PDA

View Full Version : I messed up

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:23 AM
trying to pay a bill online, it was supposed to be $109.92. I accidentally paid $10,992.00. I DON'T KNIOW HOW TO UNDO IT and the billing center is closed. it won't go thru until tuesday, but i don't have $10K in my bank account. **** **** **** **** ****!

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 10:24 AM
Call the bank.

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:25 AM
on hold now waiting for a rep to answer. holy hell.

luckily it won't put a hold on my account until tuesday. I hope. they have to be able to cancel it right? someone, right? the bank or the company?

sanantoniosooner
2/16/2008, 10:26 AM
I'll bust my piggy bank open if you need a loan.

King Crimson
2/16/2008, 10:26 AM
that's better than *having* 10,992 and paying it. my credit card on-line stuff has a review of pending transaction tab where you can cancel or edit. you might look for something like that.

it's an honest mistake. call someone on Monday AM, they'll fix it up (most likely).

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:32 AM
i put a stop payment on that amount with my bank and I also deleted my checking account from the electric company...it was my stupid electric bill.

it hasn't put a hold on my account, so i'm hoping it won't...that there's a delay til the next business day. don't know if the electric company is open on monday or not, but I will be calling them first thing monday morning.

Harry Beanbag
2/16/2008, 10:34 AM
that's better than *having* 10,992 and paying it.

On the bright side, she wouldn't have to worry about an electric bill for a few years. :)

Flagstaffsooner
2/16/2008, 10:45 AM
On the bright side, she wouldn't have to worry about an electric bill for a few years. :)I put my house payment check in my OKC water bill envelope one time. Damn thing went through and I didnt pay a water bill for years.

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 10:59 AM
just goes to show the bank people don't pay attention as much as they should.

Scott D
2/16/2008, 11:10 AM
I guess I'm spoiled now with the hours of utility companies up here. Most do like 8-8 M-F and 8-12 or 1 on Saturday

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 11:41 AM
No stop pay.....you should easily be able to change a pending payment. Which bank are you using?

Newbomb Turk
2/16/2008, 11:47 AM
Which bank are you using?
probably one that's closed on Monday.

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 11:47 AM
Doesn't matter, you can change it online. I can anyway.

Newbomb Turk
2/16/2008, 11:50 AM
Doesn't matter, you can change it online. I can anyway.

yeah, but you're "special".

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 12:33 PM
No stop pay.....you should easily be able to change a pending payment. Which bank are you using?

Wellll?

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 12:50 PM
bank of america. i already put a stop payment on it.

proud gonzo
2/16/2008, 12:59 PM
just goes to show the bank people don't pay attention as much as they should.man, i hate bank of america. I opened a savings account with them about a year ago. I had about $1900 to open the account, and the dude said he'd put it in an account with no minimum balance, no fees, etc. etc. In december I looked at my balance (which I only usually check a couple of times a year on a savings account) and realized they'd been taking out a $20 monthly maintainance fee.

I went to the bank and complained and they said "oh, he put you in an account with a minimum balance of $5000." They refunded the money back for 3 months but said they couldn't go back any further than that and that I should have caught it sooner. Even though it was their mistake.

A month later, i check my balance again and it was STILL taking out money. I went back to the bank and made them fix it again, and told the bank manager if anything like that happens again i'm just closing my account. I opened that account so i could do the keep the change thing and save up some extra money, and so far I'm out $120. I absolutely despise bank of america now.

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 12:59 PM
bank of america. i already put a stop payment on it.

They'll probably charge you for that.

For future reference, click Bill Pay and ebills, Payments, then view/edit on the payment you wish to change. You can edit the amount, date or cancel the payment entirely.

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 01:04 PM
They'll probably charge you for that.

For future reference, click Bill Pay and ebills, Payments, then view/edit on the payment you wish to change. You can edit the amount, date or cancel the payment entirely.

i made the payment thru the electric company website, not with the bank, but yeah, i'll start using their service instead of thru the OGE. and they didn't charge me a fee for the stop payment, they waived it - but i'd still pay it if I had to. i've had accounts there since it was Boatmen's bank here - about 15 years.

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 01:05 PM
Ohhhh, you paid at the vendor site, I see. Not sure about editing those. :D

soonerbrat
2/16/2008, 01:07 PM
i can't edit it. there's no going back.

dolemitesooner
2/17/2008, 02:13 PM
man, i hate bank of america. I opened a savings account with them about a year ago. I had about $1900 to open the account, and the dude said he'd put it in an account with no minimum balance, no fees, etc. etc. In december I looked at my balance (which I only usually check a couple of times a year on a savings account) and realized they'd been taking out a $20 monthly maintainance fee.

I went to the bank and complained and they said "oh, he put you in an account with a minimum balance of $5000." They refunded the money back for 3 months but said they couldn't go back any further than that and that I should have caught it sooner. Even though it was their mistake.

A month later, i check my balance again and it was STILL taking out money. I went back to the bank and made them fix it again, and told the bank manager if anything like that happens again i'm just closing my account. I opened that account so i could do the keep the change thing and save up some extra money, and so far I'm out $120. I absolutely despise bank of america now.I ****ing hate them too. I closed my account.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 02:15 PM
Citizen's Bank in Ardmore is the best. Seriously.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/17/2008, 06:46 PM
man, i hate bank of america. ...I opened that account so i could do the keep the change thing and save up some extra money, and so far I'm out $120. I absolutely despise bank of america now.

Yeah, you bought into the hype, they knew they would make money on the fees...

I have a change thing account, its called an old coffee tin (actually plastic) and I take all my change home and throw it in there. about once a quarter I go to the Credit Union and use their free change machine and then deposit the change into my savings account. Probably have saved about $5000 or more since I've been doing that. We never use change any more, always pay will paper money and keep the change.

Viking Kitten
2/17/2008, 06:53 PM
On a similar note, I tried to nuke a burrito today for 45 seconds and realized after it 'sploded all over the microwave I had actually set it for 45 minutes. GOLDARNED DECIMAL POINTS!!!

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2008, 07:16 PM
Citizen's Bank in Edmond is the best. Seriously.

Yep.

I do most of my banking at BoA, though. I've been with them since they were Founders. :eek:

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2008, 07:48 PM
There is no bank in existence worse than Wells Fargo.

proud gonzo
2/17/2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah, you bought into the hype, they knew they would make money on the fees...

I have a change thing account, its called an old coffee tin (actually plastic) and I take all my change home and throw it in there. about once a quarter I go to the Credit Union and use their free change machine and then deposit the change into my savings account. Probably have saved about $5000 or more since I've been doing that. We never use change any more, always pay will paper money and keep the change.I didn't buy into any hype. It was a fee charged because they opened a savings account for me that had a minimum balance that was $3000 more than I had. IMO, somebody at the bank should have REALIZED that. :mad: nothing to do with their keep the change program

soonerbrat
2/17/2008, 08:30 PM
they put you either in a Money Market account or an advantage account, PG. they have a new deal for students with no fees, that's what my son uses.

proud gonzo
2/17/2008, 08:45 PM
they put you either in a Money Market account or an advantage account, PG. they have a new deal for students with no fees, that's what my son uses.yeah, that's what they were supposed to put it in originally, but the guy at the bank ****ed up.

Blue
2/17/2008, 09:12 PM
yippy.
skippy.

OCUDad
2/17/2008, 09:19 PM
yippy.
skippy.Go back to watching NASCAR, you tool. :D

Blue
2/17/2008, 09:23 PM
Just thought I'd contribute a meaningless post in a thread of no interest for fun. 1 star.

soonerboomer93
2/17/2008, 10:58 PM
man, i hate bank of america. I opened a savings account with them about a year ago. I had about $1900 to open the account, and the dude said he'd put it in an account with no minimum balance, no fees, etc. etc. In december I looked at my balance (which I only usually check a couple of times a year on a savings account) and realized they'd been taking out a $20 monthly maintainance fee.

A month later, i check my balance again and it was STILL taking out money. I went back to the bank and made them fix it again, and told the bank manager if anything like that happens again i'm just closing my account. I opened that account so i could do the keep the change thing and save up some extra money, and so far I'm out $120. I absolutely despise bank of america now.

ING orange account

ywia

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 11:00 PM
I had an Orange account until I opened a checking account that pays more interest than ING does.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 11:02 PM
and don't let Brat lie to you guys, she works for an oil company. They pay their janitors $75,000 a year.

;)

soonerbrat
2/17/2008, 11:07 PM
and don't let Brat lie to you guys, she works for an oil company. They pay their janitors $75,000 a year.

;)

lie? i only had $9100 in my account.

OUWxGuesser
2/17/2008, 11:26 PM
man, i hate bank of america.

Amen, we closed our account when we moved to ND and we kept getting notices every month that there were outstanding balances on our account for fees. We called them up to tell them this account has long been canceled and they acted like they were being God's gift to mankind by canceling the fees for said closed account (and closing it for real for real???). It took several phone calls over a few month span to get that crap taken care of.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 09:19 AM
yay! the electric company deleted that payment. whew.

King Crimson
2/18/2008, 09:20 AM
that must be a relief.

jeremy885
2/18/2008, 09:45 AM
just goes to show the bank people don't pay attention as much as they should.

So the screen after you submit the payment showing what you entered and asking you if it's correct is the bank not paying attention? Srsly, canceling or editing payments with BOA's online bill pay is the easiest thing I've seen on a banking website.

colleyvillesooner
2/18/2008, 09:54 AM
Yes it is, but she was using the Electric Companies site...

She was referencing Flagstaff's post about the water company cashing his house payment check.

jeremy885
2/18/2008, 09:57 AM
Why must you point out that I can't read :(

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 10:05 AM
So the screen after you submit the payment showing what you entered and asking you if it's correct is the bank not paying attention? Srsly, canceling or editing payments with BOA's online bill pay is the easiest thing I've seen on a banking website.

i didn't use BOA's bill pay. I used OG&E's website. I won't make that mistake again!

jeremy885
2/18/2008, 10:07 AM
Why must you point out that I can't read :(

x2

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 10:12 AM
because you patronized me about how easy it was to use BOA's online bill pay and implied that I must be dumber than a monkey because I couldn't do it.

OCUDad
2/18/2008, 10:21 AM
Zang.

OUDoc
2/18/2008, 10:42 AM
Now your bill is past due.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 10:55 AM
Now your bill is past due.

no, it's not due until February 29.
I added it to my bill pay on BOA and made the payment there.

proud gonzo
2/18/2008, 12:58 PM
yay! the electric company deleted that payment. whew.awesome

SoonerJack
2/18/2008, 02:07 PM
This has been a good learning experience for us all, Soonerbrat. Proofreading, decimal points [vk] and utility company websites must be given their due respect.

One time I paid the mortgage online only to learn that my wife had set it for automatic withdrawal like the week before. Oops.

Viking Kitten
2/18/2008, 02:25 PM
Effing decimal points. I really wanted that burrito too. I was tempted to lick the goo off the inside of the door.

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2008, 02:28 PM
How's everyone's experience with BofA billpay, anyhow? I always bank with my employer and use their billpay, but I hear good things about BofA's website. Anything they do that's pretty awesome that I can pass along to our guys for implementation?

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 02:46 PM
How's everyone's experience with BofA billpay, anyhow? I always bank with my employer and use their billpay, but I hear good things about BofA's website. Anything they do that's pretty awesome that I can pass along to our guys for implementation?

all i know is...you tell it to pay, and they mail a check to whomever you owe money. you can even transfer money to another BOA customer (even if they are not on your account)

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2008, 02:58 PM
OK, we've got that. :D

Sooner_Bob
2/18/2008, 03:00 PM
On a similar note, I tried to nuke a burrito today for 45 seconds and realized after it 'sploded all over the microwave I had actually set it for 45 minutes. GOLDARNED DECIMAL POINTS!!!

So'd you get busy and forget about lunch or something?;)

sooner_born_1960
2/18/2008, 03:01 PM
Mike, why would your credit union go to all the trouble of setting things up where your customers could transfer to BoA customers?