Newbomb Turk
2/16/2008, 11:19 PM
but not quite.

Flying Scotsman
2/16/2008, 11:21 PM
Naw...I don't think so....

birddog
i was thinking the same thing, especially when you see him react that way to his players.

if he knows he's in the wrong, he should resign after this game.

Sooner_75
I don't feel sorry for Kelvin, but Dickie V threw OU under the bus as if we are the source for Indiana's problems with Kelvin as the head coach.

Sooner24
2/16/2008, 11:45 PM
I don't feel sorry for Kelvin, but Dickie V threw OU under the bus as if we are the source for Indiana's problems with Kelvin as the head coach.

And just exactly how did he throw OU under the bus? Did Kelvin get caught cheating here? Yes! That's basically what he said and it's true.

illinisooner
2/16/2008, 11:47 PM
Nope. I'm biased as a lifelong Illini fan, but I've got an evil grin on my face and laughing at IU. Maybe Knight goes back to Bloomington?

jdsooner
2/17/2008, 01:24 AM
Kelvin who?

GrapevineSooner
2/17/2008, 01:57 AM
This is how close I am to feeling sorry for him.

http://videodetective.com/photos/975/040980_23.jpg

Or it could be that guy from Kids in the Hall that wants to crush his head.

birddog
2/17/2008, 03:29 AM
Kelvin who?

simpson.

Kray
2/17/2008, 08:50 AM
i was thinking the same thing, especially when you see him react that way to his players. If he knows he's in the wrong, he should resign after this game.

That's the thing with Kelvin -- he can't admit to being wrong. I've become convinced that he's incapable of it. This is why he'd repeat the same mistakes he made here. This is why he told lies to the NCAA that were easily debunked. This is why, when he was caught, he focused on OSU and Texas turning him in, instead of the actual wrongdoing. He used to whine about people negative-recruiting against him when he engaged in the same.

It's almost sociopathic. He probably still thinks that he's outworking people. He can't admit to being wrong and he can't imagine lesser mortals could catch him. He won't resign because he could never admit to being in the wrong. In his heart, he's been the victim in all of this.

bluedogok
2/17/2008, 04:57 PM
He crapped in his own bed, left the mess here and got a new one....and he has since crapped in that one as well, hopefully he has to sleep in it this time.

Maybe the Orediggers will take him back, they are NAIA after all.

SoonerStormchaser
2/17/2008, 07:43 PM
Who is this Calvin Simpson you all are speaking of?

Sooner_75
2/17/2008, 10:12 PM
And just exactly how did he throw OU under the bus? Did Kelvin get caught cheating here? Yes! That's basically what he said and it's true.

He did way more then that. More then once he implied that when you hire a coach from Oklahoma then you get what you ask for.

He insinuated a culture of cheating within the basketball program.

Sooner24
2/19/2008, 10:57 AM
He did way more then that. More then once he implied that when you hire a coach from Oklahoma then you get what you ask for.

You're crazy. He never said anything of the kind.

virginiasooner
2/19/2008, 11:54 AM
Would someone please take away Kelvin Sampson's phone privileges? No cell, no landline. Geez, he's turning into those lame teenage girls at the mall who JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ON THE PHONE.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/19/2008, 12:55 PM

I took it as a subtle dig at OU going back to Switzer. Basically an easy cheap shot to take but no one will call him on it.

Sort of like if Ron Franklin were to imply that of course Christian Laettner is a homo...he came from Duke, didn't he?

sooneron
2/19/2008, 01:19 PM
Anyone have a link to Vitale and what he said?

OU_Sooners75
2/19/2008, 03:20 PM
Screw that, I do not feel sorry for that cheat!

He gets whatever is coming to him. The NCAA should ban him for life!

Grimey
2/19/2008, 04:03 PM
One person I really feel bad for is Kellen. Can you imagine watching your Dad screw up in front of the whole world like that? He always has seemed like such a great kid.

birddog
2/19/2008, 04:27 PM
is kellen still on the ou campus?

Grimey
2/19/2008, 05:00 PM
dunno. I just know he gave his all to OU.

It is so hard for me to be so ****ed off at Kelvin. Partly because I have made mistakes before just like we all have, sometimes repeatedly. But also because I really liked the guy for so long. It is hard for me to reconcile the Coach that we all loved with the cheater that he is turning out to be.

birddog
2/19/2008, 05:20 PM
yeah, i hope he goes on a tear at iu before he gets canned.

of course, tonight might be his last game. so i hope he gets a win tonight.

Salt City Sooner
2/19/2008, 05:51 PM
Kellen's a G.A. at IU. Watch any game (might want to hurry on this one ;) ) & you'll see him right there on the bench.

Civicus_Sooner
2/19/2008, 06:01 PM
Kellen's a G.A. at IU. Watch any game (might want to hurry on this one ;) ) & you'll see him right there on the bench.Sucks for him. His name is mud.

NorthernIowaSooner
2/21/2008, 01:55 AM
kellens the one i feel bad for, its not his fault he's gonna be attached to his dad's legacy and hopefully he can catch a job somewhere. he busted his butt here and while he lacked talent he made up for that with effort and heart and i hope he does well although loyalty to his dad might bite him in the ***

tommieharris91
2/21/2008, 02:19 AM
I don't see a situation like that for Kellen. I think people will give him a chance if he turns out to be a decent coach.

Grimey
2/21/2008, 12:32 PM
As bad as this sounds, it is unfortunate that his name sounds so similar to Kelvin. People will be mistakingly calling him Kelvin forever, and he will have that stigma.

Think of your relationship with your Father. How would you feel if you knew the whole country thought he was a lying cheater? It would be pretty hard to deal with.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/21/2008, 01:43 PM
As bad as this sounds, it is unfortunate that his name sounds so similar to Kelvin. People will be mistakingly calling him Kelvin forever, and he will have that stigma.

Think of your relationship with your Father. How would you feel if you knew the whole country thought he was a lying cheater? It would be pretty hard to deal with.

Worked out OK for Chelsea Clinton.....other than getting pimped out that is...

Sorry...;)

Grimey
2/21/2008, 01:47 PM
I guess I just can't imagine doing that to my children. Making them live with a black mark on their name because of my own stupid decisions.