PDA

View Full Version : It feels good wearing the gear today!

oupride
2/23/2008, 10:24 AM
Each and every Saturday I get up, don't shave, put on my OU gear and head out to complete the honey-doos for the day. It occured to me that wearing my OU gear did not end with the season and I wondered who else is wearing your OU colors on Saturday even tho there is no game to attend or watch. It's great to be a Sooner fan here in south tx. huh? whats that? lost 4 BCS games? UH, we got 5 Big 12 Championships in 8 years baby! It feels good wearing the gear today! GOD BLESS BOB STOOPS AND BOOMER SOONER!

OU-HSV
2/23/2008, 10:34 AM
I wear the gear almost daily...whether it's one of my hats, jackets, or shirts. I was given several OU shirts for Christmas, so they've been coming in handy. After losses..I still wear the gear. Game day or not...any day is a good day to wear the Sooner gear. In fact I just realized I'm wearing an old OU t-shirt as I type this. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
2/23/2008, 10:35 AM
In fact I just realized I'm wearing an old OU t-shirt as I type this. :D

I ve got a old shirt on with the number 14 on it

OU-HSV
2/23/2008, 10:58 AM
I ve got a old shirt on with the number 14 on it
And 14 is relative once again :D

yermom
2/23/2008, 10:59 AM
there's plenty of reason to be wearing OU gear in Texass today

bri
2/23/2008, 11:03 AM

Shhhh, we're on the Football forum. Most of these people don't even know that OU plays any other sports.

OU-HSV
2/23/2008, 11:10 AM
word

Since71ASooner4Life
2/23/2008, 11:26 AM
I wear my Sooner gear year round. It's inviting to the locals here in Michigan (I'm 10 miles from Ann arbor) to ask why, and then I get to enjoy telling them what a real football team is all about. And I'm more determined than ever to wear it after a loss, just to remind the few knuckleheads around here wearing their little cow hats who owns who. Most of them aren't real Shorthorn fans - just bandwagon wannabes who got on board in 2005. But if there are any of these real misguided derelicts in the crowd, I've got them covered too :)

SleestakSooner
2/23/2008, 11:32 AM
Each and every Saturday I get up, don't shave, put on my OU gear and head out to complete the honey-doos for the day. It occured to me that wearing my OU gear did not end with the season and I wondered who else is wearing your OU colors on Saturday even tho there is no game to attend or watch. It's great to be a Sooner fan here in south tx. huh? whats that? lost 4 BCS games? UH, we got 5 Big 12 Championships in 8 years baby! It feels good wearing the gear today! GOD BLESS BOB STOOPS AND BOOMER SOONER!

I am also wearing my OKLAHOMA SOONER hoody and baseball cap at work today, and tend to do so each Saturday. I love the sentiment but as yermom mentioned there is indeed a game to watch today. March madness is just around the corner ya know!

olevetonahill
2/23/2008, 11:43 AM
Shhhh, we're on the Football forum. Most of these people don't even know that OU plays any other sports.
What is this "other Sports" of which you speak ?:confused:

sendbaht
2/23/2008, 12:11 PM
I am off work today but need to go to work for a few hours. All this OU clothes chat has me wearing my nice OU shirt. I'm in the middle of usc/ucla counrty. Good for them to see some class on a shirt.:) Thanks for the Saturday idea.

tommieharris91
2/23/2008, 01:20 PM
ME!!! But the gals are playing toothless aggie today at teh LNC.

EDIT: This isn't the game they're mentioning either.

SOONERxWife73
2/23/2008, 09:54 PM
i didn't realize there were people that didn't wear the gear everyday!:confused: i travel all around this great usa everyday and i can tell you the OU logo is seen each and every day all over the country and i'm not counting the one on me. EVERYWHERE, EVERYDAY. carry on.

Soonerus
2/23/2008, 10:04 PM
I try to wear some OU gear every bball game and football, of course is the full regalia

OUster
2/24/2008, 12:36 AM
OUP, now that is funny. I live here in South TX, too. I found myself switching out of my old, regular t-shirt this afternoon before I went out and switched into my OU t-shirt. It is habit. I have more than a few OU t-shirts and it doesn't matter, win or lose, they are my Saturday uniform if I go anywhere in this dongwhorn infested city.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/24/2008, 03:57 AM
I wear my favorite Sooners hoodie--which simply says OKLAHOMA in nicely embroidered and sewn-on red letters--to work almost every (casual) Friday. Of course, where I live, it's all about the Chargers, and any college football fans are generally SUC bandwagoners.

So I suspect my coworkers think my shirt refers only to the state.

I even once saw a woman walking down the hall toward me wearing what was clearly meant to be Sooners gear, a maroon shirt with OKLAHOMA in white letters. You don't see too many of those around here, so I stopped her and asked her if she was from Oklahoma. No, she said, I just have the shirt.

I'd bet lots of good money she has no idea what her clothing refers to.

OUWxGuesser
2/24/2008, 10:29 PM
I have two OU beanies I wear day in and day out in North Dakota...

Ground_Attack
2/24/2008, 11:37 PM
I wear an OU hat to work every day. My 'horn boss never says a word.

goingoneight
2/24/2008, 11:45 PM
I wear OU stuff whenever the mood strikes me, always on a gameday, jerseys on football gamedays. We're not aggies or whorns who have to burn their team garb every week until they win something worth mentioning.

MarylandSooner
2/25/2008, 06:52 AM
I wear my OU fan gear weekly out here in Maryland and I get some funny looks, and most often this comment "is that an Ohio U hat you have on there".

oudivesherpa
2/25/2008, 07:33 AM
It's great to wear Sooner gear here in Houston--Horn fans never say a word. Aggies can be a bother--I just respond 77-0!

4bigoufans
2/25/2008, 07:48 AM
Got an OU tattoo last year so I always have OU on!!!

mynameisjoe
2/25/2008, 01:16 PM
I worked in NYC last summer and I got alot of responses, both good and bad, whenever I decided to wear an OU cap or shirt walking around the city. I wore my cap to a Yankees game and walking to the stadium from the subway, a guy across the street screamed BOOMER at me, and I of course responded back! Not something you'd expect in the South Bronx.

shaun4411
2/25/2008, 03:32 PM
i still wear my favorite ou shirt every saturday. there is always a game (basketball). now, from late march until late august, there isnt much on a saturday afternoon to get all antsy in my pantsy over. but ill still usually don the crimson.

#1 SOONER FAN
2/25/2008, 04:23 PM
I've already got my 2008 T shirt ready for the red/white game coming up in April. I wear my OU colors on Friday's, Saturday and Sunday. Just can't get enough of that color. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready for the Spring GAME!

AllAboutThe'O'
2/26/2008, 07:34 PM
I'm wearing the official OU women's basketball championship cap from last year. I also have an OU cap I've had for over two years and several OU T-shirts. I have more stuff from OU than I have any other school in the country, and that includes my alma mater.

MyT Oklahoma
3/2/2008, 01:54 PM
I don't have the opportunity to wear the colors every day but I do get to drive around with my OU tag on the front of my car to annoy the unwashed and non believers in southwest Kansas.

However, I did have the thrill of wearing the colors in a Miami metro area sports bar last November watching the Sooners beat the Cowboys. Funny, there weren't any Hurricaines around but there sure were a lot of Gators and Seminoles in attendence.

StoopTroup
3/2/2008, 04:04 PM
When it's cold my Oklahoma University tat says "OU.

Dano7198
3/2/2008, 05:41 PM
No words that any fan could post on this page that truly reflects their passion for the glorious institution that is Oklahoma Football, myself included. It isnt just wearing colors or celebrations or being down after a loss.... it is quite simply, a way of life. Its what we are proud of, it shapes what becomes us and perhaps the biggest of all.... what we as individuals BELIEVE in. I AM A SOONER !!! WE ARE TALL, WE ARE PROUD , WE ARE THE SOONER NATION !!!!!

AzianSooner
3/2/2008, 07:43 PM
I lost my bet to a f.king whorn fan (about F.king Fiesta bowl AGAIN) and every saturday till the football season started, i have to wear an underware made by banana leaves

hgarmorer
3/2/2008, 08:50 PM
When it's cold my Oklahoma University tat says "OU.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I wore my OU gear while stationed in DC, Louisiana (of course I didn't hear a word about OU until after 4 Jan 04, geux figure) and while stationed in Korea. Even the local nationals knew about the Sooner Nation. Now I'm back in the states in Florida and no one says anything. I have few canes, gators and noles for neighbors but they say nothing when the OU flag is flying!!!

BOOOOOMMMMEEEEERRR!!!!!!!

Mile High Sooner
3/3/2008, 11:30 PM
"There's a team I can respect!"
That was the compliment given to me in my OU cap by a ND fan at the AFA game vs the Irish. "You know it!" was my response.
On another note... the pregame flyover at Falcon Stadium is a really cool thing.