PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a suit?

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 05:25 PM
I need to buy a new suit but I don't know where to buy one other than Dilliard's or Jos. A Bank.

Are the suits at Jos. A Bank OK? I don't need to spend $2,000 on a Lid suit as my stunning natural beauty will make anything I wear look great.

TIA, beyonces

royalfan5
2/15/2008, 05:27 PM
I've been pretty happy with the suit I got at Dillard's, unless I bought it at Younker's. I really don't remember.

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2008, 05:27 PM
Jos. A. Bank is pretty decent.

Try www.ctshirts.com as well. I've never bought a suit from them, but their shirts are top-notch.

Blue
2/15/2008, 05:31 PM
I got one at Banana Republic. I like it. 300 or so.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2008, 05:37 PM
mens wearhouse

HskrGrl
2/15/2008, 05:37 PM
Goodwill

stoops the eternal pimp
2/15/2008, 05:39 PM
SA thrift store may have a nice double knit polyester

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2008, 05:39 PM
How much ARE you looking to spend?

You can probably get a pretty nice suit for around $600 at a local haberdasher. You can also get a decent suit for much less elsewhere.

HskrGrl
2/15/2008, 05:40 PM
If you get it from Goodwill you will find out how much of that "stunning natural beauty" you really have.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 05:48 PM
Jos. A Bank has a sale for 250 a suit or two for 400.

I feel like a Mongo when I type Jos. A Bank

soonerinabilene
2/15/2008, 06:01 PM
If you are on a budget, go steinmart if you have one around you.

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2008, 06:03 PM
Jos. A Bank has a sale for 250 a suit or two for 400.

I feel like a Mongo when I type Jos. A Bank

Dang. I may need to hop on that deal.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 06:04 PM
If you get it from Goodwill you will find out how much of that "stunning natural beauty" you really have.
I can send pics if ya want some. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/15/2008, 06:07 PM
http://www.hfmgv.org/exhibits/pic/2004/leisure/outfitentire_sm.jpg

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2008, 06:09 PM
Dang. I'm a fat piece of dung.

SOONER STEAKER
2/15/2008, 06:10 PM
Can't beat North Pole City for a good Santa suit.

Mongo
2/15/2008, 06:11 PM
Lane Bryant for you 1TC, get yourself a nice pants suit

Frozen Sooner
2/15/2008, 06:25 PM
You know, I always chuckle when I pull a credit report and someone has both a Lane Bryant and a Victoria's Secret card.

Mongo
2/15/2008, 06:26 PM
you get there didjits and call them, dont you?

SoonerInKCMO
2/15/2008, 06:26 PM
:les: Fat chicks can be sexy too!

Newbomb Turk
2/15/2008, 06:27 PM
You know, I always chuckle when I pull a credit report and someone has both a Lane Bryant and a Victoria's Secret card.

1TC likes to wear sexy undies - so Mongo tells me.

SteelClip49
2/15/2008, 06:30 PM
3 top quality stores to get a suit would be...

Mr. Ooley's- Penn Square
Bachrach- Penn Square
Harold's- 50 Penn Place

OUAndy1807
2/15/2008, 06:35 PM
Dillards is also having a sale on suits/sportcoats right now.

olevetonahill
2/15/2008, 06:49 PM
Bro
We need to Know why You need a suit, Befor we give Ya advice .
Like If ya gonna die and Just need somthin to be Buried In / Goodwill or SA will do.
Hell when they plant me I dont care what Im wearing , Cause I aint gonna have to see me . All the other folks will ;)

phead903
2/15/2008, 06:54 PM
I used to get suits at Harold's when I lived in Tulsa - they would have a "Moonlight Madness" sale a couple of times a year and you could get real good deals. Usually 1/2 off or less.

MamaMia
2/15/2008, 06:54 PM
This is a question for Lid. :)

olevetonahill
2/15/2008, 06:56 PM
This is a question for Lid. :)
No Mom this is 1TC askin , Not Sicem .

HskrGrl
2/15/2008, 07:56 PM
I can send pics if ya want some. ;)

Oh honey I've already seen you without any pants on. :D

olevetonahill
2/15/2008, 08:22 PM
Oh honey I've already seen you without any pants on. :D

So ya sayin you called Him Barbie ?

GottaHavePride
2/15/2008, 09:17 PM
mens wearhouse

Their service is very good.

Just really inspect whatever you're planning to buy. Not that anything I've ever bought there has been crap, but it seems like every item I have bought there has a small defect somewhere.

I think they keep prices low by selling "slightly irregular" items. Nothing major; stuff like bad stitching on a seam, or something.

bluedogok
2/15/2008, 09:18 PM
If you are on a budget, go steinmart if you have one around you.
If you are looking for a decent bargain suit, Stein Mart can have some nice ones and Burlington Coat Factory can have some as well. For a little more, Dillard's is a good place and Harold's can have some deals if you catch a sale as phead posted.

If you are close to DFW, Sym's (http://www.syms.com/location_result.asp?state=tx) has a great selection of suits including hard to find sizes, they have locations in Hurst and Plano. I have also found some good deals at the Dillard's Clearance Center at Six Flads Mall in Arlington.

Whet
2/15/2008, 09:46 PM
Does Walmart have suits?

Curly Bill
2/15/2008, 09:47 PM
Does Walmart have suits?

Prolly have to go to Target for somethin like that. ;)

bluedogok
2/15/2008, 09:52 PM
JC Penney and Sears have suits, not sure if Wal-Mart or target have them.

OCUDad
2/15/2008, 10:38 PM
If you're considering Jos. A. Bank, take a look at Paul Fredrick, too.

GottaHavePride
2/15/2008, 11:10 PM

Whatshername, Miss Kansas 2006 does tv ads for the goodwill stores up here. I don't know how natural it is, but she's pretty hawt.

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2008, 11:13 PM
go to brooks brothers at the galleria, you can "look" at slacks that run a thousand bucks

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 11:16 PM
I'm all natural. 100%

And thanks everybody for the advice. I just need a new suit for weddings and such. The guys on the rig would make fun of me if I wore a suit to work ;)

Mjcpr
2/15/2008, 11:17 PM
Just get yourself a nice dickie.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 11:17 PM
go to brooks brothers at the galleria, you can "look" at slacks that run a thousand bucks
I wish I knew of a place on the internet where I could buy expensive Italian slacks for cheap.

Are you serious about slacks that cost $1,000?

jk the sooner fan
2/15/2008, 11:19 PM
I wish I knew of a place on the internet where I could buy expensive Italian slacks for cheap.

Are you serious about slacks that cost $1,000?

serious as a cadillac arrest

olevetonahill
2/15/2008, 11:25 PM
I'm all natural. 100%

And thanks everybody for the advice. I just need a new suit for weddings and such. The guys on the rig would make fun of me if I wore a suit to work ;)
Bro Ill make fun of you fer wearin a suit to your Grave !
Just sayin

GottaHavePride
2/15/2008, 11:38 PM
OK, the website isn't so great, but if you want totally tailored stuff for cheep, try http://www.ravistailor.com/

They're based in Thailand. If you're careful and send them very good measurements, they will make clothes that fit really well. I had them make a few tuxedo shirts for me because the ones I was special-ordering from tuxedo shops cost twice as much and were made half as well. The ones they made fit perfectly and look like they should cost a LOT more than they did.

sooneron
2/16/2008, 12:00 AM
Bachrach? Uh, unless it's 1988 again, no.

If you are still in Ardmore, go to Dallas. How soon do you need it? If it can wait , the big Dept stores (the good ones) have sales in the summer around July. You can also get more of a winter weight suit right now for cheap- $400 at a place like Saks. You better hurry though. Always inspect the suit's construction. Don't just look for a pretty color or fabric that feels neat. Look at how it hangs - the better the suit, the more solid it appears to be. Too bad you hillbillies don't have Syms or Century 21, they are teh win for dress clothes.

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2008, 12:04 AM
Centyry 21 be sellin' houses 'round these parts. ;)

My cousin is getting married in late April and I'm tired of the suit I currently have and it doesn't fit well anymore.

sooneron
2/16/2008, 12:12 AM
I would hit Dallas and look for the deals at the better spots. The Nordstrom at the Galleria is a boutique store ( means they carry some higher end stuff). I would try that.

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2008, 12:13 AM
thanks

Whet
2/16/2008, 12:20 AM
Try Nordstroms - you can order from their website:
Nordstrom.com (http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2385368/0~2376777~2374609~2385368?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=leftnav&pbo=2374609)

They are fairly reasonably priced, as well.

Chuck Bao
2/16/2008, 12:28 AM
My tailor - Perry's on Silom Rd., is the best I've found in Thailand. They're not cheap but they're very good - like for movie stars and politicians and ****. They've made all of my suits, shirts, trousers, shorts for more than 10 years. They use a very light-weight sheer wool for the suits that holds up very well, doesn't wrinkle and looks very good. They know that fashion stuff too. I've got to go there today to get a suit and shirts and trousers made.

1stTimeCaller
2/16/2008, 12:30 AM
that's racist saying that just because they are Taiwainese or wherever you live, they make clothing.

shame shame shame on you

Mjcpr
2/16/2008, 12:33 AM
My tailor is the best I've found in Thailand. They're not cheap but they're very good - like for movie stars and politicians and ****. They've made all of my suits, shirts, trousers, shorts for more than 10 years. They use a very light-weight sheer wool for the suits that holds up very well, doesn't wrinkle and looks very good. They know that fashion stuff too. I've got to go there today to get a suit and shirts and trousers made.

Yeah, but you're living in the mother lode of tailors. That'd be like saying you found a great accountant while living in Tel Aviv.

;)

Chuck Bao
2/16/2008, 12:49 AM
Forget that they probably use child labor to make the stuff, they import only Savile Road quality wool fabric from Scotland.

SteelClip49
2/16/2008, 03:09 AM
listen sooneron, I have dealt with your mess before and you do not want to be dissin Bachrach...one of the best, in style mens clothing stores around for casual and formal wear. It will never die as it keeps on rolling with new looks and fashions.

BigRedJed
2/16/2008, 03:26 AM
If you're looking for a local place in OKC, Israel's Fine Menswear in 50 Penn is a custom tailor with a national reputation. A bit pricey. Lots of high-end business including NBA players, and not just Hornets players.

A good local place for off-the-rack, but better than a department store, is the Pinpoint Resource, across Penn from Penn Sqare Mall.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2008, 03:53 AM
The BrooksEase (travel) line at Brooks Brothers is pretty reasonable: 420 for the jacket & 178 for the slacks. They're all wrinkle resistanty and work for year-round.

Regardless, take care of whatever suit you buy and it should last you. Get a good wooden suit hanger. Definately worth the investment.

Okla-homey
2/16/2008, 07:18 AM
I need to buy a new suit but I don't know where to buy one other than Dilliard's or Jos. A Bank.

Are the suits at Jos. A Bank OK? I don't need to spend $2,000 on a Lid suit as my stunning natural beauty will make anything I wear look great.

TIA, beyonces

Okay. bear with me. Right there in Ardmore, there is a place on the west side of town on W. Broadway in Tiffany Plaza called "Wall's Bargain Center." Its one of those places that buys inventory when stores go belly up.

Now, they have a LOT of junk, but if you dig through the racks, you can often find great stuff amid the schlock.

Example, last year, while in Ardmore visiting my ma, I scored a very nice high end "Hart, Schaffner and Marx" suit (their "Golden Trumpeter" line) for about 120 bucks. In Dillards, the same suit runs for about $800.00.

The year before, I scored a "Ralph Lauren" purple label suit for about $150.00. It's a 1200 buck suit.

Soooo, ride over there and check it out.

BigRedJed
2/16/2008, 10:53 AM
...The year before, I scored a purple suit for about $150.00. It's a 1200 buck suit...

Yeah, me too. I got one for that awesome Vespa competition I went to. We later ate burgerpipes until we threw up and played D&D all night. I love Hinder, btw.

King Crimson
2/16/2008, 10:55 AM
what about a brown corduroy suit? i'd like one of those.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/16/2008, 10:57 AM
:les: HOMEY'S A PIMP!!!

2 of us on one board. I had no idea

Okla-homey
2/16/2008, 01:28 PM
:les: HOMEY'S A PIMP!!!

nope. but look, would you feel you had a decent lawyer if he wore a cheap suit?;)

A judge I greatly admire once told me, "son, you can always tell how well a lawyer is doing by his clothes and his ride."

Frozen Sooner
2/16/2008, 01:32 PM
nope. but look, would you feel you had a decent lawyer if he wore a cheap suit?;)

A judge I greatly admire once told me, "son, you can always tell how well a lawyer is doing by his clothes and his ride."

Alan Dershowitz says "That's kind of silly." ;)

And if I had a lawyer wearing a purple suit, no matter how much it cost I'd be a bit nervous. :D

mdklatt
2/16/2008, 02:18 PM
And if I had a lawyer wearing a purple suit, no matter how much it cost I'd be a bit nervous. :D

Unless you were on trial for pimping.

Okla-homey
2/16/2008, 02:23 PM
Purple label, not a purple suit. sheesh. Only the Joker and pimps wear purple suits.

2/16/2008, 02:51 PM
Off topic... I've always found it strange a man born in Oklahoma would be buried in a suit.

My dad's cousin was buried in a suit. They clasped his hands around his red cap and a pair of overalls.

The thought was nice, but it was still a dead okie in a suit.

My last suit was $800.

And it will be my last suit.

47straight
2/16/2008, 03:00 PM
Firsttime, I buy all my suits and shirts at Jos A Banks. Here's what I know.

All their suits have basically the same cut - so if you know that a particular size of theirs will fit you you can just order from their website.

Their website ALWAYS has sales. I picked up their 1000 dollar suit line for 250 bucks a few months ago. It's a heckuva lot easier than trying to make it out to a store during their special midnight whatever.

Their suits come in several different lines, and the difference is the quality of the wool used. Their super-120's suits are really nice for the sales price.

To me, it's hard to beat in the 300 dollar range of suits. (300 after the half off's you can get all the time), for a younger guy like me is just right. Someday I'll get the tailored this and that.

And whoever said Nordstom's had good deals? What are you high? I just don't make enough jack yet, I guess.

jk the sooner fan
2/16/2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.prisonflicks.com/images/MCVSandersSuit.jpg

NYC Poke
2/16/2008, 04:03 PM
A suit is one of those things that you really get what you pay for. The more expensive suits at Jos. Bank are very nice. The cheap suits are going to look cheap. You would be well served in the long run buy staying in the $600 and up price range if you buy there. You'll probably be wearing the suit for a long time. Be willing to spend a little more to look sharp. Don't get anything under $400 (they have pretty good sales there regularly, though, so you can go lower). It won't wear well and will give you a guidance counselor look.

Materials and craftsmanship are important, but so is fit. Old rich fat guys still look sharp because their clothes are tailor-made. It's not a bad idea to go to the department stores and try on several labels to see what fits you best off the rack, before any alterations. Different designers construct their clothes for different body types (same with shirts). An expensive suit isn't going to look good on you if it doesn't fit you well.

If you're ever in NYC, there are places all over that sell "last year's" suits on the cheap. You can get Boss, Zegna, and HF suits for around $400.

SoonerBOI
2/16/2008, 04:19 PM
IMHO, you can't go wrong with a Brioni. They're timeless and should be part of every man's wardrobe. And the best part is, if you choose the right one for you, yours will last a lifetime.

Boarder
2/16/2008, 05:22 PM
Actually, Wal Mart does have suits.

I'd say Dillards or Bachrach. I actually have a Hugo Boss suit that I bought in Vegas after a great night at craps. I think it was in the $600 range. I now want to go back and punch my former self in the face for doing something like that. But, hey it was The Aladdin's money, not mine. :D

Boarder
2/16/2008, 05:33 PM
Oh, and check this dude's selection out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330211920080

I have bought several suits from him as costume suits. I have a sweet bright red double breasted one that I'm wearing to the next Baylor game I go to. They've always come in super fast. I just have my mom do the hem on the pants and it's good to go.

bluedogok
2/16/2008, 07:05 PM
Purple label, not a purple suit. sheesh. Only the Joker and pimps wear purple suits.
Back in my "slimmer days" I found a nice purple Hugo Boss suit, it looked more like a dark navy blue with a purple tint to it.

Jimminy Crimson
2/16/2008, 08:34 PM
Back in my "slimmer days" I found a nice purple Hugo Boss suit, it looked more like a dark navy blue with a purple tint to it.

Probably a 'midnight blue' suit. Would be a good choice instead of a navy suit. Also, a better color for tuxedos than black, as they look more black [/that's racist!] when compared to a normal black tux.

bluedogok
2/16/2008, 09:04 PM
No, it was more purple-ish, this was around 1988......

Sooner24
2/16/2008, 11:39 PM
Try Noel Datin's at 9 West Main in Ardmore.

Czar Soonerov
2/17/2008, 12:24 AM
•Chess King
•Oak Tree
•Bacharach

;)

Okla-homey
2/17/2008, 07:58 AM
Try Noel Datin's at 9 West Main in Ardmore.

meh. my uncle and aunt own that joint but, let's just say their target sector is the over 70 man.

SteelClip49
2/17/2008, 01:29 PM
Off topic... I've always found it strange a man born in Oklahoma would be buried in a suit.

My dad's cousin was buried in a suit. They clasped his hands around his red cap and a pair of overalls.

My last suit was $800.

Not sure but perhaps, maybe if that person led a good life and smiled when he went away peacefully, perhaps looking nice for heaven is not a bad approach. I want to be buried while wearing a nice suit and my grandfather wants to be as well. Maybe it's just a symbolic thing but hey, everyone has a purpose.

BTW, what does the 12 mean?

Whet
2/17/2008, 01:40 PM
How about here: SUITS FOR DA MAN (http://www.pimpdaddy.com/pimp-suits.html)

http://www.easleys.com/ProductImages/adult_costumes/pimps/BigDaddyPurple1108VEL.jpg

Chuck Bao
2/17/2008, 02:50 PM

My last suit was $800.

That's a very good point. My sister decided to bury my father in denim overalls. He wouldn't have looked right or been dressed right in the hereeverafter in a suit.

I've lived most of my life in a suit. Do I want to be buried in a suit? NO! Some cut-off demins and an OU t-shirt would be fine by me.

Going back to the orignial question, some people can buy off the rack stuff. Some can't. It really depends on whether you can find a great fitting suit and feel good about it.

1stTimeCaller
2/17/2008, 03:01 PM
A judge I greatly admire once told me, "son, you can always tell how much credit a lawyer has by his clothes and his ride."

fixed.

I can't believe Homey is supporting the style above substance lifestyle that is getting the US into such a mess. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
2/17/2008, 04:40 PM
Some cut-off demins and an OU t-shirt would be fine by me.

Wait, you want to be buried in jorts? :confused: :eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
2/17/2008, 06:39 PM
I'd go to Tulsa and go to Brooks Brothers unless they opened one in OKC in the last 18 years.

StoopTroup
2/17/2008, 09:33 PM

Also...if your surgeon is wearing golf cleats when he sees you in his office...

You might want to get a 2nd opinion.

:pop:

I do like the new James Bond (Daniel Craig) suits.

I bet one of those would set you back some serious coin.

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/d/daniel_craig/daniel-craig-bond%20(2).jpg

Viking Kitten
2/17/2008, 09:49 PM

Whatever you say, Huggy Bear.

sooneron
2/17/2008, 09:52 PM
listen sooneron, I have dealt with your mess before and you do not want to be dissin Bachrach...one of the best, in style mens clothing stores around for casual and formal wear. It will never die as it keeps on rolling with new looks and fashions.
my mess? Uh ok. :rolleyes:

You're fugging hilarious. Bachrach. heh keeps on rolling...

TexasLidig8r
2/18/2008, 11:15 AM
How did I miss this thread to begin with... oh. .that work thing.

Anyhoo.... in Plano, they have.. a Nordstrom Rack.

It can be hit or miss, but, I was there yesterday and found a Canali suit, ordinarily $1,800 large for... $400.. and a Zegna, clearance sale priced at $350.00!

For young, cigar holding, band singing lusterers, whipper snappers like you 1TC... Jos A Bank offers good starter quality suits... oh.. be sure to get the half break in the pant leg and I prefer a 1 1/4 inch cuff instead of the larger 1 1/2 inch cuff.

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 11:16 AM
If you're looking for a local place in OKC, Israel's Fine Menswear in 50 Penn is a custom tailor with a national reputation. A bit pricey. Lots of high-end business including NBA players, and not just Hornets players.

A good local place for off-the-rack, but better than a department store, is the Pinpoint Resource, across Penn from Penn Sqare Mall.
Israel is THE MAN. I've gotten a bunch of stuff from him, but all sportswear.

For suits, I use Brenners, here in Tulsa. Sam Brenner has been making suits with H. Freeman for about a brazillion years. One is being altered for me right now. (Can't wait. The Princess picked out the fabric, and it came in needing only to be hemmed). I worked for Sam from high school to late college. He's getting on in years, but still works every day. Great guy.

Also, you can call on Doug Rose. Doug will come to your home or office, and measure you up for whatever clothing is on your mind. Doug has a great sense of color.

And if you're one of the lucky few, you can buy suits off the rack. I can't. Most places don't carry 43's, and if they do, they'll come with a 37 or 38 pant. Tough to take in 4" on a pant. You have to remake the whole leg to do so, if you're doing it right.

sooneron
2/18/2008, 12:29 PM
I prefer a 1 1/4 inch cuff instead of the larger 1 1/2 inch cuff.
But only if they are pleated!!!

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 12:31 PM
I don't mind pleats in plain front pants, either.

If pleats, get reverse box pleats. YWIA.

sooneron
2/18/2008, 12:34 PM
I don't mind pleats in plain front pants, either.

:confused:

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 12:36 PM
oopsie. I don't mind cuffs in plain front pants.

In my opinion, the size of the cuff is greatly determined by the size of the d00d. 1 1/2" cuffs will look more proportionate on a big guy. A guy of average size will do better with 1 1/4 cuffs.

sooneron
2/18/2008, 12:38 PM
oopsie. I don't mind cuffs in plain front pants.

In my opinion, the size of the cuff is greatly determined by the size of the d00d. 1 1/2" cuffs will look more proportionate on a big guy. A guy of average size will do better with 1 1/4 cuffs.
Esquire sez different. My tailor and I tend to agree, but diff'rent strokes...The smaller cuffs kind of remind me too much of the 80's. Maybe I'm thinking <1.25" .

birddog
2/18/2008, 12:44 PM

dude, anyone under 50 buying from bachrach needs to just buy a pair of white dress shoes and move to florida.

sooneron
2/18/2008, 01:30 PM
dude, anyone under 50 buying from bachrach needs to just buy a pair of white dress shoes and move to florida.
inFla is SOOOOOOO gonna neg you!@:D

From my spek re: the bachrach-

'88. that's what i think of too when you say bachrach. i might go there and get a nice turtleneck today. heh.

heh, indeed.
Do they still sell those sweet long sleeved silk shirts?

Robby6pack
2/18/2008, 02:06 PM
Harolds Whorehouse

sooneron
2/18/2008, 03:07 PM
This is a little old, but still applies...

http://www.esquire.com/style/ESQ0305STYLE_92

birddog
2/18/2008, 03:17 PM
inFla is SOOOOOOO gonna neg you!@:D

From my spek re: the bachrach-

heh, indeed.
Do they still sell those sweet long sleeved silk shirts?

yeah, but they only look snazzy if you wear your gold chain on the outside.

achiro
2/18/2008, 03:18 PM
half break in the pant leg
Is this where the cut is slightly longer on the back(against the heel of the shoe) than it is on the front? If so, why only half?

TexasLidig8r
2/18/2008, 03:41 PM
Is this where the cut is slightly longer on the back(against the heel of the shoe) than it is on the front? If so, why only half?

You want 2/3 to 3/4 of your shoe top to show when standing up. A full break tends to cover too much of your shoe top and a "stacking" look can happen. Especially if your trouser leg opening is wide.

With no break, when you sit down, too much of the sock shows.

Jimminy Crimson
2/18/2008, 03:53 PM
Isn't Bachrach where Cliff Huxtable got his sweaters?

soonerboomer93
2/18/2008, 03:54 PM
Don't own a suit, haven't worn one in longer then I can remember, beat the tailors off with sticks when I was in Thailand

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 03:56 PM
That had to hurt.

Mongo
2/18/2008, 03:57 PM
Don't own a suit, haven't worn one in longer then I can remember, beat the tailors off with sticks when I was in Thailand

why didnt you just use your hands?

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 03:57 PM
TOO SLOW!!

Mongo
2/18/2008, 03:58 PM
dang

achiro
2/18/2008, 04:02 PM
BTW, if you are noticing the difference of 1/4" on a guys slack cuff, I would suggest a little less looking at guys and a little more looking at the ladies.;)

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 04:30 PM
BTW, if you are noticing the difference of 1/4" on a guys slack cuff, I would suggest a little less looking at guys and a little more looking at the ladies.;)
You'd notice it, too. You might not immediately recognize why, but the d00d would look... wrong. Makes the pant look heavy. A bit ungraceful.

Same thing as when a tie doesn't quite match or has the wrong knot.

When a young chiro does a manipulation, I might not recognize why it's not as smooth as an experienced adjustment. But you would. Same kind of deal.

TexasLidig8r
2/18/2008, 04:37 PM
You'd notice it, too. You might not immediately recognize why, but the d00d would look... wrong. Makes the pant look heavy. A bit ungraceful.

Same thing as when a tie doesn't quite match or has the wrong knot.

When a young chiro does a manipulation, I might not recognize why it's not as smooth as an experienced adjustment. But you would. Same kind of deal.

You sound almost .. Lid like!!!

Now, when you have your bespoke suit made, do you have "OldNSlo" stitched on the inside placket?

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 04:40 PM
He left out the gay/horn parts, Lid. That's an important distinction.

achiro
2/18/2008, 04:43 PM

Why would it look "wrong" if either way is ok?

Boarder
2/18/2008, 04:43 PM

You're totally breaking the no profanity rule with that one. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/18/2008, 04:56 PM
TOO SLOW!!

His was funnier, though.

BigRedJed
2/18/2008, 04:57 PM
Good point.

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 05:01 PM
Why would it look "wrong" if either way is ok?
Who said either way is okay? I said the 1 1/2 looks okay on a big guy, while most men would want 1 1/4. Now if you just like the way a big cuff looks on you, then knock yo'bad sef out with them anchors.

Chuck Bao
2/18/2008, 05:09 PM

If the tailor shop has touts outside trying to bring in customers, I probably wouldn't want to buy a suit there.

Buying a suit is a bit like buying a prostitute.

Oldnslo
2/18/2008, 05:10 PM

Now, when you have your bespoke suit made, do you have "OldNSlo" stitched on the inside placket?
you buttonhole!

Once, the factory misread the order. That's why I've got a sportcoat custom made for Adam Scott Weintraug.

lotsa laughs. Doug and I have been friends for maybe 25 years.