PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Italian Dishes

frankensooner
2/11/2008, 10:28 AM
What is your favorite. This is a short list so be sure to write in your favorites.

Curly Bill
2/11/2008, 10:31 AM
Pizza, when it's good is hard to beat.

Hot Rod
2/11/2008, 10:33 AM
Parmesean Chicken is da bomb!

crawfish
2/11/2008, 10:39 AM
I had a little trouble deciding. :O

TopDaugIn2000
2/11/2008, 10:44 AM
I love all Italian food

SoonerStormchaser
2/11/2008, 10:44 AM
As a Sicilian, I am bound and obligated to vote for all of them...as well as to add "Cannoli" to that list.

Whet
2/11/2008, 11:17 AM
Gotta agree with SS - they are all good!

TopDaugIn2000
2/11/2008, 11:23 AM
yup, I voted for all of em

frankensooner
2/11/2008, 11:28 AM
Sometimes it is hard to beat just good old plain Spaghetti though. I mean it is fun to experiment but a big of plate of Spaghetti is GOOOOOOd.

SoonerStormchaser
2/11/2008, 11:31 AM
With maple syrup?
http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/06/sprj.caf03.review.elf.ap/story.ferrell.jpg

MrJimBeam
2/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Spaghetti or ravioli from Giacomo's in McAlester.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 11:37 AM
Lasagna from Roseanna's
Chicken Parm from Pete's
Fried Ravioli from The Isle of Capri
Spaghetti from Giacomo's
Pizza from Roma's

MrJimBeam
2/11/2008, 12:00 PM
Chicken Parm from Pete's

Pete's Italian Fried Chicken might be the most awesomest thing on earth.

NormanPride
2/11/2008, 12:12 PM
My favorite Italian dishes most often don't include pasta. I'm a big fan of the things they do to chicken and fish.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 12:12 PM
Pete's Italian Fried Chicken might be the most awesomest thing on earth.

Thats my wife's favorite. The good thing is she cant usually finish it so I gets leftovers later at home

Boomer.....
2/11/2008, 12:26 PM
Chicken Parm or Lasagna.

Newbomb Turk
2/11/2008, 12:28 PM
I've heard Mongo likes lasagna the best.

Hot Rod
2/11/2008, 12:32 PM
I've heard of an "authentic" Italian restaurant at SW 59th and Western. Does anyone know what this place is called or heard anything about it?

SoonerBOI
2/11/2008, 12:40 PM
Linguine Avongole Bianchi. Translation- Linguine with White clam sauce. That ties up with Rigatoni Aglio with fresh tomatoes and grilled chicken.

Tailwind
2/11/2008, 12:40 PM
Love the manicotti!

Boarder
2/11/2008, 12:59 PM
Lasagna Rolls From Victoria's in Norman. It's my favorite dish in Norman.

If it was just a generic favorite Italian Dish I's say Pasta Fagioli or Fettuccine Alfredo. Hard to beat the pure artery clogging deliciousness of some good Alfredo.

BigRedJed
2/11/2008, 02:08 PM
Pollo Panceta Alfredo from Bellini's, circa 1991-whenever it was that Tommy sold the place to Eateries. '98? Even after he bought it back, that dish was never the same. That's if you want to know my local fave.

Boarder
2/11/2008, 02:09 PM
Well, if it's different now then it's not your fave. Way to confuse everyone!

HskrGrl
2/11/2008, 02:25 PM
I LOVE Italian food!!!! It's my favorite. :D I voted for all of them. Even Scarafiuni whatever the hell that is. :confused: I'm gonna have to do a GIS to find out so I can get hubby to try it. :D

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 02:26 PM
I'll write in the black mussels in wine sauce I had in some restaurant on a Mediterranean beach in Ventimiglia, Italy. Yeah, I'd have to say those were some good eats.

olevetonahill
2/11/2008, 02:40 PM
I LOVE Italian food!!!! It's my favorite. :D I voted for all of them. Even Scarafiuni whatever the hell that is. :confused: I'm gonna have to do a GIS to find out so I can get hubby to try it. :D
But does he Like sketty ?
Thats my Fav.

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 02:42 PM
I'll write in the black mussels in wine sauce I had in some restaurant on a Mediterranean beach in Ventimiglia, Italy. Yeah, I'd have to say those were some good eats.

Is it true they're bigger than regular mussels?

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 02:42 PM
ITS TWOO! ITS TWOO!!

soonerinabilene
2/11/2008, 02:44 PM
beefaroni. spaghetti o's. Pretty much anything from Boyardee.

Oh, and I love the fish and chicken stuff that Italian people can come up with. My cousin married an Italian, and things that he comes up with when he cooks are incredible. Stuff you will never find in a restaraunt on this side of the pond.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/11/2008, 02:55 PM
The gnocchi at Roseanna's is pretty dang tasty.

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 02:56 PM
Linguini and clams......like VK, when I tried it it was some kind of wine sauce rather than an alfredo. Good stuff.

And the grilled scallops at Carrabba's were good.

HskrGrl
2/11/2008, 03:02 PM
But does he Like sketty ?
Thats my Fav.

A good old fashion Spaghetti dinner is always a favorite.

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 03:03 PM
Oddly enough, in Mustang, America, some Sicilian folks moved in and opened up an Italian place on Highway 152. I'll put their lasagna up against any other in the OKC Metro. At least until they get run out of Mustang.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/11/2008, 03:05 PM
Oddly enough, in Mustang, America, some Sicilian folks moved in and opened up an Italian place on Highway 152. I'll put their lasagna up against any other in the OKC Metro. At least until they get run out of Mustang.That's what I thought when I went to some Italian place in downtown Durant. Are you talking about Primo's?

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 03:07 PM
Supposedly, McAlester/Krebs is supposed to have some of the best Italian food in the state; you probably wouldn't think that either.

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 03:08 PM
That's what I thought when I went to some Italian place in downtown Durant. Are you talking about Primo's?

Luigiano's. Primo's in in Yukon and MWC.

olevetonahill
2/11/2008, 03:09 PM
A good old fashion Spaghetti dinner is always a favorite.

There are times when I could eat sketty all Night long .

BigRedJed
2/11/2008, 03:12 PM
Supposedly, McAlester/Krebs is supposed to have some of the best Italian food in the state; you probably wouldn't think that either.
I disagree.

See my philosophy on Eischen's chicken.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 03:17 PM
Fettuccine Bolognese

BigRedJed
2/11/2008, 03:18 PM
Nice. Trattoria il Centro here in OKC has a nice bolognese.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 03:20 PM

Nom nom nom.

I haven't found a place up here that does it credibly. Had it at a place on Boston's North Side and it rocked like a supergroup made up of Nikki Sixx, Kerry King, and Lemmy.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 03:54 PM
Nom nom nom.

I haven't found a place up here that does it credibly. Had it at a place on Boston's North Side and it rocked like a supergroup made up of Nikki Sixx, Kerry King, and Lemmy.

i thought that said Kenny King. i was like, damn, that IS a supergroup and Mike is breaking all the rules of rocking. Lemmy and Nikki Sixx at the HB's and Kenny King at FB....

my favorite Italian meal i've had would be Cacciuco all Livornese made by the late, great Carlo Lima--crazy diamond, anarchist, fan of Stendhal and hashish....photographer. and worst driver i've ever met. RIP.

my only regret is that i never had Carlo's homemade grappa.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 04:03 PM
prosciutto di parma sliced correctly paper thin with good olives. bread.

spaghetti all' amatriciana.

i like pollo scarpariello too; though, it's preparation varies a bunch. chicken in the shoemaker style.

bistecca fiorentina

http://italianfood.about.com/od/beefbracioleetc/r/blr0568.htm

or anything made by Rachel Ray.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 04:09 PM
on the by and by, this is a nice link for grilling/recipes:

http://italianfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa082199.htm

Boomer.....
2/11/2008, 04:13 PM
There is an amazing Italian restaurant in Broken Arrow called Napoli's. The owners and servers are all Italian and speak it to each other. Great food and very good prices. I think that there are a few other locations around Oklahoma.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 04:17 PM
That's what I thought when I went to some Italian place in downtown Durant. Are you talking about Primo's?

Roma's is the durant eatery...veddy good

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 04:18 PM
There is an amazing Italian restaurant in Broken Arrow called Napoli's. The owners and servers are all Italian and speak it to each other. Great food and very good prices. I think that there are a few other locations around Oklahoma.

One in Muskogee on the highway...I thought it was pretty good

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 04:19 PM
One in Muskogee on the highway...I thought it was pretty good

Meh......I got linguini and clams there and it wasn't very good.

BigRedJed
2/11/2008, 04:20 PM
Mike's right about the North End of Boston. You pretty much can't go wrong with any joint you walk into, and there are dozens. My faves were La Famiglia Giorgio (http://www.lafamigliagiorgio.com/menu.htm) and Giacomo's in both the North End AND South End (not to be confused with South Boston). Giacomo's calamari was amazing (and I am rarely happy with calamari, which I love but is all to easy to **** up), and they have a pesto tortellini which is mouthgasm territory.

OCUDad
2/11/2008, 04:44 PM
Cioppino.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 04:53 PM
Cioppino.

Cioppino is a dish invented in California. it's the cali version of the cacciuco i mention above.

rufnek05
2/11/2008, 05:04 PM
Parmesean Chicken is da bomb!

i'll have to agree with that. or parmesean eggplant is hard to beat too.

royalfan5
2/11/2008, 05:35 PM
Anything Boyardee is alright with me.

soonerbrat
2/11/2008, 05:36 PM
polenta
and this veggie stuff that a lady made for a dinner party - she called it giardiniera, but the American idea of giardiniera is completely different than what we had.

SicEmBaylor
2/11/2008, 05:37 PM
chicken parmesan w/ baked zitti.

Harry Beanbag
2/11/2008, 05:42 PM
I've heard Mongo likes lasagna the best.

Me too, along with a tossed salad.

crawfish
2/11/2008, 05:48 PM
I'm shocked - SHOCKED - nobody mentioned Monica Bellucci.

Mmmmm.....

bri
2/11/2008, 07:28 PM
Manicotti is win wrapped in awesome.

usmc-sooner
2/11/2008, 07:31 PM
there needs to be an option that says I freakin hate Italian food. :D

well I do like chef boy ardee

BigRedJed
2/11/2008, 07:47 PM
Manicotti is win wrapped in awesome.
Unless you almost always have a bad reaction to ricotta cheese. Bad as in intestinal cramping and crapping water. That'll take you off the manicotti in a hurry, believe me.

:mack:

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 07:56 PM
Wow. Jed has successfully managed to merge posting diarrhea with actual diarrhea. :D

tommieharris91
2/11/2008, 07:58 PM
Are there any websites where I can get some recipes for these dishes? Valentine's day is coming up...

Ohh and thanks King Crimson.

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 08:09 PM
Are there any websites where I can get some recipes for these dishes? Valentine's day is coming up...

Ohh and thanks King Crimson.

www.rachelray.com

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:11 PM
Lasagna from Roseanna's
Chicken Parm from Pete's
Fried Ravioli from The Isle of Capri
Spaghetti from Giacomo's
Pizza from Roma's

Boy. You really get around.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:14 PM
Boy. You really get around.

I live no further than 3 miles from any of those places and the wif loves Italian food...

I commute to Durant for college so I get to eat Roma's when I m down there..

tommieharris91
2/11/2008, 08:15 PM
www.rachelray.com

linky no worky

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:16 PM
I love spaghetti especially when it comes with large meatballs and lots of marinara sauce. I love having several helpings of that dish.

Throw in some Manicotti with a large bowl of Alfredo sauce and I am a VERY happy woman.

Zbird
2/11/2008, 08:17 PM

I'll Amen that. My local fav.

2nd best -- Only Johnny Carino's Mexican Chef in Yukon could make you believe Jalapeno Tilapia was Italian and OUTTA THIS WORLD GOOD!

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:18 PM
I love spaghetti especially when it comes with large meatballs and lots of marinara sauce. I love having several helpings of that dish.

Throw in some Manicotti with a large bowl of Alfredo sauce and I am a VERY happy woman.

I've heard of you and spaghetti

Mjcpr
2/11/2008, 08:19 PM
linky no worky

I was just f'in with King Crimson. :D

I don't know where to look for Italian recipes, I always look at Food Network if I'm searching for one.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:25 PM
I've heard of you and spaghetti

I'm Italian. I can't help it. :D

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 08:27 PM
I love spaghetti especially when it comes with large meatballs and lots of marinara sauce.

:mad:

IF THERE ARE MEATBALLS IN IT IT IS NOT MARINARA SAUCE!

:eddie:

:kelvin:

:chicken:

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/11/2008, 08:28 PM
:Kelvin:

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 08:29 PM
:pop:

:twinkies:

:hot:

Jimminy Crimson
2/11/2008, 08:30 PM
Giada De Laurentiis with whipped cream is my write-in vote.

Italian doesn't get any better than that! Trust me! :cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:32 PM
Seems like I ve had lots of spaghetti these last couple of weeks.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:36 PM

IF THERE ARE MEATBALLS IN IT IT IS NOT MARINARA SAUCE!

:eddie:

:chicken:

You're not cooking it right if there's no sauce involved.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:38 PM
And dammit. If I want Marinara sauce with my meatballs, I'm gonna have Marinara sauce with my meatballs!

:P

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:39 PM
And dammit. If I want Marinara sauce with my meatballs, I'm gonna have Marinara sauce with my meatballs!

You and my wife are a lot alike when it comes to the meatballs

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:40 PM
Oh... and if you're that uptight about what type of sauce goes with meatballs, you're obviously not getting enough spaghetti.

EAT MORE SPAGHETTI!

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 08:41 PM

:fume:

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

By definition, marinara sauce cannot have any meat in it. It can have fish. It can have mussels. It cannot have veal, beef, chicken, etc. The word "marinara" means either "of the sea" or "of the sailer" (can't remember which) and the sauce was developed as something that would keep on ocean voyages. Putting meat into it, obviously, screws that up.

I don't know why that irritates me, but it's something that I use to judge Italian restaurants with-I'll read the menu, and if it says "Marinara sauce with meat" or some variation of that, I'll just get the osso bucco or something.

Correctly, it would be "tomato gravy" once meat is in it.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:43 PM

By definition, marinara sauce cannot have any meat in it. It can have fish. It can have mussels. It cannot have veal, beef, chicken, etc. The word "marinara" means either "of the sea" or "of the sailer" (can't remember which) and the sauce was developed as something that would keep on ocean voyages. Putting meat into it, obviously, screws that up.

I don't know why that irritates me, but it's something that I use to judge Italian restaurants with-I'll read the menu, and if it says "Marinara sauce with meat" or some variation of that, I'll just get the osso bucco or something.

Marinara with fish? Think I ve had that

WILBURJIM
2/11/2008, 08:43 PM
My mom's meatballs are the best. Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp is my number one choice, Meat and cheese ravioli in alfredo sauce, with a stripe of marinara down the middle, a close second.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:44 PM
You and my wife are a lot alike when it comes to the meatballs

Does she roll them in her hand before she drops them in the sauce? It really tenderizes the meat when you do that. Make for a very delicious meal.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 08:46 PM

See, that's your problem. You're just too damn picky about your spaghetti. If you weren't you'd be able to savor the taste and thoroughly enjoy the meal.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 08:46 PM
Does she roll them in her hand before she drops them in the sauce? It really tenderizes the meat when you do that. Make for a very delicious meal.

yeah she hand rolls them..She makes it so good I usually eat too much

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 08:47 PM
My problem is that I apparently can't spell "sailor."

There's a joke in there that someone's going to make, dang it.

Viking Kitten
2/11/2008, 08:59 PM
Would it involve seamen?

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, or waiting for the ships to come in.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 09:02 PM
yeah she hand rolls them..She makes it so good I usually eat too much

Sounds like you got yourself a good spaghetti making and meatball rolling woman there.

I'd hold on to her. They're pretty hard to find... so I hear.

usmc-sooner
2/11/2008, 09:07 PM
I like making spaghetti

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 09:09 PM
With the angel hair pasta or the linguini?

I prefer the linguini.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 09:10 PM
I like making spaghetti

Its something I never get tired of

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 09:12 PM
I'm shocked - SHOCKED - nobody mentioned Monica Bellucci.

Mmmmm.....

get a french movie called Brotherhood of the Wolf, YWIA.

and not the dubbed, edited version. the one with subtitles. it ain't pron, but Monica c'est belle.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/11/2008, 09:13 PM

I prefer the linguini.

angle hair? all linguini at our house

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 09:13 PM
Now add some Italian sausage to the meal... and oh my! Does it ever fill you up!

<sigh>

There just aren't enough days in the year to eat all the spaghetti that I want.

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 09:14 PM
angle hair? all linguini at our house

I agree. Angel Hair is too delicate to fully enjoy. Linguini on the other hand, makes the meal more robust IMO.

soonerbrat
2/11/2008, 09:17 PM

i have a pet peeve too. "bruschetta" is not pronounced "broo-shetta" it is pronounced "brus-ketta" and it doesn't mean tomato topping like so many restaurants have in their menus. it is bread grilled with olive oil & garlic.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 09:21 PM
i have a pet peeve too. "bruschetta" is not pronounced "broo-shetta" it is pronounced "brus-ketta" and it doesn't mean tomato topping like so many restaurants have in their menus. it is bread grilled with olive oil & garlic.

:blinks:

There's restaurants that don't know this?

On the same trip that I went to Boston's North End, I went to a place in Plymouth.

They tried to serve me something called "Pen" pasta.

Not penne. Pen. The server insisted it was pen pasta.

soonerbrat
2/11/2008, 09:30 PM
:blinks:

There's restaurants that don't know this?

On the same trip that I went to Boston's North End, I went to a place in Plymouth.

They tried to serve me something called "Pen" pasta.

Not penne. Pen. The server insisted it was pen pasta.

yes..they even sell "bruschetta" in some stores which is a tomato sauce of sorts in a jar :mad: it's mostly places like TGI Fridays - they have "bruschetta chicken" or something like that basically chicken with tomato sauce on it.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 09:36 PM
yes..they even sell "bruschetta" in some stores which is a tomato sauce of sorts in a jar :mad: it's mostly places like TGI Fridays - they have "bruschetta chicken" or something like that basically chicken with tomato sauce on it.

Isn't that basically chicken cacciatore?

soonerbrat
2/11/2008, 09:38 PM
yes, but that's not as hip and cool as calling it "bruschetta"
it's the new thing, apparently

usmc-sooner
2/11/2008, 09:40 PM

I prefer the linguini.

I gotta say the worst spaghetti I ever had was still pretty damn good.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 09:42 PM
bruschetta means "brushed", as in toasted/grilled bread brushed with a clove of garlic. the tomato topping, usually diced with basil and oil, would more accurately be called a "panzanella" (bread salad).

cacciatore means "in the hunter's style" so it's pretty much open to whatever the "hunter" has with him (her). usually portable ingredients like garlic, onion, etc. it's generally also a boned piece of chicken, not a breast "filet".

SoonerGirl06
2/11/2008, 09:45 PM
I basically like my Italian dish any way it's served.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 09:49 PM
bruschetta means "brushed", as in toasted/grilled bread brushed with a clove of garlic. the tomato topping, usually diced with basil and oil, would more accurately be called a "panzanella" (bread salad).

cacciatore means "in the hunter's style" so it's pretty much open to whatever the "hunter" has with him (her). usually portable ingredients like garlic, onion, etc. it's generally also a boned piece of chicken, not a breast "filet".

S'why I said "basically."

What is commonly considered chicken cacciatore uses a tomato-based sauce, but yes, hunter's sauce can be made from anything handy and portable.

And I ain't getting into an argument about italian food with you. I'm just sayin'.

Rogue
2/11/2008, 09:57 PM
I'm with Soonerboi on the Linguini with Clam Sauce and Rigatoni!
Mrs. Rogue's favorite is a well done tiramisu.

soonerbrat

actually bruschetta comes from the word "bruscare" which means to roast over coals. just sayin'

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
I've heard of an "authentic" Italian restaurant at SW 59th and Western. Does anyone know what this place is called or heard anything about it?Bella Vista, except the owners are Greek. :) The food is outstanding though. It's a little hole in the wall next to Capitol Hill Florist.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 10:01 PM
S'why I said "basically."

What is commonly considered chicken cacciatore uses a tomato-based sauce, but yes, hunter's sauce can be made from anything handy and portable.

And I ain't getting into an argument about italian food with you. I'm just sayin'.

yeah, it's almost almost always tomato based, but tomato based chicken dishes are not always cacciatore (dig?)....

i'm not arguing with anybody, and if i've learned one thing it's there's no hard and fast definitions about italian food--though there are guidelines. try and find the "real" definition of the pasta dish carbonara. cream or no cream, only one egg yolk? american bacon or pancetta (supposedly it was invented in WW II with american GI rations of Americans stationed in southern Italy)? spaghetti only, or other pastas?

on and on and on.

Saltimbocca.....etc.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 10:03 PM
actually bruschetta comes from the word "bruscare" which means to roast over coals. just sayin'

yeah, that's right. but it's the same in this sense...the movement of a raw ingredient over one that's hot--figuratively speaking.

Frozen Sooner
2/11/2008, 10:04 PM
Oh, hey, what I meant by that was that your knowledge of Italian food surpasses mine. I just reread what I posted and if read in a different tone than I meant it sounds like I don't think you're worthy of arguing with. TOTALLY not my intent.

See, I would consider what most people call "bruschetta" is pretty similar to what I would consider a cacciatore sauce: garlic, onion, tomato. All that's missing is braising the chicken in it.

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 10:10 PM
Oh, hey, what I meant by that was that your knowledge of Italian food surpasses mine. I just reread what I posted and if read in a different tone than I meant it sounds like I don't think you're worthy of arguing with. TOTALLY not my intent.

i didn't take it like that. "no worries", as the young'uns say.

See, I would consider what most people call "bruschetta" is pretty similar to what I would consider a cacciatore sauce: garlic, onion, tomato. All that's missing is braising the chicken in it.

cacciatore is also a fricasse (in terms of technique), where you braise the meat and then re-introduce the meat in the sauce allow the sauce to reduce for a concentration of flavors. the tomato topping for a "bruschetta" is generally raw, fresh ingedients. except the garlic which is treated with the heat of the bread.

usmc-sooner
2/11/2008, 10:23 PM
I like the bearded clam

King Crimson
2/11/2008, 10:29 PM
I like the bearded clam

clam sammich, is the win.

silverwheels
2/11/2008, 11:53 PM

Someone watches "Good Eats"....

MamaMia
2/12/2008, 12:02 AM
Spinach Ricotta Dumplings with Fricassee Dell'aragosta.

1stTimeCaller
2/12/2008, 12:12 AM
I like to put ketchup on my pasta. I don't like spaghetti sauce.

soonerbrat
2/12/2008, 07:06 AM
ketchup on pasta. dude, i'm still trying to fully recover from a stomach virus. that's not helping.

jr4ou
2/12/2008, 01:56 PM
i like pizza. havent had it in awhile, might go get some at lunch tomorrow.

Newbomb Turk
2/12/2008, 04:46 PM
King Crimson tells me anything Italian Rachael Ray makes with Kraft ingredients is the best.

Rogue
2/12/2008, 08:00 PM
I like to put ketchup on my pasta. I don't like spaghetti sauce.

Post reported.

As a descendent of the Caccia family from Milano, this is beyond offensive to me! :mad:

BigRedJed
2/12/2008, 08:01 PM
Prediction: 1TC will soon sleep with the fishes.

Harry Beanbag
2/12/2008, 08:05 PM
I don't think he likes tuna.

Killerbees
3/14/2008, 09:13 AM
I stayed in Italy for a bit, and a friend was in partners on a vineyard owned by an elderly woman there. She was an awesome cook and I dont remember not liking a single item she prepared. There were 3 that I still crave but cannot find a suitable comparison for here in the US. She gave me the recipes for 2 of them but I can only get the first to come out tasting the same way. She made a spectacular arrabbiata sauce that she usually served over angel hair pasta. The other is a complex timballo recipe that I have attempted twice but still cant get it to come out right. She also had this mozzarella made from water buffalo milk. I didnt know they had them in Italy either, but they are there and they use the milk from them to make the absolute best mozzarella you will ever taste. Comparing the mozzarella we have here to that is like comparing coors to guinness. She called it buffalo mozzarella pronouncing buffalo as boof-a-low. I cant find it here either.