PDA

View Full Version : ASK CFN 2/15

Collier11
2/21/2008, 02:49 PM
Someone makes sense finally in defense of OU...Why are some fans so idiotic, that is the question the guy should have asked!

Stoops is a good regular season coach, but why can't he ever win a bowl game? Is he over paid? – JS

A: I continue to get angry e-mails about Bob Stoops meaning the message isn’t getting through. It’s not like I’m friends with the guy or anything, and he hardly needs me to stand up for him, but he’s become the example of what unrealistic expectations can bring.

Over the past eight years, no one, and this includes LSU and USC, has the résumé Oklahoma has. 2000 season: national championship. 2001, 11-2 with a Cotton Bowl win. 2002, a Big 12 title with a Rose Bowl win over Washington State. 2003, a loss to LSU in the national championship. 2004, a Big 12 title with a loss to USC in the national championship. 2005, Holiday Bowl win over a 10-1 Oregon team that thought it should be in the BCS. 2006, Big 12 title with a Fiesta Bowl loss to Boise State. 2007, Big 12 title with a Fiesta Bowl loss to West Virginia. 91-17, five Big 12 championships, one national title, and appearances in two other championship games. I think the program lost its badass mojo once Mike Stoops left for Arizona, but remember, USC hasn’t won a national title since Norm Chow took off and no one’s calling for Pete Carroll’s head.

RedstickSooner
2/21/2008, 04:08 PM
Huh.

I begrudgingly admit, he has a point when you put it that way.

boomersooner28
2/21/2008, 05:12 PM
Wow. That sounds so pretty. We are sooooo damn spoiled. :pop:

walkoffsooner
2/21/2008, 05:16 PM
As long as we are getting there and have a chance.

BoulderSooner79
2/21/2008, 05:44 PM
I think Stoop's pay is independent of the future win and loss total. I mean the guy is competitive and will win as many as he can regardless of pay. The big contract is designed to keep him on the OU sideline instead of some place else.

oupride
2/21/2008, 06:48 PM
I think Stoop's pay is independent of the future win and loss total. I mean the guy is competitive and will win as many as he can regardless of pay. The big contract is designed to keep him on the OU sideline instead of some place else.
I agree with this. C'mon, outsiders were telling us in 2002 that he was leaving to coach the Dallas Cowboys. And WHY not put a POSITIVE spin on this saying of the last 4 BCS games, 2 were playing for the NC!

Curly Bill
2/21/2008, 07:07 PM
I think the program lost its badass mojo once Mike Stoops left for Arizona

I liked this part the best...

...and yes, I think there's a lot of truth in it.

Jacie
2/21/2008, 09:58 PM
Here's more: Over the last five seasons, OU is one of nine teams to record 50 or more wins. Only USC, Boise St. and LSU have more wins than the Sooners since 2003.

Big Red Ron
2/21/2008, 10:17 PM
USC hasn’t won a national title since Norm Chow took off and no one’s calling for Pete Carroll’s head.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winna!