PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Next Incentive

PLaw
2/22/2008, 09:53 AM
How about a $5MM kicker if he stays 15 years?

BOOMER

bstuff1979
2/22/2008, 09:56 AM
What would Bob Stoops want with Al Del Greco, and isn't his eligibility already all used up?

PLaw
2/22/2008, 06:33 PM
What would Bob Stoops want with Al Del Greco, and isn't his eligibility already all used up?

You, sir, are probably not on a bonus structure. A "kicker" is an incremental bump in the normal bonus amount.

BOOMER

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2008, 06:58 PM
Does he get a bonus or kicker if he wins a bowl game?...prolly not. He should, maybe.

Shneeg11
2/22/2008, 08:23 PM
he definitely gets one for a bowl win, a little more for a bcs bowl, and substantially more for a nc (I assume the last two stipulations)

2/22/2008, 08:28 PM
he definitely gets one for a bowl win, a little more for a bcs bowl, and substantially more for a nc (I assume the last two stipulations)Maybe they should up the ante, to where it motivates.

bstuff1979
2/23/2008, 12:09 AM
You, sir, are probably not on a bonus structure. A "kicker" is an incremental bump in the normal bonus amount.

BOOMER

I'm assuming that you probably already understand this, but that was sarcasm.

goingoneight
2/23/2008, 12:10 AM
I'd give him a $20 if he abandoned the prevent defense. :D

DangTire
2/23/2008, 12:25 AM
I'd toss in another 10 if he could find a D coordinator.

Curly Bill
2/23/2008, 12:29 AM

:D

...seeing as how this is a regular theme of mine too. :D

RedstickSooner
2/23/2008, 01:20 AM

Or, maybe we could just ask him to earn what he's already making -- and take that over himself.

Petey boy doesn't seem to mind running his own defense. I'd like to think Stoops is just as capable of getting hands-on as Petey boy is.

goingoneight
2/23/2008, 01:46 AM
"Petey Boy" has a defensive coordinator. NTM, he has first pick of the top talent in the nation. Have you ever been to L.A.?

PLaw
2/23/2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I got it - and it was good. But a lot of the kids on this board probably did not.

BOOMER

snp
2/23/2008, 03:26 PM
Bob Stoops Bonuses:

Big 12 CCG - $60,000 for participating, $80,000 for winning
Non-BCS Bowl - $65,000
BCS Game - $100,000
BCS MNC - $150,000
Win the BCS MNC - $250,000
BCS Final Ranking Top 10/Top 20- $75,000/50,000
Graduation Rate of 65/75/85/100 - $40,000/50,000/60,000/100,000
Big 12 Coach of the year - $30,000
AP Coach of the year - $60,000

TheUnnamedSooner
2/23/2008, 06:04 PM
I'd give him a $20 if he abandoned the prevent defense. :D

See 2005 RRS

olevetonahill
2/23/2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I got it - and it was good. But a lot of the kids on this board probably did not.

BOOMER
Dude you crawl Outta the Neg hole and Fall right into the next one .
Whats up with that ?

Big Red Ron
2/23/2008, 10:16 PM
I'd be for a 20 Mill bonus if he stays 25 years.

olevetonahill
2/24/2008, 01:30 AM
I'd be for a 20 Mill bonus if he stays 25 years.
Give Me 10 mil
I be On him like stink on shat
He will Stay ;)

2/24/2008, 01:38 AM
Give Me 10 mil
I be On him like stink on shat
He will Stay ;)Just what would you do to make him stay?

olevetonahill
2/24/2008, 01:46 AM
Just what would you do to make him stay?
Do you Care ?
Give me a Mil a Yr
He will stay :cool:

2/24/2008, 02:12 AM
Do you Care ?
Give me a Mil a Yr
He will stay :cool:What's your guarantee?

goingoneight
2/24/2008, 03:00 PM
Stoops must be a natty fan.

olevetonahill
2/24/2008, 03:11 PM
What's your guarantee?
I
Fer a Mill a year Payed to ME Olevet
In Cash Will Guarenty Bob Stoops Stays as Head Coach at OU
Ya pay me This Year he stays
and ever year after the Ya Pay Me the Mill Just How Long Ya want him to stay ?
I can go 10 yrs at a Mil per
But If ya want to strecth it Out More than thatwe Gonna Have to Bump It Up a tad ok ?

Soonersince57
2/24/2008, 05:19 PM
I would think $3 million a year salary would be enough to want to stay - - plus having one of the top 5 jobs in the country.

Of course when OSU's stadium expansion is finished, it will be the #1 job in the country. :rolleyes:

DangTire
2/28/2008, 05:55 AM
:D

...seeing as how this is a regular theme of mine too. :D

It's too bad all these mystery teams beating down OU's door to hire this guy don't throw enough mystery cash at him to leave.

Curly Bill
2/28/2008, 08:55 AM
It's too bad all these mystery teams beating down OU's door to hire this guy don't throw enough mystery cash at him to leave.

Yeah another poster told me about all these D-1 jobs BV had turned down to stay at OU out of a sense of loyalty, blah, blah, blah...

I'm still waiting for the list I requested of those offers. :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
2/28/2008, 10:27 AM
BV might not ever get another good D1 offer...well not if any of those ADs read this board

snp
2/28/2008, 01:43 PM
Yeah another poster told me about all these D-1 jobs BV had turned down to stay at OU out of a sense of loyalty, blah, blah, blah...

I'm still waiting for the list I requested of those offers. :rolleyes:

No body has an official list because there isn't one. He has had interest from BCS program (Arkansas, Minnesota, KSU), other small schools and from the NFL as a LB coach.

Is that enough or are you BV haters going to stand by the argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy a little bit more.

2/28/2008, 01:48 PM
No body has an official list because there isn't one. He has had interest from BCS program (Arkansas, Minnesota, KSU), other small schools and from the NFL as a LB coach.

Is that enough or are you BV haters going to stand by the argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy a little bit more.The dude did so well with that Mizzou game in the Big 12 title game, then the whole coaching staff seemingly fell apart in the Fiesta Bowl...again. WTF! Pay em all the heck more. Maybe that will work?!?!?!?

snp
2/28/2008, 01:59 PM
The dude did so well with that Mizzou game in the Big 12 title game, then the whole coaching staff seemingly fell apart in the Fiesta Bowl...again. WTF! Pay em all the heck more. Maybe that will work?!?!?!?

Facing the best rush offense in the nation and being handicapped due to injuries/grades/flu and having people miss tackles is never a recipe for success.

I know it's not often that we can compliment Mack, but his bowl game approach this year seemed very well planned and executed.

Curly Bill
2/28/2008, 02:54 PM

Is that enough or are you BV haters going to stand by the argumentum ad ignorantiam fallacy a little bit more.

Interest or offers? ...there's a big difference.

shaun4411
2/28/2008, 03:13 PM
$5 for winning the conference championship. brand new corvette for winning a bowl game. and an orgy for winning a bcs game.

snp
2/28/2008, 05:23 PM
Interest or offers? ...there's a big difference.

Both, kinda. A plane from Arkansas was in Norman the day Petrino accepted the job. BV was going to fly back for his final interview and everything points that he was their second choice at that time.

And if smaller schools are interested in him, but he declines to be interviewed at say, Ball State, then we never hear a word about it. And then you assume no body wants him which is wrong.

He'd also be the second or third youngest coach in the NCAA if he took a job at this moment. Not that bad that he's already getting consideration at this young age.

Curly Bill
2/28/2008, 06:03 PM
He'd also be the second or third youngest coach in the NCAA if he took a job at this moment. Not that bad that he's already getting consideration at this young age.

Oh how I hope it works out for him. I mean, I really, really, really hope it works out for him.

The VIIIth
2/28/2008, 09:05 PM

BOOMER

Dude! What did you do to get your rep nuked that god awful burnt orange color?

opksooner
2/29/2008, 12:18 AM
"Win your next bowl game or......get your things together and GET OUT!"

I kid, I kid :D

DangTire
2/29/2008, 03:13 PM
BV might not ever get another good D1 offer...well not if any of those ADs read this board

Or can break down game film...

DangTire
2/29/2008, 03:19 PM
Oh how I hope it works out for him. I mean, I really, really, really hope it works out for him.

The only thing that worries me more is what if Bob promotes BJW to be the new D-coordinator when BV finally (read maybe) gets his own gig. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. If there's any validity to that idiot pushing a player at the bowl game it's gonna look like the ghost of Boo has returned to haunt us all.

DangTire
3/1/2008, 07:55 PM
Facing the best rush offense in the nation and being handicapped due to injuries/grades/flu and having people miss tackles is never a recipe for success.

Neither is losing your head coach in a spectacularly low class fashion while coming off blowing a chance to go to the NC game and then spending the next month listening to how you have no shot at winning and practicing under a guy that you know nothing about as a head coach. Blow smoke and pump sunshine all you want, both teams were handicapped in one way or another you're just making excuses for mediocrity. OU responded to adversity by panicking and playing half-A defense with zero fundamentals and lackluster predictable offense. WV decided to perform despite its setbacks and rammed the ball down their throats for 4 quarters and won it running away.

Dano7198
5/4/2008, 09:40 AM
Neither is losing your head coach in a spectacularly low class fashion while coming off blowing a chance to go to the NC game and then spending the next month listening to how you have no shot at winning and practicing under a guy that you know nothing about as a head coach. Blow smoke and pump sunshine all you want, both teams were handicapped in one way or another you're just making excuses for mediocrity. OU responded to adversity by panicking and playing half-A defense with zero fundamentals and lackluster predictable offense. WV decided to perform despite its setbacks and rammed the ball down their throats for 4 quarters and won it running away.

what an ugly truth....

Dano7198
5/4/2008, 09:42 AM

HA !!! I Love it !!!!

Dan Thompson
5/4/2008, 02:48 PM
Maybe the University should up his Bowl win bonus.

goingoneight
5/4/2008, 09:06 PM

I'm still trying to understand why everyone here thinks Bill Stewart was just some idiot message board coach. All coordinators and position coaches remained intact with absolutely no guarantees where they would go. That entire team and coaching staff was playing for their future. There's a lot of you guys who didn't want to just lay down and surrender an asswhoopin. They ran the exact same offense they always do, and beat what was left of our team into the ground.
Rodriguez left... boo frickin' hoo. Lots of coaches can bail or miss a few games and the remaining staff continues to run their current system. I point to Larry Coker... he was promoted and thought to be some brilliant mastermind until the talent level and discipline faded and they went from a 34-game winning streak and three consecutive BCS bowls to 6-6 seasons and thumpings at the hands of :les:. An interim coach wears a headset and manages the game with the talent and coaches he has on site. In a few years, WVU could totally suck... it may be Stewart's mess, but don't act like Rodriguez left WVU's scout team to get thumped. They got ****ed about their coach leaving and all of the negative criticism directed toward them. They went in with no injuries and played with the motive to prove themselves. Meanwhile, OUr players were sick, skipping classes, playing with the idea of early draft entry, stealing coats and getting injured. Literally add insult to injury, what we put on the field didn't look to give a ****. Don't believe me? go to Hulu and watch the game all over again... tell me how fired up OUr team looked at any point in the game.

bonkuba
5/4/2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe the University should up his Bowl win bonus.

I hate to say it but I blew Diet Coke on the screen after reading that!!!! How sad it is....but true. BUT.....I am still going to go the bowl games....just please not another Fiesta.....the ticker cant take three losses :D :D :D

snp
5/4/2008, 10:23 PM
How the hell did this awful thread get brought up again.

Like any of us know how the locker room environment was for the players. I don't pretend to know that.

Stating facts about our lack of players isn't blowing smoke or pumping sunshine - it's true.

OU fans tend to be way too arrogant and forget how good West Virginia was last year. You'd imagine we could appreciate how good the option offense can be.

goingoneight
5/4/2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah... no ****, right? It only won us three National Championships and all.

Once again... how many bowl games has Pat White and Co. lost?