PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Football, next year is set up for success...

Collier11
2/12/2008, 12:54 PM
Idaho-w
Blowout

Toledo-w
Good Team but they should win this at home if Mike is going to have a job after 08'

@New Mexico-w
I know this is the kind of game Mike has been losing including last year at home, but they have to win this

@UCLA-L
Nueheisel makes a big diff and its on the road

Wash-W
They have to win these next two

@Stanford-W
See above

Cal-L
At home but tough game, could be upset

USC-L
Another big game at home, can Coach get his signature win?

@Wazzu-Win
This team is bad, they should win even on road

@Oregon-Toss up
I say toss up cus they have beaten them 2 straight years

Oregon St-W
Another game at home that they need to win

ASU-Toss UP
Lost last 3 to his main rival and stirred the pot already, he needs to get this one

THis has got to be Mike Stoops year, get early momentum now that they have the Offense clicking and ride that to a 7 win season with possibility of winning 8 maybe

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2008, 01:00 PM
The problem with his Arizona tenure is that he has lost a lot of those types of games you have marked as a W..Seems like his teams don't start playing well til about the 6th or 7th game

Collier11
2/12/2008, 01:07 PM
The problem with his Arizona tenure is that he has lost a lot of those types of games you have marked as a W..Seems like his teams don't start playing well til about the 6th or 7th game

Exactly, thats why this is obviously the year that he needs to start winning those games

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2008, 01:13 PM
Agreed. I was a little surprised they brought him back this season but I say another non bowl year will get him canned

Collier11
2/12/2008, 01:20 PM
Agreed. I was a little surprised they brought him back this season but I say another non bowl year will get him canned

Unfortunately I think the fan base is getting restless and if he doesnt have a 8-4 or 9-3 type season he could be in trouble, maybe a 7-5 year with a bowl win would do it?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/12/2008, 02:02 PM
I think getting to a bowl will get it done. Some of type of improvement will help. Hopefully Sonny Dykes can do more with his offense this year and the QB will be more consistent.

OU_Sooners75
2/12/2008, 03:28 PM
We are talking Arizona. If they lose to ASU again, he is done. That is of course unless he goes better than 7-5.

aj44mc
2/12/2008, 03:50 PM
I hate to say it but I hope he does poorly but beats USC and moves on. Then I hope UA hires some scumbag I can really hate. Mike Stoops deserves better and Arizona deserves worse. Go Devils! Uhh! I mean Sooners!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/12/2008, 06:53 PM
I hate to say it but I hope he does poorly but beats USC and moves on. Then I hope UA hires some scumbag I can really hate. Mike Stoops deserves better and Arizona deserves worse. Go Devils! Uhh! I mean Sooners!ASU beat Mike out of some prized recruits at the last minute, I understand. Beating ASU on the field this yr. will be vital for Mike to keep his job. All i ask of both the U of A and ASU is to suck away some prized recruits from suc, and reduce the suc to a normal football program, again.

Crucifax Autumn
2/13/2008, 01:37 AM
ASU is a sure win for mike...I mean...It's a junior college! lol

SoonerKnight
2/13/2008, 01:59 AM
ASU is a sure win for mike...I mean...It's a junior college! lol
Actually he's right! I read that AU has pretty tough admissions and is selective while ASU is like OSU they suck in the admissions thing. :D
Go Mike!!!

Crucifax Autumn
2/13/2008, 02:37 AM
I hope he does great...the guy deserves it. And if ASU has the lax admission standards we've been talking about, they deserve to lose. These kids aren't all gonna play in the NFL so most of them deserve a real education and should either earn their way to college academically or go to a junior college or trade school and make themselves a secure future.

aj44mc
2/13/2008, 08:38 AM
Actually he's right! I read that AU has pretty tough admissions and is selective while ASU is like OSU they suck in the admissions thing. :D
Go Mike!!!

Nah admission is the same. UA has a bigger medical program which is tougher to get in but ASU is a lot bigger than UofA and Tuscon is a ****ty place to live.

goingoneight
2/14/2008, 01:53 AM
I like Mike Stoops, but I have seen him coach in about three different games for the past four years now. His guys are fundamentally solid on defense, but the team overall has problems. The record shows it. Mike struggles mightily with game management. Last year all they needed to do to upset 2nd-ranked Oregon was to just run the clock out and Arizona is throwing passes into coverage downfield like they were down two possessions. BOB Stoops could shut-out that schedule at 12-0... I think 6-6/7-5 at best. Some guys are great motivators, great position coaches or great coordinators even... but head coaching may not be their strongest suit.

Once again, I like the guy so don't read me wrong here...

badger
2/14/2008, 10:31 AM
Arizona a sucess, so Erickson is a phail, as is Carroll, what a phail, and that newbie guy at UCLA (who doesn't deserve his name mentioned here), phail too.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why we LOVE Carol Stoops.

...um, I mean MIKE Stoops.

cheezyq
2/14/2008, 12:43 PM
Nah admission is the same. UA has a bigger medical program which is tougher to get in but ASU is a lot bigger than UofA and Tuscon is a ****ty place to live.

Funny, aside from the fact that there's no water in the entire state of Arizona (except the Flagstaff area), and you feel like your stepping onto a frying pan when you first get off the plane, I actually liked Tucson.

The people were pretty cool anyway.

sooneron
2/15/2008, 09:42 AM
I'll take Tucson over the smog valley any day. Good food. If he wins 7 and gets to a bowl, he keeps his job.

AZSoonerCat
2/16/2008, 01:05 AM
I'll take Tucson over the smog valley any day. Good food. If he wins 7 and gets to a bowl, he keeps his job.

Well said on both counts.

Go Cats!

Flagstaffsooner
2/16/2008, 09:11 AM
Funny, aside from the fact that there's no water in the entire state of Arizona (except the Flagstaff area), and you feel like your stepping onto a frying pan when you first get off the plane, I actually liked Tucson.

The people were pretty cool anyway.

:confused: No water here either. Until our snows of the last couple of months our city lake was about 10% full.

And yes I would take Tucson over that turd hole valley that Tempe is in any day.