PDA

View Full Version : Che Guevara Flags in Barack Hussein Obama's Houston Office...

Pages : 1 [2]

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2008, 05:32 PM
I was going to vote based on who had the hottest wife, but Kucinich and Thompson both dropped out already.
There's always Huck's wife.

Echoes
2/12/2008, 05:35 PM
I think my cheetos bag idea was a pretty dang good one. That factor and the one on who could lay the most drywall in an 8 hour work day is what I consider important to America.

My big problem is this: I have always been interested in politics and what not. Now I am still a younger guy (21), but I was hoping that when I got older I would be able to participate in strong discussions on the topic. It is a topic I feel passionately about. I never have any problems with people who disagree with me on the economy, war, whatever. That is what makes it fun, to decide what is best for America.

But when I go to participate in these discussions here and on other boards, they are nowhere to be seen. Is all I hear is idiots saying, "OMG DID OYU GUYS NO THAT OBAMA'S MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN??"

Who? Cares. Is this really an important issue? I am worried about graduate school costs and how I will afford health care at this point in my life? What do I hear from anyone and everyone I speak to? "HILLARY CANT BE PRESIDENT BILL WILL RUN DA OFFIS LOL" and "BARAK WENT TO GRADE SKOOL IN A ISLAMIC COUNTRY KAN U BELEIVE IT?"

Grow up. Talk about something important. Is it Barack's fault what his middle name is or where he was forced to go to school when he was a child? No. Is it Hillary's fault she is a woman? No. Concentrate on the issue's. Decide what in your opinion would be best for the country. Then vote for that person.

/vent off :)

silverwheels
2/12/2008, 05:36 PM
Or you could move to Canada.

Echoes
Should have been a period there after life. Not a ?. Ugh, I have been writing a paper all day over the use of antabuse as a deterrent for alcoholism :(

My bad.

leavingthezoo
man, why do i suddenly want cheetos?

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2008, 05:39 PM
Service members must salute during the National Anthem while in uniform, I would hazard an educated guess that 99.999% of them do it with great pride. Service members in uniform must also salute the flag when it goes up at the beginning of the day and down at the end. That being said, anybody wanting to be the God damn Commander in ****ing Chief had better do it as well.

It's frustratingly and irritatingly sad that some people don't seem to understand or care that this is a big deal and can even rationalize around it.

Lapel pins? I couldn't care less. I see and agree with his point with those. That's like going to church every Sunday and claiming it makes you a good Christian. But again, like Jed has said, his PR team is failing him by not making him wear one.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 05:41 PM
FYI, Alliance doesn't have a Runway 5.

How do you know? Do you live on runway one?
And why is it that what I say is taken seriously but your innerweb buddies can say anything and it doesn’t bother you or BigRedJed? If I was really p*ssed off I would just post FU and not come back.It's called thrust and parry.

BigRedJed
I met Janet Huckabee randomly a couple of years ago. Nice lady. I had a spur-of-the-moment meeting with some guys restoring a submarine in North Little Rock, way down an out-of-the way country lane, and she and Cathy Keating (post-Frank's gubernatorial service) came strolling up anannounced.

It was bizzare considering the circumstances/location and the fact that I had met and interacted with Cathy a number of times. It was just really weird to run into her hundreds of miles from home, in another state, and in a REALLY random place. But Janet Huckabee was incredibly nice.

mdklatt
This:

Now I am still a younger guy (21)

Explains this:

but I was hoping that when I got older I would be able to participate in strong discussions on the topic

Let the dream die. Life is like a SO thread without the smilies. :texan:

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 05:44 PM
How do you know?

I've landed there before.

bri
2/12/2008, 05:45 PM

Because they're delicious?

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 05:47 PM

You've been hanging around rufnek05?

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 05:48 PM
I've landed there before.

See now you're confusing me. Are you being hostile? I can see the tower from the roof of my house. You're telling me you've landed there seems to imply you’re invading our subdivision. Don’t make me call our HOA because in a matter of one and a half to three years they’ll by god do something about it.

BigRedJed
2/12/2008, 05:51 PM
How do you know? Do you live on runway one?
And why is it that what I say is taken seriously but your innerweb buddies can say anything and it doesn’t bother you or BigRedJed? If I was really p*ssed off I would just post FU and not come back.It's called thrust and parry.
It's not that your posts are being taken seriously, it's your tone. Totally uncalled for, jokes or no. Now I'm going to say it one more time, pipe down.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/12/2008, 05:53 PM
Does this thread have a Cliff's Notes version?

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 05:53 PM
Are you being hostile?

More like being a smartass.

I can see the tower from the roof of my house. You're telling me you've landed there seems to imply you’re invading our subdivision.

I've flown to the airport before. And landed there. That's kind of the point of the airport. Back then it just had one north-south runway, but now it's got two: 16L/34R and 16R/34L.

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 05:57 PM

Barack Obama is a Communist. And probably a Muslim terrorist. Condescending Sooner and Animal Mother both need a nap. Leavingthezoo is afraid of marshmallows. Mrs. Kucinich and Thompson and Huckabee (allegedly) are hawt. Cheetos are delicious.

EDIT: Mrs. Huckabee is NOT hawt.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 05:58 PM
It's not that your posts are being taken seriously, it's your tone. Totally uncalled for, jokes or no. Now I'm going to say it one more time, pipe down.

Please define pipe down. Seriously. I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply. Also please show me a particular post where I express myself in a manner that much different from someone else. Why do you feel it is necessary to scold me like I was your dog. I’m really in the dark here. Did I strike some personal note? If I did it was an accident.

leavingthezoo
2/12/2008, 06:03 PM

That Obama traitor lets his rogue volunteers put up an offensive flag at an unofficial site.

Obama traitor was caught with his hands down around his hips.

George Bush was caught with his down around his stomach, but that's still patriotic.

Dean feels we're all unpatriotic and should shut up. (i'm guessing.)

If you're not wearing a lapel pin, you are evil.

If you are wearing a lapel pin, you're just putting on a show.

A lot of us didn't know you had to cover your heart during the National Anthem, but apparently there IS documentation that it is required... so next time, I will. But for those who don't because they don't realise they're supposed to, too bad, they're going to hell or maybe Canada.

People are fools who have family members who would have voted for someone with a japanese name after world war II.

They aren't fools if they voted Eisenhower because even though it's a german name, his family was here long enough to have the naughty washed off 'em.

MARSHMALLOWS ARE TEH SCARY!

Down, Animal, Down!

I'm sure I missed a few points. I was traumatized by the marshmallows.

Jerk
2/12/2008, 06:03 PM
How did this thread go from the subject a Che Guevara flag in Barack's Houston office to how we're all a bunch of stupid redneck racists for failing to see that there is nothing wrong with not saluting the flag of a country you want to be CIC of?

If a Republican office had some fascist flag on display then a lot of the 'no big deal' crowd here would be having a fit.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother
Are you being hostile?

More like being a smartass.
Quote:
I can see the tower from the roof of my house. You're telling me you've landed there seems to imply you’re invading our subdivision.

I've flown to the airport before. And landed there. That's kind of the point of the airport. Back then it just had one north-south runway, but now it's got two: 16L/34R and 16R/34L.

Yeah. I get it. I'm pretending not to get it. What happened here? Is anyone else PO'd Let me know and fire away. I'm just being off the wall because this seems like a strange thing to be debating. Wearing pins and hand positioning.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:06 PM
That Obama traitor lets his rogue volunteers put up an offensive flag at an unofficial site.

Obama traitor was caught with his hands down around his hips.

George Bush was caught with his down around his stomach, but that's still patriotic.

Dean feels we're all unpatriotic and should shut up. (i'm guessing.)

If you're not wearing a lapel pin, you are evil.

If you are wearing a lapel pin, you're just putting on a show.

A lot of us didn't know you had to cover your heart during the National Anthem, but apparently there IS documentation that it is required... so next time, I will. But for those who don't because they don't realise they're supposed to, too bad, they're going to hell or maybe Canada.

People are fools who have family members who would have voted for someone with a japanese name after world war II.

They aren't fools if they voted Eisenhower because even though it's a german name, his family was here long enough to have the naughty washed off 'em.

MARSHMALLOWS ARE TEH SCARY!

Down, Animal, Down!

I'm sure I missed a few points. I was traumatized by the marshmallows.

O.K.
Now that you asked me like the human dumbazz I am, I’ll attenuate.

bri
2/12/2008, 06:07 PM
I LIKE PIE!

leavingthezoo
2/12/2008, 06:07 PM
Yeah. I get it. I'm pretending not to get it. What happened here? Is anyone else PO'd Let me know and fire away.

It depends... are you hiding marshmallows? :mad:

Widescreen
2/12/2008, 06:08 PM
See, that's where you're completely off base.

I didn't call "everyone" an idiot. I called people who think that someone's given name is particularly relevant to their beliefs idiots.

If you happen to be one of those people, then, well, OK.
I like that game. Everyone quoted immediately above is an idiot.

;)

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:08 PM
It depends... are you hiding marshmallows? :mad:

Yeah but you don't want to know where I'm hiding them.
Did I do it again?

leavingthezoo
2/12/2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah but you don't want to know where I'm hiding them.
Did I do it again?

well, lemme guess. is it bigger than a bread box? :P

mdklatt
2/12/2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah. I get it. I'm pretending not to get it. What happened here?

We can't tell if you're a being a smartass or just a ******. You're too new.

85Sooner
2/12/2008, 06:13 PM
OK. I'm hearing a bunch of stuff about how stupid/trivial/substance-lacking it is to wear a lapel pin of the American flag (not the "stars and bars" hatfield), and the people who are arguing this point keep bringing up the "substance" Obama is made of. Obama himself keeps bringing up "**** the flag, it's what's in my heart that matters."

OK, tell me, WTF is in your heart? How do you really feel about America? Are you just pandering to the young, dumb, and clueless voters out there and the anybody but Bush clan? Are you just pandering to the young, intelligent, but seriously lacking the true knowledge of the foundation of freedom crowd like bri, pg, mdklatt, etc?

Cause to me, Obama is pretty much just pimping. He's got a ho for every situation. He's got a ho for the blacks, a ho for the other minorities, a ho for the commies, a ho for the America haters, and a ho for the young children with heads full of sawdust.

When I wear a suit I wear the flag on my lapel. When they play the NA I stand very still, remove my headgear, and hold it over my heart. And you're damn ****ing straight I say the pledge of allegiance and include the "under God" section. Why? Because I'm not a spoiled little peckerhead who's had everything handed to me on a silver platter. I believe this is the greatest country in the history of the world, and I've spent my time defending her. If you wanna disrespect my commitment/love/duty/honor by poo pooing the NA or pledge or flag pin that's fine. Just don't do it around me, and don't expect me to vote for you.

bravo

bri
2/12/2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/images/potd_pi-pie.jpg

BigRedJed
2/12/2008, 06:14 PM
Please define pipe down. Seriously. I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply. Also please show me a particular post where I express myself in a manner that much different from someone else. Why do you feel it is necessary to scold me like I was your dog. I’m really in the dark here. Did I strike some personal note? If I did it was an accident.
The only personal note you struck with me is when you directly attack other posters. That's off-limits. Read carefully through this thread. The thread continues to live and has had very few moderated or deleted posts, until you came along.

Why?

Because, despite the fact that the thread contains subject matter that many on the board find obnoxious, most everyone here (besides you) gets that they can discuss just about anything as long as they don't get outright obscene or make personal attacks. You rode the line on doing both.

Now, it's not just me, apparently, who felt this way. Two other mods deleted posts of yours that were attacking in nature or at least pretty offensive.

If you want to get an idea of the type of tone/posting that is appreciated on this board, perhaps you should do less posting and more reading. At least for a while.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:18 PM
We can't tell if you're a being a smartass or just a ******. You're too new.

This should explain me and my saying so should scare the hell out of you.

I tried to be serious once and everyone laughed.

My wife claims I upset people. So since she rules I apologize and they say don’t worry I didn’t insult them. My dad used to say my sense of humor was more like a sense of hammer or that it was drier than a handful of dirt with a melba toast chaser .

85Sooner
2/12/2008, 06:20 PM
I said the pledge every day from first grade up through 8th grade when I moved from Maryland to Hawaii. I didn't say it once while in Hawaii, at first it was odd not to do it, but there's nothing wrong with it. I also lived on a military base, so I'm sure that I stopped for reveille and taps more than a fair share of the people on this board who said the pledge right up through the day they graduated high school.

There are better ways to teach children their civic duties, and to assist in their preparation for life. Truthfully, nobody needs to say the pledge more than once in their lifetime.

I thought you lived in Okla most of that time. No?

Sooner_Havok
2/12/2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, and I brought up the point that Eisenhower's family had lived in the US for 200 years. You both ignored that.

We didn't ignore it, it is just irrelevant. So if Mr Barack Hussein Obama's ancestors had lived in the US for 200 years, and he still had the name Barack Hussein Obama, you would be fine with it, and wouldn't have the need to feel concerned right. I don't understand that.

85Sooner
2/12/2008, 06:22 PM
Wow! Did you get that disinformation off the back of a box of McCain Muffins or did you make them up all by your paranoid fear of a black planet self??

Which one is the disinformation part?

85Sooner
2/12/2008, 06:25 PM
I met Janet Huckabee randomly a couple of years ago. Nice lady. I had a spur-of-the-moment meeting with some guys restoring a submarine in North Little Rock, way down an out-of-the way country lane, and she and Cathy Keating (post-Frank's gubernatorial service) came strolling up anannounced.

It was bizzare considering the circumstances/location and the fact that I had met and interacted with Cathy a number of times. It was just really weird to run into her hundreds of miles from home, in another state, and in a REALLY random place. But Janet Huckabee was incredibly nice.

Whats wierd is that the Keatings are backing McCain. Little bird told me if he wins Keating will be in Wash D.C.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2008, 06:26 PM
The only personal note you struck with me is when you directly attack other posters. That's off-limits. Read carefully through this thread. The thread continues to live and has had very few moderated or deleted posts, until you came along.

Why?

Because, despite the fact that the thread contains subject matter that many on the board find obnoxious, most everyone here (besides you) gets that they can discuss just about anything as long as they don't get outright obscene or make personal attacks. You rode the line on doing both.

Now, it's not just me, apparently, who felt this way. Two other mods deleted posts of yours that were attacking in nature or at least pretty offensive.

If you want to get an idea of the type of tone/posting that is appreciated on this board, perhaps you should do less posting and more reading. At least for a while.

Allow me to translate:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:29 PM
Which one is the disinformation part?

Please re-post the post. That was a long time ago in a mind set far far from mine.Translation: I don't remember except it was much ado about nothing.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:30 PM
Allow me to translate:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9867/vadervm6.jpg
Hey! Don't make me come down 26 and be your friend because then you'll really be hating life !!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/12/2008, 06:33 PM
Whats wierd is that the Keatings are backing McCain. Little bird told me if he wins Keating will be in Wash D.C.You will be hearing more about Keating in the near future. The OTHER Keating-the Keating 5 Scandal...and the CIA Tapes.

BigRedJed
2/12/2008, 06:35 PM
Animal Mother, I'm trying to respond to your PEEM but your mailbox is full. Go delete some PMs and let me know when I can reply.

Animal Mother
2/12/2008, 06:37 PM
Animal Mother, I'm trying to respond to your PEEM but your mailbox is full. Go delete some PMs and let me know when I can reply.

I'll do it right now.

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2008, 07:22 PM
Please re-post the post. That was a long time ago in a mind set far far from mine.Translation: I don't remember except it was much ado about nothing.

You suck at message boards.

Sooner_Havok
2/12/2008, 07:25 PM
Just to keep the mods from having to merge eleventy billion Obama threads...

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#VA) project Barack Hussein Obama winner in Virginia! Now what sucka?!

85Sooner
2/12/2008, 07:44 PM
You will be hearing more about Keating in the near future. The OTHER Keating-the Keating 5 Scandal...and the CIA Tapes.

Yup, yet i dunno, the other four were dems. Not sure off hand how many are still in office.

Scott D
2/12/2008, 08:13 PM
I thought you lived in Okla most of that time. No?

no sir, I moved to Oklahoma to attend the University of Oklahoma in the early 90s. Being a 'military brat' I lived in quite a few locations across the country.

See, we can have a civil discussion.

JohnnyMack
2/12/2008, 08:24 PM
no sir, I moved to Oklahoma to attend the University of Oklahoma in the early 90s. Being a 'military brat' I lived in quite a few locations across the country.

See, we can have a civil discussion.

SoonerScooter would like to have a word with you regarding your status an "OU Fan".

Scott D
2/12/2008, 08:30 PM
SoonerScooter would like to have a word with you regarding your status an "OU Fan".

nope, because I attended the University...just because I didn't graduate doesn't change that :)

Sooner_Bob
2/12/2008, 09:03 PM
I LIKE PIE!

cherry pie?

Jerk
2/12/2008, 09:17 PM
Back to the subject:

"Thirty-nine years ago this week, Ernesto "Che" Guevara got a major dose of his own medicine. Without trial he was declared a murderer, stood against a wall and shot. Historically speaking, justice has rarely been better served. If the saying "What goes around comes around" ever fit, it's here.
"Executions?" Che Guevara exclaimed while addressing the hallowed halls of the U.N. General Assembly on December 9, 1964. "Certainly we execute!" he declared, to the claps and cheers of that august body. "And we will CONTINUE executing as long as it is necessary! This is a war to the DEATH against the revolution's enemies!"
According to the Black Book of Communism (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0674076087/104-8208774-0223107?ie=UTF8&tag=lewrockwell&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0674076087), those firing-squad executions had reached around 10,000 by that time. Sloboban Milosevic, by the way, went on trial for allegedly ordering 8,000 executions. The charge against him by the same U.N. that deliriously applauded Che Guevara's proud proclamation was "genocide."
"I don't need proof to execute a man," snapped Che to a judicial underling in 1959. "I only need proof that it's necessary to execute him!"
The "revolution's enemies" bound, gagged and murdered by Che and his henchmen were among the most enterprising and valiant fighters of the 20th century ranking alongside the Hungarian Freedom Fighters. They fought just as valiantly, as desperately – and, ultimately – just as hopelessly. They fought to the last bullet and usually to the death.
The few survivors live today in places like Miami and New Jersey and qualify as the longest-suffering political prisoners in modern history. But you'll look for their stories on the History Channel and PBS and in the New York Times, etc., in vain. They fought the Left's premier pinup boys, you see. So their heroism doesn't qualify as politically correct drama.
On the contrary, Time magazine honors Che Guevara among "The 100 Most Important People of the Century." Not satisfied with such a measly accolade they list him in the "Heroes and Icons" section, alongside Anne Frank, Andrei Sakharov, Rosa Parks and Mother Theresa. From here the ironies only get richer.
The most popular version of the Che T-shirt and poster, for instance, sports the slogan "Fight Oppression" under his famous face. This is the face of a man who co-founded a regime that jailed more of its subjects than did Hitler's or Stalin's and declared that "individualism must disappear!" In 1959, with the help of Soviet GRU agents, the man celebrated on that T-shirt helped found, train and indoctrinate Cuba's secret police. "Always interrogate your prisoners at night," Che ordered his goons. "A man's resistance is always lower at night." Today the world's largest Che mural adorns Cuba's Ministry of the Interior, the headquarters for Cuba's KGB- and STASI-trained secret police. Nothing could be more fitting.
"Iron" Mike Tyson used to end fights with his arms upraised in triumph. In 2002 he got a huge Che tattoo on his torso, visited Cuba, and has been consistently and horribly stomped in fight after fight ever since, a process perfectly mimicking the combat record of his tattoo idol. Che was indeed proficient at smiting his enemies, Mike, thousands of them, but only after they were bound, gagged and blindfolded – and I'm afraid the National Boxing Federation won't allow this.
When the crowd of A-list hipsters and Beautiful People at the Sundance Film Festival (which included everyone from Tipper and Al Gore to Sharon Stone, Meryl Streep and Paris Hilton) exploded in a rapturous standing ovation for Robert Redford's The Motorcycle Diaries (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005JNCZ/104-8208774-0223107?ie=UTF8&tag=lewrockwell&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00005JNCZ), they were cheering a film glorifying a man who jailed or exiled most of Cuba's best writers, poets and independent filmmakers while converting Cuba's press and cinema – at Czech machine-gunpoint – into propaganda agencies for a Stalinist regime.
Executive producer of the movie Robert Redford (who always kicks off the film festival with a long dirge about the importance of artistic freedom) was forced to screen the film for Che's widow (who heads Cuba's Che Guevara Studies Center) and Fidel Castro for their approval before release. We can only imagine the shrieks of outrage from the Sundance crowd about "censorship!" and "selling out!" had, say, Robert Ackerman required (and acquiesced in) Nancy Reagan's approval to release HBO's The Reagans that same year.
Che groupies are many and varied. Christopher Hitchens, for instance, marvels at Che's "untamable defiance" and assures us in the same New York Times article that "Che was no hypocrite."
The noted historian Benicio Del Toro, who will star as his hero in a Hollywood biopic due next year, says that "Che was just one of those guys who walked the walk and talked the talk. There's just something cool about people like that. The more I get to know Che, the more I respect him."
More than his cruelty, megalomania or even his epic stupidity, what most distinguished Ernesto "Che" Guevara from his peers was his sniveling cowardice. His groupies can run off in a huff, slam their bedroom door and dive headfirst into their beds sobbing and kicking and punching the pillows all they want, but Che surrendered to the Bolivian Rangers voluntarily, from a safe distance, and was captured physically sound and with a fully loaded pistol.
One day before his death in Bolivia, Che Guevara for the first time in his life finally faced something properly describable as combat. So he ordered his guerrilla charges to give no quarter, to fight to the last breath and to the last bullet."
A few hours later, his "untamable defiance," lack of hypocrisy and "walking of the walk" all manifested themselves. With his men doing just what he ordered (fighting and dying to the last bullet), a slightly wounded Che snuck away from the firefight and surrendered with a full clip in his pistol, while whimpering to his captors: "Don't Shoot! I'm Che! I'm worth more to you alive than dead!" His Bolivian captors begged to differ.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/fontova/fontova63.html

bri
2/12/2008, 09:22 PM
Wait, is this thread about Tuba's hard-on for Barack HUSSEIN Obama or Jerk's hard-on for Che? :D

Jerk
2/12/2008, 09:28 PM
Wait, is this thread about Tuba's hard-on for Barack HUSSEIN Obama or Jerk's hard-on for Che? :D

I'm just amazed that so many people think he's "cool."

To me, that's like saying Hilter, Pol Pot, or Stalin, is "cool."

It just doesn't jive with me, man.

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2008, 09:31 PM

I don't know, but somebody on here reeks of Bruce. Or they're from the same gene pool.

bri
2/12/2008, 09:35 PM
I'm just amazed that so many people think he's "cool."

I don't think there's really that many people who think he's cool. They're just a very vocal minority. Vocal and annoying. :D

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2008, 09:51 PM
SPREADING THE FEAR! SPREADING THE FEAR!

:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: :texan:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/fourfret/marshmallows3_1024.jpg

Pirate Mellow on the left is killing me.

Sooner_Havok
2/12/2008, 09:51 PM
It isn't that I think Obama is cool, I just feel him to be the lesser of evils here.

McPlane 100 more years in Iraq...mo thanks at some point and time I think they need to step up an take care of their own sh*t

Billary 16 more years of the Clinton Family, really folks. Yes, I say 16 because it seems that America will give two terms to just about anyone these days. Plus, guess who will be 36 in 2016? Yup, little Chelsea. And if her Ma' can claim Bill's 8 as her "experience" then I see no reason why she couldn't claim Ma and Pa's 16 combined as her own. I can see it now, "Vote for the only candidate with almost two decades worth of White House Experience"

Obama You know, he is way more liberal than I would like, but he isn't wanting to force universal health care down my throat, and I didn't grow up hating his a$$

Blue
2/12/2008, 10:07 PM
I think they were talking about Cli-Che'.

RacerX
2/12/2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FEE/P4QI/F8DOU5K8/FEEP4QIF8DOU5K8.MEDIUM.jpg

BigRedJed
2/12/2008, 11:31 PM
Mmmmm... ...pi...

2/13/2008, 12:28 AM
Yup, yet i dunno, the other four were dems. Not sure off hand how many are still in office.Just offhand, I think all have been politically dispatched, except for McCain. They've been saving his attack for just this occasion.

Honest Abe
2/13/2008, 12:35 AM
His middle name is Hussein...just say'n

:pop:

Rhino
2/13/2008, 01:28 AM

:pop: OH MY GOD!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/issilliuc/ruSerious.jpg

SicEmBaylor
2/13/2008, 01:33 AM

:pop:

Hey, I have some spare theater tickets if you want them.

bri
2/13/2008, 10:05 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1016/540783972_c57b6fd519_o.jpg

VeeJay
2/13/2008, 11:28 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1016/540783972_c57b6fd519_o.jpg

That guy behind Abe is farting.

C&CDean
2/13/2008, 05:32 PM
nuh uh...adjusting... after checking out Mary Todd's friend
thread killer

colleyvillesooner
2/13/2008, 05:37 PM
heh

Whet
2/14/2008, 09:53 AM
Here is the latest on this Cuban/Che flag in Obama's campaign headquarters:

MSM Remains Incurious About Obama Volunteer With Che Guevara Flag
By P.J. Gladnick
Created 2008-02-14 09:36

Imagine the uproar in the mainstream media if it had been discovered that a supporter of a Republican presidential candidate had a picture of Augusto Pinochet in his campaign office. Chris Matthews would feel a bolt of outrage running up his leg as he called upon the candidate to denounce his supporter. So what happens when a Barack Obama supporter hangs [0] a Cuban flag with the image of Che Guevara superimposed upon it? A collective yawn from the MSM. However, this video [1] showing a clip from a Fox News 26 report of the opening on an Obama campaign office in the Houston area has stirred up quite a bit of controversy because of that Che Guevara flag hanging on the wall.
The woman in the red pants and in the photo above is Maria Isabel who was later questioned about that Che Guevara flag. Here is the transcript of the interview but to fully appreciate her incredible squirming under pressure you need to see the video [2]:
REPORTER: ...flag or aware of that...
ISABEL: I don't listen to the internet. I don't watch the news. I'm sorry. I'm just on the news. I just don't watch the news.
REPORTER: Do you think it is something that has been blown out of proportion?
ISABEL: Uh, what is it?
REPORTER: The Cuban flag. Having a Cuban flag out of the office.
ISABEL: It's a distraction. I don't have time to talk about the Cuban flag. There is so much going on. This whole town is just bursting at the seams. My phone won't stop ringing. America wants a change and they really trust Obama and everyone seems to think, that I'm talking to, that Obama can bring that change and it's just awesome. It's just...I am so proud of the people of ...um, everywhere. That people are voting for...
REPORTER: In order to give yourself a chance to respond because there has been a lot of criticism out there...
ISABEL (interrupting): I don't have time to talk about the flag...
REPORTER: What is your connection to Cuba?
ISABEL: I am Cuban. I was born there. Cuban-American.
REPORTER: So do you see a problem with...
ISABEL (interrupting): I don't to talk about...I am so busy really. You want to talk about the Cuban flag? Uh...(nervous laughter)...and I am really busy. I have an appointment in about a half an hour. And I got to talk to these people here. My posse.
REPORTER: But do you realize that there are over 2000 blogs angry at you right now?
ISABEL: Uh, I don't have time to talk about that right now. And I don't pay any attention to that. I'm sorry. You know what? You need to call my publicist. There is someone in charge at cammes (?) that can talk to you about that. Okay? Got to go!
REPORTER: Do you want to apologize though?
ISABEL: Apologize about what?
REPORTER: Do you think it was a poor judgement?
ISABEL: I think this is a waste of time. That this is a...

At this point Isabel took off her mike and walked off the interview. A bit of investigation online of Maria Isabel shows her to be no mere obscure Obama volunteer who made an "error" in hanging that Che Guevara flag on the office wall. In fact, Isabel has been flying (at least until this controversy) a larger version of that Che Guevara flag from the balcony of her apartment according to the Houston-based Rice Crispy Blog [3]:
The Che Guevara flag that is flying in the Barak Obama Houston Headquarters is no doubt the work of Maria Isabel, who I have talked alot about in this blog. She and her husband Barry Norman fought the historic preservation regulations that Old Sixth Ward residents were pushing hard for. They demolished the historic 1890 Valentine house.
...I have seen the flag flying over their apartment on Washington Avenue. You can see it from Center street.

It turns out that Maria Isabel is a real piece of work. Here is a video [4] revealing her as a complete hypocrite in her rationale for opposing local historic preservation zoning efforts including this money quote by Isabel:
It’s wrong to try to implement restrictions in my private property. I own this piece of land. This is America. I should be able to do anything I want with it.

One wonders if Maria Isabel ever considered just how much property rights she would have had she remained in the Cuba of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro.
Although the MSM continues to ignore the controversy stirred up by Maria Isabel, you can find in-depth coverage of this issue at the Babalu Blog [5]. Once again, the blogosphere leads where the MSM fears to tread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source URL:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/02/14/msm-remains-incurious-about-obama-volunteer-che-guevara-flag
Links:
[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCja99KpjWU
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5lJrMvqahA
[3] http://ricecrispy.blogspot.com/2008/02/ok-its-been-while-since-writing-but.html
[4] http://bp3.blogger.com/_nlsmzO1q6q8/R7H_ikeWYsI/AAAAAAAABCA/fQrCI750KzQ/s1600-h/obama-che.jpg
[5] http://www.babalublog.com/

Sooner_Bob
2/14/2008, 10:03 AM
I think this is a waste of time. That this is a...

Widescreen
2/14/2008, 12:38 PM
I'm extremely surprised that Obama hasn't dealt with this yet. Maybe he has and we just haven't heard about it.

Scott D
2/14/2008, 02:04 PM
I'm extremely surprised that Obama hasn't dealt with this yet. Maybe he has and we just haven't heard about it.

I'm extremely surprised that Ron Paul hasn't dealt with his graffiti taggers, or property destroyers yet. Maybe he has and we just haven't heard about it.

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 02:08 PM
ZOMG! She's not just some volunteer, as people would have you believe! SHE'S JUST SOME VOLUNTEER WHO ALSO SPORTS A CHE GUEVARA FLAG ON HER HOME! AND ARGUED FOR HER RIGHT TO FLY IT!

Mixer!
2/14/2008, 02:59 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5964/diethreaddiedg3.jpg

2/14/2008, 03:09 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/zebthethird/eddie-che.jpg

Scott D
2/14/2008, 03:13 PM
12 is clearly on an eddie roll.

sooner_born_1960
2/14/2008, 03:14 PM
12 is clearly on an eddie roll.
Thanks. I completly missed that. Good jorb, 12.

2/14/2008, 03:27 PM
:D

Widescreen
2/14/2008, 03:43 PM
I'm extremely surprised that Ron Paul hasn't dealt with his graffiti taggers, or property destroyers yet. Maybe he has and we just haven't heard about it.
There sure is a lot of equivalency desperation in this thread. Somehow anytime I make a post that could be construed as critical of Obama, someone says "Oh yeah? What about republican candidate X's evildoings???? Huh?" Apparently it's too much to imagine that someone could think all of those kinds of things are bad regardless of the party or candidate. I don't like Ron Paul. If he has people doing those things and they are affiliated with his campaign in any way, he should deal with it. The reason I'm commenting about Obama at all is because this thread was ostensibly about the questionable actions of an Obama campaign person.

Feel free to start a "Destruction caused by Ron Paul People" thread and I'll make the same kinds of comments there. Although I'm sure someone will respond to that with "Oh yeah? What about democrat candidate X's evildoings???? Huh?"

Scott D
2/14/2008, 03:47 PM
Nah, it's not equivalency desperation at all. Just kinda funny how things get glossed over. Of course, the standard defense for Ron Paul would be that he allegedly only has 5 people working on his campaign, and everyone else is just an overzealous 'volunteer' whose actions are in no part a reflection on the individual running for President.

That sounds kinda familiar....oh yeah, it'd be this situation.

Widescreen
2/14/2008, 03:49 PM
Nah, it's not equivalency desperation at all. Just kinda funny how things get glossed over. Of course, the standard defense for Ron Paul would be that he allegedly only has 5 people working on his campaign, and everyone else is just an overzealous 'volunteer' whose actions are in no part a reflection on the individual running for President.

That sounds kinda familiar....oh yeah, it'd be this situation.
Since I don't care for Ron Paul, I reserve the right to assume those people are his relatives and best friends. :D

Scott D
2/14/2008, 03:51 PM
Since I don't care for Ron Paul, I reserve the right to assume those people are his relatives and best friends. :D

well I think he is supposed to be a Texan ;)

In all honesty, it's this kind of crap (that started the thread) that is a reflection of the political reasoning of turning every mole hill into mountains that continually reaffirms my desire to get critical_phil to take a giant enema bottle and shove it up this country's ***.

C&CDean
2/14/2008, 03:54 PM
You know what's funny? I wouldn't recognize Ron Paul (and haven't even heard of him until I saw some pencil-necked loser wearing his t-shirt in Baltimore a couple weeks ago) if he was standing in front of me.

What state is he from? Is he a senator/politician currently or just a ronny-come-lately? Seriously, I don't know dick about Ron Paul.

mdklatt
2/14/2008, 03:58 PM
TApparently it's too much to imagine that someone could think all of those kinds of things are bad regardless of the party or candidate.

You're new around here, aren't you.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2008, 04:00 PM
You know what's funny? I wouldn't recognize Ron Paul (and haven't even heard of him until I saw some pencil-necked loser wearing his t-shirt in Baltimore a couple weeks ago) if he was standing in front of me.

What state is he from? Is he a senator/politician currently or just a ronny-come-lately? Seriously, I don't know dick about Ron Paul.

He's a member of the United States House from the 14th Congressional District of Texas.

royalfan5

He is a US Rep from Texas. He ran as Libertarian Presidential Candidate in 1988, and has generally been in elected office of some sort since the 70's.

sooner_born_1960

Minor wanna-be, who really never had a chance. No reason to know anything about him.

Jerk
2/14/2008, 04:03 PM
Sup yall?

C&CDean
2/14/2008, 04:04 PM
Oh. Sumbitch is from Texas? One of them every other decade or 3 is enough I'm thinking.

JohnnyMack
2/14/2008, 05:08 PM
I am curious to know if Obama himself had ANY clue about this office and its flag before the story ran and what he's done about it since the story has become public.

2/14/2008, 05:14 PM
Not likely. I doubt he personally inspects all of his headquarters, nor interviews and evaluates each employee/volunteer.

That said, a worthy candidate will be a difficult thing to find this time around.

OklahomaTuba
2/14/2008, 05:19 PM
The sad thing is, its probably made him more popular with his "base" of supporters.

SicEmBaylor
2/14/2008, 05:21 PM
heh
www.republicansforobama.org

Frozen Sooner
2/14/2008, 05:27 PM
The sad thing is, its probably made him more popular with his "base" of supporters.

Hasn't made him particularly more popular with me.

Seems to me that it's just made people who weren't going to vote for him double not vote for him now.

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 05:29 PM
So, wouldn't that count as two non-votes? Seems like he'd be losing ground. :confused:

Jerk
2/14/2008, 05:52 PM
heh
www.republicansforobama.org (http://www.republicansforobama.org)
My lord.

He is really like a Black Jesus.

2/14/2008, 06:12 PM
Chauncy Gardner in the movie "Being There". (sorry if this has been mentioned before. At this time I'm not inclined to read all 9 pgs. of this thread)

Whet
2/14/2008, 06:17 PM
We have not even scratched the surface of the Obama issues .... In addition to the Castro-lovin' campaign workers, he is also funded by the convicted felon, George Soros and his unlimited funded MoveOn.org.

Birds of a feather ....

Widescreen
2/14/2008, 06:31 PM
I am curious to know if Obama himself had ANY clue about this office and its flag before the story ran and what he's done about it since the story has become public.
I asked essentially this question in post #321. Apparently we need to get to the bottom of Ron Paul supporter misdeeds first before we can address this. :texan:

Jerk
2/14/2008, 06:39 PM
We have not even scratched the surface of the Obama issues .... In addition to the Castro-lovin' campaign workers, he is also funded by the convicted felon, George Soros and his unlimited funded MoveOn.org.

Birds of a feather .... We just need an open debate about what's coming. What they call 'economic democracy' is actually socialism. But, from reading a lot of the posters here, socialism really isn't the devil...it really isn't!!! I've been told that they actually got it to work somewhere in a small homogenous European country.

Ok, then let's just come out and call it like it is.

Are you for a socialist America?

Can we have some guarantees, then? For one, let's not allow the elite, the wealthy, and the politicans to exempt themselves from this universal healthcare thing that they're about the shove up the middle classe's ***. If you get sick, and jump in your private jet to get quality healthcare from somewhere else, you should go to jail. Can I get an amen?

Put you're snot-nosed kids in public school like everyone else. (The First Black President put Chelsea in private school when he moved to DC) Hell, we need this. Our Prussian-based system was meant to make the population docile and manageable. We're going to really need that in the coming years.

If I can't arm myself then neither should your bodyguards.

If you make me drive a gawdamned smart car then I better see nancy palosi's *** in one, too.

That's all for now. Too many people to blame. That's okay, when we go broke, will just print more money.

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2008, 07:13 PM
Obama is not just an American socialist, he's a global socialist.

Legislation would aim to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Maria Cantwell (D-WA) have introduced the Global Poverty Act (S.2433), which requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive policy to cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, debt relief, and coordination with the international community, businesses and NGOs. Representatives Adam Smith (D-WA) and Spencer Bachus (R-AL) sponsored the House version of the bill (H.R. 1302), which passed the House in September.

“Eliminating global poverty remains one of the greatest challenges we face, with billions of people around the world forced to live on just dollars a day,” said Senator Obama. “We can – and must – make it a priority of our foreign policy to commit to eliminating extreme poverty and ensuring every child has food, shelter, and clean drinking water. As we strive to rebuild America’s standing in the world, this legislation will not only commit to reducing global poverty, but will also demonstrate our promise and support to those in the developing world. Our commitment to the global economy has to extend beyond trade agreements that are more about increasing corporate profits than about helping workers and small farmers everywhere.”

“Poverty, hunger, and disease will be among the most serious challenges confronting the world in the 21st century,” Senator Hagel said. “This legislation provides the President of the United States the framework and resources to help implement a comprehensive policy to reduce global poverty. It is the human condition that has always driven the great events of history. This is a responsibility of all citizens of the world.”
"America needs to do more to help the 1.1 billion men, women and children throughout the world living on less than $1 a day by helping promote sustainable economic growth and development," said Senator Cantwell. "We need to do more to save lives in the poorest countries. The U.S. needs to implement a real plan to combat poverty on a global scale while also addressing the national security risks extreme poverty creates."

“Arguably no greater problem faces the world than global poverty. Nearly 2.7 billion people live on less than $2 a day and close to a billion people live on less than $1 a day. We have a moral obligation to craft an overall U.S. strategy to decrease global poverty and eliminate extreme global poverty. After introducing this measure in the House for the past several years, I was pleased to see it pass this year with overwhelming bipartisan support. This bill’s Senate introduction is a significant step toward it becoming law,” Representative Adam Smith said.

For years, America has committed to improving the lives of the world’s poorest people. In 2000, the U.S. joined more than 180 countries at the United Nations Millennium Summit and vowed to reduce global poverty by 2015. We are halfway towards this deadline, and it is time the United States makes it a priority of our foreign policy to meet this goal and help those who are struggling day to day.
The Global Poverty Act:

Declares it official U.S. policy to promote the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme global poverty in half by 2015.
Requires the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to carry out that policy.
Includes guidelines for what the strategy should include - from aid, trade, and debt relief, to working with the international community, businesses and NGOs, to ensuring environmental sustainability.
Requires that the President’s strategy include specific and measurable goals, efforts to be undertaken, benchmarks, and timetables.
Requires the President to report back to Congress on progress made in the implementation of the global poverty strategy.This legislation is supported by a broad range of groups, including Bread for the World, CARE, Oxfam America, Habitat for Humanity International, National Wildlife Federation, Sierra Club, United Church of Christ, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Borgen Project, United Methodist General Board of Church and Society, RESULTS, and Micah Challenge USA.

http://obama.senate.gov/press/071211-obama_hagel_can/

It doesn't say it in the article, but I've heard that the starting figure we're talking about is 0.07% of the GDP of the United States. In 2006, the GDP is estimated to have been $13 Trillion. For those of you keeping score at home that comes out to around $910 Billion. That's only around $3000 for every man, woman, child, and illegal alien in America though. We can do it! It's for the children!

Edit:

The legislation would commit the U.S. to spending 0.7 percent of gross national product on foreign aid, which amounts to a phenomenal 13-year total of $845 billion over and above what the U.S. already spends.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272618845.shtml

TopDawg
2/14/2008, 07:18 PM
It doesn't say it in the article, but I've heard that the starting figure we're talking about is 0.07% of the GDP of the United States.

And I've heard that Barack Hussein Obama personally hung Che Guevara flags in his national headquarters and then took a dump on the American flag.

Widescreen
2/14/2008, 07:20 PM
And I've heard that Barack Hussein Obama personally hung Che Guevara flags in his national headquarters and then took a dump on the American flag.
Figures. :pop:

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2008, 07:51 PM

:rolleyes: Non sequitur anyone?

TopDawg
2/14/2008, 08:03 PM
:rolleyes: Non sequitur anyone?

Or maybe...sarcasm? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;)

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2008, 08:07 PM
Or maybe...sarcasm? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;)

Maybe. ;)

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 08:09 PM
;)

BigRedJed

BigRedJed
:(

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 08:10 PM
:eek:

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 08:10 PM
:stunned:

BigRedJed
2/14/2008, 08:11 PM
:chicken:

TopDawg
2/14/2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe. ;)

I wasn't trying to poke fun at you...your post was actually a good one that dealt with a real issue.

You added in that part from the National Ledger. Any idea why they use a 13-year total in that? If it's referred to somewhere else, I missed it...and if it's a standard kinda thing...I didn't know. :D

Harry Beanbag
2/14/2008, 08:22 PM
I wasn't trying to poke fun at you...your post was actually a good one that dealt with a real issue.

You added in that part from the National Ledger. Any idea why they use a 13-year total in that? If it's referred to somewhere else, I missed it...and if it's a standard kinda thing...I didn't know. :D

I really don't know about the 13 year thing and I don't have time to research right now. My guess is it's a trial period and in 2021 when they see it's been a miserable failure, they'll say it's because they need vastly more money to accomplish their goals. :)

Kels
2/15/2008, 12:30 AM
The Che flag is in terrible bad taste. I've seen the damage he's done first-hand. Why anybody would venerate his life is beyond me.

If the roles were reversed, and a McCain volunteer campaign office had a picture of Mussolini or Franco on the wall, there would be a tremendous outcry and we all know it. This is a great situation for everyone, regardless of their "side," to agree that this is unacceptable, demand immediate change, and move on.

All of the red herrings and ad hominems only serve to detract from how truly sad Che's legacy is, IMO.

C&CDean
2/15/2008, 09:53 AM
The Che flag is in terrible bad taste. I've seen the damage he's done first-hand. Why anybody would venerate his life is beyond me.

If the roles were reversed, and a McCain volunteer campaign office had a picture of Mussolini or Franco on the wall, there would be a tremendous outcry and we all know it. This is a great situation for everyone, regardless of their "side," to agree that this is unacceptable, demand immediate change, and move on.

All of the red herrings and ad hominems only serve to detract from how truly sad Che's legacy is, IMO.

Yes.

And this has nothing to do with your post, but I find it laughable that the same people who dismiss this whole Che flag thing as unimportant/trivial/etc. are the same people who'd **** a bulldozer if they found a confederate flag with "the south will rise again" on it hanging in a campaign office for the other side.

Typical hypocritical bull****.

BigRedJed
2/15/2008, 10:12 AM
No doubt about that. The Che flag is bad form, and yet another silly distraction for Obama. He should just tell her that he appreciates her service, but to take it down or "un-volunteer." Then he should make a public statement that it was poor judgement by a volunteer, and had NOTHING to do with his campaign.

The fact that he's letting it drag out shows me that, as I've mentioned before, he's getting some bad PR advice. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's surprising because he himself is such a good communicator, overall.

TopDawg
2/15/2008, 10:36 AM
Yes.

And this has nothing to do with your post, but I find it laughable that the same people who dismiss this whole Che flag thing as unimportant/trivial/etc. are the same people who'd **** a bulldozer if they found a confederate flag with "the south will rise again" on it hanging in a campaign office for the other side.

Typical hypocritical bull****.

Dean, this is politics. Everybody on every side is a hypocrite. You should know that by now.

Jerk
2/15/2008, 10:40 AM
Sup yall

Jerk
2/15/2008, 10:43 AM
Hee haw I found an sweet little image in google image search while looking for 'confederate flag' just make sure filter is off and you're gtg

JohnnyMack
2/15/2008, 10:50 AM
He called it inappropriate.

He should have told her to take it down.

C&CDean
2/15/2008, 10:53 AM
Dean, this is politics. Everybody on every side is a hypocrite. You should know that by now.

And did I not say "typical hypocritical bull****?" I'm pretty sure I didn't attach a party to that statement.

TopDawg
2/15/2008, 11:16 AM
And did I not say "typical hypocritical bull****?" I'm pretty sure I didn't attach a party to that statement.

Ahh, okay. It felt like a party/group was attached to the first part of your post. I didn't realize that last statement was all-encompassing.

bri
2/15/2008, 11:21 AM
Sweet Elvis in the sky, this thread is still going?

Scott D
2/15/2008, 11:43 AM
the worst threads tend to live the longest in the world of politics on the SO.

NormanPride
2/15/2008, 11:43 AM
bri, this is where people get their hate on. Either that, or express their fear of texan marshmallows.

OklahomaTuba
2/15/2008, 12:19 PM
10 pages huh??

Not bad, even for me!

Sooner_Bob
2/15/2008, 12:22 PM
Sweet Elvis in the sky, this thread is still going?

Elvis?

Where?

leavingthezoo
2/15/2008, 12:41 PM
http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck/2008/02/12/on_reports_of_an_inappropriate.php

"This is a volunteer office that is not in any way controlled by the Obama campaign. We were disappointed to see this picture because it is both offensive to many Cuban-Americans -- and Americans of all backgrounds -- and because it does not reflect Senator Obama’s views. Barack Obama has been very clear in putting forward a Cuba policy that is based on one principle: freedom for the Cuban people." -- Obama Campaign

that was released on the 12th but i'm curious, too, what has been done since that time.

JohnnyMack
2/15/2008, 01:08 PM
Sup yall

Not your avatar.

Sissy.

;)

BigRedJed
2/15/2008, 01:32 PM
http://factcheck.barackobama.com/factcheck/2008/02/12/on_reports_of_an_inappropriate.php

that was released on the 12th but i'm curious, too, what has been done since that time.
Yeah, that quote was a good, appropriate response. I hadn't seen that before. But like you say, what has been done since? If they're smart, that flag should be down, and the world should be made aware of it, even if it's in another statement on that page of their website, or the volunteer should be disinvited from the campaign. The fact that it's not an "official" campaign office is beside the point at this juncture. You have to deal with distracting, silly issues like this one decisively, or it BECOMES the issue. Witness this thread.

Jerk
2/15/2008, 02:28 PM
Not your avatar.

Sissy.

;)

I just like yoda better.

BigRedJed
2/15/2008, 02:31 PM
How's the monia?

sooneron
2/15/2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah, that quote was a good, appropriate response. I hadn't seen that before. But like you say, what has been done since? If they're smart, that flag should be down, and the world should be made aware of it, even if it's in another statement on that page of their website, or the volunteer should be disinvited from the campaign. The fact that it's not an "official" campaign office is beside the point at this juncture. You have to deal with distracting, silly issues like this one decisively, or it BECOMES the issue. Witness this thread.
What He^ said.

sooner_born_1960
2/15/2008, 04:26 PM
Now someone will have to counter with an anti-Obama link.

Now this post doesn't make sense. If your gonna delete the one I was obviously replying to, delete mine too.

plzthx.

Widescreen
2/15/2008, 04:43 PM
Now someone will have to counter with an anti-Obama link.

Just feel like being random (http://pixyland.org/peterpan/)

JohnnyMack
2/15/2008, 04:46 PM
Just feel like being random (http://pixyland.org/peterpan/)

Your site looks good. I like what you've done with it.

Widescreen
2/15/2008, 04:49 PM
Your site looks good. I like what you've done with it.
Thanks. I sewed up some purty new outfits. Check 'em out.

sooneron
2/15/2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks. I sewed up some purty new outfits. Check 'em out.
Your music teh win!