PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official MMA Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Knippz
5/2/2011, 01:16 AM
GSP got beat up pretty decent though. Jake looked fine. I think Georges stand up looked pretty good, but nowhere near great. Jakes boxing resembled Nick Diaz's. He did pretty well. Georges disappointed me, and I think he just cemented himself as the number 2 P4P fighter until Anderson loses.

Knippz
5/2/2011, 01:20 AM
Oh and the Aldo fight was good. I think Aldo underperformed because he started gassing early. He still persevered and won handily. The last round was a scare though.

The Machida kick was AWESOME! Completely amazing. Possibly better than Andersons...it's definitely up there. Gotta wonder if old Stevie is actually teaching them good stuff.

reflector
5/2/2011, 02:33 PM
Oh and the Aldo fight was good. I think Aldo underperformed because he started gassing early. He still persevered and won handily. The last round was a scare though.

The Machida kick was AWESOME! Completely amazing. Possibly better than Andersons...it's definitely up there. Gotta wonder if old Stevie is actually teaching them good stuff.

Here is an interview with Steven Seagal about the Machida kick. I saw it yesterday and debated whether to post it. It is kind of strange, but still pretty cool.

SLJ-uTy_E1U

northspeter
5/2/2011, 08:36 PM
would like to see nick diaz get a shot at gsp before he moves on to anderson silva...

Collier11
5/2/2011, 09:11 PM
Machida kick was sick, the whole night of fights was good, GSP is the best fighter in the world IMO. Even when he didnt fight great he completely dominated a great fighter.

I dont know if he can fight up like he would have to but GSP vs Silva would be huge

Knippz
5/2/2011, 11:57 PM
Machida kick was sick, the whole night of fights was good, GSP is the best fighter in the world IMO. Even when he didnt fight great he completely dominated a great fighter.

I dont know if he can fight up like he would have to but GSP vs Silva would be huge

Completely dominated? He won 3 rounds to 2, and took more damage, landing in the hospital. What fight did you see?

reflector
5/3/2011, 05:10 PM
Marcos Galvao is going to be a part of the season 5 Bellator Bantamweight tournament. I think he will do well. He will probably end up getting a rematch with Joe Warren now.

reflector
5/6/2011, 06:25 PM
Hopefully Beebe can make weight in time.

Bellator 43 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23516/bellator-43-weigh-in-results-hawn-hieron-official-for-welterweight-tourney-finals.mma

AlboSooner
5/6/2011, 08:24 PM
I can honestly say that I don't watch MMA

reflector
5/8/2011, 01:20 AM
When I saw the fight between Hawn and Hieron live on television, I thought Hawn deserved the win. He ended up losing a split decision though. I will have to re-watch the fight tomorrow and see if I might see it differently then.

Bellator 43 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23526/bellator-43-results.mma

Collier11
5/8/2011, 11:47 AM
Completely dominated? He won 3 rounds to 2, and took more damage, landing in the hospital. What fight did you see?

the rounds given to Shields were suspect and anyone who has reviewed the fights seems to have agreed with me, Shields never posed a serious threat

Harry Beanbag
5/8/2011, 12:04 PM
the rounds given to Shields were suspect and anyone who has reviewed the fights seems to have agreed with me, Shields never posed a serious threat

That's what I was thinking. We were all shocked it wasn't unanimous. Shields was either afraid of him or gave him way too much respect. Either way, Jake got whipped thoroughly.

reflector
5/9/2011, 04:48 PM
The UFC 130 main event has been scrapped. Supposedly both Edgar and Maynard have injuries which will prevent them from fighting at UFC 130. No date has been set yet for the rematch between Edgar and Maynard. Hamill vs. Jackson is now the main event at UFC 130.

northspeter
5/9/2011, 05:55 PM
The UFC 130 main event has been scrapped. Supposedly both Edgar and Maynard have injuries which will prevent them from fighting at UFC 130. No date has been set yet for the rematch between Edgar and Maynard. Hamill vs. Jackson is now the main event at UFC 130.

huge bummer... i've heard august or september is the likely date for the reschedule... sadly that probly drops this ppv out of purchase for me... rampage isn't quite enough to make me buy it... though i like that fight and the mir/big country fight...

northspeter
5/9/2011, 06:21 PM
also the news that may be bigger is that ZUFFA is now going to offer insurance to cover fighters who get injured out of competition... and will raise there insurance coverage for fighters who get injured during competition... it will cover up to 350 plus fighters both in the ufc and strikeforce...

ZUFFA fighter accident insurace... (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AhsfghJcZOfP6RhNtlF5GFc5nYcB?slug=ki-iole_ufc_offers_fighters_accident_insurance050811)

reflector
5/9/2011, 07:38 PM
also the news that may be bigger is that ZUFFA is now going to offer insurance to cover fighters who get injured out of competition... and will raise there insurance coverage for fighters who get injured during competition... it will cover up to 350 plus fighters both in the ufc and strikeforce...

ZUFFA fighter accident insurace... (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AhsfghJcZOfP6RhNtlF5GFc5nYcB?slug=ki-iole_ufc_offers_fighters_accident_insurance050811)

This is huge news.

northspeter
5/9/2011, 08:10 PM
i believe they are the 1st professional sports organization at least in north america to do this voluntarily... nba, nfl, mlb... all had to do this because of labor negotiations...

Knippz
5/10/2011, 05:36 PM
That's what I was thinking. We were all shocked it wasn't unanimous. Shields was either afraid of him or gave him way too much respect. Either way, Jake got whipped thoroughly.

He did NOT get whipped in any way! He had a scratch on him after the fight. GSP landed one solid strike that did damage. Shields peppered his face up all night. I have no clue what fight you were watching, but there was no whipping in that fight in any shape or form. Maybe you should turn down the announcers, because GSP wasn't really outclassing Jake on the feet as much as Rogan claimed.

Outclassed = Silva vs Forrest

Kinda reminds me of Diego vs Kampmann. Diego made it look like he won, whereas Kampmann did way more damage and busted Diego up bad. Sure Diego got the win, but we all know who is better.

northspeter
5/10/2011, 06:24 PM
He did NOT get whipped in any way! He had a scratch on him after the fight. GSP landed one solid strike that did damage. Shields peppered his face up all night. I have no clue what fight you were watching, but there was no whipping in that fight in any shape or form. Maybe you should turn down the announcers, because GSP wasn't really outclassing Jake on the feet as much as Rogan claimed.

Outclassed = Silva vs Forrest

Kinda reminds me of Diego vs Kampmann. Diego made it look like he won, whereas Kampmann did way more damage and busted Diego up bad. Sure Diego got the win, but we all know who is better.

slow down there hoss.... in no way shape or form was this fight even remotely comparable to sanchez v. kampmann... diego did not win that fight in my opinion, however it was very close... you can't find 1 person on the planet that would feel jake beat gsp... not even his parents... jake lost because he had a horrible game plan... and jake was also knocked down twice... jab and then a head kick... gsp controlled the fight from start to finish... because he never let jake take it to the mat on his terms...

reflector
5/10/2011, 06:59 PM
Spike to air the UFC 132 Prelims.

Knippz
5/10/2011, 07:43 PM
slow down there hoss.... in no way shape or form was this fight even remotely comparable to sanchez v. kampmann... diego did not win that fight in my opinion, however it was very close... you can't find 1 person on the planet that would feel jake beat gsp... not even his parents... jake lost because he had a horrible game plan... and jake was also knocked down twice... jab and then a head kick... gsp controlled the fight from start to finish... because he never let jake take it to the mat on his terms...

GSP controlled the fight, yes. In no way did he "whip," dominate, or significantly outclass Jake. Two judges gave Jake two rounds, which says even when Jake was in his worst area, stand up, he still won 40% of the fight.

The fight was crap. Neither one did much of anything, however, Jake did more damage, and wasn't in the hospital like GSP after the fight. GSP did just enough to win, but dominate he did not do.

GSP's stand up looked very weak. He throws 5-8 different strikes, then repeats over, and over, and over. Looping overhand right, spinning back kick, superman punch, jab, headkick, repeat. When he did take Jake down, he wanted no part of his ground game, and stood up instantly. He took him down strictly for the points to steal the rounds, with absolutely no intentions of mounting any sort of offense from them.

This guy is not the best fighter in the world. He's 3, maybe 4 right now. He's a very smart fighter, but skill-wise, he's barely top 5. He has outstanding control, and great takedowns and transitions, but his BJJ and striking are above average at best. He couldn't completely outstrike arguably the worst striker (Shields) at 170 that's a contender, and couldn't submit one of the worst ground fighters at 170 even with two subs locked in.

He's smart. He knows how to win. Skill-wise, Anderson and Jones are superior, and maybe even Aldo.

northspeter
5/10/2011, 07:49 PM
he is missing a killer instinct right now... but his striking and bjj are a lot better that just above average... his boxing is probably 2nd in the entire division to only nick diaz and his jitz is probly top 5 in the division... that's way above average... i wouldn't argue with silva, aldo or even jones being ranked higher overall... but that's pretty impressive company if you ask me...

Harry Beanbag
5/10/2011, 09:26 PM
GSP controlled the fight, yes. In no way did he "whip," dominate, or significantly outclass Jake. Two judges gave Jake two rounds, which says even when Jake was in his worst area, stand up, he still won 40% of the fight.

The fight was crap. Neither one did much of anything, however, Jake did more damage, and wasn't in the hospital like GSP after the fight. GSP did just enough to win, but dominate he did not do.

GSP's stand up looked very weak. He throws 5-8 different strikes, then repeats over, and over, and over. Looping overhand right, spinning back kick, superman punch, jab, headkick, repeat. When he did take Jake down, he wanted no part of his ground game, and stood up instantly. He took him down strictly for the points to steal the rounds, with absolutely no intentions of mounting any sort of offense from them.

This guy is not the best fighter in the world. He's 3, maybe 4 right now. He's a very smart fighter, but skill-wise, he's barely top 5. He has outstanding control, and great takedowns and transitions, but his BJJ and striking are above average at best. He couldn't completely outstrike arguably the worst striker (Shields) at 170 that's a contender, and couldn't submit one of the worst ground fighters at 170 even with two subs locked in.

He's smart. He knows how to win. Skill-wise, Anderson and Jones are superior, and maybe even Aldo.

I guess we found one of the judges from the fight. Hospital or not, GSP should have won every round of that fight. I don't like him or his style either, but he fights to win, i.e. he accumulates points for the judges. Shields performance was really disappointing.

Taking damage? WTF? It's not Dungeons and Dragons.

Knippz
5/10/2011, 09:51 PM
Damage is a major factor on the scorecards. This is still fighting.

GSP is still definitely one of the best in the world and of all time. I just think that Anderson is more skilled, as well as Jones and maybe Aldo. That's great company, and I am in no way denying his greatness.

Collier11
5/11/2011, 09:06 PM
A key to whipping someone is when you so strongly control a fight against a top 5 talent that no one thinks you whipped him. GSP was never in danger, Shields never had a chance. GSP played it relatively safe because he didnt need to do anything else

JLEW1818
5/12/2011, 08:44 AM
UFLCommissioner Michael Huyghue
by mortreport
We are considering 3D broadcasts. What is your opinion? #UFL
13 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Knippz
5/12/2011, 11:33 AM
A key to whipping someone is when you so strongly control a fight against a top 5 talent that no one thinks you whipped him. GSP was never in danger, Shields never had a chance. GSP played it relatively safe because he didnt need to do anything else

Playing it safe is probably 90% of the reason people moved him above Anderson (after the Leites/Maia fights). Every notable MMA web site less Shedog has Anderson ranked 1 right now.

GSP was never in real danger, but neither was Shields. The couple of times he was "rocked," he recovered before he even hit the ground. Other than those two strikes. GSP did virtually NOTHING. He got a few garbage time TDs that he did absolutely nothing with, and got outboxed for two rounds.

A key to whipping someone is doing some damage, hurting them, making them quit or want to quit, pummeling them, beating them into submission. A whipping is like round 1 of Maynard-Edgar 2, or Lesnar-Mir 2.

Harry Beanbag
5/12/2011, 12:22 PM
When you have absolutely no chance to win the fight, should have lost every round, and puss out and don't even try to do something different in an attempt to change the outcome you got your *** handed to you.

Looked to me like Jake was whipped mentally before the fight even started. He's probably been kicking himself ever since the final bell, the fight ended up being a waste of time the way it played out. GSP knew he had it won so why should he take any chances?

northspeter
5/12/2011, 06:39 PM
lesnar out of dos santos fight.... diverticulitis has caused him to stop his training for more treatment... carwin will step in...

reflector
5/12/2011, 07:59 PM
lesnar out of dos santos fight.... diverticulitis has caused him to stop his training for more treatment... carwin will step in...

This news stinks. I think Carwin vs. Dos Santos will still be a good fight though.

Knippz
5/12/2011, 10:57 PM
This news stinks. I think Carwin vs. Dos Santos will still be a GREAT fight though.

Fixed

Boomer.....
5/13/2011, 08:43 AM
Seriously?!? Damn!

reflector
5/13/2011, 03:15 PM
It looks like Jon Jones will not have surgery on his hand for the time being. He could still face Rashad Evans later on this year.

reflector
5/13/2011, 05:09 PM
I think the fight between Patricky "Pitbull" Freire and Michael Chandler for the lightweight tournament final should be a good one. I think Freire will win though.

Bellator 44 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23584/bellator-44-weigh-in-results-lombard-vitale-lightweight-finalists-official.mma

reflector
5/15/2011, 12:11 AM
Lombard's knockout of Vital was pretty cool. I thought Chandler really good in his fight with Patricky.

Bellator 44 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23606/bellator-44-recap.mma

reflector
5/15/2011, 02:21 AM
Here is a video of the Lombard KO.

JH1Vb_tPM5E

Knippz
5/15/2011, 01:33 PM
It looks like Jon Jones will not have surgery on his hand for the time being. He could still face Rashad Evans later on this year.

Give Jones Machida instead. Not interested in waiting 8 months for Jones to fight someone who may be able to test him. I don't think Rashad can.

northspeter
5/15/2011, 07:56 PM
machida hasn't earned that yet, he just snapped a 2 fight losing streak... if rampage beats hamill... i would like to see page v. jones...

reflector
5/16/2011, 01:07 PM
Brendan Schaub vs. Big Nog at UFC 134.

Collier11
5/16/2011, 09:58 PM
I like Schaub, lets see how 'for real' he is

reflector
5/17/2011, 03:51 PM
Bellator 44 set a record with 325,000 viewers. I am happy. I really like watching Bellator events on MTV2.

reflector
5/18/2011, 02:47 PM
Sonnen's indefinite suspension will stay in place from the California State Athletic Commission. The vote was 4 to 1 to keep it in place.

reflector
5/18/2011, 02:54 PM
Here are the bullet points from MMAMania about the hearing of Chael Sonnen.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/18/2177843/chael-sonnen-california-state-athletic-commission-hearing-live

Keith Kizer testified regarding conversations he had with Matt Lindland and the phantom conversations he had with Chael Sonnen.

Sonnen testified and said he never intended to make it sound like he had a conversation with Keith Kizer before confirming he never spoke to him nor the other commission director or commissioner regarding testosterone use and exemption. He stands by his testimony back in Dec. 2010, though.

Sonnen confirms that UFC is planning on making him a coach for the upcoming season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) opposite Michael Bisping. The winner of their fight later this year would receive a title shot.

Sonnen states that if he doesn't get his license today he's "effectively retired and that comes from Dana White." Chael wells up when saying he just wants to go back to work and doesn't want to retire.

Chael claims he needs testosterone for "survival" and he has the testosterone of "a 93 year-old man."

After being asked about his testosterone treatment, Sonnen says he's taking it to this day and is monitored at least twice a month.

Sonnen's camp attempted to allow a declaration from Matt Lindland but California would not allow it.

In the closing arguments, Sonnen gets painted as a liar and a man who cannot be trusted. He is "always looking for someone else to blame," according to Deputy DA Karen Chappelle.

Sonnen's lawyers paint him as a man who is a "fundamentally good person." They also ask the commission to consider Dana White's words that if no license is obtained, Sonnen is effectively done in MMA.

The motion to uphold the indefinite suspension passes by a vote of 4-1. The indefinite suspension remains. And if Sonnen's earlier words ring true, this just might mean he is retiring from MMA. Stay tuned.

reflector
5/20/2011, 02:41 PM
It will be sad to not have a Bellator event every weekend after tomorrow night. Season 4 was good though.

Bellator 45 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23670/bellator-45-weigh-in-results.mma

northspeter
5/20/2011, 06:59 PM
Sonnen's supsension has been retracted... he can reapply for his casc license in june i believe...

reflector
5/22/2011, 01:05 AM
M'Pumbu beat Hale to become the first Bellator Light Heavyweight champion. Patricio "Pitbull" Freire won this season's Featherweight tournament. This ends the current season of Bellator. I will miss watching their events every Saturday night.

Bellator 45 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23687/bellator-45-results.mma

reflector
5/22/2011, 02:55 PM
Here is a video of M'Pumbu's Knockout of Hale.

nrfZtDRe0Ug

reflector
5/23/2011, 12:35 PM
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson is supposed to be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight.

northspeter
5/23/2011, 08:46 PM
nick diaz has dropped out of his supposed boxing bout with jeff lacy for a presumed fight with gsp rumored to be in december...

also mma regulation has passed the ny state senate... it now has to pass the state assembly for full approval...

reflector
5/24/2011, 01:51 AM
Here is a video of Rampage on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. It may get taken down, but here it is for now.

hKWCCACawG0

reflector
5/24/2011, 02:03 PM
Bellator 45 peaked with 360,000 viewers. I hope the ratings stay strong enough that Bellator events can stay on MTV2. It was a good season.

reflector
5/24/2011, 06:31 PM
The www.mmamania.com website says that Nick Diaz and Georges St. Pierre are the likely coaches for The Ultimate Fighter 14. I think this would be a good pairing for the show.

northspeter
5/24/2011, 10:26 PM
The www.mmamania.com website says that Nick Diaz and Georges St. Pierre are the likely coaches for The Ultimate Fighter 14. I think this would be a good pairing for the show.

yep, get nick re-acquainted with the newer ufc only fans...

Boomer.....
5/25/2011, 08:00 AM
Dana is saying otherwise but might just be covering it up. I was wanting to see either 135 or 145 pounders for the next TUF.

R5GZXJ0fef4

reflector
5/26/2011, 12:14 PM
Dana White UFC 130 Video Blog 1 (NSFW)

OdSeg3l_Sc0

reflector
5/27/2011, 03:16 AM
Dana White UFC 130 Video Blog 2 (NSFW)

i6mianXHwAU

reflector
5/27/2011, 03:04 PM
It looks like Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller will be the coaches on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter.

northspeter
5/27/2011, 04:32 PM
i think thats a very interesting fight... i like mayhem... he's an interesting person... but can sometimes be a boring fighter... he should wrestle bisping to death...

reflector
5/27/2011, 06:33 PM
Both Rampage and Hamill made weight. I think Rampage will be too much for Hamill tomorrow night.

UFC 130 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23752/ufc-130-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
5/29/2011, 12:38 AM
I thought Mir and Rampage looked good tonight. Reports are that Mir broke his jaw and has a busted rib, and also that Brian Stann fractured his thumb. I thought Torres deserved the win in his fight.

UFC 130 Results

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/28/2195629/ufc-130-results-rampage-jackson-beats-matt-hamill-by-decision-to

reflector
5/29/2011, 02:19 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0WFv-PQwh-o/TeHMQDnvAQI/AAAAAAAABSY/h00dOlUqFjw/s1600/ztjfx2.gif

Boomer.....
5/29/2011, 03:11 PM
That was a bad *** hit.

As much as I don't like Mir, it was nice seeing fat boy Nelson lose.

northspeter
5/29/2011, 04:11 PM
thought it was a great card... mir and rampage just out classed there opponents... both fought with injuries it seemd too... stann and story were very impressive!

Boomer.....
6/1/2011, 09:11 AM
Rampage is at it again

jpoauqfkxlU

reflector
6/1/2011, 03:05 PM
Rampage is at it again

jpoauqfkxlU

I saw an interview with the reporter, yesterday I believe, that she wasn't offended or upset by the interview with Rampage.

reflector
6/1/2011, 06:04 PM
Reports are that Nick Diaz will fight Georges St. Pierre at UFC 137. That is what MMAJunkie is reporting.

reflector
6/1/2011, 06:47 PM
Diaz had to agree not to box, in order to get the fight with GSP. There were reports that Diaz was going to box Jeff Lacy. Now it appears that he will not.

mgsooner
6/1/2011, 06:50 PM
I don't give Diaz much of a chance against GSP, but it should be a really fun promotion.

reflector
6/2/2011, 05:32 PM
Here is the fight card for The Ultimate Fighter Finale on Saturday. This is not the whole artice. It is just the fight card. They usually don't release the whole card until the Thursday before the event, so this is not unusual.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23837/spike-tv-confirms-lineup-for-the-ultimate-fight-13-finale-five-fight-main-card.mma

MAIN CARD

Tony Ferguson vs. Ramsey Nijem ("TUF 13" tourney finale)
Clay Guida vs. Anthony Pettis
Chris Cope vs. Chuck O'Neil
Kyle Kingsbury vs. Fabio Maldonado
Tim Credeur vs. Ed Herman

PRELIMINARY CARD

Reuben Duran vs. Francisco Rivera
Scott Jorgensen vs. Ken Stone
Justin Edwards vs. Clay Harvison
Shamar Bailey vs. Ryan McGillivray
Josh Grispi vs. George Roop
Danny Downes vs. Jeremy Stephens

reflector
6/2/2011, 08:19 PM
Anthony Johnson is out on the UFC on Versus 4 card. Nate Marquardt will now fight Rick Story for the main event on the card. Johnson has a shoulder injury.

northspeter
6/3/2011, 04:25 PM
bones is reporting he will fight rampage for the title... apparently at ufc 135 in september...

reflector
6/3/2011, 04:35 PM
bones is reporting he will fight rampage for the title... apparently at ufc 135 in september...

I think it will be a great fight.

reflector
6/3/2011, 06:23 PM
Everyone made weight for tomorrow night. I think the fight between Pettis and Guida is going to be really good.

The Ultimate Fighter 13 Live Finale Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23831/the-ultimate-fighter-13-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
6/3/2011, 11:01 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale Weigh In Highlights

SdMdkh7MrMk

Boomer.....
6/4/2011, 07:21 PM
I finally caught up with TUF. The best two fighters made it to the finale. Too bad I don't like either of them though. I always love me a Guida fight. :D

reflector
6/5/2011, 12:04 AM
I thought Tony landed a nice hook in his fight to win the season. Guida looked good in his fight as well.

The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23869/tuf-13-finale-main-card-results-ferguson-wins-tuf13-guida-smothers-pettis.mma

reflector
6/6/2011, 06:09 PM
Mayhem as a Coach on The Ultimate Fighter

sAOhRAtu5HM

reflector
6/7/2011, 05:14 PM
Reports are that YouTube will show 5 preliminary bouts for UFC 131. They have been doing it on Facebook as well. Now they are going to show it on YouTube in addition.

reflector
6/8/2011, 06:36 PM
The Bloody Elbow website is report that the UFC is in talks about purchasing the G4 television network. That would be cool if a deal could get done.

reflector
6/10/2011, 05:20 AM
Dana White UFC 131 Video Blogs 1 & 2 (NSFW)

ZK1m71N0ugc

ue3GOjxFoI8

Sorry I am late posting these.

reflector
6/10/2011, 05:22 PM
UFC 131 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23915/ufc-131-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

Carwin weighed in at 254 pounds. Dos Santos weighed in at 239 pounds.

reflector
6/10/2011, 09:24 PM
UFC 131 Weigh In Highlights

sHXHcK6-p14

reflector
6/12/2011, 12:03 AM
I thought this was a good event. Dos Santos had really good striking at the event. I am looking forward to a fight between Dos Santos and Velasquez.

UFC 131 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23953/ufc-131-main-card-results-dos-santos-sweeps-carwin-to-earn-title-shot.mma

reflector
6/12/2011, 10:42 PM
There is free MMA on the following website right now. If you see this thread soon, you can watch the free fights. The owner of the site is the one putting on the fights, so it is a legal stream.

http://www.battlecam.com/hitman

BigJerm7
6/13/2011, 07:46 AM
I've always liked Mayhem. A little bit of a showboat, but he also entertains.

Carwin took a serious pounding, but proved he could go the distance. If he'd had 30 more seconds he might have sunk that choke in.

Overall I thought the fights were pretty good. The Herman fight was good and Munoz (OSU All American) did well.

northspeter
6/13/2011, 03:06 PM
some great fights on that card... even the undercard had some great fights... looking forward to the strikeforce event this weekend... the overeem and barnett heavyweight quarterfinal bouts... plus kj noons v masvidal and 2 heavyweight alternate bouts... should be good stuff!!!

reflector
6/13/2011, 03:52 PM
The bill to legalize MMA in New York passed the Codes Committee today. It passed by a 17-1 vote. It will now go to the Ways and Means Committee.

reflector
6/14/2011, 04:41 PM
M-1 will have an event air live on Showtime on July 8. It will be live for the East Coast and tape delayed for the West Coast. I actually got Showtime the week leading up to their first ever MMA event on the channel. I love the channel now. It is so cool that they support the sport.

reflector
6/17/2011, 05:31 PM
Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum Weigh In Results

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/17/2228471/strikeforce-weigh-in-results-live-from-dallas-for-overeem-vs-werdum

I am excited for the fight card tomorrow.

reflector
6/19/2011, 12:45 AM
I thought the Overeem vs. Werdum fight was kind of boring. It was still a good event though. I was pretty sure Barnett was going to be too much for Rogers, and I was right.

Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24047/strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum-main-card-results.mma

northspeter
6/19/2011, 09:27 AM
really dissappointed in werdum... when he actually stood and exchanged with overeem, he did well... its frustrating to watch someone continuously flop to the ground...

reflector
6/21/2011, 05:18 PM
Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum got Showtime it's second highest ratings for an MMA event on the channel. It had an average audience of 624,000 viewers. It peaked with 719,000 viewers. I am glad. I like watching MMA events on Showtime.

reflector
6/23/2011, 10:59 AM
UFC 132 Urijah Faber Pre Fight Interview

5T6DrjYV-ME

reflector
6/24/2011, 05:05 PM
I am ready for another Bellator tournament to begin.

Bellator 46 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24119/bellator-46-weigh-in-results-tourney-quarterfinalists-all-on-weight.mma

reflector
6/25/2011, 12:38 AM
There were not a lot of finishes on tonight's card, but I still thought it was a good event.

Strikeforce Challengers 16 Results

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/24/2241523/strikeforce-challengers-16-results-and-live-fight-coverage-tonight

northspeter
6/25/2011, 04:50 PM
Nate Marquardt CUT from UFC!!! athletic commission wouldnt clear him for the fight and Dana immediatly cut him...

Dana White Cuts Marquardt from the UFC (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/25/dana-white-cuts-nate-marquardt-from-ufc/)

reflector
6/25/2011, 05:09 PM
Nate Marquardt CUT from UFC!!! athletic commission wouldnt clear him for the fight and Dana immediatly cut him...

Dana White Cuts Marquardt from the UFC (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/25/dana-white-cuts-nate-marquardt-from-ufc/)

This is kind of shocking.

reflector
6/25/2011, 05:15 PM
I am still excited for this event. I am glad Story is still going to fight.

UFC on Versus 4 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24123/ufc-on-versus-4-marquardt-vs-story-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
6/25/2011, 06:02 PM
Kongo vs. Barry Staredown

3fbHGwJv8l8

northspeter
6/25/2011, 09:16 PM
interesting comment from Joe Lauzon on twitter... he said he was with Nate last night... and he was on weight... said he knows what happened, but no one is going to talk until the UFC does...

reflector
6/26/2011, 12:12 AM
I think the Peruvian necktie is a really cool looking submission. I wish they would have multiple weight classes in the Summer series, so I could watch more MMA that way. The 145 pound tournament was pretty cool tonight. The second round takes place in like a month, I think.

Bellator 46 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24151/bellator-46-results-curran-sandro-malegarie-mann-advance-in-145-pound-tourney.mma

northspeter
6/26/2011, 06:37 PM
I think the Peruvian necktie is a really cool looking submission. I wish they would have multiple weight classes in the Summer series, so I could watch more MMA that way. The 145 pound tournament was pretty cool tonight. The second round takes place in like a month, I think.

Bellator 46 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24151/bellator-46-results-curran-sandro-malegarie-mann-advance-in-145-pound-tourney.mma

it was a pretty good show last night... some nice finishes and the necktie was very well done...

northspeter
6/26/2011, 07:59 PM
Nate will adress all issues regarding his medicals... on tuesday via facebook...

reflector
6/27/2011, 12:36 AM
I enjoyed this event. The fight between Barry and Kongo was action packed for as long as it lasted.

UFC on Versus 4 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24160/ufc-on-versus-4-main-card-results.mma

northspeter
6/27/2011, 02:24 PM
UFC on Versus 4, one of the better minor cards ive seen...

northspeter
6/28/2011, 02:23 PM
turns out... Marquardt was on HRT for supposed low testosterone... he'd been on it since last august, was approved for the therapy under a Dr.'s care... his levels were fine for his fight against Dan Miller... he had a pre-test for this card in Pennsylvania... his levels were high... he was told if he could get them down he could fight... obviously he couldnt, or didnt... and was therein dropped from the card and fired from the UFC...

reflector
6/28/2011, 03:03 PM
turns out... Marquardt was on HRT for supposed low testosterone... he'd been on it since last august, was approved for the therapy under a Dr.'s care... his levels were fine for his fight against Dan Miller... he had a pre-test for this card in Pennsylvania... his levels were high... he was told if he could get them down he could fight... obviously he couldnt, or didnt... and was therein dropped from the card and fired from the UFC...

This sounds similar to Chael Sonnen's situation.

northspeter
6/28/2011, 03:34 PM
This sounds similar to Chael Sonnen's situation.

coincidentally they fought each other about 2 years ago...

reflector
6/28/2011, 03:39 PM
Bellator 46 only had about 185,000 viewers on MTV2. I wish they would do more than one weight class in the Summer series. I still like watching Bellator events on MTV2.

reflector
6/29/2011, 04:42 PM
Chael Sonnen's suspension ends today.

reflector
6/30/2011, 06:49 PM
Brett Rogers has been released from his Strikeforce contract, following an arrest.

Boomer.....
7/1/2011, 08:29 AM
Faber over Cruz (homer pick)
The Axe Murderer over the pink haired freak
Bader kills Tito

reflector
7/1/2011, 07:02 PM
Everyone is on weight for the event.

UFC 132 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24226/ufc-132-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
7/2/2011, 11:07 PM
I thought it was a good event. I was surprised at how bad Bader looked in tonight's fight.

UFC 132 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24247/ufc-132-main-card-results.mma

Boomer.....
7/3/2011, 10:12 AM
Well I couldn't have been further off.

:D

reflector
7/5/2011, 03:09 PM
For those that might not know, there is an M-1 event on Friday night on Showtime. The card has been finalized now.

M-1 Challenge 26 Lineup

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24274/m-1-challenge-26-lineup-finalized-with-eight-bouts-fans-invited-to-thursdays-weigh-ins.mma

reflector
7/7/2011, 01:11 AM
MMAJunkie is reporting that Brian Stann may fight Chael Sonnen at UFC 136 in October. I personally think this would be a really tough fight for Stann. I hope he ends up fighting someone else. I just think that Sonnen would be too much for him at this point. We will see if the fight even happens though.

northspeter
7/7/2011, 03:12 PM
MMAJunkie is reporting that Brian Stann may fight Chael Sonnen at UFC 136 in October. I personally think this would be a really tough fight for Stann. I hope he ends up fighting someone else. I just think that Sonnen would be too much for him at this point. We will see if the fight even happens though.

really??? i just read somehting yesterday about a different opponent for sonnen... lyoto machida... was the name i had heard... interesting.. i think chael probably dominates stann...

reflector
7/7/2011, 05:02 PM
really???

Here is the link.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24294/middleweights-chael-sonnen-vs-brian-stann-targeted-for-ufc-136-in-houston.mma

tbl
7/8/2011, 09:43 AM
Chael is a trip...

http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2022293%3ABlogPost%3A2567891

Boomer.....
7/8/2011, 10:11 AM
Funny guy but yes he is a trip.

reflector
7/8/2011, 11:16 AM
All the fighters for tonight's M-1 event on Showtime are on weight.

reflector
7/8/2011, 01:10 PM
Matt Hughes to fight Diego Sanchez at UFC 135.

Boomer.....
7/8/2011, 01:26 PM
I saw that earlier today. I like it! Bones will probably destroy Rampage in that fight also.

reflector
7/9/2011, 01:14 AM
The spinning backfist KO at this event has to be a candidate for KO of the Year right now.

M-1 Challenge 26 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24328/m-1-challenge-26-results.mma

Knippz
7/10/2011, 03:57 PM
Faber over Cruz (homer pick)
The Axe Murderer over the pink haired freak
Bader kills Tito

Lmao worst picks evar!

I picked Faber too. They were tough fights to predict honestly.

reflector
7/11/2011, 01:15 PM
John Howard has been released by the UFC.

reflector
7/12/2011, 06:25 PM
The first episode of The Ultimate Fighter 14 is going to be two hours long.

Boomer.....
7/12/2011, 09:29 PM
When does it start?

tbl
7/13/2011, 12:04 PM
When does it end?

reflector
7/13/2011, 04:21 PM
When does it start?

In September, I think.

northspeter
7/13/2011, 04:28 PM
there were early rumors of machida or tito replacing davis in ufc 133... but both have turned down the bout... haven't heard any new names... i wonder if dana will make a move with one of the strikeforce guys... like king mo or gegard mousasi???

Knippz
7/13/2011, 10:51 PM
Tito took the fight!!

northspeter
7/14/2011, 03:58 PM
Tito took the fight!!

yep, i saw that... he changed his mind.. im sure dana made it worth his while though...

reflector
7/14/2011, 05:33 PM
Roy Nelson vs. Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 137 in October.

northspeter
7/14/2011, 06:23 PM
mitrione v. kongo... to meet in october... in vegas...

reflector
7/15/2011, 06:19 PM
Carlos Condit vs. BJ Penn is being targeted for the co-main event at UFC 137.

reflector
7/15/2011, 08:57 PM
Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian at UFC 136. It looks like it is confirmed now.

northspeter
7/17/2011, 12:23 AM
little nog out... dana looking for replacement to face franklin... new ufc on versus 6 added with wiman v. danzig and brenneman v. rumble johnson the first 2 bouts announced for that card...

reflector
7/17/2011, 01:19 AM
Tom Lawlor vs. Chris Weidman at UFC 138.

northspeter
7/18/2011, 06:46 PM
overeem out of the strikeforce heavyweight grand prix... would not agree to the sept. date for the semis... daniel cormier has taken his place and will fight bigfoot in the semis... overeem may have also been given his outright walking papers.. though that hasn't been confirmed yet...

reflector
7/18/2011, 06:55 PM
overeem out of the strikeforce heavyweight grand prix... would not agree to the sept. date for the semis... daniel cormier has taken his place and will fight bigfoot in the semis... overeem may have also been given his outright walking papers.. though that hasn't been confirmed yet...
'
This is a big development.

northspeter
7/18/2011, 07:05 PM
'
This is a big development.

looks as though overeem went into the tourney with only 2 fights on his contract... so the semifinal fight would've been his last contracted bout with strikeforce... so this was apparently a negotiating standoff...

northspeter
7/18/2011, 07:51 PM
dana released a statement... that overeem is still under contract and will fight again, once his "pinky toe" heals... probably a good chance he's fighting in the UFC by the start of 2012...

reflector
7/19/2011, 03:02 PM
Mark Munoz vs. Chris Leben at UFC 138 will be the first non-title five round main event.

reflector
7/21/2011, 07:17 PM
I think this is going to be a good fight card for Showtime. I think the third fight between Bowling and Voelker should be good.

Strikeforce Challengers 17 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24504/strikeforce-challengers-17-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
7/21/2011, 09:39 PM
Demetrius Johnson vs Dominick Cruz for the UFC Bantamweight title is set for the UFC on Versus 6 card. This will be the first time in a very long time that a title fight has been on a cable network, and not PPV.

reflector
7/22/2011, 01:02 AM
Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles set for UFC 139.

reflector
7/22/2011, 05:27 PM
I wish Bellator had decided to do more than one weight class for their Summer series. I still enjoy watching their events though.

Bellator 47 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24519/bellator-47-weigh-in-results-tourney-semifinalists-all-on-weight.mma

reflector
7/23/2011, 12:20 AM
I think OSP is going to be very good in the future.

Strikeforce Challengers 17 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24514/strikeforce-challengers-17-voelker-vs-bowling-iii-live-updates-and-official-results.mma

reflector
7/25/2011, 03:33 PM
UFC 138 will air via tape delay on Spike on November 5. The event takes place in England.

reflector
7/26/2011, 01:04 PM
Bellator 47 drew the second best ratings in the company's history. I am happy. I think MTV2 does a good job with the events.

reflector
7/26/2011, 05:44 PM
Pat Barry vs. Stefan Struve at UFC on Versus 6 in October.

reflector
7/28/2011, 04:09 PM
Anderson Silva signed a sponsorship deal with Burger King in Brazil.

Boomer.....
7/28/2011, 04:32 PM
That sounds healthy!

Maybe he and Big Country Nelson can do some commercials together.

reflector
7/28/2011, 04:36 PM
That sounds healthy!

Maybe he and Big Country Nelson can do some commercials together.

I thought it was a strange sponsorship combination as well. The campaign begins next month, supposedly.

reflector
7/29/2011, 07:15 PM
I think Henderson is in trouble in the fight tomorrow night. I will still watch it though.

Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24602/strikeforce-fedor-vs-henderson-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
7/30/2011, 04:40 PM
This should be a good event tonight. I think Fedor will win in the main event, but I still think it should be a good event.

2uTqLIYsD9Y

mgsooner
7/30/2011, 05:53 PM
I'm pumped to watch tonight. I'm really excited about Paul Daley-Tyron Woodley also. That is a classic "clash of styles" match that could be really good. You can also never really go wrong with Robbie Lawler. He's either getting knocked out or knocking someone else the f*** out

northspeter
7/30/2011, 08:08 PM
my pics...
woodley wrestles daley to death, robbie lawler, scott smith and henderson ko's fedor...

reflector
7/31/2011, 01:12 AM
I thought the main event was pretty exciting for only being a one round fight.

Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24630/strikeforce-fedor-vs-henderson-results.mma

Canyonero
8/1/2011, 12:34 AM
btCD8nrHcmc

Boomer.....
8/1/2011, 08:44 AM
Heck yeah, Hendo!

It did seem that it might have been stopped short. I couldn't tell if Fedor was knocked out from that uppercut or not but it sure dropped him quick.

tbl
8/1/2011, 08:55 AM
Dana "snoop dog" White talks trash on Fedor.

"Fedor isn’t a real fighter, he’s a complete joke. “He’s fighting middleweights and guys who have absolutely no business fighting – and he’s looking like s*** doing it.

“It’s 2008 and he hasn’t had a real fight since 2005. I don’t care about what he did in PRIDE years ago - he can’t live with anyone in the top five in the UFC and that’s why he’s not here.

“He’s not in the UFC because if he was he couldn’t avoid real competition like he’s been doing for years now.

Fedor Emelianenko, the final reigning heavyweight champion in PRIDE’s history, has issued a response to UFC president Dana White in regards to White’s continued criticism of his ability as a top fighter.

"Numerous times have I read mister White’s statements on Internet concerning myself. In my opinion, allowing yourself to say those things is not a sign of a gentleman or a grown man at all! If he candidly wants to prove himself right then let my fight with Randy happen or let me face the reigning UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those statements in my address ever again and I won’t tolerate that.

My last fight in Japan proved that I’m ready to fight anybody with any height advantage, skillset or experience. I have fought and still wish to fight the best athletes. The Randy fight is my goal number one right now, he’s a great fighter and this is a very unfortunate situation when too strict and one-sided UFC contracts don’t let this fight happen.

The whole world is eager to see me fight your champions, people don’t want to listen to your press-conferences. I’m signed with M-1 Global and this promotion is ready to organize such fights under our banner or in co-promoted events."

Joe Rogan comments on Dana White's remarks about Fedor.:D

Adult language - http://www.dailymotion.com/search/dana%2Bwhite/video/x49k8y_joe-rogan-on-fedor-and-dana-bullshi_fun

:D

Knippz
8/1/2011, 11:33 AM
Wow. I just can't believe it's all went down like this. I mean, Werdum seemed like a fluke, Bigfoot seemed too big, but now there's NO excuse.

I hate to say it here, because at a certain point I changed my stance on Fedor and starting liking him, but Dana was probably right the whole time. It was an excellent decision not to sign him by the UFC. And once again, a company who peaked when they got Fedor, will fold.

He's still the HW GOAT, but Anderson is GOAT. Get used to hearing that.

northspeter
8/1/2011, 03:03 PM
Wow. I just can't believe it's all went down like this. I mean, Werdum seemed like a fluke, Bigfoot seemed too big, but now there's NO excuse.

I hate to say it here, because at a certain point I changed my stance on Fedor and starting liking him, but Dana was probably right the whole time. It was an excellent decision not to sign him by the UFC. And once again, a company who peaked when they got Fedor, will fold.

He's still the HW GOAT, but Anderson is GOAT. Get used to hearing that.

as of right now... yes... maybe not for long though...

Knippz
8/2/2011, 11:03 AM
as of right now... yes... maybe not for long though...
Unless Randy comes back and whoops Cain/JDS ***, I think he's got greatest HW locked down for awhile. The way that HW division is growing now, there's little to no chance anyone will even defend more than 5 times. Who will challenge him as GOAT HW?

reflector
8/2/2011, 01:34 PM
Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson got 571,000 viewers. It was the fourth highest rated Strikeforce event on Showtime.

northspeter
8/2/2011, 05:17 PM
Unless Randy comes back and whoops Cain/JDS ***, I think he's got greatest HW locked down for awhile. The way that HW division is growing now, there's little to no chance anyone will even defend more than 5 times. Who will challenge him as GOAT HW?

you just named 2 of them that could... plus like you just stated the division is growing... there could be more great heavyweights on the way... fedor hasn't fought top heavyweights in 5 or 6 years... and he just lost to 2 who were fringe top 10 guys... and a light heavyweight... i think that severly affects his legacy... at least in my mind... he should've been fighting at light heavy since the breakup of Pride anyway... i think it would've been much better for his career... also if he had gotten away from m-1 a long long time ago...

reflector
8/3/2011, 01:30 PM
Dana White UFC 133 Video Blog 2 (NSFW)

g0QyPIsYLT4

I didn't post the first video in this series leading up to this event, because it just was Dana at a Rage Against the Machine concert. It was entertaining, but didn't have much to do with the UFC. I am excited for the rematch between Rashad and Tito.

tbl
8/3/2011, 03:53 PM
Cain is legit. It's WAY early to even say GOAT, but he has the potential...

reflector
8/5/2011, 03:30 PM
I am excited for the fights tomorrow night. I wonder how Rashad will look after the long lay off.

UFC 133 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24683/ufc-133-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
8/6/2011, 04:40 PM
I am excited for the event tonight.

NDXOx0gSYT0

reflector
8/7/2011, 01:41 AM
I thought both Rashad and Vitor looked good in their fights.

UFC 133 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24713/ufc-133-main-card-results.mma

tbl
8/8/2011, 11:12 AM
Rashad looked the best I've ever seen him, and that's saying something b/c he's always been solid. Looking forward to him fighting Jones (no way Page makes it through Bones).

reflector
8/8/2011, 04:38 PM
Reports are that Matt Hamill has retired from MMA.

Boomer.....
8/8/2011, 04:40 PM
He looked horrible and sort of gave up at the end of that fight.

He was on a roll until that Rampage fight.

northspeter
8/8/2011, 05:35 PM
i thought at the end of that fight, something looked wrong... read his statement earlier... and he said his heart just wasnt in it anymore... better to get out too soon than too late...

reflector
8/12/2011, 12:32 AM
I think this should be a good fight card on Showtime.

Strikeforce Challengers 18 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24764/strikeforce-challengers-18-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
8/12/2011, 05:30 PM
Dana White UFC on Versus 5 Video Blog 1 (NSFW)

01cpmnv57PI

I think the card on Sunday has the potential to be good. I think Hardy vs. Lytle will be a slugfest.

reflector
8/13/2011, 01:16 AM
The main event between Gurgel and Duarte was a good fight. I thought Duarte deserved the nod though. I thought the judges got it right, but the announcers seemed to disagree.

Strikeforce Challengers 18 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24794/strikeforce-challengers-18-results-duarte-decisions-gurgel-rousey-nets-verbal-tap.mma

reflector
8/14/2011, 01:07 AM
Chris Lytle is set to retire after his fight on Versus with Dan Hardy, win or lose.

UFC on Versus 5 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24787/ufc-on-versus-5-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

reflector
8/14/2011, 03:42 AM
Dana White UFC on Versus 5 Video Blog 2 (NSFW)

vOIe9G9xo9k

reflector
8/14/2011, 10:55 PM
It is cool that Chris Lytle was able to end his MMA career with a win.

UFC on Versus 5 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24815/ufc-on-versus-5-main-card-results.mma

reflector
8/16/2011, 04:36 PM
The UFC has apparently inked a deal with Fox. I had read that Fox was the main network that the UFC had trying to get a deal with lately. They can also have stuff on FX and Fox Sports, I would imagine. It is believed to be a seven or eight year deal. Dana White is denying the deal though. The report is from MMAJunkie.

northspeter
8/16/2011, 10:49 PM
The UFC has apparently inked a deal with Fox. I had read that Fox was the main network that the UFC had trying to get a deal with lately. They can also have stuff on FX and Fox Sports, I would imagine. It is believed to be a seven or eight year deal. Dana White is denying the deal though. The report is from MMAJunkie.

wow!!!

reflector
8/16/2011, 11:41 PM
wow!!!

Here is the link.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24840/reports-ufc-headed-to-fox-after-inking-multi-year-deal.mma

northspeter
8/17/2011, 09:26 PM
press conference scheduled for tomorrow... will include exec.'s from Fox, FX and the UFC... also some fighters are expected to attend... via an article on mmajunkie..

reflector
8/17/2011, 09:43 PM
press conference scheduled for tomorrow... will include exec.'s from Fox, FX and the UFC... also some fighters are expected to attend... via an article on mmajunkie..

Yeah. From what I gather, FX will be like Spike is now. It sounds like the regular Fox channel will have four events a year. I believe FX will have The Ultimate Fighter and Fight Nights like Spike has now.

Boomer.....
8/17/2011, 09:44 PM
Allsome!

northspeter
8/18/2011, 03:46 PM
the FX Utlimate Fighter part of the deal is outstanding... starting with TUF 15 next year... it will be a Big Brother style show, where they tape the show for 5 days, then have a live fight on friday night... and it will be over a 13 week period leading up to the Live Finale... and it's 2 seasons a year... so 26 weeks of live friday night fights... plus there will be pre and post fight shows on Fox and FX depending on the events... i also ready that some prelim shows may air on the Fuel network along with unleashed and best of pride type programming... unbelievable deal... if this doesnt bring MMA into the mainstream, then nothing will...

reflector
8/18/2011, 05:44 PM
the FX Utlimate Fighter part of the deal is outstanding... starting with TUF 15 next year... it will be a Big Brother style show, where they tape the show for 5 days, then have a live fight on friday night... and it will be over a 13 week period leading up to the Live Finale... and it's 2 seasons a year... so 26 weeks of live friday night fights... plus there will be pre and post fight shows on Fox and FX depending on the events... i also ready that some prelim shows may air on the Fuel network along with unleashed and best of pride type programming... unbelievable deal... if this doesnt bring MMA into the mainstream, then nothing will...

I think the live fights for TUF sounds really cool. I had mentioned earlier in this thread that it was either a seven or eight year deal. It sounds like it is a seven year deal from what I have read today.

northspeter
8/18/2011, 05:47 PM
I think the live fights for TUF sounds really cool. I had mentioned earlier in this thread that it was either a seven or eight year deal. It sounds like it is a seven year deal from what I have read today.

7 years, 90 mill. per...

reflector
8/21/2011, 04:19 PM
The kick that Curran landed on Sandro was pretty neat.

Bellator 48 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24897/bellator-48-results-pat-curran-wins-tourney-with-highlight-reel-head-kick.mma

reflector
8/21/2011, 04:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jtPHncqTrNU/TlB11SX_60I/AAAAAAAAEpI/WjkBdCDZKEo/s1600/4.gif

reflector
8/22/2011, 12:48 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 14 cast has been revealed.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24909/the-ultimate-fighter-14-cast-unveiled-with-32-bantamweights-and-featherweights.mma

Boomer.....
8/22/2011, 12:59 PM

So are the fights on FX only going to be part of the TUF series or will they have other UFC events on there? Since Fox will show 4 big events, does this mean that there won't be anymore PPVs?

Boomer.....
8/22/2011, 01:03 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 14 cast has been revealed.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24909/the-ultimate-fighter-14-cast-unveiled-with-32-bantamweights-and-featherweights.mma

Awesome! They needed to do a TUF with these new 135 and 145 pounders. Should be very entertaining. Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller as the coaches.

reflector
8/22/2011, 01:25 PM
So are the fights on FX only going to be part of the TUF series or will they have other UFC events on there? Since Fox will show 4 big events, does this mean that there won't be anymore PPVs?

From what I understand, FX will pretty much be like Spike is now with the UFC. I believe there will be more stuff on FX though, than just The Ultimate Fighter. There will still be PPVs. Dana supposedly made that clear recently. Fuel will also have some MMA stuff.

Boomer.....
8/22/2011, 01:53 PM
What about the fights on Verses? Will they and the ones on Spike now be on FX?

northspeter
8/22/2011, 03:31 PM
What about the fights on Verses? Will they and the ones on Spike now be on FX?

FX is taking over the Spike shows (UFC Fight Nights) and The Ultimate Fighter series... FuelTV will broadcast UFC Unleashed and Countdown specials there will also still be prelims, not sure if FX or Fuel will get those though... the versus shows will either be transferred to FX or Fuel, don't think that has been cleared up totally yet...

reflector
8/22/2011, 06:18 PM
Dana White UFC 134 Video Blog 1 (NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umUOm7bsRtE&feature=channel_video_title

northspeter
8/24/2011, 05:01 PM
after anderson silva wins saturday night, look for an announcement next week that the UFC on Fox 1 main event will be Anderson Silva v. Dan Henderson II... lorenzo fertitta has been telling anyone that will listen that that's the main event he wants..

reflector
8/24/2011, 06:50 PM
after anderson silva wins saturday night, look for an announcement next week that the UFC on Fox 1 main event will be Anderson Silva v. Dan Henderson II... lorenzo fertitta has been telling anyone that will listen that that's the main event he wants..

I had heard that this was probably going to be the main event on the Fox event in November, if Anderson wins his fight on Saturday.

reflector
8/26/2011, 03:38 PM
UFC 134 Weigh In Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24963/ufc-134-live-and-official-weigh-in-results.mma

northspeter
8/26/2011, 06:09 PM
I had heard that this was probably going to be the main event on the Fox event in November, if Anderson wins his fight on Saturday.

i read online today that Dana is saying Anderson will definitely not be on the Fox card.. i don't know who is gonna be on it, but they better make a splash or it's a wasted opportunity...

Boomer.....
8/26/2011, 06:28 PM
Spider has talked about retirement for a bit. Maybe his.contract is finally up and he can hang them up. Lord knows he doesn't want to fight hard competition.

northspeter
8/26/2011, 07:46 PM
Spider has talked about retirement for a bit. Maybe his.contract is finally up and he can hang them up. Lord knows he doesn't want to fight hard competition.

that's not it... spider said he wants to fight at least 5 more times over the next 2 years... and wants big fights... i think dana just has someone else in mind... im not sure who though... brock wont be back till january, cain v. dos santos is booked for later in november and gsp is already booked with diaz in oct.

reflector
8/26/2011, 10:34 PM
Dana White UFC 134 Video Blog 2 (NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHT8JNYGAg

reflector
8/27/2011, 11:08 PM
Anderson Silva dominated the main event.

UFC 134 Results

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24982/ufc-134-main-card-results-okami-little-challenge-for-champ-silva-shogun-blasts-griffin.mma

Boomer.....
8/27/2011, 11:52 PM
Is Forrest done?

reflector
8/28/2011, 02:09 AM
Is Forrest done?

I don't know, but I doubt it. He is still very marketable.

reflector
8/30/2011, 10:17 PM
BJ Penn Signs Contract to Fight Carlos Condit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wrawREAuo

Knippz
8/31/2011, 10:31 AM
Well, it's never been such a consensus of who the best P4P fighter in the world is. It's about freaking time everyone recognizes it! Not only that, but many are labeling Anderson as the GOAT, which is pretty accurate IMO.

Breadburner
8/31/2011, 11:05 AM
No such thing as GOAT in any sport.....

Boomer.....
8/31/2011, 11:08 AM
He is WAY too cocky for me and most people to like anymore.

If he's so great, then why doesn't he step up and fight someone good at 205?

Knippz
8/31/2011, 11:10 AM
No such thing as GOAT in any sport.....
GOAT is an opinionated term, if you don't want to speculate, go away (why bother us who like to speculate?). There is a GOAT in every sport, there's just some debate about a few of them.

Knippz
8/31/2011, 11:16 AM
He is WAY too cocky for me and most people to like anymore.

If he's so great, then why doesn't he step up and fight someone good at 205?
Forrest? Hendo is a good LHW. Franklin is a solid LHW.

Why doesn't GSP move up? Why didn't Fedor cut down to LHW when there was literally no competition? Just because you're ungrateful for what he's done so far, he should just drop his title and his records to please you? It's a business, and he has a family.

And you're the first person I've heard from in a LONG time to complain about his cockiness, and I spend a lot of time on MMA forums (whiniest group of fans ever). You're speaking for yourself. His popularity is soaring and has never been higher, I have no idea where you get this concept.

Boomer.....
8/31/2011, 11:22 AM
The fact is that he has moved up before but not fought the best. Irvin and Griffin? I realize that Forrest once held the title but he's not on the same level as Rashad, Machida, Bones, etc. Why even step up to LHW twice if he's not even wanting to go after the belt?

Knippz
8/31/2011, 11:26 AM
The fact is that he has moved up before but not fought the best. Irvin and Griffin? I realize that Forrest once held the title but he's not on the same level as Rashad, Machida, Bones, etc. Why even step up to LHW twice if he's not even wanting to go after the belt?
There you go, you made the point yourself. Machida is a win away from a title shot, Anderson has no interest in coming in and f*cking everything up for his training partner. This isn't Greg Jackson's.

reflector
8/31/2011, 02:47 PM
I would love for there to be a Superfight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I think that would be an awesome fight.

Boomer.....
8/31/2011, 03:26 PM
Or GSP and Silva but that will probably never happen. At least Silva walks around at a LHW weight.

reflector
8/31/2011, 03:45 PM
Or GSP and Silva but that will probably never happen. At least Silva walks around at a LHW weight.

He walks around at like 230. He is really big when he is not fighting.

northspeter
8/31/2011, 08:59 PM
GSP walks around at about 190-195 for what its worth...

northspeter
8/31/2011, 09:50 PM
im seeing some rumors now that bj penn v. carlos condit will be moved to the headline bout on FOX in November.... if true, that's a pretty awesome fight on free tv...

reflector
9/1/2011, 01:40 AM
im seeing some rumors now that bj penn v. carlos condit will be moved to the headline bout on FOX in November.... if true, that's a pretty awesome fight on free tv...

That would be a good fight for the Fox card. I have also read that they are going to do a UFC Primetime on October 30 to promote the Fox card on November 12. It will be a one hour thing, i think.

northspeter
9/1/2011, 03:06 PM
That would be a good fight for the Fox card. I have also read that they are going to do a UFC Primetime on October 30 to promote the Fox card on November 12. It will be a one hour thing, i think.

yep, i saw that too... its supposed to come on right after the OT that sunday...

northspeter
9/1/2011, 04:51 PM
Dana White to make major announcement tomorrow morning...

EDIT** Dana White just tweeted that the announcement is regarding the Fox Fights... apparently the main card has been set...

northspeter
9/1/2011, 06:50 PM
apparently Dana is hinting that they are big names.. the rumored main card fights ive seen so far are Dan Henderson v. Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort v. Chris Leben, Alistair Overeem v. Frank Mir and BJ Penn v. Carlos Condit.... i think any of those fights would be awesome on live, free, network, TV...

reflector
9/1/2011, 07:52 PM
apparently Dana is hinting that they are big names.. the rumored main card fights ive seen so far are Dan Henderson v. Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort v. Chris Leben, Alistair Overeem v. Frank Mir and BJ Penn v. Carlos Condit.... i think any of those fights would be awesome on live, free, network, TV...

I agree.

northspeter
9/2/2011, 01:58 PM
it is a heavyweight title fight.. Cain Velasquez v. Junior Dos Santos... live on Fox Nov. 12th... the only scheduled live fight for the event... if it ends early, we will probably see an undercard fight or 2...

reflector
9/2/2011, 03:26 PM
it is a heavyweight title fight.. Cain Velasquez v. Junior Dos Santos... live on Fox Nov. 12th... the only scheduled live fight for the event... if it ends early, we will probably see an undercard fight or 2...

This fight is huge! I really did not expect this big of a fight for the first Fox card.

Boomer.....
9/2/2011, 03:57 PM
Nice! I'm pumped about this new Fox deal. It's going to bring in tons of new fans.

reflector
9/4/2011, 08:11 AM
UFC Promo on Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKLU-kQPag

I didn't watch this baseball game, but it does sound like Fox is going promote the first UFC on Fox event pretty hard.

reflector
9/5/2011, 03:42 PM
Diego Sanchez has a broken hand and is out of his upcoming fight with Matt Hughes at UFC 135. This news really stinks.

northspeter
9/5/2011, 04:44 PM
by the way... did anyone notice the ufc promo's on the FX OU broadcast saturday night??? pretty cool!

reflector
9/5/2011, 05:00 PM
by the way... did anyone notice the ufc promo's on the FX OU broadcast saturday night??? pretty cool!

Yes I did.

reflector
9/5/2011, 09:54 PM
It looks like Matt Hughes may fight Josh Koscheck now.

reflector
9/6/2011, 12:19 PM
www.spike.com is set to start showing the Bellator preliminary cards starting with Bellator 49.

reflector
9/6/2011, 03:53 PM
Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem at UFC 141.

reflector
9/6/2011, 05:57 PM
Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson on the UFC on Fox 1 card.

reflector
9/7/2011, 02:05 PM
UFC 141 preliminary fights will be on Spike.

reflector
9/7/2011, 03:47 PM
Nick Diaz is out of the fight with GSP. Dana White said that Diaz hasn't been doing the media events. GSP will now fight Carlos Condit at UFC 137.

Knippz
9/8/2011, 11:55 AM
The last few weeks have been RIDICULOUS!

My thoughts:

Anderson is the GOAT

The HW title fight is HUGE and is a great decision by the UFC!

Holy effing ****e about AO vs Brock! That fight is a dream fight, it's gonna be awesome!

Diaz totally deserves what he got and should be fired, he's an absolute moron.

northspeter
9/8/2011, 03:28 PM
bj penn now looking for an opponent... dana hinted that he had an idea for an opponent that was a little crazy but was waiting to hear back from bj before making an announcement... any guesses???

i've heard nick diaz... and i've also heard gilbert melendez as possibilities...

reflector
9/8/2011, 03:40 PM
bj penn now looking for an opponent... dana hinted that he had an idea for an opponent that was a little crazy but was waiting to hear back from bj before making an announcement... any guesses???

i've heard nick diaz... and i've also heard gilbert melendez as possibilities...

I have heard a lot of crazy rumors about who Penn may fight next.

northspeter
9/8/2011, 04:24 PM
care to share??

reflector
9/8/2011, 04:30 PM
care to share??

I doubt it is correct but I have heard Anderson Silva. I doubt that he would go up two weight classes for the fight. I really don't think BJ Penn will end up fighting Anderson Silva, but it is a rumor I have read.

northspeter
9/8/2011, 04:39 PM
wow, tht is crazy.... via twiiter... jon fitch is campaigning, however i think its too late, cuz about an hour ago bj said he was given an offer he couldnt refuse... so sounds like a deal is done... still nothing concrete, but i keep seeing nick diaz name...

reflector
9/8/2011, 04:43 PM
wow, tht is crazy.... via twiiter... jon fitch is campaigning, however i think its too late, cuz about an hour ago bj said he was given an offer he couldnt refuse... so sounds like a deal is done... still nothing concrete, but i keep seeing nick diaz name...

I have seen that rumor as well. I don't think it would be that crazy if he fought Nick Diaz. I have heard about him potentially fighting weight classes that I don' t think he has ever fought at in the UFC .