PDA

View Full Version : How many games do the Sooners need to win to make the tournament?

SoonerFah
2/20/2008, 12:42 PM
Anyone have a good guess on this?

Boomer.....
2/20/2008, 12:43 PM
We are in a good position now. Win the games we are supposed to win and we should be fine.

tommieharris91
2/20/2008, 01:21 PM
3 including the B12T.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/20/2008, 01:31 PM
at the first of the year I thought 10-6 in the league would be a lock...i still do think its a lock but not likely that OU finishes there...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/20/2008, 02:03 PM
Anyone have a good guess on this?

I think 8-8 in the league gets us in.

Even 7-9 might get us in if we won 3 games in the Big 12 tourney...possibly just 2 if one of the wins was someone like KU.

Most years I think it would take 9-7 minimum or possibly even 10-6 but the Big 12 is real strong this year and we are getting consideration that was usually reserved for the ACC in the past.

Beat MU at home and either beat A&M at home OR Neb in Lincoln and we are in. Anything more simply improves our seed.

crawfish
2/20/2008, 02:19 PM
2. Anything more than that is for seeding.

I think we beat Nebraska, A&M, OSU and Missouri plus one in the tournament to secure a 7 seed.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/20/2008, 03:11 PM
2. Anything more than that is for seeding.

I think we beat Nebraska, A&M, OSU and Missouri plus one in the tournament to secure a 7 seed.
I wouldn't say the two road games (excluding Texas) are gimmes; after all, we thought Colorado would be a gimme game.
After the CU game, I thought at least a 6-2 regular season finish along with one win in the Big XII tourney would be enough. We're already halfway there.

toast
2/20/2008, 04:02 PM
I would feel a lot better at 9-7 in conference than at 8-8, which would mean 3 more wins. Hopefully, we can get 4th in the conference and lock up a first round bye in the conf tourney. That statement is something I had practically written off after the cu game. The next few weeks should be really interesting.

OKLA21FAN
2/20/2008, 04:04 PM
all of them

just to be sure :pop:

OUSKINS
2/20/2008, 04:10 PM
I am pretty sure we will lose to Texas and I am pretty sure we will beat Mizzou.

That's 1-1.

The reamaining three games could go either way. We need 1 of them for sure, but 2 to be a lock:

At NU
A+M
At OSU

All three games worry me for different reasons:

--Nebraska is on a Wed. night in Lincoln, after a trip to Austin. Has all the makings of a "blah" game from the Sooners. Clearly, we're the better team, but that is definitely a game we could blow if we're sluggish.

--A+M matches up well with us because we can't dominate them on the inside. The Aggies turn most of their games into half-court affairs, and we're much better with a more free-flowing game. I'd give us a slight edge going into that game, but it's close.

--Obviously, always tough for anyone in Stillwater, especially the Sooners.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/20/2008, 04:17 PM
I am pretty sure we will lose to Texas and I am pretty sure we will beat Mizzou.

That's 1-1.

The reamaining three games could go either way. We need 1 of them for sure, but 2 to be a lock:

At NU
A+M
At OSU

All three games worry me for different reasons:

--Nebraska is on a Wed. night in Lincoln, after a trip to Austin. Has all the makings of a "blah" game from the Sooners. Clearly, we're the better team, but that is definitely a game we could blow if we're sluggish.

--A+M matches up well with us because we can't dominate them on the inside. The Aggies turn most of their games into half-court affairs, and we're much better with a more free-flowing game. I'd give us a slight edge going into that game, but it's close.

--Obviously, always tough for anyone in Stillwater, especially the Sooners.
Honestly, I'm more afraid of going to Lincoln than I am going to Stillwater. At least we know what to expect at OSU; but who knows which OU team and which NU team is going to show up in Lincoln.

Youngsooner
2/20/2008, 04:20 PM
what if we pulled a miracle out of our *** and upset texas? ah man here's to hope!

AllAboutThe'O'
2/20/2008, 04:22 PM
what if we pulled a miracle out of our *** and upset texas? ah man here's to hope!
Yeah, I would love to rally from 7 down in OT and Godbold hitting a 35-footer at the buzzer to beat them jokers.

NormanPride
2/20/2008, 04:33 PM
Well, we beat texas and we're pretty much in unless we tank the rest of the season.

crawfish
2/20/2008, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't say the two road games (excluding Texas) are gimmes; after all, we thought Colorado would be a gimme game.
After the CU game, I thought at least a 6-2 regular season finish along with one win in the Big XII tourney would be enough. We're already halfway there.

I didn't say they were gimmees. I just think we'll win 'em. Our team doesn't do ANYTHING easy. :(

With everybody relatively healthy we're a solid team. We aren't deep enough to lose a player, though - especially in the middle. Someone goes down to injury and all bets are off.

OUSKINS
2/25/2008, 08:49 AM
At this point, I think it's pretty simple.

Over the next 4...

--Win 4, and not only are we in, but we get a BYE in the B12 tourney and are probably looking at fairly high seed in the Big Dance.

--Win 3, and we are definitely in the tourney regardless of what happens. Probably in the 6-10 seed range depending on circumstance.

--Win 2, and we're right on the bubble entering the B12 tourney. I think we'd be in with one conference tourney win, but we'd probably need 2 to rest easy.

--Win 1, and we would AT LEAST need to make it to the B12 title game. And we may very well need to win that.

--Win 0, and obviously, we'd have to win the B12 to get in.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/25/2008, 10:49 AM
At this point, I think it's pretty simple.

Over the next 4...

--Win 4, and not only are we in, but we get a BYE in the B12 tourney and are probably looking at fairly high seed in the Big Dance.

--Win 3, and we are definitely in the tourney regardless of what happens. Probably in the 6-10 seed range depending on circumstance.

--Win 2, and we're right on the bubble entering the B12 tourney. I think we'd be in with one conference tourney win, but we'd probably need 2 to rest easy.

--Win 1, and we would AT LEAST need to make it to the B12 title game. And we may very well need to win that.

--Win 0, and obviously, we'd have to win the B12 to get in.

I'm slightly more optimisitic of our chances if we win 2. I think if we win 2 we are more likely to make the tourney than not even if we lost our first Big 12 tourney game but I think even just one win..even in a 5-12 game would put us in as a 10-11 seed.

Also I think if we win 3 we will probably get a bye in the Big 12 tourney. That is unless Baylor wins out which is possible.

meoveryouxinfinity
2/25/2008, 11:51 AM
lol if we just beat KU we can claim the title and rush on to the court with all of our students and players celebrating in jubilation.