PDA

View Full Version : a FISHING REPORT for BRJ

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/18/2008, 01:07 AM
OKAY, got down to Rocky Point late friday night, and we went out to the 51 mile reef on Saturday morning. We (4 of us on the boat) found a cherry dropoff in 275 feet of water, and caught about 120 fish, totalling well over 400 lbs. We had a couple of Red snapper, a White Seabass, a Yellowtail about 15 lbs., and a Sheephead. Most of the catch was Goldspot Bass, with several of them around 8 lbs. They are superb eating. The rest of the fish were Pacific Whitefish, which are pretty good eating.

We spent the first couple of hours catching bait, then took off for the deep water. The trip to the reef was a little rough for the first hour, but we had calm seas after about 11AM. (The total trip out to the reef was about 2 hours) We got back to shore about 9:30 PM.

Obviously, it was a wide-open bite. We put in about a 17 hour day on sat, and since we had so much fish, decided to sleep in sat(last) night. I got back from Mexico about 10 PM tonight(Sunday).

Vote for Obama for Change, and for Hope for the Future. He is about the Future-NOT for the Past, but the Future. Don't forget, Hope, Change, and the Future.

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 01:13 AM
Is this the drunkytown thread?

Sooner_Havok
2/18/2008, 01:16 AM

I don't know man, but you might want to find that one PDQ :D

2/18/2008, 01:16 AM
Is this the drunkytown thread? Naw, this one was posted just for the halibut.

2/18/2008, 11:18 AM
Doesn't anybody on this forum like to fish? I'm not joking about this fishing. Those are real fish, from a real ocean, and we had real fun...Allrighty then, see if You're invited the next time we go.

Mongo
2/18/2008, 11:21 AM

you should be happy, this isnt a McCain thread or any politics whatsoever

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 11:21 AM
I like fishing. And fishing threads. Thanks for the update, RLIMC!

NormanPride
2/18/2008, 12:01 PM
It's been way too long since I've been fishing. :( I like it, but I don't have any friends around here that do. TromBoNado moved to Texass.

2/18/2008, 12:18 PM
It's been way too long since I've been fishing. :( I like it, but I don't have any friends around here that do. TromBoNado moved to Texass.Get yourself a float tube at Bass Pro, or online. Find a lake outside of town, ask permission from the landowner, then go by yourself. It's just as much fun as going with friends.

OUinFLA
2/18/2008, 12:39 PM
I'm envious.
I finally took the afternoon off yesterday and took about 3 hours and fished a small phosphate pit we have discovered.
We caught 40 bass and with the exception of two 4 pounders, all the rest were under a pound.
At least I didnt hurt my arms.
I'll be glad when I'm through relocating my farm. I've missed fishing this past year.

sooneron
2/18/2008, 12:41 PM
I like going for tuna and stripers when I'm in Montauk. Good eatin.

JohnnyMack
2/18/2008, 12:47 PM
I like going for tuna and stripers when I'm in Montauk. Good eatin.

Well I'm on the Downeaster "Alexa"
And I'm cruising through Block Island Sound
I have charted a course to the Vineyard
But tonight I am Nantucket bound

We took on diesel back in Montauk yesterday
And left this morning from the bell in Gardiner's Bay
Like all the locals here I've had to sell my home
Too proud to leave I worked my fingers to the bone

So I could own my Downeaster "Alexa"
And I go where the ocean is deep
There are giants out there in the canyons
And a good captain can't fall asleep

I've got bills to pay and children who need clothes
I know there's fish out there but where God only knows
They say these waters aren't what they used to be
But I've got people back on land who count on me

So if you see my Downeaster "Alexa"
And if you work with the rod and the reel
Tell my wife I am trawling Atlantis
And I still have my hands on the wheel

Now I drive my Downeaster "Alexa"
More and more miles from shore every year
Since they tell me I can't sell no stripers
And there's no luck in swordfishing here.

I was a bayman like my father was before
Can't make a living as a bayman anymore
There ain't much future for a man who works the sea
But there ain't no island left for islanders like me

TheHumanAlphabet
2/18/2008, 02:02 PM
Doesn't anybody on this forum like to fish? I'm not joking about this fishing. Those are real fish, from a real ocean, and we had real fun...Allrighty then, see if You're invited the next time we go.

If you so into Obama, then you would know what your future fishing is going to be and would already know if it would be worth going to fish or not.

The future is not as all cracked up it is made to be...

Go Huckabee or Paul!!! ;)

2/18/2008, 04:11 PM
If you so into Obama, then you would know what your future fishing is going to be and would already know if it would be worth going to fish or not.

)In the "Obama Future, filled with Hope", there will be fair distribution of fish and fishing...an eel in every crevass. Not to worry. Just vote the "O".

2/19/2008, 12:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody has any questions about the type of fishing we do over here in the Gulf of California. Not many fishermen on this forum, I guess.

sanantoniosooner
2/19/2008, 12:53 AM
Loyalfan is quite a fisherman.

It's quite possible that people might overlook this thread simply because of the political posts you are known for.

Personally, I'm a little more interested in local fishing than way off in a far away land. I hope to get this in the water soon http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2215291&postcount=3

2/19/2008, 01:03 AM

It's quite possible that people might overlook this thread simply because of the political posts you are known for.

Personally, I'm a little more interested in local fishing than way off in a far away land. I hope to get this in the water soon http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2215291&postcount=3I know a killer bass fishing cattle ranch out west of San Antonio. They charge you to fish there, but there is astronomical fishing. There are a bunch of lakes on the ranch, but the big lake is unbelievable.

2/19/2008, 01:04 AM

Personally, I'm a little more interested in local fishing than way off in a far away land. I hope to get this in the water soon http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2215291&postcount=3 Woops, double post. nice boat, by the way.

sanantoniosooner
2/19/2008, 01:09 AM
Woops, double post. nice boat, by the way.
It's a little one, but it'll do what I want right now.

BigRedJed
2/19/2008, 08:00 AM
Are you still talking about the boat?

Sooner_Bob
2/19/2008, 08:04 AM
It's a little one, but it'll do what I want right now.

:eek:

sanantoniosooner
2/19/2008, 08:33 AM
Are you still talking about the boat?
Until I can get it in the water, talking is all I can do.