PDA

View Full Version : Minute Clinic @ CVS

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2008, 10:17 PM
Has anyone ever gone to one of these? I went this morning for a minor ailment. There were two patients in front of me, so I had to wait a little bit. Once inside the little room, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. It just cost my copay + $10 for the lab I had to get done. They did the lab test right in front of me. It beat going to Access today. That place had a line out the door just about.

Scott D
2/16/2008, 10:21 PM
I can tell you that CVS plans on adding them to about 750 stores this year. Also, Wal-Mart and another retailer are going to begin adding their versions in the near future.

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:29 PM
Has anyone ever gone to one of these? I went this morning for a minor ailment. There were two patients in front of me, so I had to wait a little bit. Once inside the little room, I was in and out in about 15 minutes. It just cost my copay + $10 for the lab I had to get done. They did the lab test right in front of me. It beat going to Access today. That place had a line out the door just about.

well? are you pregnant?

JohnnyMack
2/16/2008, 10:31 PM
you can't catch me 'cause the rabbit done died...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2008, 10:43 PM
well? are you pregnant?No, but they could have given me a test if I had wanted one.

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 10:58 PM
I can tell you that CVS plans on adding them to about 750 stores this year. Also, Wal-Mart and another retailer are going to begin adding their versions in the near future.

I'm trying to talk my dad into becoming one of these new Wal-Mart Docs. He considers it sort of selling out I think since he has his own private practice, but I think they'd pay better.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/16/2008, 11:01 PM
I dunno, at CVS it was nurse practitioners. I can't imagine a doctor doing it.

mdklatt
2/16/2008, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to talk my dad into becoming one of these new Wal-Mart Docs.

That's commoner talk!

Unless your last name is "Walton", I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out of Baylor for having a parent who worked at Wal-Mart. Of course, after eight years it's probably time for you to leave Baylor anyway. :texan:

Scott D
2/16/2008, 11:18 PM
I dunno, at CVS it was nurse practitioners. I can't imagine a doctor doing it.

What I'd heard in regards to Wal-mart was doctors as well. However, I can't really vouch that they'd go in that direction.

I think I spend too much time dealing with pharmacies, and pharmacy reps. But yet I just agreed to a 7 month project where I'll be spending lots of time not just in pharmacies, but in hospital pharmacies.

Czar Soonerov
2/17/2008, 12:30 AM
As I was reading about SBSB's "minor ailment" I kept thinking of this:

Excuse me, doc, what does it mean when you go to the bathroom and fire shoot out your ****?

Let me get this right. So you're getting a burning sensation when you urinate?

No, fire shoot out my ****, is all. A burst of flame fly out my **** when I pee. I can't even pee in the house, I burn my house down. I gotta go outside. I was outside peeing, dude tried to mug me, I turned around and burned him up on the street. Because my dick is a blowtorch, is what I'm trying to say.

SicEmBaylor
2/17/2008, 12:59 AM
That's commoner talk!

Unless your last name is "Walton", I'm pretty sure you'd get kicked out of Baylor for having a parent who worked at Wal-Mart. Of course, after eight years it's probably time for you to leave Baylor anyway. :texan:

I'm for whatever makes him the most amount of money. Besides, he's an Aggie...it's his destiny.

mdklatt
2/17/2008, 01:35 AM
I'm for whatever makes him the most amount of money so he can continue to support me.

Well, that makes sense. :D

SicEmBaylor
2/17/2008, 01:38 AM
Well, that makes sense. :D

That's my motivation precisely. Seven years of Baylor is starting to put a severe strain on the family finances (I was told). =(

I may possibly be transferring to OSU.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 01:41 AM
why don't you just graduate?

SicEmBaylor
2/17/2008, 01:43 AM
I'm working on it. SLOWLY

mdklatt
2/17/2008, 01:48 AM

You should hook him with an oilfield job.

SCOUT
2/17/2008, 01:56 AM
I haven't been to the minute clinic yet, but a coworker of mine had good things to say about it. I am kind of tired of my 10:00 am appointment at my Dr.'s office finishing up around 1:00 pm with about 15 minutes of that actually seeing the Dr.'s lackey. So, it sounds good to me.

BudSooner
2/17/2008, 09:08 AM
As I was reading about SBSB's "minor ailment" I kept thinking of this:

I just woke up everyone in the house laughing at this, thanks Czar.:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/17/2008, 09:11 AM
I haven't been to the minute clinic yet, but a coworker of mine had good things to say about it. I am kind of tired of my 10:00 am appointment at my Dr.'s office finishing up around 1:00 pm with about 15 minutes of that actually seeing the Dr.'s lackey. So, it sounds good to me.Well it's good when you know you are sick and are pretty sure you know what's wrong. Yesterday I basically needed a professional to confirm and prescribe. Plus I didn't want to wait til Monday.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/17/2008, 06:37 PM
Went to the Walgreen's version in Chicago last year. Had Broncitis - severe. Needed some Tussinex, but because it is staffed with a NP or a PA (whichever can't prescribe controlled substances) she gave me steriods. 60 mg for 2 days, 40 mg for 2 and then 20 for 2. I hated the steriods and was like strung out and anxious becuase of that. Tussinex would have stopped the cough and let me sleep vs. strung out not sleeping.

colleyvillesooner
2/18/2008, 10:00 AM

Dude, there's no way I'm doing all that without some help.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 10:25 AM
I haven't been to the minute clinic yet, but a coworker of mine had good things to say about it. I am kind of tired of my 10:00 am appointment at my Dr.'s office finishing up around 1:00 pm with about 15 minutes of that actually seeing the Dr.'s lackey. So, it sounds good to me.

you could go to one of those urgent care places too. I've been to those and i get in and out in about 30 minutes.

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 10:48 AM
You are all dead to me.

The only time we doctors should accept death is when it's caused by our own incompetence.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 10:56 AM
no offense, doc :)

a friend of mine is the doc at the doc in the box place, that's why i go there..

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 11:55 AM
Doc, you could always go get a job at Wal-Mart!

Mixer!
2/18/2008, 12:00 PM
He's so gonna neg you for that. ;)

sooneron
2/18/2008, 12:28 PM
They would prolly have the docs double up as greeters-

"Welcome to Wal Mart , now turn your head and cough!" :D

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 01:18 PM
Rollback prices on rectal exams?

Whet
2/18/2008, 01:33 PM
"Hello Dear, I here at WalMart buying that bag of Old Roy dog food and Prep H you wanted. They are having a sale on exams today, so I am gonna' git that colonoscopy while I'm here, so I'll be a little late gettin' home this evening."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/18/2008, 02:56 PM
you could go to one of those urgent care places too. I've been to those and i get in and out in about 30 minutes.That was my plan until I saw the parking lot. That's where I was diagnosed with my appendictis last summer.

Doc, I would have called you but I didn't really feel like wearing the paper gown that you always insist I wear.

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 03:14 PM
Doc, I would have called you but I didn't really feel like wearing the paper gown that you always insist I wear.
So that's why you're always au naturale when I walk in. :eek:

nmsoonergirl
2/18/2008, 04:55 PM
Went to the Walgreen's version in Chicago last year. Had Broncitis - severe. Needed some Tussinex, but because it is staffed with a NP or a PA (whichever can't prescribe controlled substances) she gave me steriods. 60 mg for 2 days, 40 mg for 2 and then 20 for 2. I hated the steriods and was like strung out and anxious becuase of that. Tussinex would have stopped the cough and let me sleep vs. strung out not sleeping.

Sorry to threadjack....

Doc,
We don't do a wean with kids if they are on less than 7 days steroids....are you supposed to wean for short bursts with adults? Just curious, but not curious enough to do a lit search....

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry to threadjack....

Doc,
We don't do a wean with kids if they are on less than 7 days steroids....are you supposed to wean for short bursts with adults? Just curious, but not curious enough to do a lit search....
No, it's generally considered safe to use steroids for 7d or less without tapering.

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 08:24 PM
Don't listen to this guy. I have successfully diagnosed far more afflictions on the SO in recent memory. Just about the time he gets in over his head with a diagnosis, he'll have some sort of "computer problem."

:D

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 11:52 PM
it's pneumonia