PDA

View Full Version : Carl Albet's David Oku or Mike Gaddis

SOONER STEAKER
2/21/2008, 12:27 PM
David Oku from Carl Albert HS is being recruited from coast to coast by college coaches. Who is the better runner and game breaker: Oku or former Carl Albert and OU standout, Make Gaddis?

I like Gaddis.

BillyBall
2/21/2008, 12:33 PM
David Oku from Carl Albert HS is being recruited from coast to coast by college coaches. Who is the better runner and game breaker: Oku or former Carl Albert and OU standout, Make Gaddis?

I like Gaddis.

How can anyone know the potential of Oku at this point? Great thread...

CU Sooner
2/21/2008, 05:39 PM
Until he does something in college it will be Gaddis. If not for a blown knee against uterus Gaddis may have had 2000 yds and a heisman.

Curly Bill
2/21/2008, 05:45 PM
Gaddis was the real freakin deal. Oku...?

stoopified
2/21/2008, 08:23 PM
Until he does something in college it will be Gaddis. If not for a blown knee against uterus Gaddis may have had 2000 yds and a heisman.
Sad but true.I still can't watch THE CUT without wanting to cry.

Big Red Ron
2/21/2008, 08:45 PM
Oku who?

mikeelikee
2/21/2008, 08:45 PM
I was at that OU/UT game in 1989 when he blew out his knee on his first carry of the second half. He had 120 yards in the first half, and he tore his ACL 10 yards into their secondary, cutting to make the safety miss on what looked like it was going to be a 70-yard touchdown run. I think had he stayed healthy and finished that game, not only would we have won it, but I believe he might have run for 300 yards.

bluedogok
2/21/2008, 10:16 PM
That was not a fun game, to see him go down like that. Especially after seeing Holieway and others have the same thing happen. I have seen it in person too many times.

sooneron
2/22/2008, 08:25 AM
I was at that game, it sucked. Mike was the real deal. I have no idea about Oku.

mikeelikee
2/22/2008, 10:35 AM
It really did suck. We were sitting right behind the endzone on the OU side, very close to the tunnel. I had a perfect view of that fateful last play for Gaddis, and it was obviously to me that if he had juked their safety, he was going to score on a long-distance touchdown. When he went down, not even being touched, it seemed to let all the air out of us. We lost, 28-24. Ike Lewis did his best, but Gaddis was a difference-maker.

sooneron
2/22/2008, 10:42 AM
It really did suck. We were sitting right behind the endzone on the OU side, very close to the tunnel. I had a perfect view of that fateful last play for Gaddis, and it was obviously to me that if he had juked their safety, he was going to score on a long-distance touchdown. When he went down, not even being touched, it seemed to let all the air out of us. We lost, 28-24. Ike Lewis did his best, but Gaddis was a difference-maker.
It sucked worst for me. I was in the UTerus endzone!:mad:

That moment was like a flashback to the same thing happening to Jamelle on that crappy field.

Flagstaffsooner
2/22/2008, 12:17 PM
Ya gotta love a guy whose name is the last three sylables of our fight song.

OUmillenium
2/22/2008, 12:18 PM
Jamelle did it at Owen field v. OSU.

Back in the early VCR days, Gaddis was my all-time favorite OU running back. I remember him having a tremendous day at OSU but the media was riding the Barry Sanders hype machine.

OUDoc
2/22/2008, 03:46 PM
I remember walking out of the final in a class at OU, seeing Mike Gaddis taking the test and thinking, "Wow, Mike Gaddis was in this class?" Those were different times at OU.
He was a stud though.

KingDavid
2/22/2008, 09:49 PM
Sad but true.I still can't watch THE CUT without wanting to cry.

You've learned how to hold back the tears then?

I guess there's hope for me to be able to get over it at some point, then. Thanks.;)

KingDavid
2/22/2008, 09:52 PM
Ya gotta love a guy whose name is the last three sylables of our fight song.

Gaddis is two syllables and doesn't sound or look anything at all like O-K-U, Flagstaff.

C'mon, man. Get with it.;)

bluedogok
2/24/2008, 10:53 PM
Jamelle did it at Owen field v. OSU.
I know, I was sitting in Section 4 when that and Aikman and CT's broken leg happened. I am just saying there was a period there where it seemed like there was a rash of injuries and I saw too many of them.