PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Brown

BASSooner
2/14/2008, 12:19 AM
What are the chances that we land this kid? I don't care if his bro went to miami.

He's such an OU fan, I wouldn't mind making OUr RB depth much more powerful than it is already is.

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 12:38 AM
Very very low.

He's basically going to Miami unless his brother has a bad experience there.

soonerboomer93
2/14/2008, 02:17 AM
isn's he using the same guy his brother did
the "recruiting advisor" or whatever

Watch Me Stride
2/14/2008, 11:11 AM
isn's he using the same guy his brother did
the "recruiting advisor" or whatever

I would guess so.

I don't know about you guy's, but Miami is getting some hardcore players. There going to probaly have the best Linebacker core in the nation if they can train those guy's right and if they get Bryce at running back there going to most likely be great at that position also, all they need now is a stud quarterback and you would think they would be a contender again.

Curly Bill
2/14/2008, 02:53 PM
I would guess so.

I don't know about you guy's, but Miami is getting some hardcore players. There going to probaly have the best Linebacker core in the nation if they can train those guy's right and if they get Bryce at running back there going to most likely be great at that position also, all they need now is a stud quarterback and you would think they would be a contender again.

They have a very long way to go to be a contender again.

goingoneight
2/14/2008, 10:29 PM
Personally, I'd like to see them mysteriously land all the southeastern talent with top-ranked classes and succc like OSU does. :D

KingDavid
2/16/2008, 11:38 AM
They have a very long way to go to be a contender again.

As long as they don't make up much ground between now and early next season, I couldn't care less what happens to the program.

Wait a minute.

Something does not feel write about what I just wrote.

Oh, yeah. I forgot that I hate Miami, and that I hope they suck, eternally.

I hope they are never ranked again.

Gosh, that feels better.

Desert Sapper
2/16/2008, 12:08 PM
Miami is in the right place, surrounded by the right talent, with (in my view) the right coach to be the next suc. Remember how bad suc was before Petey took over? Remember how bad Miami was before Butch Davis? Some places are ripe for success. It won't take long for Miami to be back near the top, especially with the talent they are pulling in.

And I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of landing Bryce Brown. His brother enjoys being black, my guess is that he does too, and somehow, that advisor guy has them both (probably) convinced that such a thing cannot continue at OU.

adoniijahsooner
2/16/2008, 01:06 PM
Miami is in the right place, surrounded by the right talent, with (in my view) the right coach to be the next suc. Remember how bad suc was before Petey took over? Remember how bad Miami was before Butch Davis? Some places are ripe for success. It won't take long for Miami to be back near the top, especially with the talent they are pulling in.

And I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell of landing Bryce Brown. His brother enjoys being black, my guess is that he does too, and somehow, that advisor guy has them both (probably) convinced that such a thing cannot continue at OU.

If Bryce is smart he'll look at AD and realize his color didnt change on his way to becoming rookie of the year, pro bowl mvp, and rich. Miami puts alot of defensive stars in the league, but very few stars on the offensive side of the ball. E. James, Reggie Wayne, and who else. Oklahoma is starting to turn into a offensive juggernaut for years to come, and miami will be average for years to come. Their whole class is made up of Linebackers and Defensive backs, so hopefully logic will kick in and he decides to wear the crimson and cream.

Salt City Sooner
2/16/2008, 02:50 PM
If Bryce is smart he'll look at AD and realize his color didnt change on his way to becoming rookie of the year, pro bowl mvp, and rich. Miami puts alot of defensive stars in the league, but very few stars on the offensive side of the ball. E. James, Reggie Wayne, and who else. Oklahoma is starting to turn into a offensive juggernaut for years to come, and miami will be average for years to come. Their whole class is made up of Linebackers and Defensive backs, so hopefully logic will kick in and he decides to wear the crimson and cream.
They signed 6 WR's (3 3* & 3 4*), 3 QB's (including a 4*), & a couple of 4* OL's. They also got a 4* ATH who played WR in high school. Their emphasis may have been on the defensive side of the ball, but they didn't exactly ignore the offense either.

Curly Bill
2/16/2008, 03:12 PM

That Michael Irvin guy turned out to be pretty good. ;)

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2008, 11:52 AM

Wow. How 'bout Devin Hester, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow. Those are just active offensive players, not including some excellent linemen, that have done more on the offensive side of the ball in the NFL than any former Sooner not named Adrian Peterson. No program can stand up to Miami when you're comparing NFL performance over the last 25 years.

freshchris05
2/17/2008, 04:13 PM

Easy there..

heh...

Sunshine came softly through my, my window today...

Scott D
2/17/2008, 04:50 PM
And they might not be stars, but Ken Dorsey and Brock Berlin are on NFL rosters.

BASSooner
2/17/2008, 04:51 PM
Wow. How 'bout Devin Hester, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow. Those are just active offensive players, not including some excellent linemen, that have done more on the offensive side of the ball in the NFL than any former Sooner not named Adrian Peterson. No program can stand up to Miami when you're comparing NFL performance over the last 25 years.
Miami hasn't exactly been the same since then. You have to look at where everything is at NOW as opposed to what happened in the past

freshchris05
2/17/2008, 05:02 PM

I wouldn't go that far... i wouldn't go that far at all.. heh... ill give you the last few years but after that, you're gonna have to talk it out with Tommy... http://www.brackenspub.com/images/browns/tommymcdonald.jpg

and joe...

http://www.footballfoundation.com/newsimages/713-med.jpg

and billy...

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10208000/10208062.jpg

i can go on for a long time... but you get it...

Scott D
2/17/2008, 05:16 PM
you clearly missed the words "The last 25 years" in his post.

Harry Beanbag
2/17/2008, 07:41 PM
Miami hasn't exactly been the same since then. You have to look at where everything is at NOW as opposed to what happened in the past

The same since when? My post was addressing NOW. Right NOW, Miami's players in the League totally own OU's, and not just on the defensive side of the ball. It just gets worse if you go further back in time. Besides Peterson, name one Sooner who has been an offensive star in the NFL during the lifetime of a high school senior.

BASSooner
2/17/2008, 08:40 PM
ah now THAT I did miss. My bad

freshchris05
2/19/2008, 12:15 AM

it's two separate statements...

The Consumate Showman
2/19/2008, 12:24 AM
Butler will most likely steer BB in the direction of the Ibis...

Harry Beanbag
2/19/2008, 05:04 PM

Maybe so, but they're both correct.

Scott D
2/19/2008, 07:21 PM

no, it's the continuation of a statement by clarification in the same paragraph hence being adjacent sentences.

freshchris05
2/20/2008, 02:29 PM
no, it's the continuation of a statement by clarification in the same paragraph hence being adjacent sentences.

Maybe you're right but, just explain to me how saying any former sooner and then say a completely different statement measuring all programs to miami in the last 25 years and it be the same statement.:confused:

Harry Beanbag
2/20/2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe you're right but, just explain to me how saying any former sooner and then say a completely different statement measuring all programs to miami in the last 25 years and it be the same statement.:confused:

Go back and read the post I originally replied to. He was talking about what I assumed to be his opinion of the lack of current Miami produced offensive talent in the NFL. I listed several very good active players that he had apparently never heard of and stated that they were better than anybody from OU except Peterson. I followed that up with the 25 year statement to drive home my point that Miami is an NFL talent factory, a fact that nobody can reasonably say will be changing anytime soon. I didn't think it was really that difficult to understand, I guess I was wrong.

freshchris05
2/20/2008, 11:47 PM
Go back and read the post I originally replied to. He was talking about what I assumed to be his opinion of the lack of current Miami produced offensive talent in the NFL. I listed several very good active players that he had apparently never heard of and stated that they were better than anybody from OU except Peterson. I followed that up with the 25 year statement to drive home my point that Miami is an NFL talent factory, a fact that nobody can reasonably say will be changing anytime soon. I didn't think it was really that difficult to understand, I guess I was wrong.

and that's the thing...

i like most of those players and think they are all really good but i don't think it's fair to say they are better than anyone from OU.. IF you would have said better than anyone from OU in the last 25 years, i would have kept moving but as i posted i don't think any of them are HOF's yet... if they keep up, no doubt but for now they are still Johnny come lately..

Harry Beanbag
2/21/2008, 07:08 AM
and that's the thing...

i like most of those players and think they are all really good but i don't think it's fair to say they are better than anyone from OU.. IF you would have said better than anyone from OU in the last 25 years, i would have kept moving but as i posted i don't think any of them are HOF's yet... if they keep up, no doubt but for now they are still Johnny come lately..

Sigh. I give up.

starrca23
2/21/2008, 11:25 AM
Man, I keep clicking on this thread thinking there might be some relevant information linking Bryce to OU. I give up too.

StillTippenSooner
2/21/2008, 06:50 PM
forget this thread he commits to Miami

snp
2/21/2008, 08:05 PM
No big surprise there.

soonerfan28
2/21/2008, 08:39 PM
I heard that he commited to Miami tonight. Is that true?

BillyBall
2/22/2008, 10:19 AM
Hopefully we can get Oku, with a name like that he really shouldn't go anywhere else...

OUster
2/22/2008, 11:28 AM
Just FYI, it's official and on the front page of Rivals...unless of course, HBB has debate with that?

The Consumate Showman
2/22/2008, 01:58 PM
Brian Butler strikes again...Now, wait for another Kansas kid, Huldon Tharp to follow suit...

BillyBall
2/22/2008, 01:59 PM
Brian Butler strikes again...Now, wait for another Kansas kid, Huldon Tharp to follow suit...

Isnt he being recruited as an RB too?

OUster
2/22/2008, 02:38 PM
I think it is always a shame when we lose a talented player from a nearby state who has affections for the program. That being said, I think that this loss hurts little, if not at all. With Demarco, Madu, Brown, Calhoun and Johnson in line to start, we are going to be better than good for the next three years to come.

The Consumate Showman
2/24/2008, 12:26 PM
Isnt he being recruited as an RB too?

I guess he is.

Bet he ends up at LB in college though.