol floppy's lost about half the hair on his head this season. I predict a rug sometime over the summer.

Jeopardude
3/6/2008, 12:46 PM
Ol' Floppy is one of the unhealthiest looking dudes around. He looks like a geek who plays World of Warcraft 18 hours a day 7 days a week while living on a diet of Dr. Pepper, Cheetos and Long John Silver's. I of course say that out of concern.

jdsooner
3/6/2008, 02:58 PM
:D They stayed off the court on Senior Night!:D

MichiganSooner
3/6/2008, 03:10 PM
On Orangepower.com there was a discussion BEFORE the game on... should we rush the court if we win?
To Cowboy fans, do what you want to do. Personally, I think you should stand and politely clap and cheer your team, win or lose, while they shake hands with the opponent. Buying a ticket should give you the right to attend the game not swarm the court after it is over.

starrca23
3/6/2008, 03:43 PM
I agree Michsooner...unless it is a national title football game (that we win).

cheezyq
3/6/2008, 03:58 PM
On Orangepower.com there was a discussion BEFORE the game on... should we rush the court if we win?
To Cowboy fans, do what you want to do. Personally, I think you should stand and politely clap and cheer your team, win or lose, while they shake hands with the opponent. Buying a ticket should give you the right to attend the game not swarm the court after it is over.

OP posters are just hilarious all around. I'm surprised half of them haven't driven off a cliff by now. Oddly, though, they seem to thrive on despair. They coddle each other after a loss with things like "I still wuv my pokies", "i hate dem gooners", "i hate uo", and stupid crap like that.

Its enough to make you either :pop: or :rolleyes:

picasso
3/6/2008, 05:02 PM
as Poke football fans they should be used to dealing with disappointment.

Crimsontothecore
3/6/2008, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised half of them haven't driven off a cliff by now.

Not a bad alternative considering the fact they share the roadways of stoolwater with Eddie.

Piware
3/6/2008, 11:22 PM

I saw that too and just cracked up. Some of them stood in line for hours, sat through the game hoping for a win just so they could rush the court and make fools of themselves. The debate regarding "to rush or not to rush" went on for a couple of days.

BTW, do these students that camp out in tents and stand in line for hours ever go to class or do they just herd the sheep over to the Glug Glug Arena?!?:P

Crimsontothecore
3/7/2008, 07:46 AM
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/mollytrixie/NSAPLS-1.jpg
:P