PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa motorcycle wreck a while back?

achiro
2/18/2008, 04:12 PM
Where the guy ran into the back of the tractor-trailer and the truck driver didn't stop. I just got an email with pics from the crash, showing the guy stuck ito the back of the truck, it said he lived but I thought I remembered him being killed in that accident? Can someone clarify? BTW, I did a search and it screwed up again so I'm sorry I started another thread about it.

Boomer.....
2/18/2008, 04:17 PM
I got the same email with pics a while back. I think he did die. (His head was stuck inside the semi for God's sake.)

colleyvillesooner
2/18/2008, 04:17 PM
was it this? NSFW pics inside (dude stuck in a truck, little blood on the ground)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

Fugue
2/18/2008, 04:20 PM
sheesh, sad.

achiro
2/18/2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92722

Found it

Mjcpr
2/18/2008, 04:35 PM
So you saw that second pic from Snopes and you're still wondering?

achiro
2/18/2008, 04:41 PM
So you saw that second pic from Snopes and you're still wondering?
Actually, that second pic on the snopes site wasn't included in the email, the email said "he lived, wear a helmet", and the human body can endure some pretty crazy things so I still wasn't sure. Like I sad though, I thought I remembered that he was killed, and he sure didn't look to be alive in the pics I did see, thats why I asked for clarification.

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 04:45 PM
I've had worse.

Mongo
2/18/2008, 04:46 PM
Actually, that second pic on the snopes site wasn't included in the email, the email said "he lived, wear a helmet", and the human body can endure some pretty crazy things so I still wasn't sure. Like I sad though, I thought I remembered that he was killed, and he sure didn't look to be alive in the pics I did see, thats why I asked for clarification.

sounds like you want a new patient.:D that dude's neck has gotta hurt still

BudSooner
2/18/2008, 09:02 PM
Wtf is that on his arms? Some kind of funky robo arm braces????

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2008, 09:05 PM
Where the guy ran into the back of the tractor-trailer and the truck driver didn't stop. I just got an email with pics from the crash, showing the guy stuck ito the back of the truck, it said he lived but I thought I remembered him being killed in that accident? Can someone clarify? BTW, I did a search and it screwed up again so I'm sorry I started another thread about it.

He died.

When I was down in Tulsa last year my friends and I ran into his girlfriend at Kenosha Station.

Yes, we were at Kenosha Station.

Don't ask.

soonerboomer93
2/19/2008, 12:25 AM
heard he lived, but has one bitchin headache

Jimminy Crimson
2/19/2008, 12:32 AM
Is it too soon to say 'Darwin Award candidate'? :confused:

soonerbrat
2/19/2008, 12:37 AM
He died.

When I was down in Tulsa last year my friends and I ran into his girlfriend at Kenosha Station.

Yes, we were at Kenosha Station.

Don't ask.

you ran into her? poor choice of words.

;)

yermom
2/19/2008, 12:38 AM
i really need a helmet :O

what is Kenosha Station?

GottaHavePride
2/19/2008, 12:40 AM

what is Kenosha Station?

It's where he went to pick up some power converters.

yermom
2/19/2008, 12:43 AM
he could waste time with his friends later, Uncle Owen needed him for the harvest!

Frozen Sooner
2/19/2008, 12:55 AM

what is Kenosha Station?

A horrible beyond belief country bar in Tulsa.

A pregnant woman-like 7 months pregnant-showed me her boobies. I have pictures.

OKC-SLC
2/19/2008, 12:58 AM
A horrible beyond belief country bar in Tulsa.

A pregnant woman-like 7 months pregnant-showed me her boobies. I have pictures.
this post is worthless without pics.

Frozen Sooner
2/19/2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen on this board. However, if you should REALLY want them, I could arrange that. Off board.

yermom
2/19/2008, 01:00 AM
this is what Slick's board is for ;)

Frozen Sooner
2/19/2008, 01:01 AM
Strangely enough, I don't think I've been invited over there.

:shock:

yermom
2/19/2008, 01:01 AM
um, everyone was invited...

Frozen Sooner
2/19/2008, 01:03 AM
Musta missed my invite.

sanantoniosooner
2/19/2008, 01:16 AM
Strangely enough, I don't think I've been invited over there.

:shock:
If an invite is the only thing keeping you away, consider it done. Just don't lurk all the time:D

achiro
2/19/2008, 09:43 AM
um, everyone was invited...
I missed that I guess. What are you people talking about?:(

BigRedJed
2/19/2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah, that's probably not going to happen on this board. However, if you should REALLY want them, I could arrange that. Off board.
Are you going to give him the address to your briefcase?

usmc-sooner
2/19/2008, 10:18 AM
this is what Slick's board is for ;)

that's a pretty cool site. You don't have to worry about ticking people off and getting banned.

I don't really see the big deal, half the people here are on ouinsider, probably half the mod's are paying members. Most of the recruiting stuff here is from rivals or insiders. I don't see why everyone is getting all worked up over stuff that shouldn't bother them. I really, really wish this board could go back to the way it used to be when it was awesome.

yermom
2/19/2008, 10:52 AM
I missed that I guess. What are you people talking about?:(

Slick posted it a while back, he basically posted a link and said "jihad me" (http://www.slickdawg.com) i think he just set it up to play with vBulletin at the time and this board had been up and down so you could go there and gripe about this board being hosed at the time.

i did the same thing a month or two earlier. i don't really think the issue is that someone set up another board, it's what was kinda being organized over there. people could vent freely about the mods here. Slick seems to be wanting to curb that though.

jk the sooner fan
2/19/2008, 11:13 AM
Musta missed my invite.

did you get an invite to come here?

soonerboomer93
2/19/2008, 11:19 AM
were they big?

BigRedJed
2/19/2008, 12:46 PM
that's a pretty cool site. You don't have to worry about ticking people off and getting banned.

I don't really see the big deal, half the people here are on ouinsider, probably half the mod's are paying members. Most of the recruiting stuff here is from rivals or insiders. I don't see why everyone is getting all worked up over stuff that shouldn't bother them. I really, really wish this board could go back to the way it used to be when it was awesome.

I can't remember anybody ever getting banned for ticking people off, at least as long as I've been a mod and privvy to banning discussions. I can tell you this, there are a HECK of a lot of people still posting on this board who tick me off on a FAR more on a regular basis than some of the people who have been banned in recent memory. Those people who tick me off personally will probably continue to keep posting on the board, because they don't break board rules. The only things that will get you banned on this board are rules violations. Not posting style, not personal/political views, not your friends and associations, and not where you spend the rest of your time. Most often BANNABLE rules violations include attacking other posters. Personally, I think that's the appropriate place for bannings to begin. It's really pretty simple: don't attack other posters, and don't be blatantly in the business of trying to turd up the board -- making a sport out of it -- and you can post all you want here. Seems reasonable enough to me.
:confused:
I agree about people getting all worked up about stuff that shouldn't bother them. It's just the Internet, as has been pointed out ad nauseum on this board. Unfortunately, the ones who often point it out the most are the ones who also cry/complain the most when they feel someone is after them.
I agree wholeheartedly about getting the board back to the way it used to be, usmc. Of course, that's much more of a challenge when you have hundreds of regular posters, more than 5,000 handles, and new people arriving every day. Depending on who you talk to, the "good old days" might have involved a couple dozen regular posters and a few hundred registered handles, or it might have involved many more than that. You've been here a long time, usmc, and I would be interested in the time period you define as "when the board was awesome." 2000? '01-'02? 2006? The way I see it, a lot of the people who talk about "when the board was awesome" actually ran off many of the people who were here when it truly WAS awesome, which is ironic. You were here for most of that time, if I remember right. When did you think the board was at its zenith?This board is really pretty simple. Come here, post all you want, on just about any topic. Make your opinion known. Argue passionately for what you believe in, if you choose to. If your posting adds to the board in some way, people will probably like you. If you're a general pain in the ***, people will probably let you know about it. If they attack you, the mods will be there for you, provided you're not a rule breaker. If you attack them, well, you're a rule breaker. I'm not sure why that part is so hard for people to get?

achiro
2/19/2008, 01:05 PM
[LIST=1]
I can't remember anybody ever getting banned for ticking people off, at least as long as I've been a mod and privvy to banning discussions. I can tell you this, there are a HECK of a lot of people still posting on this board who tick me off on a FAR more on a regular basis than some of the people who have been banned in recent memory. Those people who tick me off personally will probably continue to keep posting on the board, because they don't break board rules. The only things that will get you banned on this board are rules violations. Not posting style, not personal/political views, not your friends and associations, and not where you spend the rest of your time. Most often BANNABLE rules violations include attacking other posters. Personally, I think that's the appropriate place for bannings to begin. It's really pretty simple: don't attack other posters, and don't be blatantly in the business of trying to turd up the board -- making a sport out of it -- and you can post all you want here. Seems reasonable enough to me.
I am normally not involved in that crap, just ignore it and move on but I gotta say this. There have been TONS of cases where who you are and who you are attacking determines whether or not you get banned FOR attacking.

AS far as the way things use to be. Hell, it seems anymore that threads get locked just because a mod tires of it or doesn't like the discussion even if it is well within the rules. Now that is what is really screwing this place up. This very thing is what caused the mod shake up a few months ago and it has only gotten worse it seems.

jk the sooner fan
2/19/2008, 01:16 PM
I am normally not involved in that crap, just ignore it and move on but I gotta say this. There have been TONS of cases where who you are and who you are attacking determines whether or not you get banned FOR attacking.

AS far as the way things use to be. Hell, it seems anymore that threads get locked just because a mod tires of it or doesn't like the discussion even if it is well within the rules. Now that is what is really screwing this place up. This very thing is what caused the mod shake up a few months ago and it has only gotten worse it seems.

yep, there are two sets of rules - and therein lies the rub - which it seems to me the mods here just dont "get"

you can spin that anyway you want, you can call me a whiner or crybaby, etc etc -

but thats how it is