PDA

View Full Version : A complete stranger coughed her spit on me :(

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 12:57 PM
I was downtown at Maurice's buying jeans for my granddaughter a few days ago when all of a sudden I heard this lady having a coughing spell. I turned around trying to get away but it was hopeless. I was boxed in between some jean jackets the baby doll shirts when it happened. This lady with a long sleeved osu t-shirt, and what looked like a prison tattoo across her fingers, coughed right in my face. Now I'm very sick. :(

Even though we're already one girl short until Tuesday, my husband and I thought it best that I stay home from work as not to pass this on to others. Has any one else had a low grade cough, sinus thing accompanied by a headache with a horrific sore throat, and if so, how long did it last?

SoonerStormchaser
2/13/2008, 01:04 PM
Gawdamn bio-terrorist! May the STD's of a thousand tOSU students plague her!

So sorry Mama...hope you feel better soon.

sooner_born_1960
2/13/2008, 01:05 PM
Jed? You want to handle this diagnosis?

Seriously, MamaMia, about three days.

sooner_born_1960
2/13/2008, 01:06 PM
For my wife and daughter, that's three days with antibiotics.

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 01:12 PM
For my wife and daughter, that's three days with antibiotics.
What did you take? I'm allergic to penicillin but I just hunted up some 150 mg Clindamycin. I have 42 of them. Will that work? Wheres Doc?

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 01:12 PM
SHE HAS PNEUMONIA

sooner_born_1960
2/13/2008, 01:14 PM
SHE HAS PNEUMONIA
Are you covering for Jed this afternoon?

sooner_born_1960
2/13/2008, 01:15 PM
What did you take? I'm allergic to penicillin but I just hunted up some 150 mg Clindamycin. I have 42 of them. Will that work? Wheres Doc?
I didn't take anything. I really don't know what kind of antibiotic the wife and daughter took. It was a white oval pill, if that helps.

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 01:16 PM
SHE HAS PNEUMONIAI DO?! :eek:
Wait a minute; thats not contagious is it? :confused:

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 01:18 PM
It was TB.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 01:19 PM
I DO?! :eek:

i'm joking...for the past few days anytime anyone is sick, Jed says they have pneumonia. didn't mean to scare you...but yes, it can be contagious.

StoopTroup
I went to my Doc Monday as I had been feeling awful since Wednesday.

The knee Doctor thanked me for bringing in the virus to his Office on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I got 100+ temp which was the deciding factor to seeing my Doc on Monday.

He told me I waited to long to see him and that I'll have to ride this out with Clear Liquid Diet. :eek:

I feel better today but my energy level is low.

I hope any of you who are suffering with this stuff gets well soon.

ST

sooner_born_1960
I DO?! :eek:
Depends on what caused the pneumonia.
The bacteria or virus that led to 'monia may be contagious.

proud gonzo
2/13/2008, 01:27 PM
most of what's going around like that right now is a virus. It doesn't respond to antibiotics, but it only lasts 10-14 days.

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 01:31 PM
It was TB.
Don't think that possibility didn't cross my mind.
Well, just in case this is my time, I would like to say that y'all are the best pen pals in the world and having you to talk with has been fun and has enriched my life greatly. I'll try to get a message to you from the other side. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/21.gif

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 01:32 PM
The place where my wife works had 5 teachers out with the stuff on Monday and she thinks she's got a mild case of it, but isn't bad enough to not go to work.

I really hope it doesn't get worse or spread to me or our girls.

As much as I'd like to do nothing but lay around and rest I'd rather it be by choice than necessity.

sooner_born_1960
2/13/2008, 01:34 PM
Well, just in case this is my time, I would like to say that y'all are the best pen pals in the world and having you to talk with has been fun and has enriched my life greatly. I'll try to get a message to you from the other side. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/21.gif
If being on the other side gives you any insight into lottery numbers, that would be appreciated.

Get well, soon.

SleestakSooner
2/13/2008, 01:34 PM
Some flu like thing is going around the office here, one of our sales people had it bad yesterday but today she is here looking and feeling fine. I was called in at 7 am to cover for our tech support guy who called in this morning with the same symptoms.

OCUDad
2/13/2008, 01:43 PM
And here I thought this was a copycat thread for SicEm's "A Biker Punched Me" saga.

Sorry to hear it, Mama. It's probably not pneumonia (sorry, Jed). Pump fluids and get some rest.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 01:44 PM
Prolly a virus. But a viral infection CAN turn into pnuemonia. If you start getting fever problems, chills about the time you go to bed, night sweats, trouble sleeping, and a deep, hacking cough, I'll revise my diagnosis and consider pneumonia as the culprit.

And if someone coughs in your face, breathe OUT while they're doing it, shut your eyes, and get out of the spray radius (a number of feet) before breathing in. Then hurry to the bathroom and throughly wash first your hands and then your face, and then your hands again. DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES. And when I say thoroughly, I mean for several minutes with hot water and soap. Lots of soap. YWIA.

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 01:46 PM
And if someone coughs in your face, breathe OUT while they're doing it, shut your eyes, and get out of the spray radius (a number of feet) before breathing in. Then hurry to the bathroom and throughly wash first your hands and then your face, and then your hands again. DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES. And when I say thoroughly, I mean for several minutes with hot water and soap. Lots of soap. YWIA.

A good way to remember is: stop, drop, blow, shut, scram, breathe, hurry, warsh, don't rub, warsh some more, and roll.

BigRedJed
2/13/2008, 01:48 PM
I agree.

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks Jed. I'll do that next time.

Well, since Doc is off tending to paying sick people, I raided the medicine cabinet and decided to take some Tylenol Extra Strength along with 2000 mgs of Vitamin C and try some Delsym cough syrup. Tonight I might break out the good stuff, and drink one of those Night Time apple cider flavored Airborne seltzers. Do you have to wait until after 5:00?

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 01:54 PM
It's amazing how many people don't feel handwashing prevents illness.

It's the best method around . . . other than living in a bubble.

soonerbrat
2/13/2008, 02:50 PM
It's amazing how many people don't feel handwashing prevents illness.

It's the best method around . . . other than living in a bubble.

and not touching your face. DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS. especially your eyes.

2/13/2008, 03:04 PM
A good tazing would remind her not to be so rude again.

Zbird
2/13/2008, 03:11 PM
I was downtown at Maurice's buying jeans for my granddaughter a few days ago when all of a sudden I heard this lady having a coughing spell. I turned around trying to get away but it was hopeless. I was boxed in between some jean jackets the baby doll shirts when it happened. This lady with a long sleeved osu t-shirt, and what looked like a prison tattoo across her fingers, coughed right in my face. Now I'm very sick. :(

Even though we're already one girl short until Tuesday, my husband and I thought it best that I stay home from work as not to pass this on to others. Has any one else had a low grade cough, sinus thing accompanied by a headache with a horrific sore throat, and if so, how long did it last?

You'll probably be OK in a few days unless you feel the urge to wear orange, eat hideaway pizza, and ravage sheep. Then, all hope is lost, you've become ONE OF THEM.

MamaMia
2/13/2008, 03:15 PM
You'll probably be OK in a few days unless you feel the urge to wear orange, eat hideaway pizza, and ravage sheep. Then, all hope is lost, you've become ONE OF THEM.The Oklahoma Health Department really needs to vaccinate people against that sort of thing. ;)

[moaning]I'm getting worse.[groaning] :(