PDA

View Full Version : YOU CANT STOP JACK BAUER...

soonerinabilene
2/14/2008, 02:24 PM
You can only slow him down. FOR A FULL FREAKING YEAR!!! :mad:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=300971&GT1=7703

Fans of `24' Have a Long Wait
Feb. 14, 2008, 1:28 PM EST
One fallout of the Hollywood writers strike is that fans of Fox's drama "24" have to wait until next January to see Jack Bauer again.

The network has committed to air a full season on consecutive weeks and had been planning to start last month. If it had started airing new episodes soon, the season finale would not have taken place until the summer, when TV networks rarely show their high-profile programs.

Even though eight episodes for this season had already been filmed before the beginning of the writers strike, producers would have had to ramp up production soon to complete the season.

So "24" represents this television season's most prominent casualty due to the writers strike.

A January 2009 start seemed the best way to comply with viewers' wishes that a season's episodes run without interruption to conclusion, Fox said on Thursday.

LosAngelesSooner
2/14/2008, 03:04 PM
I hate to say, "I told you so," but... ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2220017&postcount=20

tulsaoilerfan
2/14/2008, 07:01 PM
I'm not thrilled with this decsion either; why couldn't they have went ahead and ran it through the first part of summer? It's not like there is anything on to watch during June and July anyway

tbl
2/14/2008, 07:03 PM
So there's 8 episodes just sitting on the shelf... Bullmess!!! They better give us two whole days next year to make up for it... or let Jack blow up China on this day.

47straight
2/15/2008, 12:09 AM
The co-creator and produced also left the show.

OUTromBoNado
2/15/2008, 12:30 AM
Networks don't like to run shows during late spring and summer because with later sunsets, nicer weather, and school not in session, people aren't typically at home watching TV.

They are more likely to be in front of the tube in winter...when it gets dark at 5pm...and it's really cold and sucks outside.

SCOUT
2/15/2008, 01:31 AM
Wasn't Jack Bauer essentially stopped by a couple of flashing police cruiser lights?

:D

BudSooner
2/15/2008, 07:19 AM
Well he was stopped once by Reese Witherspoon. ;)