PDA

View Full Version : Former Horn in trouble again

Leroy Lizard
2/15/2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/gen/ap/FBO_Taylor_Sentenced.html

"I'd rather be a role model and put God first in my life," Taylor said. "I lost God when I went to college and stopped going to church."

Curly Bill
2/15/2008, 10:52 PM
The role model boat may have already sailed.

soonerinabilene
2/15/2008, 10:53 PM
I dont understand how someone with that much talent can throw their life away because of weed.

Curly Bill
2/15/2008, 10:54 PM
I dont understand how someone with that much talent can throw their life away because of weed.

Maybe Ricky Williams is his personal role model. :D

JLEW1818
2/15/2008, 10:55 PM
What a Joke!

goingoneight
2/15/2008, 11:24 PM
I kinda wish he returned now... :D He would have won the Fulmer Cup for them for sure.

SOONER STEAKER
2/15/2008, 11:31 PM
Now you know why we call them the Bong-horns. :eek:

SbOrOiNaEnR
2/16/2008, 01:22 PM
I've hated this guy ever since he scored a touchdown and walked over to the Pride during the '05 RRS and started conducting us :mad: Good riddance. One less gas station attendant to worry about.

Flagstaffsooner
2/16/2008, 03:36 PM
The ut wing at Huntsville. They paint the doors that color to further demoralize them.
http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0702/supermax_0205.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 06:31 PM
He lost God? Is He hiding?

MojoRisen
2/16/2008, 07:50 PM
The kid needs to learn how to get with the program- did he think they were kiding with his suspended sentence???? plus he has had multiple probation violations- 5 months he gets out in 2.5 just in time for mini camp...

Lot's of people would have already been in jail for 5 pounds of weed. I feel for him a bit because he was so talented but - he is not above anyone else and probably got off easy givin his previous violations -

Leroy Lizard
2/17/2008, 02:30 AM
Actually, I feel more sorry for those that land in trouble that have no talents.

Jacie
2/17/2008, 10:57 AM
It's official, saxet is a Godless place and is what led an otherwise church-going, God-fearing, always-did-what-his-momma-said kinda boy to turn to the darkside.

Taylor said. "I lost God when I went to college and stopped going to church."

On a related note, here is an interesting post about Ramonce that says a lot about the holier-than-thou types that claim allegiance to a university south of Norman, which as an institution is touted as being so much better than the University of Oklahoma.

Tom Wingo
500+ posts
02/16/08 04:43 PM
Re: Ramonce Sent to Jail for Shock Probation [re: TheTresLeches]

He runs fast with a football. That's well-documented.
The problem is, Ramonce came to Texas under a huge cloud of suspicion regarding his character and his academic qualifications. He wasn't getting "a second chance", he was getting a fifth or sixth chance.
I know more than I should because I was an English teacher at his high school at the time, but the recruitment of Ramonce convinced me of two things:
1) We are a football factory, not a program that wants to win with good kids who graduate. And I'm OK with that, as long as Mack stops with the hypocrisy and the "Gosh, I'm stunned this could happen" crap when a slew of arrests a la last summer happens.
2) I was surprised we were able to gain two seasons of eligibility out of him. (It saddened me to see h.s. administrators running around trying to find his core class teachers to sign affidavits for The College Board on his behalf, especially when they had already forged his grades on many occasions and had still been subjected to his excessive truancy or his simply sleeping through class when he did show up. But hey, that's all part of the game, right?) This also means the academic advisors and tutors in Bellmont are doing an exceptional job.

47straight
2/17/2008, 10:02 PM
I think most fans of most programs (except Miami) hope their program doesn't engage in what you've described.

Half a Hundred
2/18/2008, 04:01 AM
(Former) Horn in trouble again

Sky is blue.
Water is wet.

jackal42601
2/18/2008, 08:53 AM
It's official, saxet is a Godless place and is what led an otherwise church-going, God-fearing, always-did-what-his-momma-said kinda boy to turn to the darkside.

Taylor said. "I lost God when I went to college and stopped going to church."

On a related note, here is an interesting post about Ramonce that says a lot about the holier-than-thou types that claim allegiance to a university south of Norman, which as an institution is touted as being so much better than the University of Oklahoma.

Tom Wingo
500+ posts
02/16/08 04:43 PM
Re: Ramonce Sent to Jail for Shock Probation [re: TheTresLeches]

He runs fast with a football. That's well-documented.
The problem is, Ramonce came to Texas under a huge cloud of suspicion regarding his character and his academic qualifications. He wasn't getting "a second chance", he was getting a fifth or sixth chance.
I know more than I should because I was an English teacher at his high school at the time, but the recruitment of Ramonce convinced me of two things:
1) We are a football factory, not a program that wants to win with good kids who graduate. And I'm OK with that, as long as Mack stops with the hypocrisy and the "Gosh, I'm stunned this could happen" crap when a slew of arrests a la last summer happens.
2) I was surprised we were able to gain two seasons of eligibility out of him. (It saddened me to see h.s. administrators running around trying to find his core class teachers to sign affidavits for The College Board on his behalf, especially when they had already forged his grades on many occasions and had still been subjected to his excessive truancy or his simply sleeping through class when he did show up. But hey, that's all part of the game, right?) This also means the academic advisors and tutors in Bellmont are doing an exceptional job.

Jacie, I know exactly what your talking about being from Temple myself and having a brother that works as a teacher at Belton High School, RT is a pure example of you can take boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy. As for the grades and signing affidavits I can say it's all TRUE and there's definetly more to RT but I'm not going to sit here and bash, the kids got major probs and one hell of an ego.

But I can tell yall that he has had his *** kicked around town more than once, a couple of teens worked him over when he tryed to crawfish while shooting dice over in the projects. An being I work for Budweiser I hang with a lot of party animals and a couple of them know RT as well and saw him get his *** handed to him in some knight club in killeen,tx right after the first Rose Bowl win.