PDA

View Full Version : Uh, Beasley Just Dropped 44 on BU....

OUSKINS
2/23/2008, 10:15 PM
And KSU LOST in Waco 92-86.

Beasley and Walker combined for 75 of KSU's 86 points. The rest of the team was a combined 3-18 from the field. Nice.

Beasley is the best college basketball player I've seen in 20 years. KSU's coaching is not the best I've seen in 20 years :)

Wow.

tommieharris91
2/23/2008, 10:46 PM
Baylor's coaching is not the best I've seen in 20 years, either.

Big Red Ron
2/23/2008, 10:58 PM
What if the Sonics suck enough to get either Beasley or Griffin to go with Durant?

;)

Eielson
2/24/2008, 12:21 AM
I still think Durant is better than Beasley. Beasley may have a better stat line but Durant could do some unbelievable things.

OUSKINS
2/24/2008, 10:59 AM
I still think Durant is better than Beasley. Beasley may have a better stat line but Durant could do some unbelievable things.

I really disagree with that comment. Durant was awesome, no doubt. And the guy is going to win Rookie of the Year in the NBA hands down (although it is a very down year for rookies). But there is certainly no doubt that Durant was a fantastic college player and he is already proving to be a worthy top pick in the NBA.

And I might agree that Durant was more fun/more awe-inspiring to watch than Beasley. But in terms of who is "better," I give that to Beasley hands down. I also think if you asked 30 NBA GM's who they'd rather have, 25 or so would pick Beasley over Durant.

Durant is super talented, but still w/o a position to a certain extent. Beasely is a PF-- and a dynamic one at that.

What Beasley looks like to me is a more polished, more athletic version of Karl Malone-- and that is very, very scary. Not to mention the guy basically never misses at the FT line.

Big Red Ron
2/24/2008, 11:02 AM
I will say Beasley is doing more with less at KSU than what I think Durant could have done without all the talent he had a tex.

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 11:03 AM
I will say Beasley is doing more with less at KSU than what I think Durant could have done without all the talent he had a tex.

Durant had Augustin at UT. who else? not trying to get on the Durant side of this, but UT didn't have a lot. LaMarcus Aldridge and Durant never played together. Beasley has Walker who was a top 50 player.

Big Red Ron
2/24/2008, 11:11 AM
KSU was a doormat for decades, UT not even close and ut has one of the top 3 coaches in CBB. Ksu doesn't.

Every single player on UT's squad is better than ksu's.

King Crimson
2/24/2008, 11:26 AM
KSU was a doormat for decades, UT not even close and ut has one of the top 3 coaches in CBB. Ksu doesn't.

Every single player on UT's squad is better than ksu's.

last year KSU went 9-7 in conference (which was the only year Durant played). "decades" has no relevance.

I'll give you Barnes, but that changes the nature of the Beasley-Durant conversation.

who's a better player, Conner Atchley or Cartier Martin?

Big Red Ron
2/24/2008, 11:44 AM
Let's just put it this way, Abrams, Augustine, Damian James and Durant is a far superior top 4 than what KSU has. There were some other players on that team that were very solid.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 02:39 PM
Why does who Durant had around him make much difference? Durant probably had more talent around him, but he also would've beaten Beasley's team. Texas stumbled against USC in the NCAA Tournament but if Durant hadn't gotten hurt, Texas would've been the Big XII Champs. Statistically they are pretty even, but wouldn't Beasley's stats be more inflated if he didn't have anybody around him?

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Beasley play that much this year. I thought would take over games, though. Beasley scores 44 points and his team still loses?

They are obviously both amazing players. You can't lead the conference in rebounds and points as a freshman if you're not.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 02:47 PM
Let's just put it this way, Abrams, Augustine, Damian James and Durant is a far superior top 4 than what KSU has.

Is it really that much superior? Texas has Durant and KSU has Beasley. I'd take Walker over last year's Augustine. Jacob Pullen is having a fairly productive season. He's had some pretty much non existant games but he's also had games like Kansas where he scored 20 points. I would take Abrams over him but I wouldn't take last year's James over him. So yeah, they're better, but if Beasley were to be better than Durant it wouldn't be by much.

Big Red Ron
2/24/2008, 02:49 PM
Is it really that much superior? Texas has Durant and KSU has Beasley. I'd take Walker over last year's Augustine. Jacob Pullen is having a fairly productive season. He's had some pretty much non existant games but he's also had games like Kansas where he scored 20 points. I would take Abrams over him but I wouldn't take last year's James over him. So yeah, they're better, but if Beasley were to be better than Durant it wouldn't be by much.Whatever dude, you're biased because you want Durant to look as good as possible.

Sucks for you that he'll be living in Oklahoma in a few months.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 02:53 PM
Whatever dude, you're biased because you want Durant to look as good as possible.

You're just biased and want Beasley to look good as possible.

Frozen Sooner
2/24/2008, 03:02 PM
I'm a Sonics fan and Durant has been a bit of a disappointment. He shoots an abysmal percentage and he brings Luke Ridenour-like defensive tenacity.

Sure, he scores a lot, but when you chuck 20-30 shots a game you probably should.

He's still good and will be rookie of the year, but he's not as good as the Sonics expected when they drafted him.

Big Red Ron
2/24/2008, 03:07 PM
You're just biased and want Beasley to look good as possible.Well, since he's going to be on MY team next year, I don't know why you would think that. I'm looking at it from a Sonics fan's perspective, would I want Durant or Beasley. I dislike KSU (remember the Big 8?) as much as I hate UT. Of course I'm one of those that grew up with Neb as our main rival, not texas.

Durant is good but he really needs to get stronger.

Eielson
2/24/2008, 03:25 PM
Durant is good but he really needs to get stronger.

It would help some but I really don't think it's as important as it is hyped up to be. If the team felt it was a big issue they could easily fix that in one off-season. You also have to remember that when he is benching, he has to go a long way to get to the top of that 7'5 wingspan or whatever it is. On the other hand, a team can't do anything about Beasley's maturity.

They're both obviously great players, though.

Statalyzer
2/25/2008, 01:55 PM
Let's just put it this way, Abrams, Augustine, Damian James and Durant is a far superior top 4 than what KSU has. There were some other players on that team that were very solid.

Texas' guys are also a lot better this year than they were last year when they were almost all freshman (AJ and Connor were sophomores).

shaun4411
2/25/2008, 01:59 PM
im just glad texas doesnt have the players they *could* have.

such as durant and aldridge.

Statalyzer
2/25/2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah UT could put out a "what if" lineup of

Augustine
Gibson
Durant
James
Aldridge

Of course, there's probably 9 or 10 schools that could do that with their recent early entries as well. It's just the way NCAA basketball is.

skycat
2/26/2008, 01:23 AM
It ain't coaching when everybody but Beasley/Walker is 3-18 (or something similar, I'm not looking up that stat again right now) from the effing field. I was at the game and everybody but those two were absolutely craptacular. That trend more or less continued tonight, except Pullen came out of it a little and Walker absolutely went into the tank.

Also, anybody who'd rather have Durant than Beasley at this point doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. And yes, the supporting cast Durant had last year is superior to what is around Beasley this year. Even with Walker.

King Crimson
2/26/2008, 12:06 PM
and he brings Luke Ridenour-like defensive tenacity.

ahh, old Luke Ridnour....the man of whom it was once said on national TV:

"he couldn't guard a stop sign".

starrca23
2/26/2008, 12:20 PM
Just my opinion, but I would take Durant. Kid can score from anywhere on the floor and he can handle the ball. Beasley is a better rebounder though. Durant would have been no. 1 if there had been no Oden, you could say the same about Beasley. They are 1 and 1a.
Who would you want to have on your team to get the last shot? I go with Durant.

Big Red Ron
2/26/2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah UT could put out a "what if" lineup of

Augustine
Gibson
Durant
James
Aldridge

Of course, there's probably 9 or 10 schools that could do that with their recent early entries as well. It's just the way NCAA basketball is.Yeah, just imagine how bad the beating would have been in the cotton bowl last year if AD would have stayed. ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/26/2008, 06:10 PM
The best "what if" team I think I ever saw was from when Kentucky won the national championship in the 90s with a team that could have included both Shawn Kemp and Jamaal Mashburn-and STILL won the NCAA tournament without them.