PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Sampson / Indiana / The NCAA

JohnnyMack
2/18/2008, 04:29 PM
So Kelvin Sampson is once again in trouble because he can't understand the rules regarding the contacting of recruits.

Indiana is investigating it internally and will likely fire Sampson over this and then be forced to report itself to the NCAA.

From what I understand IU is one of the cleanest programs around. No major violations since 1960.

Kelvin Sampson clearly isn't one of the cleanest operators around, having gotten 2 schools in hot water now over what amounts to him not understand what the definition of "is" is.

I wish the NCAA would ban Sampson from its ranks for a period of 1 or 2 years and leave Indiana the hell alone. He's the one who has brought a black eye to Indiana, but now it's IU that's going to have to find another coach and try and rebuild again.

I hope that the NCAA doesn't hit IU hard on this one.

Collier11
2/18/2008, 04:34 PM
So Kelvin Sampson is once again in trouble because he can't understand the rules regarding the contacting of recruits.

Indiana is investigating it internally and will likely fire Sampson over this and then be forced to report itself to the NCAA.

From what I understand IU is one of the cleanest programs around. No major violations since 1960.

Kelvin Sampson clearly isn't one of the cleanest operators around, having gotten 2 schools in hot water now over what amounts to him not understand what the definition of "is" is.

I wish the NCAA would ban Sampson from its ranks for a period of 1 or 2 years and leave Indiana the hell alone. He's the one who has brought a black eye to Indiana, but now it's IU that's going to have to find another coach and try and rebuild again.

I hope that the NCAA doesn't hit IU hard on this one.

I agree! One more thing that is somewhat related that really ****es me off is the way everyone is up Sampsons azz about this but still slobbing on "Hey Knight"! Dont get me wrong, I think Sampson deserves everything he gets and im glad he is gone from OU but you have all these people saying Sampson is an idiot for getting two schools in trouble(which is true) but saying that "in 30 years Bob Knight never had violations, graduated his players, what a great guy" and is so good for it! BS!!!

This guy has been proven time and again that he verbally and physically bullies and abuses his players, secretaries, and coaches and I for one am sick of hearing the media continually shy from criticizing him cus they are cowards.

badger
2/18/2008, 05:42 PM
Hey wait a sec... WE GOT SANCTIONED FOR KS' PROBLEMS!

So what exactly takes IU off the hook for having KS as their coach now? Hmm? UNFAIR. If they sanction OU for having KS as the coach, then dang it, put IU on probation, too.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2008, 05:45 PM
I think the rule should be changed.

I think it should follow the coach more aggressively.

badger
2/18/2008, 05:47 PM

So what exactly takes IU off the hook for having KS as their coach now? Hmm? UNFAIR. If they sanction OU for having KS as the coach, then dang it, put IU on probation, too.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2008, 06:09 PM
:mack:I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!!!

Dio
2/18/2008, 06:59 PM

;)

SleestakSooner
2/18/2008, 08:07 PM

;)

IU = the USC of basketball? :rolleyes:

Jimminy Crimson
2/18/2008, 08:20 PM
Who cares about Indiana? Put 'em on probation. They knowingly hired a coach with a past.

I'd assume KS will be gone, as well ad their AD. They need an NCAA penalty, too.

CtheB
2/18/2008, 09:47 PM
I agree. If you want to put an end to a coach leaving a program amidst scandal or investigation, they will punish Indiana as well here.

mdklatt
2/18/2008, 10:07 PM
Who cares about Indiana? Put 'em on probation. They knowingly hired a coach with a past.

And let him do the exact same thing. Knowing that he got in trouble for illegal calls before, wouldn't you think they would have kept a close eye on that sort of thing? I mean hell, take away the unlimited minutes plan on his phone or something. I guess they thought, "No way he'd try to get away with that again...."

badger
2/18/2008, 10:59 PM
Hey wait a sec... WE GOT SANCTIONED FOR KS' PROBLEMS

shaddap ;)

ouradu
2/18/2008, 11:49 PM
And let him do the exact same thing. Knowing that he got in trouble for illegal calls before, wouldn't you think they would have kept a close eye on that sort of thing? I mean hell, take away the unlimited minutes plan on his phone or something. I guess they thought, "No way he'd try to get away with that again...."
With IU it should be the old 'fool me twice, shame on me' principle. IU should pay worse than we did.

MextheBulldog
2/19/2008, 12:13 AM
Current probability of him getting fired?

badger
2/19/2008, 09:10 AM
Current probability of him getting fired?
Dean Blevins: "Probably a 60/50 chance"