the 2008 season.

The Atlanta, Ga., native played in the 2007 opener against North Texas
and logged one tackle while playing on special teams. He played in 10
games as a freshman in 2006 and most of that action also was on special
teams.

Caleb incurred the injury on his right knee in the '07 opener and missed
the remainder of the campaign, but has full clearance to participate in
spring drills.

The hardship waiver was handed down by the Big 12 Conference.

OU is slated to begin its spring practices March 5. Additional
information relative to those times when fans can observe the team will
be announced at a later date.

The annual Red/White Spring Game will take place April 12. The starting
time is yet to be determined.

OU SID Report

jccouger
2/12/2008, 05:07 PM
Nice, I wondered what happened with him this year. I hadn't even known he was injured.

humblesooner
2/12/2008, 05:15 PM
I had always heard the story that you played/stayed at the school for 5 years (1 RS and 4 playing) then if you had medical circumstances, you could apply for a medical RS after the 5th year.

I guess that is not true, unless the "Hardship Waiver" is different than a medical red shirt.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2008, 05:42 PM
I had always heard the story that you played/stayed at the school for 5 years (1 RS and 4 playing) then if you had medical circumstances, you could apply for a medical RS after the 5th year.

I guess that is not true, unless the "Hardship Waiver" is different than a medical red shirt.

I am not 100% sure of this...but I think that means 2007 was his redshirt year.

Collier11
2/12/2008, 05:49 PM
I am not 100% sure of this...but I think that means 2007 was his redshirt year.

you can get a medical hardship for any year as far as I know, in JW's case I think he just waited cus it was early it happened twice and both times were a few games into the season

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2008, 05:52 PM
you can get a medical hardship for any year as far as I know, in JW's case I think he just waited cus it was early it happened twice and both times were a few games into the season

Yes you can, but Caleb had not used a redshirt. Meaning last year really ended up as his redshirt year. He don't think he can redshirt now.

Collier11
2/12/2008, 05:56 PM
NO idea?

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2008, 06:58 PM
NO idea?

Maybe I am wrong....

14.2.4 Hardship Waiver.
c) The injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates
of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the
institution’s scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. Only scheduled or
completed competition (including exempted events but excluding scrimmages and exhibition contests identi-
fied as such in the legislation) against outside participants during the playing season that concludes with the
NCAA championship, or, if so designated, during the official NCAA championship playing season in that
sport (e.g., spring baseball, fall soccer), shall be countable under this limitation in calculating both the number
of contests or dates of competition in which the student-athlete has participated and the number of scheduled
or completed contests or dates of competition during that season in the sport. (Revised: 1/10/92, 1/14/97
effective 8/1/97, 4/26/01 effective 8/1/01, 3/10/04, 5/11/05, 8/4/05, 4/26/07 applicable to student-athletes who
initially enrolled full time in a collegiate institution on or after August 1, 2003)

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2008, 07:02 PM
Couldn't happen for a nicer guy. I met Brandon outside the Switzer Center the week after the Tulsa game. He was totally blown away that I had come all the way from Alaska to watch a game.

PLaw
2/12/2008, 07:55 PM
Couldn't happen for a nicer guy. I met Brandon outside the Switzer Center the week after the Tulsa game. He was totally blown away that I had come all the way from Alaska to watch a game.

Heck, I'm blown away that somebody would come all the way from Anchorage for a college football game. YOU, my friend, are a true Crimson SOONER.

BOOMER

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2008, 07:59 PM

NO its not true..You and I had a disagreement over this same matter a while back

soonerboomer93
2/12/2008, 08:12 PM
Alaska

Hah

JK's son flew in from Iraq

I flew in from S. Korea

oh, and I sponsored a tailgate, unlike banker boy :D

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2008, 08:22 PM
Alaska

Hah

I flew in from S. Korea

And yet I get all the credit.

Go squeeze your pus hole.

Crucifax Autumn
2/13/2008, 01:34 AM
I flew all the way to my chair for every game this season! Where's my credit?

JLEW1818
2/13/2008, 12:55 PM
The story claims that the Big 12 gave him the hardship? As far as a medical rs I do believe that NCAA has to give those? Or I could be 100% wrong. lol

neilperry
2/16/2008, 02:25 PM
Really happy for Brandon, really nice and funny guy. Hope he does well.

SOONER STEAKER
2/16/2008, 02:41 PM
Alaska

Hah

I flew in from S. Korea

That's cool. Back in 1990, I flew in for the OU/TX RRS from San Juan, PR. I worked over there for 3 years after Hurricane Hugo devestated the island.