PDA

View Full Version : Godbold dribbles out the clock?

Vegas Sooner
2/11/2008, 03:27 PM
.....How big of a hole do you think Capel ripped on him

Boomer.....
2/11/2008, 03:28 PM
I think the whole team (minus the Griffin brothers) should have gotten a hole ripped in them.

Rhino
2/11/2008, 04:18 PM
From The Oklahoman (http://newsok.com/article/3203093/1202732934):

Godbold's move at the end of the game sparked strong emotions within the OU coaching staff, leading to some loud locker-room discussions after the game. Coach Jeff Capel's comments after the game — wondering aloud whether or not losing hurts his players — were an extension of that.

sooner518
2/11/2008, 04:26 PM
I was walking up the stairs when that happened and I looked down and thought it was kind of strange but considering we were down 14 with less than 20 seconds left, I honestly dont see anything wrong with getting the hell out of there. In fact, I think Godbold was called for the last foul against CU with about 20 seconds left and when he did it, I thought it was strange that we were still fouling them.

Im sure everyone is frustrated by the shooting woes we are having. With so many open looks (and there were ALOT of them on Saturday) and shots not falling, I'd imagine everyone associated with the team is more frustrated than any fan is.

MextheBulldog
2/11/2008, 06:47 PM
Extremely frustrating loss for this team and it's post-season chances...For me, the Godbold thing is not a big deal. But if they finish on the bubble, this game will stick out like a sore thumb.

tulsaoilerfan
2/11/2008, 07:01 PM
it sure was a big deal with capel