PDA

View Full Version : So me and my wife want another kid

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 06:59 PM
I m looking into getting a vasectomy reversal done but 2 things

1. Its a pretty decent chunk of cash
2. Even after the procedure its not a guarantee that I still have swimmers

Any other guy on here done the reversal? If you have PM me or something and tell me about it.

We really want another one so I hope it works out but I m not sure how likely it is. It's been a year and 4 months since the factory was shut down and I ve heard the longer its been the more difficult it is to make another baby.

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2008, 07:05 PM
I've never had one but I'm in MCalester every day around lunchtime if you and the Mrs. need some help.

;)

Good luck. I know a few people that had the reverse and they all had another kid.

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 07:11 PM
If it's not reversible, I'll stand in for you good buddy.

Widescreen
2/16/2008, 07:12 PM
Why don't you just adopt that 17 year old Korean girl you've had your eye on?

;)

VeeJay
2/16/2008, 07:14 PM
I've always heard Vitamin E is good for that.

My swimmers worked when I actually had other life plans...

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 07:14 PM
Why don't you just adopt that 17 year old Korean girl you've had your eye on?

;)

My wife said no. She always shutting me down...on adopting 17 year old Koreans anyway

yermom
2/16/2008, 07:20 PM
you could adopt doleo

OCUDad
2/16/2008, 07:22 PM
you could adopt doleoWhich might be a better alternative than accepting help from 1TC and SicEm.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 07:30 PM
you could adopt doleo

That sounds not so good

SoonerStormchaser
2/16/2008, 07:34 PM
Jeez...

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 07:38 PM
why did you do it in the first place?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 07:47 PM
why did you do it in the first place?

After we had our son, we just said that's it because thats all we had originally wanted..2 and no more. With my wife staying at home with our kids, it seemed that anymore than that would be too much for her. But as she has grown into being a great mother and has done a great job with our kids, we both think that it would be great to have another another one join us.

I volunteered getting the fix, because her mom had a problem with her hysterectomy and my wife was afraid of getting one.

royalfan5
2/16/2008, 07:47 PM
Some families from my home church have went overseas for adoptions. Maybe that would be something to look into.

usmc-sooner
2/16/2008, 07:48 PM
Some families from my home church have went overseas for adoptions. Maybe that would be something to look into.

what they don't like American babies? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 07:49 PM

We have looked into that as well. Its still a possibility especially if this doesn't work out

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2008, 07:50 PM
are our babies not good enough for your Church?
;)

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 08:01 PM
After we had our son, we just said that's it because thats all we had originally wanted..2 and no more. With my wife staying at home with our kids, it seemed that anymore than that would be too much for her. But as she has grown into being a great mother and has done a great job with our kids, we both think that it would be great to have another another one join us.

I volunteered getting the fix, because her mom had a problem with her hysterectomy and my wife was afraid of getting one.

hysterectomy? you mean tubal ligation (getting tubes tied)? that's a whole different deal than a hysterectomy.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 08:10 PM
hysterectomy? you mean tubal ligation (getting tubes tied)? that's a whole different deal than a hysterectomy.

Yeah..tubes tied thing..my terminology is not the brightest. Anyways she was scared about it and I volunteered to go ahead and have it done. I looked at it as a few days off work

MojoRisen
2/16/2008, 08:24 PM

That was a big decision - what is easier scientifically - tube tying for a female or a male as far as reversal goes. I don't think I would have done that - but I am not married and expecting to be married for life.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 08:29 PM
That was a big decision - what is easier scientifically - tube tying for a female or a male as far as reversal goes. I don't think I would have done that - but I am not married and expecting to be married for life.

yeah it was a big decision. And I think if back then we even had a inclination that we would have another one, I wouldnt have done it but like I said..after Evan we just knew that was it.

My wife and I both wish we would have been smarter

MojoRisen
2/16/2008, 08:43 PM
My understanding is you should be fine, I guess I would have only compared cost and downside in health - tube tying is not a hysterectomy-

did you loose any labito - during this time?

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 08:50 PM

tubal ligation is more difficult and more invasive than a vasectomy...not sure about reversal.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 08:51 PM
My understanding is you should be fine, I guess I would have only compared cost and downside in health - tube tying is not a hysterectomy-

did you loose any labito - during this time?

No loss thats for sure

Scott D
2/16/2008, 08:52 PM
it all seems pretty painful to me.

Viking Kitten
2/16/2008, 09:09 PM
Here is why I would consider adoption before reversal:

1) You go through all the time, effort and cash and there are no guarantees.

2) While the pregnancy/brand new baby experience is absolutely awesome, you've been through it twice so it's not as if you're missing out.

3) There are thousands of babies in Oklahoma DHS care right now that REALLY need someone to love them. Yes you have to deal with some red tape and jump through some hoops, but those I know who have adopted a child out of that crappy, hellhole system tell me it's worth every second.

Our state is actually getting sued right now because of the deplorable, abusive conditions in the foster care system. Go to www.childrensrights.org (http://www.childrensrights.org) if you want to read the complaint filed in federal court Wednesday. It will probably make you cry. You can pretty much blame the whole thing on a system overwhelmed by idiots on meth. They get high, they screw, they produce children. The state dumps all their unwanted children with people who don't love them, but they sure do love that $500 bucks a month they get for taking them in. So then they turn around and fracture a 10-month old's skull with their fist for crying for a bottle.

If you are in a position to get a child out of this mess and quite literally able to save a life, I would at least consider doing this.

(Sorry to be kind of a Debbie Downer, meow meow!, but I about went to pieces when I had to do some research on this last week.)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 09:09 PM
it all seems pretty painful to me.

first procedure wasnt bad really..not sure about the reversal

just read its a 3 hour procedure to get it reversed..took only minutes the first time around

Scott D
2/16/2008, 09:15 PM
first procedure wasnt bad really..not sure about the reversal

just read its a 3 hour procedure to get it reversed..took only minutes the first time around

I didn't mean the procedure. ;)

usmc-sooner
2/16/2008, 09:35 PM
always and I mean always make the girl do it.

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:32 PM
always and I mean always make the girl do it.

:mad:

girls already have to do everything. now you want them to go through a more serious procedure than a man would have to?

usmc-sooner
2/16/2008, 10:34 PM

girls already have to do everything. now you want them to go through a more serious procedure than a man would have to?

did I stutter?

:D

usmc-sooner
2/16/2008, 10:37 PM
I'm not much of a man when it comes to knives and nuts

JohnnyMack
2/16/2008, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't have another kid if you paid me.

Although I'm probably not the right guy to talk to about this right now.

VeeJay
2/17/2008, 07:06 PM
I'd love another kid but closing in on 50 I am done.

Good luck on whatever you and Mrs. decide.

soonerbrat
2/17/2008, 07:33 PM
I wouldn't have another kid if you paid me.

Although I'm probably not the right guy to talk to about this right now.

I would if someone paid me enough..and I was giving it to them and not keeping it.