PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones

NewAZTiger
2/20/2008, 06:23 PM
Julio Testified today in Alabama on a murder trial while wearing Sooners gear (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/02/20/jones.murder.ap/index.html).

TheUnnamedSooner
2/20/2008, 06:30 PM
Interesting.

Widescreen
2/20/2008, 08:22 PM
So you're saying we've got a chance.

I hear ya.

birddog
2/20/2008, 08:35 PM
well, i'm pretty sure his heart was set on ou but the pressure to stay in bama etc, was too much.

he went with the safe choice.

bstuff1979
2/20/2008, 08:54 PM
I just hope that Kelvin, or more importantly, someone w/ the university, didn't give him that sweatshirt. A Nike OU sweatshirt runs at least $60-$70 doesn't it? I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's also a Florida and a Bama sweatshirt in his closet along with any other school that he visited.

effay
2/21/2008, 12:18 AM
Hah! Have fun catching J. P. Wilson passes next year Julio!

Boomer.....
2/21/2008, 08:17 AM
I just hope that Kelvin, or more importantly, someone w/ the university, didn't give him that sweatshirt. A Nike OU sweatshirt runs at least $60-$70 doesn't it? I'm gonna go ahead and say that there's also a Florida and a Bama sweatshirt in his closet along with any other school that he visited.
Kelvin? :confused:

Theskipster
2/21/2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.theskipster.com/images/julio.jpg

bstuff1979
2/21/2008, 09:58 AM
Kelvin? :confused:

Sorry, the "Kelvin Sampson Bandwagon of Pain and Regret" was just too tempting. Does it matter that he coaches/coached basketball and not football? Not in the football off-season. Anything is permissible so long as it keeps one entertained until the Red/White game and then through the summer. I'm a Cubs fan, so there's nothing...NOTHING...until August (w/ the exception of March).

bstuff1979
2/21/2008, 10:17 AM
By the way, what's with the Ebay ad for orange aggie gear on the Soonerfans.com homepage? Orange is one of my favorite colors (as long as it's not October. Orange can die in a fire in October) and those guys keep trying to ruin it for me.

starrca23
2/21/2008, 10:40 AM
Interesting...he would have a good reason for wanting to get out of the state now.

tommieharris91
2/21/2008, 11:11 AM
:stunned: hes jsut a big, clasles thugg!!1! no wonndur he goz ta uo!! :stunned:

Crimsontothecore
2/21/2008, 11:27 AM
One could speculate that, given the circumstances (sitting in a courtroom during a murder trial), the outfit wasn't by chance. I mean, bama wouldn't want THEIR shirt displayed in such a scenario would they?

JLEW1818
2/21/2008, 11:49 AM
Looks like a trouble maker!

mxATVracer10
2/21/2008, 01:17 PM
It appears to be an Under Armor sweatshirt, so we're in the clear since OU is with Nike :texan:

SOONER STEAKER
2/21/2008, 01:37 PM
In case Julio has to enter the witness protection plan, he should call Michael Jackson and die his skin white and enroll at OU. He'll have to shave the head and go to Bosley's hair for men for a full restoration of blonde locks.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/21/2008, 02:13 PM
It appears to be an Under Armor sweatshirt, so we're in the clear since OU is with Nike :texan:

Glad he thought enough of the court to dress appropriately...

bstuff1979
2/21/2008, 02:27 PM
In case Julio has to enter the witness protection plan, he should call Michael Jackson and die his skin white and enroll at OU. He'll have to shave the head and go to Bosley's hair for men for a full restoration of blonde locks.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/juliodisguise.jpg

shaun4411
2/21/2008, 04:07 PM
why would he wear an ou sweatshirt in public? thats like shaquille oneal wearing a detroit pistons tshirt

Whet
2/21/2008, 04:24 PM
Question is: was he a witness for the defense or prosecutor? And, what role did he play in this whole mess?

Sabanball
2/21/2008, 05:23 PM
I figured this would spark some controversy, but I really think you all are reading too much into this. With all the time that he has spent around your program and in your area, there's no telling how much OU clothing and paraphenalia that he has. I doubt he meant anything by it. You guys are a top program in the country, and garner a lot of respect and adoration in these parts. Here in NE Alabama, I see people wearing OU hats and shirts all the time. Take it as a sign of respect...

Boomer.....
2/21/2008, 05:58 PM
Normally a fan or player for that matter wouldn't wear apparel from another school. I don't think anyone thinks that he is going to somehow come to OU. It is just odd that he is still wearing the clothes.

KantoSooner
2/21/2008, 07:31 PM
Ever consider that maybe the shirt felt good or, for other non-football reasons, was his favorite?
Still, as an ex-attorney, when you go to court, you wear a dam suit and tie.

All_Day_28
2/22/2008, 12:21 AM
attorneys, along with bra burning women and a few other things, are ruining this country. The guy was NOT on trial he can wear whatever he wants in court!

NO OFFENSE TO ANY ATTORNEYS OR BRA BURNERS

A Sooner in Texas
2/22/2008, 12:28 AM
It's also possible he couldn't afford a suit and tie, and the athletic clothes are all he has in his wardrobe. Maybe he wears Alabama one day, OU another, etc. etc.
There's no deep meaning here in my opinion.

goingoneight
2/22/2008, 01:26 AM
Ever consider that maybe the shirt felt good or, for other non-football reasons, was his favorite?
Still, as an ex-attorney, when you go to court, you wear a dam suit and tie.

Tell that to the dood in drag last time I had jury duty. I got selected for a trial, so I don't know if he/she continued to "dress" up lie that after Tuesday.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/22/2008, 01:44 AM
as an ex-attorney

Ex-counselor, I do believe you've invalidated your own argument. That must take some serious legal wranglin'!

Congratulations!

(I keed, I keed...)

Do any of you really think his wardrobe has any deeper meaning than that was one of the first things available in his closet to wear?

Really. (O'rly! Srsly!)

Not sayin' any of you have taken that stance, but if you do take it (dear lurking reader) there's this old phrase about a box of rocks and intelligence that might just apply to you.

KantoSooner
2/22/2008, 03:48 AM
Not so hard: I hated law school from day one, kept at it 'til graduation. It not having gotten better, I went and got a (non-legal) job I liked.

And you can wear anything you like to court. In the off chance the judge has anything to do with you, though, some do really care about 'proper' attire. My theory is that, in terms of court rooms, I want in and out, quick, with my goals achieved. And the judge can make that longer or shorter. So I will do what I can to make the man in the black robe happy. (And that is about 50% of second year 'Trial Practice'. I saved you mucho dinero.)

Theskipster
2/22/2008, 08:11 AM
Why can't the kid just be a Sooner fan as well as a Bama fan?

sooneron
2/22/2008, 08:18 AM
YOu would think that in bammer, if he wanted to get any respect from the jury, he would have worn tide gear. At least he wasn't wearing a hat, THAT would be wrong in court.
I seriously doubt he has a lot of nice clothes to wear and his wardrobe is largely made up of sports swag.

CincySooner
2/22/2008, 10:17 AM
Question is: was he a witness for the defense or prosecutor? And, what role did he play in this whole mess?

I believe he was a witness for the prosecution.

OUmillenium
2/22/2008, 12:23 PM
One could speculate that, given the circumstances (sitting in a courtroom during a murder trial), the outfit wasn't by chance. I mean, bama wouldn't want THEIR shirt displayed in such a scenario would they?

That's what I was thinking...

Whet
2/22/2008, 03:09 PM
Has the trial ended? If so, what happened? Is Julio a marked man for testifying?

meoveryouxinfinity
2/23/2008, 11:20 AM
maybe he thought the judge would be impressed and the OU shirt would make him look more educated. ;)

batonrougesooner
2/24/2008, 09:34 AM
I can never decide which hoody to wear when I'm going to court.

Rogue
2/25/2008, 06:13 AM
Article says he was a witness for the prosecution.

okiediva
2/25/2008, 08:35 AM
He also had a Bama shirt underneath the OU hoodie..go figure.