PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe?

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:35 AM
Well, can I come out from under my desk now?

GottaHavePride
2/18/2008, 01:36 AM
It's as safe as you make it.

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:37 AM
long as I keep off that thin ice BRJ was talkin bout?

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 01:37 AM
You are picking the WRONG time dude. Of course, I'm sure it's not by coincidence.

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:38 AM
You are picking the WRONG time dude. Of course, I'm sure it's not by coincidence.

You might be surprised, I am just trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

olevetonahill
2/18/2008, 01:40 AM
You might be surprised, I am just trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
My best guess would be some one got Tired of the envelope being pushed to much ?
Dont Know , I cause I went to read for awhile , Came back and there was slaughter and mayhem every where .
Now Im going to bed :cool:

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 01:41 AM
Really? Really? Well you'd better buy a clue really quick.

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:43 AM
Ok, outside the obvious that a crap load of people got baned, I have no clue what is going on. What did they do to get baned? I am just curious that is all. Am I being a smart ***, yeah a little, but I still am very confused, and that ain't no lie.

GottaHavePride
2/18/2008, 01:44 AM

People got banned for being turds over a very extended period of time. That's about it.

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 01:49 AM
Don't play me for an idiot.

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:50 AM
Don't play me for an idiot.

I ain't trying to. Look, from what I can gather, this either went down on a part of the board I ain't privy to, or I am just blind as hell. Both could be true, but for now, I am cutting my losses and staying in the WAYLT thread with PG

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2008, 01:51 AM
I'd just like to post in this thread.

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 01:58 AM
I'm sure you have some resources to find out exactly what types of extremely hateful and inappropriate innuendo people were posting on the board, Havok. Or maybe you already know, and you're playing me for an idiot. Either way, your best bet is to log off and go to bed.

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:59 AM
I'm sure you have some resources to find out exactly what types of extremely hateful and inappropriate innuendo people were posting on the board, Havok. Or maybe you already know, and you're playing me for an idiot. Either way, your best bet is to log off and go to bed.

Done, one more WAYLT

Night All

Or not, bye

tommieharris91
2/18/2008, 03:08 AM

Umm, I missed the bloodbath. Could you please tell me or pe em me or something and tell me why the bane hammer was swung with a mighty fury tonight? I'm just asking so that I don't make the mistakes everyone else here made...

/crawls away in fear

EDIT: For example, do I need to change my sig?

Mongo
2/18/2008, 06:46 AM
I'd just like to post in this thread.

me too

crawfish
2/18/2008, 09:02 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/797273/2/istockphoto_797273_push_the_envelope.jpg

I'd like to point out that I'm pushing the envelope AND stirring the pot, and nobody has ever threatened to bane me.

Some of us are just better than others.

sanantoniosooner
2/18/2008, 09:06 AM
I can vouch for going to bed.

It can be a wonderful thing.

crawfish
2/18/2008, 09:08 AM
Why do I miss all the good meltdowns? :(

Mongo
2/18/2008, 09:19 AM
I was in bed with sas

sanantoniosooner
2/18/2008, 09:20 AM
:mad:

colleyvillesooner
2/18/2008, 09:45 AM
someone please PEEM me what happened and who all got baned.

Do NOT make me start pulling strings, people.

Osce0la
2/18/2008, 09:50 AM
Da**it people :mad: I always miss the good stuff :mad:

olevetonahill
2/18/2008, 09:51 AM
someone please PEEM me what happened and who all got baned.

Do NOT make me start pulling strings, people.

Just look at the Locked threads

colleyvillesooner
2/18/2008, 10:01 AM
Nay

Osce0la
2/18/2008, 10:05 AM
I haven't found anything worth a baning in the locked threads...Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or something has been deleted...Should I go check out the invisible thread? :confused:

olevetonahill
2/18/2008, 10:07 AM
I haven't found anything worth a baning in the locked threads...Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or something has been deleted...Should I go check out the invisible thread? :confused:

Just my 2 cents
But It looked like Jackassery got a lil out of hand , folowed By Modassery getting Outta hand
Just My guess

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 10:50 AM
Gotta tell you vet, I don't appreciate the term "modassery." The (five) banning decisions last night were made by 4 mods and one admin, after lots of consideration. Another one was made this morning, after someone made an attempt to prolong the festivities.

One of the bannings was someone that I actually like, overall, and that was a tough one. The admin pulled the trigger. They were banned due to making highly inappropriate, hateful sexual innuenundo directed at two posters on the board, one of whom is a moderator. It has been a long-running problem, and last night it reached the point of no return. The offending post was actually noticed first by the admin.

If you need further explanation to figure out what happened, well, you probably don't have much to worry about. Have a nice day.

I personally tried to give people fair warning in those threads that we weren't playing around. One of the knocks on mods has been lack of communication, and I was trying to change that. Of course, now I'm the poster boy for the haters.

This has been a long-simmering problem, and unfortunately last night they chose to bring it to a head, and unfortunately at least one of them now is permabanned, with others possibly to follow.

You're not going to find the worst of the offending posts because, well, they're offensive. The have been deleted, with comments. We are going to try to start deleting posts going forward rather than merely moderating (hiding them) in an effort to have better communication. Hope it helps, but at this point we're all a little tired of the jackassery.

We all make our own choices in life. How you live it is up you. If you have that much ugliness in your heart, I suggest getting some help. At the very least, I suggest posting somewhere else.

On a side note, I would strongly recommend never using the word "dickholes" on this board, ever again, even in jest. You might do your best to leave it open to interpretation, but guess what? Your intentions just might be "misinterpreted." Oh, and today is not the day to try to push buttons. Just a suggestion for everyone reading this.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/18/2008, 11:12 AM
This is the worst thread I've ever stickied.

:sad::mad::gack: