PDA

View Full Version : I met TOM DELAY tonight

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2008, 12:40 AM
At a CCM meeting, here in PHX. He told me to say "hello" to fellow conservatives on the SO. I told hm OK.

critical_phil
2/13/2008, 12:41 AM
i had a jicama tonight.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 12:41 AM
At a CCM meeting, here in PHX. He told me to say "hello" to fellow conservatives on the SO. I told hm OK.

You should have booed him.

Lousy bastard.

2/13/2008, 12:43 AM
You should have booed him.

Lousy bastard.Brilliance, coming from a Buchanan fan.

critical_phil
2/13/2008, 12:44 AM
i also DVR'd Last Restaurant Standing tonight, cause the wife was busy watching all her big brother/big fatty/AI shows.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 12:44 AM
Brilliance, coming from a Buchanan fan.
Right since Buchanan is a conservative and...you know..Delay isn't.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 12:45 AM
i also DVR'd Last Restaurant Standing tonight, cause the wife was busy watching all her big brother/big fatty/AI shows.
Seriously speaking, you're the guy on the SO who is the chef right?

2/13/2008, 12:47 AM
Right since Buchanan is a conservative and...you know..Delay isn't.Whatever. I wouldn't have gone to see Pat Buchanan live.

yermom
2/13/2008, 12:47 AM
Seriously speaking, you're the guy on the SO who is the hiney wiper right?

Florence Nightingale

or is it Panama Red?

;)

critical_phil
2/13/2008, 12:48 AM
i'm no chef, but i love a good jicama.

i'm thinking of taking the other half of it and making a beet salad tomorrow.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 12:48 AM
Whatever. I wouldn't have gone to see Pat Buchanan live.
Then don't complain about the sorry state of the country and GOP. ;)

2/13/2008, 12:49 AM
Then don't complain about the sorry state of the country and GOP. ;)That's exactly what the meeting was about.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 12:49 AM
That's exactly what the meeting was about.
Ironic since the reason the GOP is in the position it's in today is largely his fault.

2/13/2008, 12:57 AM
Ironic since the reason the GOP is in the position it's in today is largely his fault.Ya, he went after the left with hardball techniques, and the full weight of the left got him. I would think I would have done the same thing if in congress.

BTW, what you said above makes 0 sense. The media will destroy any republican they can. They don't go after the ones they like or don't think are very conservative, such as McCain, until they get them where they want them. I would think you would know that as a student of politics.

critical_phil
2/13/2008, 01:00 AM
well, i'm glad you asked.

basically i just julienne the jicama and beets, as well as some carrots. add some cut up orange segments. add about a 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice and salt to taste. drizzle with some olive oil and enjoy.

you can also add unsalted peanuts if you like.

ywia.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 01:05 AM
Ya, he went after the left with hardball techniques, and the full weight of the left got him. I would think I would have done the same thing if in congress.

Well, I was going to go with the fact that his ethics are, at the very least, VERY questionable. Or the fact that he never did anything as majority leader to reduce the size of government and instead grew it exponentially. I was going to go with the fact that he threatened and intimidated conservative Republican members of the House into voting for the Medicare drug program by threatening their committee assignments, national party funding, and even finding a primary opponent to run against them.

He routinely stuck his nose into state issues that he had absolutely NO business being involved with as a sitting member of the national legislature

I'd also like to point out that his tactics in the house, while galvanizing the right, did absolutely NO good in actually passing conservative legislation. In fact, it hampered the President's effectiveness in Congress.

When conservatives get past the "symbol" of DeLay and look at his substance, they'll find he sucks.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/13/2008, 01:10 AM
I'd pay to see Buchanan and DeLay in a fist fight.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 01:11 AM
I'd pay to see Buchanan and DeLay in a fist fight.
Buchanan would clean that tool's clock.

2/13/2008, 01:12 AM
For some reason, some people's posts don't show up on my computer. Oh, well.

2/13/2008, 01:27 AM
Well, I was going to go with the fact that his ethics are, at the very least, VERY questionable. Or the fact that he never did anything as majority leader to reduce the size of government and instead grew it exponentially. I was going to go with the fact that he threatened and intimidated conservative Republican members of the House into voting for the Medicare drug program by threatening their committee assignments, national party funding, and even finding a primary opponent to run against them.

He routinely stuck his nose into state issues that he had absolutely NO business being involved with as a sitting member of the national legislature

I'd also like to point out that his tactics in the house, while galvanizing the right, did absolutely NO good in actually passing conservative legislation. In fact, it hampered the President's effectiveness in Congress.

When conservatives get past the "symbol" of DeLay and look at his substance, they'll find he sucks.Well, the left questioned his ethics. It took some bogus charges to cause him the grief it did. Did the MSM somehow convince you ?

You know that almost always the congress goes along with what the president of the same party wants. I agree with you that I wish he wouldn't have on that issue, and I certainly don't find him a perfect legislator. He took the fight to the left whenever he could. Without Bush being a fiscal conservative, it's hard for any republican legislator to fight the pres(as the leader of the republican party), the dems and their media, too.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 01:32 AM
Well, the left questioned his ethics. It took some bogus charges to cause him the grief it did. Did the MSM somehow convince you ?

You know that almost always the congress goes along with what the president of the same party wants. I agree with you that I wish he wouldn't have on that issue, and I certainly don't find him a perfect legislator. He took the fight to the left whenever he could. Without Bush being a fiscal conservative, it's hard for any republican legislator to fight the pres(as the leader of the republican party), the dems and their media, too.

He fought the left, but to what end? What good does that really do? How much political courage does it take to fight the left when you control Congress and your party has the White House?

Conservatism is only successful to the extent that it reduces the size of government. Tom Delay not only never did that -- he made the situation worse.

And I don't give a damned if the President is a Republican or not, if he were the pillar of conservatism that he likes to convince people that he is he should have said no.

The MSM hasn't convinced me of a damned thing about his ethics. Regardless of what was unable to be proven (some things were an exaggeration), I've seen the DeLay machine working up close and personal here in Texas the guy is a corrupt bastard who disgraces his office and his party.

2/13/2008, 01:45 AM
I've seen the DeLay machine working up close and personal here in Texas the guy is a corrupt bastard who disgraces his office and his party.You feel he meddled in State politics when he shouldn't have, eh? Well, you've always got Pat Buchanan to extoll. Is there any republican you think highly of?

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 02:12 AM
You feel he meddled in State politics when he shouldn't have, eh? Well, you've always got Pat Buchanan to extoll. Is there any republican you think highly of?

Of course.

Tom Coburn is, without a doubt, the best Senator in the Senate (his endorsement of McCain not withstanding). Jim DeMint is a close 2nd.

In the house, I like guys like Jeff Flake, John Shadegg, Steve King, Dana Rhorbaucher (sic), etc.

I adore Teddy Olson and would love to see him as a future AG.

I like Michael Steele a lot and would love to have seen him as the RNC Chairman.

Ike
2/13/2008, 03:41 AM
Of course.

Tom Coburn is, without a doubt, the best Senator in the Senate (his endorsement of McCain not withstanding). Jim DeMint is a close 2nd.

In the house, I like guys like Jeff Flake, John Shadegg, Steve King, Dana Rhorbaucher (sic), etc.

I adore Teddy Olson and would love to see him as a future AG.

I like Michael Steele a lot and would love to have seen him as the RNC Chairman.

I think I've got a Tom Coburn rookie card laying around here. How much do you think it's worth?

sorry...just this list of people and starting off with "he is the best senator in the senate" got me thinking about all those baseball cards I had as a kid for some reason, and how they should have the same thing for politicians.

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 03:54 AM
I think I've got a Tom Coburn rookie card laying around here. How much do you think it's worth?

sorry...just this list of people and starting off with "he is the best senator in the senate" got me thinking about all those baseball cards I had as a kid for some reason, and how they should have the same thing for politicians.

They have them for Presidents. I used to have a set.

King Crimson
2/13/2008, 09:41 AM
Pat used to be a boxer. I bet he could take Delay.

Mongo
2/13/2008, 09:44 AM
well, i'm glad you asked.

basically i just julienne the jicama and beets, as well as some carrots. add some cut up orange segments. add about a 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice and salt to taste. drizzle with some olive oil and enjoy.

you can also add unsalted peanuts if you like.

ywia.

how does your boyfriend like your jicama salad?

2/13/2008, 11:25 AM
I believe Jeff Flake is quitting, and I know John Shadegg is. What pres. candidate would appoint Ted Olson to AG or anything else? (I don't trust McCain to appoint conservatives to any poositions.)

Harry Beanbag
2/13/2008, 06:18 PM
how does your boyfriend like your jicama salad?

Tossed of course. Is there really any other way?

OCUDad
2/13/2008, 08:34 PM
Is "jicama" hiney-wiper code for "hickey"?

Vaevictis
2/13/2008, 08:55 PM

I think that Coburn is a little bit of a whack job on a personal level, but I do have to give him respect for the fact that once he got to Washington he started doing exactly what he said he'd do despite the fact that it marginalizes him.

DeLay was as bad as a politician gets. At least in the last few years, power wasn't the means to an end, power was the end itself. He wasn't left OR right; he was for whatever move would concentrate power in his own hands.