PDA

View Full Version : Lawyers here on SF

SteelClip49
2/17/2008, 12:42 PM
I recently sent an email to Okla-Homey regarding contract law...and I also know lawyers and have been taught by lawyers...and have gotten some similar and different answers regarding seminars.

But what exactly goes on at seminars other than conversing with colleagues/friends/partners and expanding your knowledge about the field/area of law that you are in?

usmc-sooner
2/17/2008, 12:45 PM
we usually hire a stripper, get drunk, stuff like that. The really big one's are coke induced orgies.

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2008, 12:46 PM
It's usually a gathering of men, discussing various ways of keeping you down. ;)

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 12:50 PM
sometimes we'll hire a midget to walk around with a sombrero filled with tortilla chips.

The salsa and queso is on the table but you just grab a handfull of chips out of his sombrero when he walks by your table. It's awesome.

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2008, 01:00 PM
sometimes we'll hire a midget to walk around with a sombrero filled with tortilla chips.

The salsa and queso is on the table but you just grab a handfull of chips out of his sombrero when he walks by your table. It's awesome.

It's seriously the best queso EVAR. Blows The Mont's out of the water. Or queso.

SteelClip49
2/17/2008, 01:02 PM
damn, maybe I should further my education and bust my *** through law school and experience all these great moments. Hell, 6 years of undergrad about to be completed in May 2008...I wonder what an extra 3 years will do to me.

BTW 1TC, one thing I have always learned in life and continue to see quite often is.....People Make Mistakes, lol. Sorry, trying to be somewhat comical.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 01:04 PM
I have no idea what your last paragraph is supposed to mean.

usmc-sooner
2/17/2008, 01:11 PM
I have no idea what your last paragraph is supposed to mean.

I didn't get the first or last

usmc-sooner
2/17/2008, 01:12 PM

the stripper wears the salsa and queso in our seminars

SteelClip49
2/17/2008, 01:22 PM
1TC, seriously or is that sarcasm or should that originally have been intended for criticalphil. Hell, I am freaking nuts enough as it is.

olevetonahill
2/17/2008, 01:48 PM
I didn't get the first or last
If you evar understand anything he says , Let me know ok ?

Newbomb Turk
2/17/2008, 02:01 PM
1TC, seriously or is that sarcasm or should that originally have been intended for criticalphil. Hell, I am freaking nuts enough as it is.

that cleared it up.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 02:04 PM
serious as cadillac arrest.
I have no idea why you included my name in that paragraph or what the rest of it meant.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 02:05 PM
c_p hasn't posted in this thread, why would it be intended for him?

Viking Kitten
2/17/2008, 02:07 PM
But what exactly goes on at seminars other than conversing with colleagues/friends/partners and expanding your knowledge about the field/area of law that you are in?

Sleeping. Waking up to pee. Eating the CLE provided donuts, coffee, and catered lunch if it's an all day seminar. Sneaking out to flirt with chicks who work at the OBA if the seminar happens to be held at the Bar Center. Once a year you get to see Dan Murdock dressed in drag.

M
2/17/2008, 02:32 PM
Once a year you get to see Dan Murdock dressed in drag.

Best CLE of the year! I hear Jari Askins made an appearance at the most recent program.

NYC Poke
2/17/2008, 03:08 PM
I used to work in-house at a Houston-based energy company that collapsed into bankruptcy in a rather notorious fashion, bringing down with it a major accounting firm and leading to the passage of several new laws. Prior to its demise, the company had signage all over the building noting that Fortune magazine had named it the #1 Most Innovative company (only too true) and the #1 Best Company to work for several years running. Over the years, it had gone from calling itself "The World's Leading Energy Company" to "The World's Leading Company." Many have suggesting the the company fostered a culture of arrogance that led to its demise.

Anyway, at our first seminar following the bankruptcy, a lot of us were still a little shell-shocked about the rapid series of events that had altered our lives so dramatically. Many had believed at first that the company could rapidly re-emerge from bankruptcy, but the depth of the corruption soon sank in as our phones rang off the hook with calls from government investigators.

Between CLE speakers, our Assistant General Counsel gave little updates regarding the bankruptcy itself. During one of these talks, he noted that when we had filed for bankruptcy, it was the largest in history in terms of market cap, but it had since been eclipsed by WorldCom's bankruptcy. "However," he noted, "there are over three times the number of docket filings in our bankruptcy, because it is far more complex. Does anyone know what that means?"

A voice from the back of the room yelled out, "We're still Number One!"

Chuck Bao
2/17/2008, 03:35 PM
Kudos to NYC Poke because that whole energy sector fraud case should go down in history, whether it's number one or not. Some people lost sight of some serious common sense. I'm just not so sure that subsequent accounting changes are going to fix that.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/17/2008, 03:45 PM
This guy is pretty good
http://www.mccullagh.org/misc/cnet/will.ferrell.snl.051405.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2008, 04:41 PM
I hear Jari Askins made an appearance at the most recent program.

Is he dressed in drag, too? ;)