PDA

View Full Version : The Sooners "cheated" to win the game last night

Sooner98
2/20/2008, 02:20 PM
http://www.dfnsports.com/big12/2008/02/20/oklahoma-92-baylor-91-bears-drops-awfully-officiated-game-to-sooners-falls-by-one-in-ot/

Boomer.....
2/20/2008, 02:23 PM
First, there was the off-the-backboard slam dunk on a breakaway steal.

Then, there was the “skirmish” where OU’s star forward put Mark Shepherd in a full-nelson choke hold before Shepherd reacted by throwing an elbow in the direction of Blake Griffin – only to result in two BU players being ejected and just one Sooner, an assistant coach, being tossed from the game.

And last but not least, there was Capel – urging his home crowd to stand and continue applauding after an opposing player’s miss at the free throw line with one more still to come, something I had never seen happen in NCAA basketball until tonight in Norman.

How is any of this cheating? A dunk? BG just laying on top of someone (not a choke hold) and taking an elbow to the face? A coach trying to pump up an already crazy crowd so that they can win a game?

Stupid article.

birddog
2/20/2008, 02:24 PM
full nelson choke hold. heh.

and here i was hoping he was going to put the old camel clutch on the guy.

crawfish
2/20/2008, 02:28 PM
That's gotta be a joke.

And last but not least, there was Capel – urging his home crowd to stand and continue applauding after an opposing player’s miss at the free throw line with one more still to come, something I had never seen happen in NCAA basketball until tonight in Norman.

I take it he's never been to a basketball game before?

tommieharris91
2/20/2008, 02:29 PM
ROFL. MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!!!

tommieharris91
2/20/2008, 02:30 PM

Scott Drew during an OU player's FT: BOX OUT!! BOX OUT!! BOX OUT!!

CincySooner
2/20/2008, 02:41 PM

As if the Bear's home crowd would have sat quietly while they waited to see if their NCAA tournament hopes would stay alive. As for Capel, as long as he's in the coach's box and not dropping his pants or throwing F-bombs he can do whatever the hell he wants.

and from a post linked to that one...

On top of that, I honestly don’t think I have a seen a more one-sided officiated game as called by the Big 12 trio of Steve Welmer, Mark Whitehead and Curtis Shaw.

This guy clearly doesn't watch much basketball.

Have you ever, in your entire life of watching college hoops, seen a teammate showboat by tossing the ball off the glass as an “alley-oop” of sorts to setup a thunderous slam?

yes... you see it all the time in early season cupcake games and exhibition games.

jdsooner
2/20/2008, 02:42 PM
WACO, Texas – The Baylor Bears couldn’t find a way to outmuscle the awful calls and unsportsmanlike play of the Oklahoma Sooners, eventually falling in overtime at the Lloyd Noble Center, 92-91.

Leave no doubt – the Bears were robbed of a road win in this one.

After battling back from awful calls by the officials, unsportsmanlike play by OU and a 10-point halftime deficit, the Bears were ultimately robbed by the trio of men in stripes when it mattered most – in overtime with Baylor up big.

Yet somehow, Oklahoma walked off the court on Tuesday night with a W.

Albeit cheating, the Sooners came out on top in a one-point heartbreaking, irritating, nerve racking, throw everything-but-the-dog-at-the-TV evening.

I guess Blake Griffin had a choke hold on Jerrells when he missed the last two free throws.:cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2008, 02:45 PM
Stoops the Eternal Pimp Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

February 20th, 2008 at 2:44 pm
Full nelson choke hold? Thats pretty hard to do since a full nelson takes both arms to apply. What did he choke him with?

Of course, you guys are used to Baylor basketball players taking out their aggression on each other.

OUSKINS
2/20/2008, 02:58 PM
Of course, you guys are used to Baylor basketball players taking out their aggression on each other.

Oh, snap!

OUSKINS
2/20/2008, 02:59 PM
Only a Baylor fan would blame the refs for costing them a game when they had a call go THEIR way with 1 second left on the clock. Grab your sack and accept your loss. Geesh.

Boomer.....
2/20/2008, 03:07 PM
He also has another post whining about the officiating and "cheating".

http://www.dfnsports.com/big12/2008/02/20/sports-addict-the-real-reason-ou-beat-bu-in-norman-is-due-to-awful-officiating-and-straight-up-cheating%e2%80%a6/

OUSKINS
2/20/2008, 03:45 PM
I just had to blog about this blog....check it out....click my sig! :)

Youngsooner
2/20/2008, 03:48 PM
Oh man this guy sounds like an aggie!

Uhm had they made the two free throws they were given do you think that article would be there?

Ash
2/20/2008, 03:50 PM
:cry:

Too funny.

Boomer.....
2/20/2008, 03:50 PM
I just had to blog about this blog....check it out....click my sig! :)
Very nice!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2008, 03:51 PM
my comment is still awaiting moderation

cheezyq
2/20/2008, 04:35 PM
Stupid article.

Unfortunately, you can't give it credit as an article. It's a blog entry by a poor sport who knows nothing about basketball...or any sport for that matter.

cheezyq
2/20/2008, 04:41 PM
You have never in your life seen a coach urge the crowd to get loud? I guess there is no reason for this in Waco seeing that they are usually on the *** end of an *** kicking.

Nice.

Rhino
2/20/2008, 04:57 PM
http://www3.baylor.edu/%7EAmanda_Sturgill/Classes/Projects/Webbios/Art/Mugs/Denton.jpg

Sooner98
2/20/2008, 06:08 PM
He also has another post whining about the officiating and "cheating".

http://www.dfnsports.com/big12/2008/02/20/sports-addict-the-real-reason-ou-beat-bu-in-norman-is-due-to-awful-officiating-and-straight-up-cheating%e2%80%a6/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

SleestakSooner
2/20/2008, 06:46 PM
What a complete ignoramous and cry baby..

my reply...

The writer of this article should never be allowed to write again. If you defend this type of writing on your site then don’t expect to have many people visiting, except perhaps complete Baylor Bear homers.
The only reason I came here was to witness this travesty first hand. Is this how you encourage your stringers to contribute? Try finding someone with a basketball IQ higher than the BU fouls per game.

princetonsooner
2/20/2008, 07:43 PM
This writer must not watch much basketball!! Or perhaps he can not see the games clearly through his tears. What are these whining Bears doing in the BIG12 anyway? Aren't they better suited for the Mt. West?

sooner_born_1960
2/20/2008, 08:20 PM
It is impossible to choke someone with a full-nelson.

bri
2/20/2008, 09:45 PM

Well, he is Baylor fan. He was probably afraid of stray fire for a few years.

Sooner_Bob
2/20/2008, 09:53 PM
So Blake had that dude in a choke? Looked like he was just laying on top of him and took his time getting off to me.