PDA

View Full Version : Report: OU has a big game against Texas today

stoops the eternal pimp
2/23/2008, 10:25 AM
Ok people.

KS is gone. Whether he is hired, fired, loved, or hated, I think its time for some closure with it. I think 2 years is just about enough time to lament the dealings of the former coach.

Jeff Capel is here. OU has won a couple of games with classic finishes in a row. Tony Crocker is averaging 17 points a game over the last 3 games. BG continues to impress more and more each week. Auston Johnson is playing well. This team has a chance to get back to the Big Dance and surprise some people.

Here's to a big win today..

william_brasky
2/23/2008, 10:48 AM
I am optimistic about this team, but I don't like the thought of us trying to match up with those Whorn guards. They're real good.

Hopefully, Capel has something up his sleeve to counter those suckers.

stoopified
2/23/2008, 11:06 AM
If we shoot well and get decent officiating(i.e. Blake and L2 aren't allowed to be mugged w/o fouls called),we have a shot.We have an edge inside .

Gottlieb and his cronies have ALL picked UT to win,saying it will be ugly.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/23/2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think we have any "shot" unless we make 3s early and often. No pun intended

SleestakSooner
2/23/2008, 11:21 AM
This team has a chance against anyone. Chances are slim, but if we can stay out of foul trouble and hit close to 45% of our shots it could happen.

I'm watching either way

Newbomb Turk
2/23/2008, 11:42 AM
very slim - and I'll be watching too.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/23/2008, 11:53 AM
this is gonna be a tough game but i think the way the game is called will have a big impact..BG gets in foul trouble, its gonna be a long afternoon

sooner518
2/23/2008, 11:58 AM
i dont get to watch us play very often here in Denver, so I will definitely be watching this. but man, their guards can flat out shoot the 3. if they are hot from deep, it'll be a long day

soonervegas
2/23/2008, 12:09 PM
Personally the one thing I do NOT want to see is us spend maximum effort to lose by 4. I would rather take a 15 point beating and be out of it early and focus on Nebraska. A tough loss here could easily cost us two games.

Skysooner
2/23/2008, 12:40 PM
Anyone know a good sports bar in far south Tulsa to watch the game at?

Sooner98
2/23/2008, 01:12 PM
I have convinced myself that I will not get all worked up and bent out of shape if we lose - this really isn't a "must win" game like Tech and Baylor were. I just hope we give them a good game, a lot of effort, play smart, and don't go something like 3 of 22 from 3-point range. If we do win, that would be huge, but if we don't, it's not devastating. Just don't look bad in doing so.

OUmillenium
2/23/2008, 01:28 PM
Best sports bar in Tulsa is over on 111th and Memorial near Starworld. Been there once and loved it but can't remember the name...searching...searching...file not found but the locale is easy to find.

Eielson
2/23/2008, 01:38 PM
Gottlieb and his cronies have ALL picked UT to win,saying it will be ugly.

Yay! Corso has picked us to lose the last 8 years in football.

Skysooner
2/23/2008, 01:44 PM
Best sports bar in Tulsa is over on 111th and Memorial near Starworld. Been there once and loved it but can't remember the name...searching...searching...file not found but the locale is easy to find.
Just drove by it. Thanks.

OUstud
2/23/2008, 02:57 PM
Texas succs

colleyvillesooner
2/23/2008, 03:47 PM
4 mins in and BG has 7 Rebs. OU. Has 1 point