PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking forward to the new Knight Rider?

achiro
2/12/2008, 10:13 PM
Really?:confused:

I won't lie though, I will check it out at least for a few minutes to see the mustang!

Blue
2/12/2008, 10:15 PM
NBC is crap.

Scott D
2/12/2008, 10:16 PM
If the new Knight Rider could be any worse it'd be the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2008, 10:26 PM
NO...HELL NO...and **** NO!!!

achiro
2/12/2008, 10:30 PM
If the new Knight Rider could be any worse it'd be the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
That show is actually not bad if you are ok with watching something for pure entertainment value(ie blowing **** up) and don't worry about the acting quality.:D I was actually telling my wife the other night that we need more of those dukes, fall guy, charlies angels, 6 million dollar man, type shows that spend the money tearing **** up instead of worrying about drama or stuff like acting meh.

GottaHavePride
2/12/2008, 10:36 PM
So, you mean, like a police drama starring Sammo Hung, the guy that choreographed fight scenes for Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan?

Yeah, it tanked.

Scott D
2/12/2008, 10:42 PM
dammit, Sammo's show ruled.

so did Nash Bridges (because of Cheech Marin)

GottaHavePride
2/12/2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't say I didn't think it was awesome...

Scott D
2/12/2008, 10:51 PM
I really think it would have been fun to confuse American audiences with Sammo, Jackie, and Yuen Biao in a show.

BudSooner
2/13/2008, 06:49 AM
http://www.officefinder.com/images/jennifer_aniston_ron_livingstone_office_space.jpg

"You should come over and watch Kung Fu"

Harry Beanbag
2/13/2008, 07:17 AM
So, you mean, like a police drama starring Sammo Hung, the guy that choreographed fight scenes for Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan?

Yeah, it tanked.

Arsenio Hall killed it. Sammo ruled though.

OUsooner1
2/13/2008, 07:50 AM
http://uk.gizmodo.com/knight%20rider.jpg

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 08:18 AM
I might watch a little of it . . . I can't believe that they'd waste time and money on a show like this. Especially when shows like Farscape and Firefly got the shaft.

If anyone gets nosy, just, you know, shoot 'em.

Hot Rod
2/13/2008, 09:47 AM
Read this last week about the show:

"A carmaker conflict has caused NBC to hire Val Kilmer to replace Will Arnett as the voice of KITT on its "Knight Rider" revival reports Variety.

Arnett ("Arrested Development") had already completed his part for the pic, which is slated to debut on NBC in less than two weeks and the producers were happy with his performance.

Problem is, Arnett had a contractual conflict of interest - having done voice-over work for General Motors for almost a decade, whereas 'Knight' is heavily sponsored by Ford who's taking an active role in the production.

Not surprisingly, when GM found out about the Ford connection, it asked Arnett to pull out. While NBC and Universal Media Studios will have to scramble to replace Arnett's dialogue with Kilmer's work, the upside is landing a well-known name for the part."

StoopTroup
2/17/2008, 11:24 PM
We watched the last hour of it and entered the giveaway for the car.

My little boy thinks the car is the coolest....

It's an OK spin on the original IMO.

The Hoff looked better than the last time I saw him eating a hamburger. :pop:

BigRedJed
2/17/2008, 11:28 PM
Watched a few minutes of it, but about gagged on how much EVERY SCENE resembled a Ford commercial. And heck, I like Fords.

StoopTroup
2/17/2008, 11:43 PM
Watched a few minutes of it, but about gagged on how much EVERY SCENE resembled a Ford commercial. And heck, I like Fords.

Yeah...Ford was really laying it on thick...

They'll probably keep laying it on until they get those 7,000 cars sold.

BigRedJed
2/17/2008, 11:44 PM
I think the blue oval on the chasing SUV had a tiny little spotlight aimed on it the entire chase scene.

StoopTroup
2/17/2008, 11:49 PM
When he let that SUV slam into the side of the Mustang...

You noticed how it destroyed that 8,000 lb. General Motors SUV? :D

Not a scratch on the Mustang.

I didn't know the new ones came with Nano Technology for $32,000.00. :D

GottaHavePride
2/18/2008, 12:02 AM
So I read that the new KITT can change shapes and colors.

So, this movie was a re-make of the show VIPER, but called Knight Rider and sponsored by Ford instead of Dodge?

Guh.

StoopTroup
2/18/2008, 12:25 AM
I'd say it's more like the original Knight Rider with an updated car.

It's the same bad writing with car chase scenes.

It'll probably last 9 or 10 years LOL.