PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Senator Specter

Socrefbek
2/14/2008, 06:03 PM
Is just another bribe taking dirty politician. :mad:

http://deadspin.com/352760/sen-specter-is-hardly-mr-pure-impartial-judgment-guy

NFL Destruction of Spygate Tapes

During the 2007-2008 NFL Season, Senator Specter wrote to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell concerning the destruction of New England Patriots Spygate tapes. Comcast Cable is currently involved in a dispute with the NFL with regard to a cable deal concerning the NFL Network. Arlen Specter has taken $153,600 in campaign contributions from Comcast or those affiliated with Comcast as employees or through its PAC. The only firm which has given more money to Specter is the law firm Blank Rome, LLP, which represents Comcast and which has given Specter $358,453 although the organization itself did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. On February 1, 2008, the commissioner stated that the Tapes were destroyed because "they confirmed what I already knew about the issue and I did not want anymore tapes to be leaked to the media."

Civicus_Sooner
2/14/2008, 06:07 PM
Is just another bribe taking dirty politician. :mad:

http://deadspin.com/352760/sen-specter-is-hardly-mr-pure-impartial-judgment-guy

NFL Destruction of Spygate Tapes

During the 2007-2008 NFL Season, Senator Specter wrote to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell concerning the destruction of New England Patriots Spygate tapes. Comcast Cable is currently involved in a dispute with the NFL with regard to a cable deal concerning the NFL Network. Arlen Specter has taken $153,600 in campaign contributions from Comcast or those affiliated with Comcast as employees or through its PAC. The only firm which has given more money to Specter is the law firm Blank Rome, LLP, which represents Comcast and which has given Specter $358,453 although the organization itself did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. On February 1, 2008, the commissioner stated that the Tapes were destroyed because "they confirmed what I already knew about the issue and I did not want anymore tapes to be leaked to the media."Not bribery by a long shot. Check in with any organization with a PAC and see what happens with their people. Special interest groups make the world go around. Goodell was wrong to destroy the tapes and someone should have called him on it.

RedstickSooner
2/14/2008, 06:24 PM
Er... Comcast bought Specter, then used him to attack the NFL over Tapegate because they, like EVERY SINGLE CABLE PROVIDER IN THE COUNTRY is fighting the NFL over the NFL network?

If true, then I'm pretty sure George Bush Senior killed Kennedy, there's a colony of extraterrestrials partying in Roswell, and Major League Baseball really *is* using its satellite to control my thoughts.

C'mon, man. Cable providers spend a fortune on politicians because they want to make sure Congress rules favorably for them whenever they try to screw the satellite companies. If the cable providers were using their clout to interfere in Tapegate, we'd have dozens of senators & representatives getting involved. They'd be holding hearings on it.

bluedogok
2/14/2008, 08:45 PM
Spector has always been a "tool" of Comcast, nothing new there.

AlbqSooner
2/14/2008, 08:52 PM
Er... Comcast bought Specter, then used him to attack the NFL over Tapegate because they, like EVERY SINGLE CABLE PROVIDER IN THE COUNTRY is fighting the NFL over the NFL network?

If true, then I'm pretty sure George Bush Senior killed Kennedy, there's a colony of extraterrestrials partying in Roswell, and Major League Baseball really *is* using its satellite to control my thoughts.

C'mon, man. Cable providers spend a fortune on politicians because they want to make sure Congress rules favorably for them whenever they try to screw the satellite companies. If the cable providers were using their clout to interfere in Tapegate, we'd have dozens of senators & representatives getting involved. They'd be holding hearings on it.
Be careful if you go to one of their parties. They are smokin some stuff that will put you in orbit. :D