PDA

View Full Version : RLIMC and BRJ discuss why multiple threads with the same topic get merged.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2008, 02:04 PM
Hmmm... ...this seems to have similar content to the Obama thread.Very tacky there, Jed. PC Busybody!

I hereby nominate you, or whoever merged my thread for the McCain -Feingold mod of the day.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:08 PM
Very tacky there, Jed. PC Busybody!

I hereby nominate you, or whoever merged my thread for the McCain -Feingold mod of the day.
No, very mergy. You started a thread with content nearly identical to the content in this thread. Every single time a thought goes through your head, you don't need to start a thread about it. Furthermore, starting or bumping one about a topic already being actively discussed on the first page (and even in the top five threads) of the SO is what most people have against your threads in the first place.

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 02:09 PM
A RLIMC forum then?

2/13/2008, 02:12 PM
No, very mergy. You started a thread with content nearly identical to the content in this thread. Every single time a thought goes through your head, you don't need to start a thread about it. Furthermore, starting or bumping one about a topic already being actively discussed on the first page (and even in the top five threads) of the SO is what most people have against your threads in the first place.I specifically addressed the prospect of chaos at the dem nat convention. What made you so motivated to merge that thread, or any thread, instead of leaving them alone? It seems to me once the mods start merging threads, it tends to bring down the interest level by the SO readers/posters.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:12 PM
Oh, and I didn't merge your other thread. It was apparently some other mod who was trying to be responsive to the complaints we get about you trying to dominate the first page of the SO with threads about exactly the same thing.

And the McCain-Feingold crack, while funny, doesn't apply. I didn't delete your post, I didn't change it, and I didn't limit your ability to make your thoughts known. Just post them in an ongoing thread on the same subject, if one is available.

If NOBODY is discussing the subject that you find oh so important, by all means, start a thread, I guess. But you starting multiple threads about the same subject wears people out and makes them cranky. You know this. That's why me making you cranky doesn't concern me one bit.

2/13/2008, 02:15 PM
That's why me making you cranky doesn't concern me one bit.I din't expect you to consider my point, really.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:17 PM
I specifically addressed the prospect of chaos at the dem nat convention. What made you so motivated to merge that thread, or any thread, instead of leaving them alone? It seems to me once the mods start merging threads, it tends to bring down the interest level by the SO readers/posters.
Do you REALLY think that SO readers are that interested in every little bit of minutiae that you're attempting to overwhelm them with? You ARE crazy, if so.

Here's the deal: if there are multiple threads on ANY subject that is pretty much the same, they will likely be merged. Has nothing to do with politics, or muzzling you. The SO exist to discuss politics, and weather, and personalities, and music, and whatever. It doesn't exist to be your personal playground where you attempt to make every thread on the forum a place for you to beat people over the head with your particular political views.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:21 PM
I din't expect you to consider my point, really.
Nope, your massive inconsideration for the SO posters at large has mostly rendered your own personal happiness a much lower priority of mine.

Like I said, nobody here has ever tried to muzzle you. In fact, I personally have ignored many requests by other posters to do so. There's no reason your opinion shouldn't be heard here, as long as you aren't breaking rules.

But when you ruin other people's fun by trying to make this place strictly a political podium for RLIMC, you're actively sucking up the place for everyone else. THAT I take issue with.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:28 PM
DAMN YOU BEANO'S FOURTH CHIN!!! *shakes fist*

Frozen Sooner
2/13/2008, 02:28 PM
What'd Beano do now?

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:29 PM
HE UNMERGED THIS CONVERSATION FROM THE OTHER THREAD!!!

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:30 PM
Unless you did it. Either way, I DEMAND JUSTICE!!!

Frozen Sooner
2/13/2008, 02:30 PM
No, that was me.

Unless I'm really Beano.

Can anyone really know?

2/13/2008, 02:31 PM
Nope, your massive inconsideration for the SO posters at large has mostly rendered your own personal happiness a much lower priority of mine.

Like I said, nobody here has ever tried to muzzle you. In fact, I personally have ignored many requests by other posters to do so. There's no reason your opinion shouldn't be heard here, as long as you aren't breaking rules.

But when you ruin other people's fun by trying to make this place strictly a political podium for RLIMC, you're actively sucking up the place for everyone else. THAT I take issue with.I contend it is unnecessary and abusive regulation. JUST DON'T CLICK!

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:31 PM
No, that was me.

Unless I'm really Beano.

Can anyone really know?
Welcome to my list.

C&CDean
2/13/2008, 02:32 PM
I contend it is unnecessary and abusive regulation. JUST DON'T CLICK!

I contend that you're a ****tard and I'm one twitch away from giving you some time off.

2/13/2008, 02:32 PM
Welcome to my list.If you're talking to me, then THANK YOU!

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:39 PM
I contend it is unnecessary and abusive regulation. JUST DON'T CLICK!
Amazingly enough, I am completely with you on the "just don't click" philosophy." I am on record as saying the SO should always be where politics are discussed. I regularly contribute to political discussions, although sometimes more from a lighthearted standpoint. I'm even willing to say that I personally agree with quite a few of the things that you post. I certainly don't have a political axe to grind with you.

As long as we don't have 20 threads about the same thing, we don't have a problem. But I doubt even the most enthusiastic political posters on the SO have a fondness for your habit of starting multiple threads about the EXACT SAME THING over and over again, and gunging up the first page of the SO.

In fact, I know they don't.

They complain about it all the damn time. So, like I said before, your feelings have taken a backseat to the feelings of a huge majority of posters who have given feedback about you and your posting style.

Sorry.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:45 PM
If you're talking to me, then THANK YOU!
Nope. I was talking to Froze. My list is one person long right now. He's at the top. Sometimes Beano is on it, but he's slippery. I'm not even sure he's a real person.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 02:46 PM
Besides, I think you have more problems than what I think or don't think needs to be merged, based upon Dean's post above.

Frozen Sooner
2/13/2008, 02:46 PM
Nope. I was talking to Froze. My list is one person long right now. He's at the top. Sometimes Beano is on it, but he's slippery. I'm not even sure he's a real person.

I'd post the Chris Simms helmet right now, but that's too much like fun.

Plus I'd have to look for it.

And you're a poopy head.

C&CDean
2/13/2008, 02:49 PM
No names dammit.

2/13/2008, 02:56 PM
Amazingly enough, I am completely with you on the "just don't click" philosophy." I am on record as saying the SO should always be where politics are discussed. I regularly contribute to political discussions, although sometimes more from a lighthearted standpoint. I'm even willing to say that I personally agree with quite a few of the things that you post. I certainly don't have a political axe to grind with you.

As long as we don't have 20 threads about the same thing, we don't have a problem. But I doubt even the most enthusiastic political posters on the SO have a fondness for your habit of starting multiple threads about the EXACT SAME THING over and over again, and gunging up the first page of the SO.

In fact, I know they don't.

They complain about it all the damn time. So, like I said before, your feelings have taken a backseat to the feelings of a huge majority of posters who have given feedback about you and your posting style.

Sorry.All I'm saying to you and those who complain about multiple posts, really, is you simply don't have to click on a post. All posts die a natural death. I'm sorry people bug you and whine. My disappointment is more with those that go whining to you than it is with you. Of course, I still say to them, that all they have to do is just not click, rather than waste your time and bug you.

C&CDean
2/13/2008, 03:04 PM
All I'm saying to you and those who complain about multiple posts, really, is you simply don't have to click on a post. All posts die a natural death. I'm sorry people bug you and whine. My disappointment is more with those that go whining to you than it is with you. Of course, I still say to them, that all they have to do is just not click, rather than waste your time and bug you.

You do understand the difference between a thread and a post don't you?

2/13/2008, 03:09 PM
You do understand the difference between a thread and a post don't you?Yes. I meant thread, of course.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 03:13 PM
WELL STOP MAKING ELEVENTYBILLION OF THEM ON THE SAME SUBJECT!!!

:mad:

leavingthezoo
2/13/2008, 03:29 PM
can we spread this conversation over more threads, please? :D

Frozen Sooner
2/13/2008, 03:32 PM
As you wish, Buttercup.

OU4LIFE
2/13/2008, 03:43 PM
this thread needs more ribs, and less little bitches.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 03:46 PM
I agree.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 03:47 PM
Of course, you can never have too many ribs.

OCUDad
2/13/2008, 03:58 PM
Every single time a thought goes through your head...Jed, you just lost all credibility if you actually believe there's more than one. :P

Soonerus
2/13/2008, 04:21 PM
I think all of Rush's threads are interesting and distinct...

proud gonzo
2/13/2008, 04:23 PM
Dammit.

BlondeSoonerGirl
Dammit.

BlondeSoonerGirl
HA!

proud gonzo
2/13/2008, 04:24 PM
HEH.

edit: damn flood control

2/13/2008, 04:33 PM
Jed, you just lost all credibility if you actually believe there's more than one. :PLOOK, an "intelligence" joke from a lib!

Howzit
2/13/2008, 04:33 PM
Anybody know where I can buy some eye-talian pants?

Soonerus
2/13/2008, 04:34 PM
Dammit.

What is with all of this cursing by mods...where is this board going ???

Howzit
2/13/2008, 04:34 PM
Preferrably for cheap.

1stTimeCaller
2/13/2008, 04:37 PM
I need new dress pants too. I'm glad you brought this up, Howzit.

proud gonzo
2/13/2008, 04:39 PM
how about these?
http://www.dresshippie.com/images/black_sexy_embroidery_gothic_egyptian_harem_pants_ 2.jpg

Beef
2/13/2008, 04:39 PM
Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em.

leavingthezoo
2/13/2008, 04:41 PM
heh.

leavingthezoo
2/13/2008, 04:43 PM
REMERGE!

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 04:43 PM
PG wore that EXACT same getup the other day at PadThai. I requested to sit at another table.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 04:45 PM
REMERGE!
As you wish, buttercup.

leavingthezoo
2/13/2008, 04:47 PM
double heh.

:D

jk the sooner fan
2/14/2008, 08:43 PM
Anybody know where I can buy some eye-talian pants?

speaking of funny threads.......that was a classic

never understood why it was locked down