PDA

View Full Version : Have you had to bail anybody out of jail recently,

TUSooner
2/12/2008, 02:16 PM
or been bailed out?
I had the pleasure of getting a firend out of Central Lockup in New Orleans last Friday. Nothing much fun; he was hauled in for an outstanding traffic ticket in a town across the river. The order for his release came through about 7:15 PM, and the lady behind the window said, "He's about to be released, just have a seat." So I sat on the wooden hard bench with the chipping, peeling paint in the dirty waiting room with the stained ceiling tiles and a mouse behind the coke machine.
My party was released ALMOST 8 HOURS LATER, at 3:00 AM.

Is this just more New Orleans style gross inefficiency?
Or are there similar delays in other places?

I'm just talkintg about the time between making bail and actual release, not how long it takes to obtain and pay the bail money, etc.

Olevet - I expect to heard from you! :D

Boarder
2/12/2008, 02:21 PM
I did. It took about 30 minutes. But, that was Purcell. I don't know how you waited that long. I'd have gotten my money back by then.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/12/2008, 02:22 PM
I did. It took about 30 minutes. But, that was Purcell. I don't know how you waited that long. I'd have gotten my money back by then.

It was Dean, wuddn't it?

:eddie:

Boarder
2/12/2008, 02:24 PM
Hey, I told you I wouldn't tell anyone on the board. Just DROP IT!

royalfan5
2/12/2008, 02:25 PM
Is it a Louisiana thing not to pay for tickets? I had a college roommate from Slidell that had outstanding warrants for tickets multiple times.

TUSooner
2/12/2008, 02:27 PM

Y'know, they wanted to ship him across the river to the place with the outstanding ticket. I prob'ly should have let them do that. It might have been quicker to get him out of the little jail. Live and learn :)

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 02:27 PM

Sounds about right based on my brief visit. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/12/2008, 02:29 PM
What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Hatfield
2/12/2008, 02:41 PM
i got a buddy out of jail on a dui sunday before noon.

he told me today he has 6 letters from various law firms in the mail box..before noon. :)

olevetonahill
2/12/2008, 02:54 PM
I got a FRIEND ;) Out
He got poped about 930 the nite before , The Bondsman had me Er him out By 4 pm the next day .

47straight
2/12/2008, 08:23 PM
TU, maybe the 8 hour wait is standard for all prisoners with the assumption that's all the jail time they'll do for robbery, crack possession, human trafficking or whaever else they got picked up for?

TUSooner
2/12/2008, 08:42 PM
TU, maybe the 8 hour wait is standard for all prisoners with the assumption that's all the jail time they'll do for robbery, crack possession, human trafficking or whaever else they got picked up for?
hmm. maybe. But I'm tending to think it's just inefficiency and laziness by the jail staff.

olevetonahill
2/12/2008, 08:46 PM
hmm. maybe. But I'm tending to think it's just inefficiency and laziness by the jail staff.
They was just waitin to make sure all the Bubbas got em some :eek:

dolemitesooner
2/12/2008, 08:50 PM
Jail is awesome

- Free food
- Free room and board
- Free anul sex

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/12/2008, 10:11 PM
I THOUGHT YOU WERE LEAVING!!!

:kelvin:

Jerk
2/12/2008, 10:19 PM
or been bailed out?
I had the pleasure of getting a firend out of Central Lockup in New Orleans last Friday. Nothing much fun; he was hauled in for an outstanding traffic ticket in a town across the river. The order for his release came through about 7:15 PM, and the lady behind the window said, "He's about to be released, just have a seat." So I sat on the wooden hard bench with the chipping, peeling paint in the dirty waiting room with the stained ceiling tiles and a mouse behind the coke machine.
My party was released ALMOST 8 HOURS LATER, at 3:00 AM.

Or are there similar delays in other places?

I'm just talkintg about the time between making bail and actual release, not how long it takes to obtain and pay the bail money, etc.

Olevet - I expect to heard from you! :D

I would have thought better of you. A person of such high stature and reputation should associate himself with a more, uh, congenial and docile crowd.

;)

StoopTroup
2/12/2008, 10:24 PM
I bailed this one guy out and I was at wits end by the time we actually got him out.

This was before the David L. Moss Center for the Criminally Insane was built.

They had the guy at the Detention Center and it takes quite awhile for them to bring him back for release. Once they get to the point they are going to release him they run a final warrant check on him and low and behold he's got some unpaid fines. They tell me the amount and I ask them to hold him and I'll be right back with the money.

They send him back to lock-up.

I come back and have to wait for him to be processed into detention and then be put back onto the bus back to County.

Yep...you guessed it...they ran another warrant check and it wasn't clear as they had told me the wrong amount.

The only thing in my favor at that point was, I had brought extra cash and had enough to pay the balance right then and there, otherwise they would have done it again.

I was pretty PO'd.

It would take quite a bit for me to go get someone out now.

ultimatesooner1
2/13/2008, 05:47 PM
my cousin got locked up when we were paryting in fayetville a few weekends ago. he couldn't get out until Monday so I had to go to the jail to get his personal belongings so I could take the car home on Sunday to be at work on Monday. It took like an hour and a half to get his stuff out. His brother went and got him the next day, I'm not sure how long that took

TUSooner
2/13/2008, 07:08 PM
I guess the point here is that jail is not good for the person inside or the person trying to get him or her out. :(

olevetonahill
2/13/2008, 07:20 PM
I guess the point here is that jail is not good for the person inside or the person trying to get him or her out. :(

Hey Kev , My " Friend" wanted ME to axe you If you had any stroke Here in S/E Okla ?

Mjcpr
2/13/2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, he's kind of a big deal.

MojoRisen
2/13/2008, 08:16 PM
Try Virginia - no right to a jury unless it is a Felony and no bail hearngs. You have to go in front of something called a Magistrate - some English term and then it is up to him to set a bail or likely just release you on OR - but by then you have been locked up for 24 hours. No constition out here really they are slowly chiping away at it.

olevetonahill
2/13/2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, he's kind of a big deal.
Bro I know Kev Is a Big stroke On Nola . But My "Friend" wanted to Know if he had any stroke in district court Here .:P

2/13/2008, 10:00 PM
Good crowd we're runnin' with here.

olevetonahill
2/13/2008, 10:03 PM
Good crowd we're runnin' with here.
Well My " Friend " dont have any mo Ganja . But he is Buyin a still
Said He Just wanted to Purify water or someshat .
I believe him .;) :pop:

TUSooner
2/14/2008, 06:54 AM
Hey Kev , My " Friend" wanted ME to axe you If you had any stroke Here in S/E Okla ?
I got exactly
NO stroke
NO where.
And I look like the lostest and stupidest guy in the house.:(

2/14/2008, 07:30 AM
Did someone say "Southeast Oklahoma?"

http://harmonias.com/FancyLadyBanjo.jpg

olevetonahill
2/14/2008, 04:29 PM
I got exactly
NO stroke
NO where.