PDA

View Full Version : Winter Weather

Mjcpr
2/20/2008, 09:58 AM
They said on the radio this morning to expect 4/10" (they must've gotten a LOT better at predicting lately) of freezing rain to be followed by 1/2" of sleet beginning tonight and through Friday morning.

Has anyone heard if this is supposed to be anything like the December ice storm or what? If it is, I'm moving.

Is OKC getting this too or are we just the lucky ones? :rolleyes:

Hot Rod
2/20/2008, 10:04 AM
I think their predictions are only 9/16 correct.

frankensooner
2/20/2008, 10:06 AM
They said last night that we are only getting a smattering. I guess if you like snow, Tulsa>OKC.

rufnek05
2/20/2008, 10:55 AM
like lewis black said: weather might as well be chimps throwing darts at a board with numbers on it.

SoonerStormchaser
2/20/2008, 11:08 AM
Well, they were predicting doom and gloom last weekend...and look how that turned out. What royally ****es me off is that the wife is coming down here tomorrow for my grajiashun on Friday from Nav school and there's a chance she's gonna get screwed cause she's flying American. Last weekend's storm= nothing...but that didn't stop American from canceling all their flights in and out of OKC that day. So I can only worry and wonder what they're gonna do tomorrow. ****ers!

JohnnyMack
2/20/2008, 11:13 AM
I started a snarky thread about the last ice storm before it got here, I'm keeping my mouth shut until this one passes by.

Position Limit
2/20/2008, 11:14 AM
this weather blows. i cant take it anymore. i board a plane in a few days for sunny san diego and i'm happy as a clam. what is there to do when the weather is like this? and i know predicting weather is not the easiest thing to do, but come on. these guys have been way off.

JohnnyMack
2/20/2008, 11:23 AM
The older I get the more I understand why people move to Florida and/or Phoenix. I'm not to that point yet, but I understand it.