PDA

View Full Version : So, Boren wrote a book...

OUstudent4life
2/14/2008, 09:18 PM
I really liked his PoliSci class...maybe I'll have to pick it up. I like most of his ideas.

www.alettertoamerica.org

The question...which will sell more total..."A Letter to America" or "The Bootlegger's Boy?":D

Viking Kitten
2/14/2008, 09:28 PM
"A powerful compelling analysis of the major crises facing the United States today."

Biggest crisis in my life is me unable to buy beer at the Fock.

critical_phil
2/14/2008, 09:29 PM
I like most of his ideas.

how about his ideas of how hot your *** looks in those jeans?

OUstudent4life
2/14/2008, 11:43 PM
well, EVERYONE has those ideas...no need for a whole book about them.

NYC Poke
2/15/2008, 02:05 AM
Some DC rag, I want to say The Hill but I can't say for sure, once called Boren The Man in Washington. That same year, they named Don Nichols The Dumbest Man in Washington. We (Oklahoma) had the distinction of having a source I have long forgotten name our senators both The Smartest and the Dumbest Man in Washington.

I met Sen. Nichols once. He just seemed kinda dweeby to me. I have never met Sen. Boren, but I have read it speculated in the past that the only thing that stood between him and the presidency was his looks. Everyone he meets seems to respect him. He's like Bill Clinton without the nose for the strange.

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 02:46 AM
Don Nickles is a really nice guy.

Boren's roadblock to the Presidency is his sexual orientation. Allegedly

NYC Poke
2/15/2008, 02:53 AM
He should have gone for it before the internet spread the code of the foot-tap. Was he not briefed by Al Gore?

1stTimeCaller
2/15/2008, 03:21 AM
I think he wanted to debrief Al Gore. ;)

GottaHavePride
2/15/2008, 10:24 AM
I'd vote for Boren.

I'd certainly take him over any of our current prospective options.