PDA

View Full Version : Gore, Oklahoma 2008 :D

soonerhubs
2/15/2008, 10:36 PM
Trout Capital of the world?
Population 790?
Home of the Pirates, Rainbow Mart, and Gateway to the south end of Lake Tenkiller.
I grew up in this area. Anyone else ever been around these parts?

It'd be a great place to live if there were any real employers in the area.

Mjcpr
2/15/2008, 10:38 PM
I have, lots of times. My MIL lives near there and so does my boat. :D

Sadly, the only golf course closed not too long ago.

soonerhubs
2/15/2008, 10:41 PM
I have, lots of times. My MIL lives near there and so does my boat. :D

Sadly, the only golf course closed not too long ago.
East Lake Hills is no more? :mad:

Mjcpr
2/15/2008, 10:46 PM
East Lake Hills/Tenkiller Golf Club = Closed

Last I heard they hoped to open it again in the spring if they can find some sucker to buy it. I'm not holding my breath.

Widescreen
2/15/2008, 11:55 PM
I always go to their supermarket to get fishing tackle before I head up to Greenleaf.

sooneron
2/16/2008, 12:02 AM
Well played Hubler, well played.

OU-HSV
2/16/2008, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a hoppin' place. I fish for my trout in Arkiesaw and Missouri. Never tried Tenkiller.

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds like a hoppin' place. I fish for my trout in Arkiesaw and Missouri. Never trie Tenkiller.

I think it is the lower Illinois River.

soonerhubs
2/16/2008, 01:38 PM
I think it is the lower Illinois River.
That's correct. Trout and Striper to boot.

setem
2/16/2008, 01:49 PM
I would not go as far as to say that Gore is the Trout Capital of the World. It it certainly the Trout Capital of Oklahoma. Bull Shoals, Arkansas has way more trout fishing than Gore.

I looked it up and Gore has been tabbed the Brown Trout Capital of the World...Patagonia, Chile has that same title too!

Mixer!
2/16/2008, 01:56 PM
There's a Kilgore Trout joke in here somewhere, but it's lunch time.

OU-HSV
2/16/2008, 01:56 PM
Isn't that the area that has the chicken **** in it?
I mean we used to float the Illinois, but I don't anymore becuase the cops/rangers and camp facilities are scandalous pricks there and because of the chicken ****.

Flagstaffsooner
2/16/2008, 01:58 PM
That's correct. Trout and Striper to boot.And that Mormon underware keeps you warm in your waders!;)

OU-HSV
2/16/2008, 02:01 PM
That's correct. Trout and Striper to boot.
I fish for Striper on Lake Ouachita, outside of Hot Springs. That's where the big stripers are. In fact, I booked a guide last night for me and some buddies for a weekend in a couple months. Can't wait. I'll take and post some pics on here if we land some big fish.

SleestakSooner
2/16/2008, 02:08 PM
Lake Tenkiller was the site of my first attempt at waterskiing. I learned the importance of letting go of the rope when the skis go out from under you that day! We also did some serious striper trolling that weekend and man that is one fun way to fish :)

2/16/2008, 02:30 PM
I always thought "Tenkiller" would be a kick-*** name for a band.

2/16/2008, 02:31 PM
A band with lots of hair.

soonerhubs
2/16/2008, 10:12 PM
And that Mormon underware keeps you warm in your waders!;)
Ah, but long johns are an added bonus.

soonerhubs
2/16/2008, 10:15 PM
Lake Tenkiller was the site of my first attempt at waterskiing. I learned the importance of letting go of the rope when the skis go out from under you that day! We also did some serious striper trolling that weekend and man that is one fun way to fish :)
As a teenager, we would go cliff jumping on the Eastern Shore all the time. Unfortunately that area is now developed, but we certainly made memories there.

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 10:50 PM
There are still cliffs but they're all officially closed and fenced off because of the dying people.

There are some up the lake that most reach by boat, the water there is plenty deep. I've jumped off of them a couple of times but I always wonder why later since it's so ignant. :D

RADsooner
2/17/2008, 01:39 AM
There are still cliffs but they're all officially closed and fenced off because of the dying people.

There are some up the lake that most reach by boat, the water there is plenty deep. I've jumped off of them a couple of times but I always wonder why later since it's so ignant. :D

some of them you have time to ponder that on the way down...........:eek: