PDA

View Full Version : Spring practice starts in three weeks!

swardboy
2/11/2008, 11:18 PM
March 5th.....that thawed out my winter freeze a bit.

hOlden caUlfield...
2/11/2008, 11:47 PM
NO WAY!!!! That is awesome!!!!

recemp
2/12/2008, 12:04 AM
Anybody got a date on the spring game?

mizzOUstu702
2/12/2008, 12:30 AM
Looks like it's April 12th.

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2008_spring_practice.html

Not sure if it's on ESPN again or not--hope so!

KantoSooner
2/12/2008, 01:12 AM
Thank the Gods!

My life had become a mobius strip of meaninglessness without football.

SOFSooner
2/12/2008, 02:52 AM
That is great, does anyone know if spectators can go and watch? I am finishing my tour here in Iraq and will fly back to US on 1 March and will be home soon after. I would like to go and watch a practice if that is allowed, since I will probably miss my 5th football season in 6 years by being deployed to Kosovo in May.

Shneeg11
2/12/2008, 03:20 AM
That is great, does anyone know if spectators can go and watch? I am finishing my tour here in Iraq and will fly back to US on 1 March and will be home soon after. I would like to go and watch a practice if that is allowed, since I will probably miss my 5th football season in 6 years by being deployed to Kosovo in May.

SOF, thank you for everything you do! Here we are talking about how football season starts b/c most of us don't have as much to keep us busy without football, or so it seems. I know it's said every time someone that is serving our country posts, but I don't think it can be said enough. Thank you so much for what you do, and keep up the good work! You're in our prayers SOF!

back to the topic: I really hope it is on ESPN, I will go either way, but publicity is good

swardboy
2/12/2008, 08:32 AM

Stay tuned to soonersports.com for information on the public viewing practices....Bob's been a little more closed up in recent years, but I think spring will be pretty open.

And ditto the thanks on your service....

recemp
2/12/2008, 09:31 AM
Looks like it's April 12th.

http://www.soonersports.com/ot/2008_spring_practice.html

Not sure if it's on ESPN again or not--hope so!

Thanks, don't know why I couldn't find this.

recemp
2/12/2008, 09:33 AM

You are on quite the world tour.
If spring practice is closed they should open it for you,
Best,

Crucifax Autumn
2/13/2008, 01:46 AM

Man, I hope you can make the spring game and some practices. I heard that in Kosovo they play football with a round black and white ball! Friggin' Kosavars can't even use their hands when they play...except some guy named the goal line or something...Damned foreign societies!!!

SouthFortySooner
2/13/2008, 12:59 PM

Welcome home! My son is a combat medic in "Raq". Thanks for your service.

westcoast_sooner
2/13/2008, 02:27 PM
SOF - thanks for serving and helping to keep us all free and safe.

Haven't heard if practices will be open or not. Seems like last spring only the scrimmages were open to the public, probably due to the QB situation at the time.

Right now, I've been stuck playing NCAA 08, so getting some real football in only 3 weeks is way cool.

soonerloyal
2/14/2008, 12:33 PM
SOF - welcome to the SoonerFans board, and bless your heart. I have two Marine sons who are both OIF combat vets, and damned if middle Firedog isn't getting reactivated and going back to Iraq. Sucks.

I'm hoping that before he has to report back, I'll be able to fly back home to Oklahoma to attend the Red/White game with him and his new fiancee. That'll make a real good memory until he retrogrades back CONUS. We're screamin' Sooner fanatics, for sure, and we have to start her initation into the Sooner Family. Her family are MO Tiger fans. We'll larn 'er!

Be safe, keep your grape down and your six covered.

soonerfan28
2/14/2008, 03:46 PM
I heard that ESPN had asked permission to air the spring game, but OU had not responded.

picasso
2/15/2008, 06:30 PM
I've already started warming up.

OU-HSV
2/16/2008, 12:51 AM
First and foremost, as others have said, thanks for your bravery and service to our country. It's never said enough in my opinion.
Second. I can't remember exactly last year how it went. I think a couple scrimmages were open including the Red/White Spring Game. But as far as practices alone being open, I don't think they were last year. (but I could be wrong). I do know that soonersports.com had some great practice videos after each day's practice last year. That was pretty good stuff to see some of the new players in action and what not.

goingoneight
2/17/2008, 02:15 PM
I really hope the spring game is on TeeVee... I have made the last four and also the 2000 spring game and I love watching the n00bs and getting a little preview of it all early in the year. However, I'll be in Orlando this year having a blast there... it would be nice if I could DVR it or something for when I get back.