PDA

View Full Version : 15 most annoying video game characters

Widescreen
2/19/2008, 06:43 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_15902_15-most-annoying-video-game-characters-from-otherwise-great-games.html

#12. Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 4 sends you off to rescue Ashley, the president's daughter. Once you find her, keeping her alive becomes a tedious, full-time job for the rest of the game.

Why she annoyed us:
When will game developers learn that no one enjoys protecting the weak and defenseless? Or even worse, controlling them?

Like Resident Evil 2's Sherry Birkin before her, Ashley's special abilities include being difficult, slowing you down, and making the game less fun. It gets to the point that when Ashley gets recaptured, it's like a weight has been lifted. You can go back to slaughtering mutated Spanish villagers unencumbered. The whole second half of the game revolves around saving Ashley from a parasite implanted in her body that would turn her into an inhuman horror. How many of us were hoping the parasite would take over so we would have an excuse to bombard her with incendiary grenades?
Heh.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/19/2008, 06:53 PM
1.The Dog from Duck Hunt

It's a hunting dog who is proficient in retrieving ducks and laughing at you.

Why he annoyed us:
This dog, despite not even having a name, has truly earned his title as the single most hated character in video game history. For millions of kids, he was the very first video game character they ever saw, and it was their very first experience with having an inanimate computer mock their failure.

You could shoot a hundred ducks in a row, but as soon as you miss one, this mother****er would be laughing at you like you **** your pants. This canine is not man's best friend. To him, you're his bitch, to be mocked for his enjoyment. If real dogs did this, they'd be extinct by now. Mankind would have made sure of it.

These same people, who cried watching Old Yeller as a kid, found themselves shooting mercilessly at this animated, snickering dog, to no avail. So congratulations, Laughing Duck Hunt Dog. You were the first landmark annoying video game character, and for two decades you have held tightly onto that crown.

I have always hated that dog.

Vaevictis
2/19/2008, 06:57 PM
Absolutely. They're right. That bastard is #1, and if I had my way, I'd haul his *** to the Korean side of town and let him fight his way back out again.

bri
2/19/2008, 06:59 PM
If I could, I'd empty the clip in that f*cking dog's head and then throw the gun at him. That dog should die in a fire.

soonerscuba
2/19/2008, 07:00 PM
Poison head crabs are #1 in my book, followed closely by the boat in Windwaker. The boat itself isn't that bad, the 15 hours one spends in it traveling from one island to another sucks, and the fishing gets old quick.

StoopTroup
2/19/2008, 07:35 PM
Around level 30+ in the original DOOM....

The screams and satanic moaning started to creep me out...

SoonerStormchaser
2/19/2008, 07:57 PM
Navi from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

In Ocarina of Time, Navi is Link's fairy companion on his quest to save Hyrule. She shows how much she cares for Link by constantly pestering him like a nagging, clingy spouse.

Why she annoyed us:
Anyone who has ever played this game should remember constantly hearing a tiny little voice saying:

"Hey!...Hey!...Listen!...Hey!...Watch out!...Hey!..."

SHUT THE **** UP! I'm trying to have an adventure here. God damn.

THANK YOU!!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
2/19/2008, 07:58 PM
Tingle from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

This eccentric little man sells you maps, making it easier to find your way through the world. Oh, and he wears a spandex fairy costume.

Why he annoyed us:
Yes, the Zelda series makes its second appearance. Are we being too hard on Nintendo on this list? It's no coincidence; they have a terrible habit of including characters and themes in their games that are cringe-worthy for anyone over the age of 12... yet the same games are also some of the best ever made and impossible to resist for a dedicated gamer. It's a cruel, cruel trap.

As for Tingle, we're all for character development in games but it may never be fully understood why this simple map maker had to be fleshed out as a 35 year old weirdo obsessed with fulfilling his fairy fantasy. Sure, as Link we're also wearing green tights, but at least we've got a sword, dammit.

This guy seems to have been genetically bred in a lab as a walking irritant. Everything he does rubs us the wrong way (Tingle ends every single convesation with the magic words "Kooloo-Limpah") and there's no avoiding him, because he's got the maps. What's worse, Nintendo continued to bring him back in future installments of the series.

It is a cruel irony that we could barely make it down one hallway of Goldeneye without accidentally killing Natalya, yet no amount of vicious blows by Link's sword will bring down Tingle. He's lucky, too, because as soon a we had that last map we'd put his head on a pike.

bri
2/19/2008, 08:12 PM
If we promise to click the link and read the article, will you stop cutting and pasting each one?

VeeJay
2/19/2008, 08:47 PM
Tingle from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

This eccentric little man sells you maps, making it easier to find your way through the world. Oh, and he wears a spandex fairy costume.

Why he annoyed us:
Yes, the Zelda series makes its second appearance. Are we being too hard on Nintendo on this list? It's no coincidence; they have a terrible habit of including characters and themes in their games that are cringe-worthy for anyone over the age of 12... yet the same games are also some of the best ever made and impossible to resist for a dedicated gamer. It's a cruel, cruel trap.

As for Tingle, we're all for character development in games but it may never be fully understood why this simple map maker had to be fleshed out as a 35 year old weirdo obsessed with fulfilling his fairy fantasy. Sure, as Link we're also wearing green tights, but at least we've got a sword, dammit.

This guy seems to have been genetically bred in a lab as a walking irritant. Everything he does rubs us the wrong way (Tingle ends every single convesation with the magic words "Kooloo-Limpah") and there's no avoiding him, because he's got the maps. What's worse, Nintendo continued to bring him back in future installments of the series.

It is a cruel irony that we could barely make it down one hallway of Goldeneye without accidentally killing Natalya, yet no amount of vicious blows by Link's sword will bring down Tingle. He's lucky, too, because as soon a we had that last map we'd put his head on a pike.

You didn't actually make that stuff up, did you?