PDA

View Full Version : Buying cigars online

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 11:39 AM
Anybody ever do this? There appear to be dozens of sites to choose from. Anybody have any experience with any or know of the reputable ones?

yermom
2/16/2008, 11:41 AM
are there any in Cuba?

LosAngelesSooner
2/16/2008, 11:51 AM
I have bought cigars from Thompson Cigar many times. If I'm in a pinch, or I just want to buy bulk cigars for a party or just to stock one of my humidors up really full I buy from them.

You can get some pretty good ones there, some nice humidors and some good accessories. I trust them and they ship fast and cheap.

Their cigars are at pretty good prices, too.

Good luck!

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 11:56 AM
I have bought cigars from Thompson Cigar many times. If I'm in a pinch, or I just want to buy bulk cigars for a party or just to stock one of my humidors up really full I buy from them.

You can get some pretty good ones there, some nice humidors and some good accessories. I trust them and they ship fast and cheap.

Their cigars are at pretty good prices, too.

Good luck!

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default.aspx

Wait a minute, I thought I was on your ignore list. ;)

Actually, I've been getting spam emails from Thompson for months now, and since we're having a baby in the next week or so, I started looking around their site. I've found some cheaper places, but it's good to know they are reputable. Thanks.

OUAndy1807
2/16/2008, 01:08 PM
jrcigars.com

mdklatt
2/16/2008, 02:12 PM
Anybody ever do this? There appear to be dozens of sites to choose from. Anybody have any experience with any or know of the reputable ones?

I'm sure Lid or SicEm could help you with this.

yermom
2/16/2008, 02:15 PM
I'm sure Lid or SicEm could help you with this.

if you hear this statement, you might want to reconsider your interest in something

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 02:43 PM
if you hear this statement, you might want to reconsider your interest in something

No kidding...Lid, Sic'em, and LAS. I'll never smoke a cigar again. :)

PhxSooner
2/16/2008, 02:48 PM
I confess, we did the chocolate cigars from See's. They even came in a cigar box.

How many are you looking to get?

And congrats!

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 02:59 PM
I confess, we did the chocolate cigars from See's. They even came in a cigar box.

How many are you looking to get?

And congrats!

Most of our friends are smoking alcoholic poker playing hillbilly NASCAR fans so we're going with the real thing. :)

I'm going to probably get a couple of boxes of 25.

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 03:23 PM
DO NOT buy from Thompson.

I'd STRONGLY recommend www.jrcigars.com

There's absolutely no way you can go wrong with them, and if by some chance something does go wrong then they make it right very quickly.

Curly Bill
2/16/2008, 03:27 PM

I'd STRONGLY recommend www.jrcigars.com (http://www.jrcigars.com)

There's absolutely no way you can go wrong with them, and if by some chance something does go wrong then they make it right very quickly.

When I thought I wanted to be a cigar smoking type dude I did some research and JR's is what I decided on too. Alas, I don't like cigars so much. I like the history of the industry, the craftmanship, I really like some of the cigar boxes, all that, I just don't like cigars.

OUAndy1807
2/16/2008, 03:46 PM
even if you order somewhere else, JR has a TON of info on their site.

unfortunately, z-man who blogs on that site it a total tool.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 03:48 PM

Yeah, they have what I was looking for a lot cheaper than Thompson anyway. Thanks to you and Andy, there are two boxes of Partagas on the way. :texan:

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, they have what I was looking for a lot cheaper than Thompson anyway. Thanks to you and Andy, there are two boxes of Partagas on the way. :texan:

Good stuff. Enjoy!

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 03:52 PM
Now I just have to wait and see what color of ribbon to tie around them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Blue_ribbon.svg/40px-Blue_ribbon.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b5/Pink_ribbon.svg/40px-Pink_ribbon.svg.png

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 03:53 PM
Now I just have to wait and see what color of ribbon to tie around them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Blue_ribbon.svg/40px-Blue_ribbon.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b5/Pink_ribbon.svg/40px-Pink_ribbon.svg.png

I'm a boy, so blue. But whatever you want to go with. When should I expect them?

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a boy, so blue. But whatever you want to go with. When should I expect them?

Next time you make it to Houston. ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 03:56 PM
Next time you make it to Houston. ;)
It's overcast today. =(

JohnnyMack
2/16/2008, 03:58 PM
Harry,

Sleep. For the love of God man, Sleep! Get all you can.

You're welcome.

Me

LosAngelesSooner
2/16/2008, 04:54 PM
Wait a minute, I thought I was on your ignore list. ;)

Actually, I've been getting spam emails from Thompson for months now, and since we're having a baby in the next week or so, I started looking around their site. I've found some cheaper places, but it's good to know they are reputable. Thanks.
I took everyone off my ignore list for Lent. It's part of my "giving up antagonizing people for Lent" pledge.

I figured if I extended the olive branch...:)

LosAngelesSooner
2/16/2008, 04:56 PM

Why not? I've never had a problem with Thompson...

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 04:58 PM
I took everyone off my ignore list for Lent. It's part of my "giving up antagonizing people for Lent" pledge.

I figured if I extended the olive branch...:)

Awesome. Does that mean you'll be my friend until Easter? :D

LosAngelesSooner
2/16/2008, 05:08 PM
Awesome. Does that mean you'll be my friend until Easter? :D
Well if the people I had on there will start being cool (and stop the deliberate flame baiting, etc) then I see no reason to put any of them back on ignore.

I only started ignoring the posters who continually attacked me or tried to flame bait me. There are plenty of posters who I disagree with who have never been on my ignore.

There's even one poster whom I detest who's never been on my ignore.

Anyway...I figured that if I tried to get along during Lent then I'd see who (among those who were on my ignore) would meet me halfway...and they'd stay off ignore.

Who knows? Maybe there will be a brighter, happier SO after Easter! :D

OCUDad
2/16/2008, 05:17 PM
Fuente Fuente Opus X. YWIA.

phead903
2/16/2008, 05:23 PM
2 Arturo Fuente Opus X and 2 Ghurka cigars were given to me as a Valentine's Day gift this year.

Boarder
2/16/2008, 05:37 PM
Most of our friends are smoking alcoholic poker playing hillbilly NASCAR fans so we're going with the real thing.

Just get a couple of packs of Marlboros then.

bluedogok
2/16/2008, 05:45 PM
I ordered from Thompson in the past, JR Cigars never seemed to have the type/size that I wanted. They both have the Onyx Reserve Churchill (7x50), or my regular one, the No. 2 Belicoso (7x52) which was harder to find. There seems to be a big price difference now ($59.95/$105.00) but I don't remember there being that much of a difference in price years ago.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2008, 06:35 PM

I think Winstons would be a better bet. Don't you think? :texan:

SicEmBaylor
2/16/2008, 06:36 PM
I ordered from Thompson in the past, JR Cigars never seemed to have the type/size that I wanted. They both have the Onyx Reserve Churchill (7x50), or my regular one, the No. 2 Belicoso (7x52) which was harder to find. There seems to be a big price difference now ($59.95/$105.00) but I don't remember there being that much of a difference in price years ago.

Man, I can't smoke Onyx. They knock me flat on my back.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2008, 06:42 PM
I used CigarBid a few years back. Got a few good deals out of it.

I'd recommend jrcigars, too.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 07:34 PM

Nah, this is a special occasion. Maybe Pall Malls.

phead903
2/17/2008, 03:57 PM
Nah, this is a special occasion. Maybe Pall Malls.

Come on, Harry!

Swisher Sweets!!!!

SicEmBaylor
2/17/2008, 04:02 PM
Come on, Harry!

Swisher Sweets!!!!

:shudder:

I normally wouldn't touch a machine-made cigar with a 10' pole, but there is ONE machine made cigar worth smoking as a yard 'gar or something of that nature. It's really not too bad, but you can only buy them in Texas.

Travis Club Senators.

I'd say it's as good as some of the cheapest hand-made bundles.