PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the nappy headed hos crying cause she thinks they got ducked!

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2008, 12:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=280422633
http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I really don't like Tennessee...but anytime Rutgers loses is a good day in my book.

SOONER STEAKER
2/12/2008, 12:22 AM
Do you watch the game. The Tennessee clocl operator did screw Rugers. .2 seconds hung around for at leat 1 second. Annisike, rebounded the ball with .2 left, got control of the ball and then went for the shot. .2 seconds is gone in an eyelash except when your playing Tennessee at Tennessee.

She has a right to complain because the Scarle tKnights got hosed.

Ash
2/12/2008, 01:16 AM
They did get ****ed. You can't catch and shoot with 0.2 on the clock, much less catch, gather yourself, go up for the shot and get fouled.

What a joke. She's right to be ****ed, but nothing will come out of it.

sooner518
2/12/2008, 02:29 AM
video is here. pretty ridiculous
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/columns/story?id=3241791

tommieharris91
2/12/2008, 02:39 AM
The team that really got screwd tonight was Villanova at Georgetown.

Sooner_Bob
2/12/2008, 07:49 AM
Wow . . . I just now watched the replay. I can't believe the freakin' clock just magically stops at 0.2 seconds until the shot is taken.

Sooner_Bob
2/12/2008, 07:54 AM
Saw the replay of the Nova/Gtown game . . . man, could the officials get a little consistent please?

Curly Bill
2/12/2008, 08:51 AM
Saw the replay of the Nova/Gtown game . . . man, could the officials get a little consistent please?

Not until they cease to be the most protected people in America when it comes to job performance.

Sooner_Bob
2/12/2008, 09:02 AM
Protected is one thing, being seen as infallible is another.

Curly Bill
2/12/2008, 10:25 AM
Protected is one thing, being seen as infallible is another.

They have been sheltered and protected for so long from honest questioning of their job performance, that many of them do think that they are infallible, or if not infallible then that they are at least beyond questioning by mortal men and women.

I have a saying: take the lowest man off the street and give him a whistle and a striped shirt and you make him a king.

Sooner_Bob
2/12/2008, 10:29 AM
Heh

badger
2/12/2008, 10:47 AM
I think it is tough to be an official, but that's why they make six figures, right?

sooner518
2/12/2008, 10:54 AM
how does a clock actually stop in that situation? it seriously stopped for at least half a second.

i dont see why the refs cant use common sense to decide that the foul obviously occurred after the buzzer. the Tennessee player barely even had the ball in her hands when the clock stopped.

skycat
2/12/2008, 10:56 AM
Rutgers was on the receiving end of one of the all time hose-jobs. (Much worse than the questionable call in the Villanova - Georgetown game).

I'd be doing some "crying" too if I were in that coaches shoes.

SoonerStormchaser
2/12/2008, 11:12 AM
So? Yah, they got screwed, but now she's gonna go all Bobby Knight vs. OU on them. It's freaking over! Let it go! It's not like it was the tourney.

skycat
2/12/2008, 11:16 AM
ahem

linky (http://www.gnextinc.com/ousoonersblog/2006/09/918-president-david-boren-open-letter.html)

SOONER STEAKER
2/12/2008, 11:52 AM
Ya think the computer folks at Tennessee have modified the clock?

toast
2/12/2008, 11:55 AM
here's another video link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raI-Fp8iisM

and the call at the end of the 'Nova game was indeed brutal.

badger
2/12/2008, 12:13 PM
ahem

linky (http://www.gnextinc.com/ousoonersblog/2006/09/918-president-david-boren-open-letter.html)
:mad:

Statalyzer
2/12/2008, 04:50 PM
The team that really got screwd tonight was Villanova at Georgetown.

That just prevented OT, which was probably close to a 50/50 shot. The Rutgers bad call screwed them out of a sure win. IMO that makes it even worse - even more so since the Rutgers/Tenn refs had the video review available and still screwed it up.

If that happened in the Men's final four or in an NBA finals game, it would be the headline news.

cheezyq
2/13/2008, 11:51 AM
I think it is tough to be an official, but that's why they make six figures, right?

It IS tough to be an official. It's also tough to be an engineer, a doctor, a quarterback, a coach, etc. The only difference is that if you suck at being an engineer, a doctor, a quarterback, a coach, etc. you get fired. Not so when you're a ref.

cheezyq
2/13/2008, 11:56 AM
ahem

Ahem.

stinky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273140158)

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2008, 11:59 AM
So? Yah, they got screwed, but now she's gonna go all Bobby Knight vs. OU on them. It's freaking over! Let it go! It's not like it was the tourney.
an OU fan telling someone to "let it go"?

You are as sharp as a bowling ball.

SoonerStormchaser
2/13/2008, 12:21 PM
Dude, I've let the crap with Autzen and Lubbock go...and this was waaaaay less blatant than those.

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2008, 12:29 PM
Why don't you let the Imus thing go?

skycat
2/13/2008, 12:31 PM
Ahem.

stinky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273140158)

Excellent post. Right on point.

cheezyq
2/13/2008, 01:00 PM
Excellent post. Right on point.

I posted that 'cause I knew you'd cry about it. So now that you've officially taken the bait, that post is on point, as is this one.

skycat
2/13/2008, 01:52 PM
Ahh, well played. I shall take my comeuppance and quietly weep in the corner.

Because I am a crier. Over here. Crying.

Sooner_Bob
2/13/2008, 02:06 PM
He'll cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pilla . . .

skycat
2/13/2008, 02:09 PM
He'll cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pilla . . .
:cry:

SleestakSooner
2/13/2008, 03:05 PM
Epiphanny Prince had 21 points for Rutgers, and Essence Carson added 18.

I was thinking of defending the Rutgers team against this viscious thread until I read this... how much crack do you have to smoke to name your child either of those two names?

Almost as bad as naming your son God Shamgod.

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2008, 03:17 PM
longar longar

silverwheels
2/13/2008, 03:24 PM
Stringer should write a book about it.

Civicus_Sooner
2/14/2008, 04:16 PM
"Thank God it wasn't an NCAA championship, or quite frankly, I would probably lose my job," she said. That ain't no sh!t.

SleestakSooner
2/14/2008, 06:31 PM
longar longar

Longar Longar is often asked how he ended up with the same first and last name.

But a simple answer usually turns into a long explanation, Longar says.

"People don’t usually understand the first time,” he said. "I have to explain it over and over.”

Here’s the simple version.

Longar’s parents gave him his father’s full name as his first and middle name, Longar Salvatory.

In the African culture, children take their father’s first name as their last name.

So there you have it. Longar Salvatory Longar.

And your point was? I think tradition and culture had something to do with his name being what it is. I see no good excuse for naming a child Essense or Epiphanny.

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2008, 06:36 PM
And your point was? I think tradition and culture had something to do with his name being what it is. I see no good excuse for naming a child Essense or Epiphanny.
So you respect a cultural situation that originates from another country, but a subculture without our own country gets no latitude.

SleestakSooner
2/14/2008, 06:43 PM
So you respect a cultural situation that originates from another country, but a subculture without our own country gets no latitude.

They are not the same thing, and you know it. What tradition is being upheld with these outlandish names? Are you telling me you believe them to be former family names?

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2008, 06:48 PM
I'm saying that whining about what another ethnicity does, when it has ZERO impact on you is silly.

Now, if you want to do away with saggy pants, I'll join the cause.

SleestakSooner
2/14/2008, 06:50 PM
And what impact does Longar Longar's name have on you? pot meets kettle... again

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2008, 06:55 PM
I wasn't complaining about it.

I was suggesting that we have out own similar "oddity" of a name right here and it seemed silly to be poking fun at a different one.

This all falls under the category of:

Their players are criminals, ours were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Their coach is arrogant, ours is confident.
Their fans are mostly a-holes, and ours are mostly awesome people.
Their players have funny names, and ours have culturally significant names.

Such is the hypocrisy of the internet fan.

SleestakSooner
2/14/2008, 07:03 PM
Trust me, if we had any nappy headed ho's on the team I would be equally critical of them as I have just become of you.

SoonerStormchaser
2/14/2008, 07:09 PM
Oh jeez...here we go again.

sanantoniosooner
2/14/2008, 07:23 PM
Let me introduce you to Jack.

You don't know him.

Scott D
2/14/2008, 07:33 PM

Chinese people in California called. They don't understand why someone would name their child Jim Bob or Waldo.

Eielson
2/16/2008, 01:28 PM
I can't believe this is even being debated if they should be able to complain or not. They obviously got screwed and it was against the #2 team in the country.

The Knight thing is different. First of all, if the clock had started at the right time, Hollis Price would have just stopped and shot a 3 to end the game in regulation rather than go to the free throw line. Second, they had OT to still win it but they didn't. Third, several years later he still hasn't shut up, this thing happened like a week ago. Finally, they give us all that crap and we went into Lubbock and kicked their butts with a perfectly fine clock.

Bottom line, they got screwed. It wasn't half as bad as Autzen, but it was just as bad as Tech.

freshchris05
2/16/2008, 02:16 PM
So a while back i posted a thread about a well known sports blogger saying black qb's were dumb and i got scolded by the mod's and they changed the name, but nappy headed ho's is fine because why?