PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of needing a hug

stoops the eternal pimp
2/13/2008, 05:20 PM
What about poor Billy Gillespie at Kentucky..down 41 to 11 at the half..loses by 41 to Vanderbilt. 12-10 record....

Billy, after seeing the way Tubby was treated, you should have known better.

badger
2/13/2008, 05:24 PM
What about poor Billy Gillespie at Kentucky..down 41 to 11 at the half..loses by 41 to Vanderbilt. 12-10 record....

Billy, after seeing the way Tubby was treated, you should have known better.
No hug for Gillespie. I thought this thread for Coach Coale.

WE LOVE YOU COACH COALE! :)

(flips sign over)

WE DO NOT LIKE THE REFS :mad:

Attendant: Please do not hold up the other side of "We love you Coach Coale" again.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/13/2008, 05:28 PM
I wanna give CP a hug.

SleestakSooner
2/13/2008, 05:51 PM
I feel a strong urge to give Coach Coale a hug too.

crawfish
2/13/2008, 06:03 PM
IN!

Jimminy Crimson
2/13/2008, 06:07 PM
No hug for Gillespie. I thought this thread for Coach Coale.

WE LOVE YOU COACH COALE! :)

(flips sign over)

WE DO NOT LIKE THE REFS :mad:

Attendant: Please do not hold up the other side of "We love you Coach Coale" again.

Did this really happen?

badger
2/13/2008, 10:47 PM
Did this really happen?
Yes, during the Big 12 Women's Tournament one year in Dallas. We won the tournament, but alas, that side of the sign did not win :D

You see, when you have a week off class because of extra curricular involvement and all you do is watch your incredibly awesome women's basketball team manhandle (womanhandle?) the conference foes, you get bored without creating fun. My froshie year, we made several signs that got snatched by officials. One was a "SUK-O-METER" for Baylor. It was even green and gold.

A few years later, after a few rebuilds after the final four, we have another good team, so we have another good slew of signs. However, there are some really, REALLY bad refs this year that obviously want to take victory form us. But, there's the sign nazi rule: NEGATIVE SIGNS SHALL BE REMOVED. Therefore, thre was a clever resolution: one side positive, one side a quick glimpse at negativity (unless you were behind us, in which case, you were applauding us very loudly everytime that sign shot in the air).

There was some really, REALLY bad officiating in the one of that games that got Coale a technical. Wow, did she rip that female ref. Anyway, we were booing right along with the rest of the crowd (and Coale), and I decided that I would hold the other side up a little longer than normal.

Over comes the sideline official. "Do not hold up the other side of 'We love you Coach Coale.'"

It is a completely true story, and better yet, it's my completely true story :D

stoopified
2/14/2008, 11:39 AM
I feel a strong urge to give Coach Coale a hug too.Yeah,baby!