PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sutton and Cowboys do something very cool

Sooner_Bob
2/14/2008, 04:32 PM
I got this in an email from some friends in Aggieville. I don't care who you are, love the Pokes or hate the Pokes, this is really cool.

This past summer, the men’s basketball team visited the St. Francis Pediatric Oncology Unit. While visiting the clinic, the team met a young man by the name of Josh Honeycutt. Josh was courageously battling brain cancer at the young age of 14. The players gathered around Josh, spent some time with him, and took pictures with him (see attached). Coach Sean asked Josh who he wanted the team to beat this year. Josh’s response was “Baylor.” Terrell actually replied, “No problem we can do that for you.”

A few months later, Josh lost his battle and earned his angel wings.

At the Baylor game last night, Josh’s mother, grandmother, aunt, and cousin, were hosted by Bob Funk in the Express Personnel Services Suite. They wanted to attend the game in memory of Josh and cheer the Pokes on to victory just as Josh had requested. With about one minute left in the game, a basketball manager appeared in the suite and requested the family follow her. The family was taken down to the team locker room. Once the players were inside, Coach Sean handed the game ball to Brenda Honeycutt and told her that the team had not forgotten about Josh’s request. They wanted Brenda to have the game ball in Josh’s memory. Each member of the team stood up and introduced themselves. At the count of three, they chanted Josh’s name three times. Each player took turns signing the game ball and hugging members of Josh’s family. It was an amazing scene and one that the Josh’s family will never, ever forget.

Coach Sean, the players, and coaches are amazing individuals who represent OSU with class, character, and integrity. Too many times, the good things they do are overlooked by what the media determines is most newsworthy….These young men deserve the support of OSU fans because of who they are and how they represent OSU, not just for how many games they have won. Please pass this along to all the Cowboy Faithful – and let’s do our part for this team the rest of the season – show up to the games, wear orange, and be loud. They deserve our support.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj281/sooner_bob/GoPokeswithJoshuaHoneycutt.jpg

Boomer.....
2/14/2008, 05:09 PM
Very cool!

stoopified
2/14/2008, 05:45 PM
Very cool.

SoonerBOI
2/14/2008, 06:29 PM
Kudos to coach SS. Must be tough to be in his situation right now...

badger
2/14/2008, 07:22 PM
Good job, Pokes.

<little girl voice>Excuse me, Mr. Capel, sir? I would love it if you boys could beat Texas for me. It would mean a lot.</little girl voice>

sooner518
2/14/2008, 08:42 PM
very cool.

beating Baylor is kind of a strange request. but glad they did it.

Flying Scotsman
2/14/2008, 09:02 PM
Good show and great humanity for a kid!!

OKC-SLC
2/14/2008, 11:48 PM
not bad by the pokes.

Mixer!
2/15/2008, 10:48 AM
If only their fans were as classy.*

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2008, 05:05 PM
Excuse me, Sean, what in the world are you wearing on your feet? Loafer sandals? Leather mandals? :confused:

GrapevineSooner
2/15/2008, 06:11 PM
Good job, Pokes.

Mixer!
2/15/2008, 07:53 PM
Excuse me, Sean, what in the world are you wearing on your feet? Loafer sandals? Leather mandals? :confused:
Light the Lid signal. :D