PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

crawfish
2/14/2008, 10:30 AM
Definitely in...

http://ahorahollywood.com/component/option,com_seyret/task,videodirectlink/id,45/

I hope it doesn't suck...

King Crimson
2/14/2008, 10:32 AM
pass

2/14/2008, 10:35 AM
Will 62 year old Harrison Ford have 78 year old Connery as a father?

Oldnslo
2/14/2008, 10:48 AM
Back when I was a kid, I loved 007 movies. And when Connery got replaced by Moore, I still looked forward to the Bond movies. Man, I'd see the preview for Moonraker or Octo***** and just think, "Whoopie! I can't wait for that to come out!"

And then Moonraker and Octo*****, and the rest of the "Bond with a paunch" movies came out. And were teh succ.

That's sort of how I feel now. I really hope this isn't Indy with a paunch.

skycat
2/14/2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, but Bond was supposed to be ageless, and when he really wasn't, it sucked.

I imagine that Indy will most certainly not supposed to be ageless in this movie. And they could make it work.

But I'm trying hard to be as unspoiled as possible, so I don't know.

King Crimson
2/14/2008, 10:56 AM
the rest of the "Bond with a paunch" movies came out.

View to a Kill

2/14/2008, 11:19 AM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/zebthethird/indianajones.jpg

Sooner_Bob
2/14/2008, 11:24 AM
Definitely in...

http://ahorahollywood.com/component/option,com_seyret/task,videodirectlink/id,45/

I hope it doesn't suck...

same here

birddog
2/14/2008, 01:16 PM
i'm still waiting for the inevitable blockbuster of Rambo vs. Indiana Jones.

TexasSooner01
2/14/2008, 01:48 PM
I am so IN!!! He might be 62 but he has aged extremely well!
:D

Pricetag
2/14/2008, 02:32 PM
The name is too danged long. Is "The Kingdom of" really necessary?

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 02:42 PM
The name is too danged long. Is "The Kingdom of" really necessary?

Yeah.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade are all short and punchy. Why couldn't Spielberg follow THOSE examples?

;)

This movie looks as awesome as a midget dipped in bacon gravy.

crawfish
2/14/2008, 03:44 PM
For you whiners that need an HD version:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AsY7qv8MSH6wl3g1GC6bw55fVXc A

(that includes me)

Pricetag
2/14/2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade are all short and punchy. Why couldn't Spielberg follow THOSE examples?

;)

Heh. Was it really called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark before the DVD box set came out? I don't remember the Indiana Jones part back when it first came out.

C&CDean
2/14/2008, 04:41 PM
You know what's funny about the Indiana Jones flicks? I've never watched one in it's entirety. Every time I start to watch them I fall asleep. It's like heroin drips out of the screen and I go on the nod. Seriously, I'm sure they're good flicks but I can't remember any of them.

crawfish
2/14/2008, 04:44 PM
You know what's funny about the Indiana Jones flicks? I've never watched one in it's entirety. Every time I start to watch them I fall asleep. It's like heroin drips out of the screen and I go on the nod. Seriously, I'm sure they're good flicks but I can't remember any of them.

Seriously - you were NOT beaten enough as a kid.

C&CDean
2/14/2008, 04:50 PM
Seriously - you were NOT beaten enough as a kid.

Heh. Truth be known, just one of the average whoopins my pop gave me would kill the average poster on this board. And I got LOTS of them.

I was just one of those kids that it didn't matter. You know, a worthless piece of **** kinda kid? That was me.

skycat
2/14/2008, 04:53 PM
Heh. Was it really called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark before the DVD box set came out? I don't remember the Indiana Jones part back when it first came out.

No it wasn't.

Hmmmm, I wonder who has a penchant for lengthening movie titles for consistencies sake with later titles in a movie series, that also happens to be intimately envolved in this movie? :confused:

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 05:35 PM

Listen, Han was a good guy. He never would have shot first.

skycat
2/14/2008, 05:42 PM
Listen, Han was a good guy. He never would have shot first.

Of course, while Mr. Lucas gets all of the ire, he's not alone in this kind of stuff.

:les: The FBI would never carry guns!

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2008, 05:42 PM
Back when I was a kid, I loved 007 movies. And when Connery got replaced by Moore, I still looked forward to the Bond movies. Man, I'd see the preview for Moonraker or Octo***** and just think, "Whoopie! I can't wait for that to come out!"

And then Moonraker and Octo*****, and the rest of the "Bond with a paunch" movies came out. And were teh succ.

That's sort of how I feel now. I really hope this isn't Indy with a paunch.

Why do you hate Erik Estrada?

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 05:46 PM
Heh. Truth be known, just one of the average whoopins my pop gave me would kill the average poster on this board. And I got LOTS of them.

I was just one of those kids that it didn't matter. You know, a worthless piece of **** kinda kid? That was me.
Count me in as NOT shocked.

:dean:

SoonerStormchaser
2/14/2008, 07:16 PM
Hululululululululu

Oh...and I dunno about going to see it...prolly will.

bri
2/21/2008, 01:01 PM
I was all "meh" until I finally broke down and watched the trailer. Now I'm all "hooray", which means that I get to be Disappointed Fanboy when it sucks. :D

BigRedJed
2/21/2008, 01:04 PM
Pretty much exactly how I felt.

NormanPride
2/21/2008, 01:13 PM
Ditto. I know they burned all the "Yay Indy!" parts in the trailer. The rest is going to be depressing and childhood-slaying. :(

bri
2/21/2008, 01:45 PM
Indiana Jar-Jar & the Kingdom of the Superimposed Walkie-Talkies?

Widescreen
2/21/2008, 01:56 PM
Indiana Jar-Jar & the Kingdom of the Superimposed Walkie-Talkies?
Heh.

The Walkie-Talkies won't be inserted until later though.

Pricetag
2/21/2008, 01:58 PM
Heh.

The Walkie-Talkies won't be inserted until later though.
No, they learned their lessons from those crappy movies they made in the '80s. They'll get it right this time. Lucas already showed that.

bri
2/21/2008, 02:02 PM
Just wait until they replace Harrison Ford with Hayden Christensen for the DVD...

StoopTroup
2/21/2008, 04:55 PM
Heh.

Darth Vader and The Kingdom of the Lightsabers

bri
2/21/2008, 05:10 PM
Well, no, that would be awesome.

Widescreen
2/21/2008, 05:24 PM
Well, no, that would be awesome.
Depends on who directed.

swardboy
2/21/2008, 06:00 PM

Some films just have to be seen on the big screen....I don't think it's a childhood angst issue.

And "in" !