PDA

View Full Version : My Dog died today

Shneeg11
2/14/2008, 03:47 PM
He thought he was a puppy his entire life. He was relatively young for a miniature schnauzer at ten years old. The cutest dog in the world, always slept on his back. He had a terrible under bite that made it look as if he was smiling. He fell asleep on his back, smiling and never woke up. Ozzie will be missed :( :( :(

C&CDean
2/14/2008, 03:57 PM
That's a hell of a good way for a feller to croak.

Mixer!
2/14/2008, 04:00 PM
I feel your pain. I've owned two of them, and they were the best.

Shneeg11
2/14/2008, 04:09 PM
They are good dogs, we have another one that is 14

2/14/2008, 04:13 PM
Dadgum.

I'm sorry. Losing a good dog hurts badly.

Boomer.....
2/14/2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. :(

soonerbrat
2/14/2008, 04:16 PM
very sorry to hear that.

Jerk
2/14/2008, 04:29 PM
Damn that sucks.

I love dogs.

Sooner_Bob
2/14/2008, 04:39 PM
Bummer. :(

Curly Bill
2/14/2008, 04:55 PM
So sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, as I lost my 12 year old Miniature Pinscher a month ago. No doubt they're in Heaven now and having a good time.

SoonerBOI
2/14/2008, 05:29 PM
Sorry for your loss...

TexasSooner01
2/14/2008, 05:33 PM
That sucks...sorry to hear that. I couldnt imagine my life without my doggies! My doggies are just as spoiled as my kiddos are.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/14/2008, 05:53 PM
that sucks...I heart my English Sheepdog

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 06:31 PM
Based on your recent cell phone escapade, please wait a few hours before doing anything drastic.

Seriously, though, sorry to hear that.

Howzit
2/14/2008, 06:52 PM
:(

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2008, 06:54 PM
Sorry about your loss. Dogs are great.

OCUDad
2/14/2008, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear you have lost a member of your family. Good thoughts go out to you.

bluedogok
2/14/2008, 09:11 PM
Way too much of this going around lately....my condolences.

Viking Kitten
2/14/2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear it dude. I grew up with dogs, then didn't have one for about 15 years because it's just so painful when you lose them. I've got two now including our new Christmas puppy. You've got to remember to enjoy every day with them while you have them.

Rogue
2/14/2008, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

M
2/14/2008, 10:20 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear that.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2008, 10:29 PM
When you're in the mood, rent this great documentary
http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~ana/themovienight/movies/gates_of_heaven.jpg

Tailwind
2/14/2008, 10:32 PM
Awwww, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Animals give us much joy and love.

Shneeg11
2/15/2008, 02:04 AM
Thanks to everyone, it really is losing a family member, our older dog is taking it the hardest, he is searching throughout the house for ozzie

Jimminy Crimson
2/15/2008, 03:29 AM
Sorry to hear about Ozzie. Dogs are truly family. They're there by your side during the best of times and the worst of times.

Dogs aren't called mans best friend for nothin'.

Shneeg11
2/15/2008, 04:03 AM
Based on your recent cell phone escapade, please wait a few hours before doing anything drastic.

Seriously, though, sorry to hear that.

Haha, thanks Mike, the cell phone problem has been solved thankfully! Anybody wanting to get rid of some extra good luck? I'll take some

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/15/2008, 07:27 AM
Man, that's awful. At least it appears he died pain free. Sorry for your loss.

BudSooner
2/15/2008, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear that, sounds like you had a great companion.
When our dog Casey is gone, it's gonna hurt like hell...always cherish those moments you had together.
My sincerest condolences.

MamaMia
2/15/2008, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My first two dogs are in Heaven, one having passed on not too long ago. I have it on good authority, the priest at my church, that they'll be among my loved ones who will greet me when its my time. Its been hard missing them and all. I still cry, but time has helped to heal my broken heart. We have this poem on our fridge. It gives my family great comfort. I hope it will give you comfort too.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/POEM_Gate.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

DBrown
2/16/2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

How beautiful.....first good cry I've had in a long time!
Thanks for sharing that above link!