PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official MMA Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

Boomer.....
11/23/2009, 10:44 AM
Good to see Griffin back on the winning side of things. I have never been a Tito fan.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 10:56 AM
Ive always been a Forrest fan since he was on the show

I wonder if Kimbo IS going to get to fight for Mitrione coming up? The thing is, Dana has already said he will fight again in the UFC so it has to be one of two scenarios IMO

A) Kimbo gets back on teh show and wins a fight or two to up his stock
B) He doesnt fight again but Dana brings him to UFC for ratings

I cant see Dana offering him fights with the UFC if he loses another fight on the show

Boomer.....
11/23/2009, 11:59 AM
Word is that Kimbo is fighting Houston Alexander during TUF Finale on Dec. 5. What's odd about that is that normally a few of the fighter who lost during the show will come back and fight another person on the show, not a UFC vet. It might turn out well for Kimbo because Houston doesn't have much ground game and you are putting power against power.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 01:21 PM
so do you think he will get another fight on the show?

Boomer.....
11/23/2009, 02:09 PM
Doubt it. I think they are just hyping it up to get people more interested in the show.

Collier11
11/23/2009, 02:11 PM
probably so, I like the guy and I hope he ends up having a good career, or atleast a career

tbl
11/25/2009, 10:05 AM
Houston Alexander is a perfect matchup for Kimbo. Those that like a straight up brawl should be in for a VERY entertaining fight.

KC//CRIMSON
11/25/2009, 12:10 PM
Houston Alexander is a perfect matchup for Kimbo. Those that like a straight up brawl should be in for a VERY entertaining fight.

So which one is moving in weight class? I can't imagine Kimbo at 205lb?

Boomer.....
11/25/2009, 12:41 PM
I think it is a catch-weight fight.

Boomer.....
12/10/2009, 05:33 PM
Kimbo looked pretty good in the one round that Alexander would fight him. That was a pathetic but smart game plan that reminded me of the old Machida.

Boomer.....
12/10/2009, 05:34 PM
UFC 107 this Saturday.

Should be a great night of fights with Penn vs Sanchez, Mir vs Kongo, Fitch vs Pierce, and Florian vs Guida. Definitely going to get this fight.

soonerborn30
12/11/2009, 05:34 PM
I love watching Guida fight. He's relentless. I'm also interested to see if Mir can come back after getting handled by Brock.

tbl
12/12/2009, 02:52 PM
This card is extremely promising... too bad we couldn't get our Rampage/Rashad fix.

Boomer.....
12/12/2009, 03:31 PM
We will soon if Rashad wins. Rampage has announced he is coming back and Dana said they will fight.

tbl
12/13/2009, 12:52 AM
After that, who cares? That card MORE than satisfied. The only black eye (to me) is the standard Jon Fitch snoozefest. I wish that dude would get cut, but he keeps getting his lame decisions.

Boomer.....
12/14/2009, 09:08 AM
I agree with the Fitch fight. Everyone at the bar was losing interest.

As far as BJ Penn, he is simply amazing. There was some doubt before the Florian fight but the last two have reaffirmed that he is one of the best pound for pound fighters in mma. He tore apart Diego in every aspect of the fight.

soonerborn30
12/14/2009, 09:16 AM
Ugh. I can't believe Kongo gave up his neck to Mir like that. How disappointing. That cocky SOB just can't stop running his mouth. Even after Brock treated him like a little girl he still calls him out and wants more. Here's hoping Lesnar gets healthy and back to his fighting shape and just destroys Mir again to shut him up for good.

Boomer.....
12/14/2009, 10:22 AM
As much as I can't stand Mir either, he is fighting at a top level. He has bulked up and is huge!

tbl
12/14/2009, 12:26 PM
The weight he put on was ridiculous. 264 and he was pretty much ripped. Very, very impressive. With his mouth, it makes a Brock/Mir rematch a hard one for me to pick a fave since I'm definitely not a Brock fan. I still think that would be a good fight. Say what you will about Mir, but dude is a skilled fighter and it looks like he's definitely made some of the adjustments he needed to make.

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/21/2010, 11:12 AM
he's ba-aacckkkk.....

----------------------
UFC's Brock Lesnar ready for return

Brock Lesnar is ready to resume training to defend his UFC heavyweight title after a serious intestinal problem derailed his career and endangered his life.

Lesnar hasn't been in the octagon since defending his title at UFC 100 last July, when he beat Frank Mir. He is expected to return this summer, likely fighting the winner of Mir's March 27 bout with Shane Carwin.

Lesnar spent several months struggling with diverticulitis, a swelling of a pouch in the intestinal wall. He lost 40 pounds and had a major scare while hunting in Canada before getting treatment in North Dakota and at the Mayo Clinic.

The former professional wrestler says he has changed his diet and is thrilled to resume his career.

Lesnar is considered UFC's top pay-per-view draw.

-------------------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100120/ap_on_sp_ot/mma_ufc_lesnar

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/24/2010, 07:05 AM
i just hope he gets drilled by someone. can't stand that guy.

Knippz
2/10/2010, 02:22 PM
Mike Swick = epic fail

Knippz
2/10/2010, 02:29 PM
Nate Marquardt will never fight Anderson again.

Boomer.....
2/10/2010, 03:41 PM
Couture looked good. I know it was against Coleman but still. His boxing was solid.

Breadburner
2/11/2010, 09:57 AM
Coleman needs to hang it up......

Knippz
2/12/2010, 12:50 PM
Vitor Belfort forced out of fight with Anderson Silva due to injury.

Sh*t!

Who does Andy fight now?

tbl
2/13/2010, 02:46 PM
Apparently Meia... :? :? :?

I wish Chael was in better shape... DANG IT!!!

Knippz
2/15/2010, 10:55 AM
Sonnen would have no shot at beating Anderson. Maia has a crazy outside shot of subbing him, but is outclassed in every other aspect. I expect either a) super fast Silva KO, b) snooze-fest, or c) Maia upsets with a sub.

tbl
2/15/2010, 03:19 PM
B is pretty likely...

Knippz
2/16/2010, 03:23 PM
I'd put my money on B.

Who knows, maybe Andy will attack for once, knowing how bad Maias standup is.

Knippz
2/19/2010, 02:12 PM
You know what I want? Wandy-Belfort II

Knippz
2/19/2010, 03:58 PM
Vitor hasn't impressed me thaaat much. I mean, he KO'd a 40 year old Lindland and Terry Martin who got KO'd by Chris Leben. I think Wandy could have easily done the same.

Boomer.....
2/19/2010, 04:22 PM
Great overall card this weekend.

* Heavyweight Bout: Brazil Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. United States Cain Velasquez[1]
* Middleweight Bout: Brazil Wanderlei Silva vs. England Michael Bisping[1]
* Lightweight Bout: United States Joe Stevenson vs. Australia George Sotiropoulos[1]
* Light Heavyweight Bout: United States Keith Jardine vs. United States Ryan Bader[1]
* Heavyweight Bout: Croatia Mirko Filipović vs. Australia Anthony Perosh[1]

[edit] Preliminary Card

* Light Heavyweight Bout: United States Stephan Bonnar vs. Poland Krzysztof Soszynski[1]
* Welterweight Bout: United States Chris Lytle vs. United States Brian Foster[1]
* Middleweight Bout: United States C.B. Dollaway vs. Croatia Goran Reljic[1]
* Light Heavyweight Bout: New Zealand James Te-Huna vs. Croatia Igor Pokrajac[1]

tbl
2/20/2010, 03:35 PM
CB Dollaway hasn't been cut yet???

Knippz
2/22/2010, 02:36 PM
Damn, Wandy almost got the KO. He needs to be more aggressive.

Cain is legit. Poor Nog.

OU4LIFE
2/22/2010, 02:56 PM
kinda finally nice to see some legit guys in Hwt for the UFC, it looks like Cain, Shane, Brock and Mir are all a threat.

Beats the heck out of watching Silva or Herring.

tbl
2/23/2010, 04:36 PM
Now Mir is putting his foot in his huge mouth again. While Brock is sick, he says he wishes nothing personally on him, he's a father, yada yada... Now he wants to break his neck and cause him to be the first guy to die in the octagon. Idiot...

Knippz
2/25/2010, 03:34 PM
I like trash talking. It was huge in boxing, and the greatest of all time were/are big trash talkers.

tbl
2/26/2010, 01:44 PM
Trash talk is fine, but Mir comes across as a ******...

Boomer.....
2/27/2010, 02:00 PM
Very much so.

Collier11
2/27/2010, 02:01 PM
Kimbo and Mitrione signed on to fight, another winnable fight for Kimbo to start his career and bring in the $$$$ for Dana

That card in May is loaded

OU4LIFE
3/1/2010, 08:53 AM
Mitrione....gah.

guy wears me smooth.

At least you know Kimbo busts his *** trying to learn and work hard. Mitrione looks like a slack-***.

ousooners182
3/6/2010, 04:54 AM
chael sonnen has been talking alot about silva..im ready for silva to get that win so sonnen can eat his words..

demians bjj is all world and maybe if he could get silva in his guard he could make something happen but i really dont see it..

whats your guys take on the dan hardy gsp??

ousooners182
3/6/2010, 04:55 AM
the card in aubi dhabi is going to be awesome..

Knippz
3/7/2010, 12:00 PM
I honestly think GSP comes in this fight and dominates the stand-up. I think GSP finishes early.

Big Red Ron
3/8/2010, 01:22 PM
Anyone else think Bisping is a fraud?

I mean, someone Dana is bringing along to expand his business to the UK?

I watched Matt Hammel pound him and beat Bisping at his own game (stand up) but Bisping was given the fight on a gimme decision in the UK.

Collier11
3/8/2010, 01:28 PM
Dana has had to deal with some questionable decisions by judges lately for sure

Big Red Ron
3/8/2010, 01:55 PM
Dana has had to deal with some questionable decisions by judges lately for sure
With no rematch after a questionable decision, I smell something fishey. Hammel could have easily taken Bisping down and tied him up in knots but stuck with the stand up because he was dominating him.

:gary:

Boomer.....
3/8/2010, 02:07 PM
I think he has talent but is not the star he was. The losses to Hendo and Wandy have really put a damper on his name.

Nothing made me happier than seeing Henderson lay him out and then finish with the flying punch.

Knippz
3/9/2010, 05:13 AM
Nothing makes me happier tab seeing Miguel Torres' career going downhill. I hate that guy so much. Seriously? A mexi-mullet?

Big Red Ron
3/9/2010, 09:06 PM
What happenend to Lesner?

Collier11
3/9/2010, 09:42 PM
he said he is back and ready to fight once he gets his conditioning back

Boomer.....
3/9/2010, 09:55 PM
He had an intestinal disorder which threatened his career and life. He should fight the winner of Mir/Carwin sometime this summer.

HillbillyRay
3/21/2010, 10:09 AM
tonights fight on versus will be a good one to tune into... Clay Guida is one of the most entertaining guys in the ring IMO, also the kongo fight should be good, who do yall think will take the Bones Jones/Brandon Vera fight?

Knippz
3/23/2010, 01:59 PM
Bones is legit. Looking forward to the rest of his career, it'll be exciting.

84 inch reach is insane. A prime Jones vs Andy Silva would be a helluva match.

Knippz
3/23/2010, 02:02 PM
GSP, Carwin, Saunders, Fitch, Miller.

Picks for 111.

Side note, I want to see Carwin vs Dos Santos NOW, which means I want Carwin to lose to Mir. But I see Carwin getting a clean KO.

Big Red Ron
3/23/2010, 02:22 PM
GSP is pound for pound the best fighter in the world inho.

Knippz
3/25/2010, 11:58 AM
Really starting to like Hardy. I used to hate him with a passion, but he's legit, and entertaining. He probably won't beat GSP, but I'd love to see Hardy vs Alves, Fitch, Kos, Serra, Anthony Johnson, and Daley. He matches up well with everyone but GSP.

Collier11
3/25/2010, 02:43 PM
Bones is legit. Looking forward to the rest of his career, it'll be exciting.

84 inch reach is insane. A prime Jones vs Andy Silva would be a helluva match.

and he should still be undefeated, that DQ was retarded

Knippz
3/28/2010, 01:22 AM
Carwin has a legit shot at beating Brock. If he can neutralize Lesnar's wrestling, another clean KO is on the way.

While I can't deny GSP's skill, and the fact the he has the best takedowns of any fighter ever, I seriously HATE watching him fight. His finishing abilities blow. He ALWAYS gets the best positioning, but rarely finishes anymore. I called the fights tonight perfectly - Mir-Carwin ends in the 1st by KO, with Carwin winning, and GSP winning a 5 round decision with constant takedowns.

I have GSP at #3 on my P4P. Anderson and Fedor finish fights on the reg, and that's why they're better.

Knippz
3/30/2010, 10:52 PM
Florian vs Gomi, Wednesday night - I don't care who wins, I just want to see this fight. I can't believe it's free! Best free fight of the year thus far.

HillbillyRay
4/3/2010, 09:08 AM
Florian impressed, i thought Gomi was going to win going into the fight, I also thoght Struve wa going to kill Nelson, Big Country continues to suprise me

Knippz
4/8/2010, 11:21 AM
Picks for 112:

Silva
Penn
Hughes
Dos Anjos
Grove

Boomer.....
4/8/2010, 12:52 PM
Probably so. I can't wait for Saturday.

Knippz
4/8/2010, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to watch it in the afternoon. Super nice.

KC//CRIMSON
4/10/2010, 02:53 PM
Anderson Silva, the most pathetically boring champion ever.

Fedor is the best P4P in the world and its not even close. Period.

tbl
4/10/2010, 09:44 PM
Seriously Knippz... As creator of your avatar, I respectfully request you change it and delete that file forever. I still put GSP above Fedor on the P4P rankings, but I am officially off the Silva fan train. Dude has been my favorite fighter for years, but today was too much. Just absolutely unbelievable...

I've been calling my fandom into question ever since Sonnen has come out and been so vocal in his opposition. I've really become a fan of Sonnen overall and I now hope like crazy Dana puts him or Vitor in there with that joker sooner rather than later. While Silva is still awesome and capable of destruction, I think either of those guys have a great chance to beat him and would love to see it... Either that or see him doing what he's capable of.

Even if he comes back, I have a BAD taste in my mouth... Ridiculous...

Knippz
4/11/2010, 12:33 AM
So he disappointed you in winning. It doesn't matter that he came out of a fight with a good fighter (top ten MW) without a scratch on him. It's Maia's fault for not being skilled enough to do anything. I'll admit, this fight was certainly unpleasant to watch for the last couple of rounds. It doesn't change the fact that Anderson still looks unbeatable. Maia did nothing.

This fight was just like the GSP-Hardy fight for me. GSP wouldn't allow Hardy a chance to use his best weapon. He repeatedly put him on the ground and held him there, which annoyed me beyond belief. However, it's Hardy's fault for not being skilled enough to avoid the takedowns, or get up after being taken down. GSP coasted as well. He had two significant submission attempts that he couldn't finish, but did barely any damage to Hardy.

This fight, for me, just proved even further that Anderson is the best fighter in the world. He is so good that he won't allow his opponent the opportunity to implement their gameplan. Maia didn't get a single takedown, and Anderson owned him on the feet. Nothing in this fight told me that Anderson is vulerable to being beat.

I'm pissed about him not finishing or at least attempting to finish in the later rounds. I also don't think anyone can beat him.

Knippz
4/11/2010, 01:05 AM
In the end, for me, it's about winning. Anderson very clearly won.

In football, teams coast all the time when when they are in control of the game. Same with many other sports. Many people pay good money to see a full game. Many people leave OU games when we're up by 50 going into the fourth. The other team was clearly outmatched, and has no chance of winning. I know it's a very different sport and blah blah, but it's still very similar as well.

Who wants to watch us annihilate Chatanooga? Probably the same amount of people who want to see Anderson annihilate a guy who is not at his skill level. It's not pleasant, but it happens.

IDK, I'm not very satisfied at what I watched, but his antics don't dictate his skills.

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2010, 09:39 AM
Silva has turned into a joke, he should try out as a rodeo clown. When everyone in the auditorium turns against you and starts cheering for the other fighter and then starts cheering for another fighter who isn't even in the fight, you have problems. Glad he got a warning from the ref, and DW should cut his pay.

Take off your homer glasses and see Silva for what he is. If Fedor pulled that crap people would lose their minds and call him on it. Silva is not the best fighter in MMA. When you run circles around the cage and won't engage(he's done it several times now) let alone FINISH a can, you're not the best. Period.

Knippz
4/11/2010, 12:31 PM
You're rationale is ridiculous. You can't base skill off of things that don't determine skill. He purposely did what he did, and finally admitted that he was sending a message. In his post fight interview he also explained that he's displeased with Dana disrespecting him.

You have all the reason inthe world to hate him as a person and fighter. He still completely controlled the fight and dominated. He completely broke Maias will, which was his intention.

Roy Jones Jr. and Ali did this a lot in boxing too, and both are huge inspirations to Silva, so I understand why he did it. I don't condone completely but whatever.

He would still tool Fedor and GSP in my opinion.

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2010, 12:42 PM
He dominated? By running laps around the cage and getting a warning from the ref for not engaging?

You're blind if you thought he broke anyone's will. Maia was coming at him the whole fight. Last time I checked, MMA was a contact sport. Someone needs to tell Silva this isn't track & field or boxing, its Mixed Martial Arts. If you're the champion act like a champion, finish your opponents. Stop acting like a disrespectful a**clown.

The argument about who is the best P4P and Silva tooling anyone named GSP and especially Fedor is a joke, anyone who follows MMA closely knows that.

Knippz
4/11/2010, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he broke Maia's nose and had his eye swollen shut, and left without a scratch on him. That's pretty dominant.

KC//CRIMSON
4/11/2010, 11:47 PM
Q2wlP_Vj3W0

Knippz
4/12/2010, 07:36 AM
My suggestions for Silva's next fight:

1) 205 fight with Rua (if he loses), Rampage/Rashad loser, maybe Bones but I don't think Dana wants Jones in that kind of fight yet.

2) 170 fight with the winner of Fitch/Alves.

3) Vitor

4) Mir

Boomer.....
4/12/2010, 07:36 AM
Silva has turned into a joke, he should try out as a rodeo clown. When everyone in the auditorium turns against you and starts cheering for the other fighter and then starts cheering for another fighter who isn't even in the fight, you have problems. Glad he got a warning from the ref, and DW should cut his pay.

Take off your homer glasses and see Silva for what he is. If Fedor pulled that crap people would lose their minds and call him on it. Silva is not the best fighter in MMA. When you run circles around the cage and won't engage(he's done it several times now) let alone FINISH a can, you're not the best. Period.

This.

That was a joke! My liking of Silva had been slipping lately but after this weekend, I am no longer a fan. He made Rashad look like a classy dude. Running away for the last 3 rounds?

tbl
4/12/2010, 09:51 AM
Dude... your homer glasses are in full effect. Like I said, I'm such an AS homer I made your avatar and I'm sure if you go through this thread you'll see plenty of AS homerisms from me... but that was an embarrassment the other night. Compare that to Ali all you want in your head, but Ali FINISHED his opponents, and if he didn't he at least tried to. I still agree AS is the best P4P as far as his talent and ability are concerned, but something is off in his head.

Agree with KC... Maia was NOT broken (his nose was, but not his will). He was frustrated with trying to fight Usain Bolt and was actively trying to engage the whole time, especially the last two rounds (what are known as championship rounds).

Also, to compare what GSP did and AS did is laughable. GSP engaged the entire time and he most definitely did not lay and pray. He was constantly moving for better position, going for submissions, and trying to cause damage. Hardy had a good guard so he wasn't able to tee off on his G&P, but he was working his butt off the entire fight and was trying to finish. 9 out of 10 guys would have tapped on either of those subs...

tbl
4/12/2010, 09:53 AM
I'm frustrated with him wasting his ability on shenanigans. I fully believe AS is capable of beating just about anyone out there, but the disrespect he showed in that fight went way out of bounds. It'd have been another thing had he finished Maia, but to showboat like he was in the first two rounds then just quit? Its insane!

tbl
4/12/2010, 10:01 AM
Q2wlP_Vj3W0

Did you see the interview prior to the fight where they're arguing the #1 P4P ranking and Ariel is defending Fedor being his #1 and Dana is going off? It's pretty interesting in light of this... You know Ariel was biting his tongue BIG TIME.

Knippz
4/12/2010, 11:04 AM
Dude... your homer glasses are in full effect. Like I said, I'm such an AS homer I made your avatar and I'm sure if you go through this thread you'll see plenty of AS homerisms from me... but that was an embarrassment the other night. Compare that to Ali all you want in your head, but Ali FINISHED his opponents, and if he didn't he at least tried to. I still agree AS is the best P4P as far as his talent and ability are concerned, but something is off in his head.

Agree with KC... Maia was NOT broken (his nose was, but not his will). He was frustrated with trying to fight Usain Bolt and was actively trying to engage the whole time, especially the last two rounds (what are known as championship rounds).

Also, to compare what GSP did and AS did is laughable. GSP engaged the entire time and he most definitely did not lay and pray. He was constantly moving for better position, going for submissions, and trying to cause damage. Hardy had a good guard so he wasn't able to tee off on his G&P, but he was working his butt off the entire fight and was trying to finish. 9 out of 10 guys would have tapped on either of those subs...

See bold.

Again, I am not defending his actions. I agree, it was ridiculous. But it doesn't change his skill. And Fedor is not the best in the world. He constantly gets in trouble in his fights against lesser competition, yet somehow pulls it off everytime. I give him much respect for being able to find a way to win every time, as it is quite incredible. But he gets beat up too much in his fights by guys that aren't even top 5 HWs. That's not the best fighter, I'm sorry.

KC//CRIMSON
4/12/2010, 11:33 AM
See bold.

Again, I am not defending his actions. I agree, it was ridiculous. But it doesn't change his skill. And Fedor is not the best in the world. He constantly gets in trouble in his fights against lesser competition, yet somehow pulls it off everytime. I give him much respect for being able to find a way to win every time, as it is quite incredible. But he gets beat up too much in his fights by guys that aren't even top 5 HWs. That's not the best fighter, I'm sorry.

Constantly get's beat up? Now you're reaching. Yeah, he's taken some shots in a few fights, but you know what? That's what happens when you ENGAGE in a fight and FINISH a fight instead of running around like a dickhead.

Maybe Fedor should have four losses on his record and have two subs against him by lesser opponents to be, you know, he best P4P ever.

Hey, when Anderson Silva is 34-1 and has 24 wins in the first round, 4 wins in the second round, and 5 wins in the third round, be sure to let us all know.

Knippz
4/12/2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not getting into this again.

I want Andy-Shogun. I think Shogun loses next month anyway (thought he won the 1st fight though). If so, make it happen Dana.

He won't be able to do that against Rua, and a 3 round fight puts a lot of pressure on Silva to perform.

Boomer.....
4/12/2010, 07:35 PM
Liddell to fight Rich Franklin in UFC 115 instead of Tito. No explanation but it will come up on TUF. At least now I have someone to root for. Go Ace!

Knippz
4/12/2010, 07:37 PM
My guess is Tito got hurt. Or his vagina came out of the closet.

Knippz
4/12/2010, 09:39 PM
Florian hospitalized with staff.

Knippz
4/13/2010, 11:51 AM
Mir offers fight with Anderson at 235

Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir has put out the offer to face Anderson Silva next.

After Saturday’s UFC 112 main event between Silva and Demian Maia, “The Spider” has gotten a lot of attention for his actions inside the octagon. In a text message to Fighters Only Magazine, Mir say’s he’d like to face Silva next in a catchweight bout.

“I would love to fight Anderson Silva!” Mir told Fighters Only in a text message last night. “I would even make it a 235 catch weight to make it more appealing to his manager and the commission.”

Silva, who earned a unanimous decision over Maia, has fought twice at light-heavyweight in the past earning first round TKO victories in both bouts. Silva normally walks around near light-heavyweight, so a bout at 235 might not be as difficult of a stretch as it sounds.

Mir is coming off-of a first round knock-out loss to Shane Carwin at UFC 111. The former champ had bulked up since his summer loss to Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, feeling that the difference in size made the difference between the two. Mir defeated Cheick Kongo in his last fight, submitting the French heavyweight in the first round of UFC 107.

The MMA News

Big Red Ron
4/13/2010, 05:07 PM
Mir, is a punk but he would kill Silva IMHO.

Did Franky Edgar beat Penn?

Boomer.....
4/13/2010, 08:37 PM
Yes. Unanimous decision. Pretty shocking.

Knippz
4/14/2010, 01:49 PM
Georges St-Pierre says not all fans will appreciate the technical aspects of MMA
by John Morgan on Apr 14, 2010 at 8:45 am ET
While the UFC has made astounding strides in its quest for global domination of the MMA market, two of the promotion's most well-known stars have come under fire as of late.

Middleweight champion Anderson Silva was lambasted for his UFC 112 win over Demian Maia, and dominant welterweight title holder Georges St-Pierre also received some harsh criticism for his decision win over Dan Hardy at UFC 111.

At a recent fan Q&A session, St-Pierre said he made every effort to finish his fight, but he also thinks it's difficult to always please what he considers two types of MMA fans.

"I think there are two kinds of fans," St-Pierre said. "There are the fans that like only to see a brawl, and there is the type of fans that know the game and know what's going on. I think for the fans that know what's going on, I'm talking about the technical aspect, I think they will appreciate those kind of fights."

While St-Pierre has proven himself one of the most dynamic fighters in MMA, his critics have pointed toward his tendency to rely on wrestling and even described his technique as a "lay and pray" style. The French-Canadian believes that is an unfair description and credited his opponent for fighting through a few difficult positions.

"The thing is, sometimes the fight doesn't go always like we want to," St-Pierre said. "In my last fight, for example, two times I tried to finish Dan Hardy, and I came very close. The first round, I had a juji-gatame. I almost popped the arm. In the third round, I had a kimura. If I would have got the finish, nobody would have said nothing about it. It would have been , 'Oh, what a great win. Georges is great.'*

"I give the credit to Dan Hardy. He did the perfect textbook escape, and I did some technical mistakes that didn't allow me to finish the fight. Of course I'm a little bit disappointed. I like to finish guys, but sometimes fights don't always go the way we want them to. Next time I will do better."

St-Pierre's argument is especially poignant when considering the backlash over Silva's inability to finish Maia after two rounds of striking domination mixed with a healthy dose of taunting.

But St-Pierre's strategy to put Hardy on his back for 25 minutes is understandable considering the Brit's reputation as a powerful striker. Likewise, Silva elected to keep Maia at bay while working to stay away from his dangerous grappling attack.

St-Pierre said it's natural to want to attack opponents where they have proven weakest in the past.

"Nobody is invincible," St-Pierre said. "There is always a chance that you can get caught or you can get submitted or something can happen.*

"When I fought Dan Hardy, I knew Dan Hardy's main asset was striking. I could have stayed standing up with him, but if I would have done so, it would not have been smart because what I want to do when I fight my opponent, I want to avoid the fight where my opponent is strong and fight him where he is the weakest. This principle that I just said has been used for centuries in war and in business and everything. All the successful people in the world use those principles."

So while fans may continue to voice their disapproval at fighters who seem more intent to keep themselves out of trouble than seeking a finish, St-Pierre said it's important to remember that mixed martial arts is a thinking man's game, as well.

"It's very important that when you step into the octagon, the fight is not only with the muscle; it's with the brain," St-Pierre said. "You need to come there with the right strategy and a good gameplan."

For complete coverage of UFC 111 and UFC 112, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

(Pictured: Georges St-Pierre)

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

Collier11
4/14/2010, 02:27 PM
Im pretty sure that Dana White understands both sides

ouleaf
4/14/2010, 05:00 PM
Anyone else watching the new season of Ultimate Fighter on Spike? Looks like it is Middle to Light-Heavyweight crop of guys, with Liddell and Ortiz as coaches Gotta say there are some pretty impressive contenders this season. Looks like a lot of them showed up in pretty good shape as opposed to last seasons heavyweights that were all gassed after the first round.

Collier11
4/14/2010, 05:04 PM
been good stuff so far

Knippz
4/14/2010, 08:43 PM
Last season was ruined by awful fights. This season has definitely started much better. Of course, I would expect middleweights to be in better shape than heavyweights.

Boomer.....
4/15/2010, 08:29 AM
There were some great opening fights.

Boomer.....
4/15/2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone giving Faber a chance against Aldo this weekend? I'm a Faber fan and will be rooting for him but it's going to be an uphill battle. Both fighters are very quick and explosive.

Knippz
4/16/2010, 01:38 PM
I'm thinking it's gonna be Silva-Franklin shocking destruction style by Aldo.

Knippz
4/16/2010, 01:41 PM
Hendo
Aoki
Mousasi...win at Strikeforce

HillbillyRay
4/17/2010, 08:27 AM
Hell yeah new season of TUF looks promising, plus im pulling for Josh Bryant the local guy

tbl
4/17/2010, 10:58 PM
Strikeforce not allowing elbows saved Hendo from early destruction... What a bush league rule.

and how about the Mayhem brawl? Good grief... I bet Dana was cracking up.

tbl
4/17/2010, 10:59 PM
Hendo
Aoki
Mousasi...win at Strikeforce

Spot on... :D

Boomer.....
4/18/2010, 05:50 PM
The Aoki fight was rediculous. He kept butt scooting across the mat. Give me a break!

I thought Hendo was going to maul Shields in the first round but he completely turned it around. His defense was poor and kept giving up the mount.

Knippz
4/18/2010, 10:19 PM
Lol...I got owned. A night of upsets. Really thought Mousasi and Hendo would win (was shaky on Aoki).

Boomer.....
4/26/2010, 09:49 AM
Aldo dominated Faber. His leg kicks really controlled the fight. Faber was tough to gut out that fight after the swollen leg and being pulverized in the 4th round in the crucifix position for a couple minutes.

Boomer.....
4/27/2010, 04:02 PM
Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung at WEC 48. This is one of the craziest fights ever! They are billing it the Griffin - Bonner fight of the WEC. It was one of the free preliminary fights on Spike this past weekend and was an all-out slugfest. Enjoy!

http://mma-fighter-videos.com/2010/04/leonard-garcia-vs-chan-sung-jung-wec-48-fight-video/

Knippz
5/8/2010, 10:55 AM
Machida, Kos, Kimbo, and Cote. Iffy on Cote though, Belcher could definitely win.

tbl
5/8/2010, 11:43 PM
Ughh... it really sucks we have to wait that long for GSP to murder Koscheck. I cannot STAND that dude and he deserves every boo he gets. I actually didn't have a problem with Daly cheap shotting him. It would've been nice if he had landed it cleaned and knocked him cold. Punk...

tbl
5/8/2010, 11:45 PM
Yves didn't even have to stop Shogun. He knocked him cold and just got up. It'll be interesting to see Rampage/Evans and how they fare against him. Of course we all know what Page got from him the first time around...

Knippz
5/9/2010, 04:12 PM
Wow. What a crazy night! I think Kos has the best shot at GSP by far! I think he has a VERY good chance of winning. The last fight he totally underestimated Georges' wrestling, and still only lost 29-28.

Daley and Kimbo gone, lol.

TUF 12: Blanket vs Blanket. Who can keep you warmer?

tbl
5/9/2010, 08:46 PM
No comparison between the two. GSP doesn't lay and pray but actually tries to submit and beat guys. Kos is a freaking chump. I don't know how I'm going to be able to tolerate an entire season of that sack. I'm not saying he's not talented, but as a person he is easily the most unlikable person in MMA, and that is including Brock.

Collier11
5/9/2010, 09:16 PM
I feel bad for Kimbo being dropped, I knew it was a long shot but I wanted the guy to do well

Knippz
5/18/2010, 11:58 AM
Overeem really made Rogers look foolish. He may actually have a shot at beating Fedor now, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Arlovski is/has been done. He just would not fair well at all against any top 5 HW, maybe not even any top 10 HW.

Jacare vs Maia would be fun, though I think Jacare would be overly dominant in the standup.

ouleaf
5/21/2010, 09:58 AM
Any thoughts on the Rampage vs Evans fight? Watched that little promo show on Spike that was on before TUF? I'm thinking if the fight goes the distance, Evans should win. Rampage, despite his saying he is in great shape, is no where near the shape he was a few years back when he was still competing, and if he doesn't connect with a big strike and end this thing early, I'd say his chances drop dramatically.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2010, 10:04 AM
Any thoughts on the Rampage vs Evans fight? Watched that little promo show on Spike that was on before TUF? I'm thinking if the fight goes the distance, Evans should win. Rampage, despite his saying he is in great shape, is no where near the shape he was a few years back when he was still competing, and if he doesn't connect with a big strike and end this thing early, I'd say his chances drop dramatically.

I'll be surprised if Rampage can't handle him.

Boomer.....
5/21/2010, 10:17 AM
I watched the same special. Both fighters seem to be in great shape. I hope that Rampage rips Rashad a new one.

Collier11
5/21/2010, 04:22 PM
Rampage will destroy him IMO...only takes one punch though for me to be wrong

KC//CRIMSON
5/29/2010, 12:27 PM
Time for Rashad to go nighty night.

KC//CRIMSON
5/29/2010, 02:14 PM
Heh, Rashad gets boo'd out loud at the weigh-in and Rampage comes out in Superman Underoos. :D

KC//CRIMSON
5/29/2010, 11:57 PM
Damn, Rampage had him in the third and let him go, oh well.....they might do that one again down the line.

Collier11
5/30/2010, 01:35 AM
Rampage had him and didnt finish him

tbl
5/31/2010, 06:52 PM
I don't know... Page looked pretty bad overall. He's not there enough mentally. How many "haunting" fights does he need before he gets his mind right?"

Boomer.....
6/1/2010, 08:28 AM
Rashad fought a "safe" fight and did just enough to win. Rampage didn't look good at all but still almost could have won it in the 3rd. Boring fight.

Big Red Ron
6/1/2010, 11:57 AM
WHo won the fight?

ouleaf
6/1/2010, 12:22 PM
Rashad won it in a unanimous decision.

He used his quickness and wrestling abilities and scored a multiple take downs. Rampage hung in there and if he had connected solidly on a few of those punches where Rashad was on the ground he might have KO'd him, which was the only way he could have won it at that point.

Rampage had to cut a lot of weight to get down to the 205 he weighed in at. Wonder how much that may have affected him. Also the fact that it had been well over a year, since his last fight, the loss to Forrest Griffin. Methinks that was a bit too much rust to shake off.

It'll be interesting to see if Rampage fights again....ever. I think if he does it will be for the paycheck, which is basically what this fight was for anyways.

Evans will have a tough matchup against Shogun.

Collier11
6/1/2010, 01:13 PM
He had to cut 46lbs FYI

ouleaf
6/1/2010, 01:17 PM
He had to cut 46lbs FYI

yeah, that sounds about right. knew he was up around the 250 mark.

Collier11
6/1/2010, 01:25 PM
Yea, thats what they were saying on the PPV telecast...That had to be rough

ouleaf
6/1/2010, 04:55 PM
Definitely surprised that he actually came in at weigh in 1 LB lighter than Rashad.

tbl
6/7/2010, 09:13 AM
He didn't "cut" 50 pounds. He came into camp at 250, so he had to lose 35 pounds over the course of his training camp. He ended up cutting 8 pounds or so before the fight, which is nothing.

Big Red Ron
6/14/2010, 12:05 PM
Franklin is one tough mofo. After getting his arm broken by a Liddell kick early in round one, Rich still knocked chuck out later in the same round.

Collier11
6/14/2010, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately, Chuck hasnt had a jaw for a few years

Boomer.....
6/14/2010, 12:50 PM
He better actually retire this time.

KC//CRIMSON
6/14/2010, 08:54 PM
He better actually retire this time.

Yeah, he better retire for good before he really gets hurt.

Crocop did well, but still need to see him fight someone worth while to see where he really is in his comeback.

ouleaf
6/15/2010, 09:13 AM
While Chuck is definitely still capable of dealing out some serious punishment, his agility, defense, and jaw are in decline. I think he signed up for this with the chance to fight Tito, someone he honestly does not like, as seen on TUF and probably would have stood a better chance of winning against. Chuck's still one tough SOB and will forever be a fan favorite.

But yeah, he should probably hang'em up permanently.

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/21/2010, 11:11 AM
all i have to say is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXIOK2vOhM

Big Red Ron
6/21/2010, 11:22 AM
I was very happy to see Matt Hamill beat Jardine. He's one tough SOB and I've been a huge fan ever since he beat down Bisping in England (even though Bisping won on a very controversial decision). He was robbed but is a classy dude.

Anyone else notice that Joe Rogan wasn't a part of the last UFC card? I wonder if he got canned or something?

Big Red Ron
6/21/2010, 11:24 AM
Oh, and watching Jamie Yager get his fro knocked off made me smile.

Collier11
6/21/2010, 11:31 AM
Nah, I just think Rogan misses some of the smaller events when he has stand up gigs, ive heard that in the past

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/21/2010, 11:36 AM
what does everyone think about the play-by-play/color in the ufc? personally, i wouldn't mind if they started over with another pair.

Boomer.....
6/21/2010, 11:36 AM
Nah, I just think Rogan misses some of the smaller events when he has stand up gigs, ive heard that in the past

Yup. Ken-flo has done several fights.

KC//CRIMSON
6/21/2010, 12:04 PM
Five more days until Fedor ties Werdum into a pretzel and only twelve more days until Lesnar gets his head separated from his shoulders by Carwin.

ouleaf
6/23/2010, 10:12 AM
Definitely looking forward to the Lesnar/Carwin bout a few weeks away. I'm kind of hoping he wins to see if he can top last years post match interview after the Mir fight. That was hilarious.

Plus, you can't go against the pick of good old J.R.

http://fighthype.com/pages/content7792.html

KC//CRIMSON
6/23/2010, 12:52 PM
I just wanna see Lesnar drool out of the side of his mouth and talk about the pretty rainbows and unicorns.

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2010, 10:57 PM
Gotta give it up to Werdum. Fedor smelled blood and got careless. What a schitty day in sports. Ugh!

Knippz
6/27/2010, 09:04 AM
WOW! Did not expect the fight to go that way AT ALL. Wow...

Knippz
6/27/2010, 09:12 AM
I think Fedor should have fought his fight. He kind of proved it's not smart to rush into an elite BJJ black belt's guard. I think if he had kept it on the feet he would have won the fight. Now he has a loss.

As much as I've always wanted him to lose, I'm a little sad now. He's gonna go down as one of the top 3 fighters of all time no doubt. His win streak was an amazing thing in the sport of MMA.

KC//CRIMSON
6/27/2010, 02:30 PM
I'm surprised he lost, but not too surprised in the way he lost. If Werdum had any chance, that's the way he was going to do it. I've always been a fan of Werdum, he's all class.

Trying to rank the fighters in the HW divsion now is just about impossible because its so subjective. Fedor is easily still top one or two in the world.

I just can't put a guy that's 4-1 all time ahead of someone that's 34-2 all time. JMO.

Knippz
6/27/2010, 02:45 PM
I think it's very hard to rank Fedor because the top 5 HW other than him are in the UFC, and he's not going to fight them.

KC//CRIMSON
6/27/2010, 03:19 PM
I think it's very hard to rank Fedor because the top 5 HW other than him are in the UFC, and he's not going to fight them.

He might be now......

Knippz
6/27/2010, 11:27 PM
I wish, but I still see M-1 being stubborn, and Dana less willing to go out of his way to sign him.

Here's to hoping it happens though.

KC//CRIMSON
6/30/2010, 12:16 PM
Speaking of heavyweights, I'd like to see Mir vs Junior Dos Santos.

Knippz
7/2/2010, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think JDS is getting aa similar fight out of Nelson. I'd rather see Nelson fight Mir.

On that note, Cain gets the winner of Brock-Carwin.

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2010, 12:23 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I think JDS is getting aa similar fight out of Nelson. I'd rather see Nelson fight Mir.

On that note, Cain gets the winner of Brock-Carwin.

Cain loses to either one IMO.

Knippz
7/3/2010, 01:16 AM
Cain is really good, but he's small. Brock is a bad matchup with him I think. We'll see how good Carwin is this weekend.

Collier11
7/3/2010, 02:15 AM
I was listening to an interview with Dana earlier tonight and he was hyping up some guys who will get the winner, surprisingly to me he mentioned Big Country. I know the guy is moving up quick but I didnt know Dana liked him that much

KC//CRIMSON
7/3/2010, 11:59 PM
there is no god.

How Lesnar survived that first round and the ref didn't call it, I'll never know.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/4/2010, 04:57 AM
there is no god.

How Lesnar survived that first round and the ref didn't call it, I'll never know.

^^^^^this.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Brock_Lesnar_vs_Shane_Carwin_UFC_116?vid=10011652&tid=100

KC//CRIMSON
7/4/2010, 08:58 AM
I can't stand that big dumb oaf, but he did win fair and square. Carwin has got to work on that cardio then come back and finish the job. He was so close. Reminded me of Rampage not finishing Evans. It'll probably be Cain, Dos Santos, then Carwin again for the title shot. Just a guess.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/4/2010, 10:57 AM
personally, i've seen the refs stop fights for less than what carwin was dishing out to brock. i can't believe the ref didn't stop the fight then and there. jmho.

Knippz
7/4/2010, 11:01 AM
I've got to disagree with your complaint about the ref not stopping it. Although it was close to being stopped several times, Lesnar worked when the ref told him he needed to, and blocked most of those shots with his tree trunk arms. The fight should be stopped when the fighter can't continue, and Lesnar was obviously able to continue as he came back and submitted Carwin.

I had very similar feelings with the Fedor-Rogers fight, but both refs made good decisions.

Knippz
7/4/2010, 11:04 AM
Also, for championship fights, refs tend to let it go a little bit longer. It's happened in A LOT of championship fights, including Lesnar's two fights prior to this one.

stonecoldsoonerfan
7/4/2010, 11:26 AM
we'll have to agree to disagree. if that were the case, then they wouldn't have stopped either of the frank mir fights with either guy. all mir did was cover up and get beat with either guy. both got stopped. again, just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Collier11
7/4/2010, 01:07 PM
we'll have to agree to disagree. if that were the case, then they wouldn't have stopped either of the frank mir fights with either guy. all mir did was cover up and get beat with either guy. both got stopped. again, just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Against Lesnar, Mir was getting pummeled and couldnt defend himself at all. You answered exactly why it got stopped

Big Red Ron
7/4/2010, 04:06 PM
there is no god.

Lesner was blocking and working, that's why it wasn't stopped. If carwin ever learns cardio, he might have a shot someday.

I don't see anyone beating Brock for the forseeable future.

KC//CRIMSON
7/4/2010, 06:42 PM
Lesner was blocking and working, that's why it wasn't stopped. If carwin ever learns cardio, he might have a shot someday.

I don't see anyone beating Brock for the forseeable future.

If he doesn't work on that stand up game, it may not take long to get beat.

Knippz
7/4/2010, 07:46 PM
Think about if the ref had stopped it. Lesnar was perfectly fine, and actually in better shape than Carwin at the end of the round. It would have been HIGHLY disputed had it been stopped early. Lesnar never went limp or went out. Mir went limp and out in both of his last fights.

Lesnar's standup is sooooo bad haha. The way I see it, Lesnar is the GSP of the HW division. He doesn't want to standup, and wants to use his insane wrestling skills to GNP people out, except he has the power to finish everytime.

KC//CRIMSON
7/4/2010, 08:06 PM
Think about if the ref had stopped it. Lesnar was perfectly fine, and actually in better shape than Carwin at the end of the round. It would have been HIGHLY disputed had it been stopped early. Lesnar never went limp or went out. Mir went limp and out in both of his last fights.

Lesnar's standup is sooooo bad haha. The way I see it, Lesnar is the GSP of the HW division. He doesn't want to standup, and wants to use his insane wrestling skills to GNP people out, except he has the power to finish everytime.

I agree, but his stand up game has never been good. As we saw last night, when he goes up against equal size and strength against a quality striker, he's going to have trouble. It only takes one shot in this sport.

KC//CRIMSON
7/4/2010, 08:40 PM
The game plan last night was to be patient and let the fight come to you. When I had him in trouble the ref keep saying he was going to stop it and then my body began to seize up. In between rounds I could not move my legs and had what felt like a I had a whole body cramp. My cardio was fine but my body was not. What can you do you have to stand up and face your opponent.

Heading into the second I knew I need to finish the fight or I was going to be in trouble. Much like the Champion he is I am sure Brock was thinking the same thing. I had zero take down defense as my legs were dead to me and the rest is as they say history.-Carwin

Who knows if his cardio was really a factor? Regardless, I'm not so sure guys this big can really improve their cardio anyway, there's just too much muscle mass to feed blood and oxygen to in order to sustain for very long. That's why you'll never see two guys this big go five rounds, ever.

Knippz
7/5/2010, 11:27 AM
I honestly don't ever think I'll see Brock go 5 rounds. 3 is pushing it IMO.

Big Red Ron
7/5/2010, 12:25 PM
Overall, I'm very impressed with both Carwin and Lesner. I didn't think much of lesner before this fight but now I'm very impressed and think he could be the champ of the heavy weight division for a very long time. Carwin was the best out there and he lost.

Count me as a Lesner believer now.

badger
7/5/2010, 01:39 PM
I always loved watching Brock in WWE and have only seen little highlight reels of his UFC fights. What made Brock different was the fact that he was a big guy that could move like a smaller, svelter guy... like the Adrian Peterson of wrestling, I guess you could say.

What really got him off to a hot start in WWE though was having him team with a really, really hated manager that knew how to get the crowd to boo. I think Brock probably still takes lessons and advice from him, because it seems like every crowd loves to boo Brock in UFC. Seeing his UFC 100 promo about drinking Coors Light instead of Bud Light and then having a Bud bottle placed strategically in front of him in the press conference afterward... that was really funny. I heard Dana White was none too pleased with the Coors Light promo, but it probably guarantees him millions more in PPV buys as people desperately want to see Brock get his butt kicked more every time he opens his mouth :D

Collier11
7/5/2010, 01:46 PM
Please dont compare fake wrestling to the UFC :D

Knippz
7/5/2010, 05:32 PM
Cannot wait for August 7th!!!!!

ouleaf
7/5/2010, 06:41 PM
watched the fight live and if I'm ref for the fight, I don't think I call it. Granted, I'm in no way qualified to ref a UFC match. While Shane tagged Brock good with that upper-cut, and I definitely think it stunned him, Brock was covering up and would make an attempt to work after every few seconds of pummeling by sticking an arm out.

If it kept going, or of Brock were on his stomach and Shane was pummeling the back of Brock's head, then I probably would have called it. Shane just simply punched himself out and all Brock needed was to score a good takedown and go to work on him.

while I was surprised it ended in submission, I thought if anything was going to do him in, it would have been the 1 year off between fights. Thought that would have been too much rust to knock off for his first fight back. Glad to see him back.

Boomer.....
7/6/2010, 08:00 AM
I agree, but his stand up game has never been good. As we saw last night, when he goes up against equal size and strength against a quality striker, he's going to have trouble. It only takes one shot in this sport.

This is true but if Lesnar were to land one of those right hooks cleanly, anyone is going to be in trouble.

Lesnar was defending the majority of the time and Carwin was letting up because he was gassed. That's why they didn't stop the fight.

badger
7/6/2010, 09:03 AM
Please dont compare fake wrestling to the UFC :D

You'll never hear Brock say that WWE is fake... if it was fake than they'd never get injured... and they'd never let a fake athlete into UFC, amirite?

Collier11
7/6/2010, 01:25 PM
The WWE is fake, the matches are fake, the physicality is real

Boomer.....
7/6/2010, 01:26 PM
Maybe not fake but staged.

badger
7/6/2010, 01:51 PM
I like the term "staged" better than "fake." Brock himself had a really, really bad injury when he notoriously attempted a very difficult maneuver called the Shooting Star Press. It is banned from the WWE for everyone except those that can execute it flawlessly.

Basically, Brock was told that big guys do not do the Shooting Star Press (a reverse flip off the top corner rope to land face-down on your opponent's chest). It was the worst thing someone could say to him - that he wouldn't be able to do something. So, of course, during a PPV, he attempts it, and botches it horribly. He reportedly overestimated how far forward he would need to jump, so he didn't get enough rotation and landed on his head, resulting in a severe concussion.

Knippz
7/6/2010, 10:49 PM
Does anyone remember who the last guy to talk this much trash before fighting Anderson was, and what happened to him when they fought? I really think Chael has a death wish. I must admit, he has me excited to watch the fight.

KC//CRIMSON
7/6/2010, 11:26 PM
Does anyone remember who the last guy to talk this much trash before fighting Anderson was, and what happened to him when they fought? I really think Chael has a death wish. I must admit, he has me excited to watch the fight.

Chael will probably regret saying anything, I just don't wanna see Silva break out his Saturday Night Fever dancing shoes again.

tbl
7/7/2010, 12:39 PM
I'm looking forward to it, and I may be one of the only dudes out there that believes Chael has a chance. Not a great one, but he has a chance. Hendo was beating him before he got sloppy, and I think everyone agrees a high level wrestler is the only kind of fighter that could pose a challenge to AS. We'll see...

Oh, and KC... Ha! ;)

Interestingly enough, I actually REALLY like Fedor... it's his blind allegiance fans that make me cringe. I'm not saying he isn't great, because he is, but he's not currently the p4p best out there and hasn't been for a while.

Re: GSP and Brock being the same? GSP has insane standup... he just knows his chin is suspect so he goes to the area he knows he can win.

The fight I'm looking forward to most in the future? Leben/Wandy... That's gonna be a barnburner!

Collier11
7/7/2010, 01:01 PM
Dana just said the other day that Leben vs Wandy isnt happening

KC//CRIMSON
7/7/2010, 01:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it, and I may be one of the only dudes out there that believes Chael has a chance. Not a great one, but he has a chance. Hendo was beating him before he got sloppy, and I think everyone agrees a high level wrestler is the only kind of fighter that could pose a challenge to AS. We'll see...

Oh, and KC... Ha! ;)

Interestingly enough, I actually REALLY like Fedor... it's his blind allegiance fans that make me cringe. I'm not saying he isn't great, because he is, but he's not currently the p4p best out there and hasn't been for a while.

Re: GSP and Brock being the same? GSP has insane standup... he just knows his chin is suspect so he goes to the area he knows he can win.

The fight I'm looking forward to most in the future? Leben/Wandy... That's

gonna be a barnburner!

People tend to put you in the p4p argument when you haven't lost in ten years. P4P arguments are subjective anyway.

Boomer.....
7/7/2010, 02:22 PM
nm

Knippz
7/9/2010, 02:37 AM
As the top challenger for the UFC Middleweight Championship currently held by Anderson “The Spider” Silva, Chael Sonnen has been doing more than his fair share of pre-fight hype with trash talk against Silva the likes of which no one has seen before. Many are on Sonnen’s side after Silva’s recent mediocre performances in the Octagon, but others are not impressed by what Sonnen has to say and think that he is just inciting Silva to return to his days as a devastating knockout artist.

Among those who think that Sonnen is making a big mistake is Silva’s training partner, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, who spoke to Sherdog.com about what Silva plans to do to Sonnen at UFC 117;

“I think he’s just talking nonsense. He is not even a real challenger to Anderson. I think other fighters have done much more in the division, such as Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, whom he won against, Demian Maia, who played with (Sonnen) like a child, and Vitor Belfort. He is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. He will take a beating from Anderson, who will beat him like a child, will beat his *** and will shut his mouth. He has no qualifications to compete for the belt — that’s the truth. He doesn’t have good boxing or ground, only good wrestling. Anderson is on another level. He hopes that Anderson will lose his control and blow up. It’s the only chance he has since Anderson is technically much better than him.”

Sonnen may not have a chance against Silva according to Nogueira, but he is no slouch either. Sonnen has won three straight bouts over Dan Miller, Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt and is considered by many to be the last WEC Middleweight Champion after he handily defeated an overweight Paulo Filho in what was ultimately a non-title bout.

Of course, Nogueira’s opinion may be slightly skewed considering that in one of Sonnen’s rants, he referred to the jiu-jitsu black belt that Silva earned under the Nogueira brothers as something that is akin to “a toy that you’d get in a happy meal”.

While he may be using his verbal game to help hype the fight, but Sonnen could present the first serious challenge to Silva’s throne in some time, meaning that if “The Spider” isn’t careful, we could see a changing of the guard in the UFC’s 185-pound class on August 7th.

KC//CRIMSON
7/10/2010, 01:50 PM
I love how bored Mousasi looks the whole time. O'Brien came in 20-some pounds overweight.

ybr5wh7Dfhk

Knippz
7/12/2010, 02:56 AM
I'm kind of impressed, but O'brien was overweight, and looked like trash. I would like to see Mousasi fight some better competition. Still can't believe he lost to Mo, but would love to see him fight Machida, Rampage, Shogun, Anderson, etc. I'd love to see him fight Anderson, TBH. Even Hendo sounds nice.

Collier11
7/12/2010, 03:06 AM
Keep an eye on Mohammed Lawal, I actually lived in the dorms with him at UCO, he was just down the hall. Really nice guy, great wrestler in college and quickly moving up the ranks in MMA

KC//CRIMSON
7/12/2010, 06:53 PM
Dana White Confirms: Big Dumb Oaf vs Cain Velasquez at UFC 121 Saturday October 23, 2010

Cain better keep it off the ground if he's to have any chance.

KC//CRIMSON
7/12/2010, 07:05 PM
I wish, but I still see M-1 being stubborn, and Dana less willing to go out of his way to sign him.

Here's to hoping it happens though.

Hmmmmm.......

Fedor Emelianenko is the hottest name on the MMA free agent market. The only problem is, the heavyweight still has one fight remaining on his current Strikeforce deal. Nonetheless, it hasn’t stopped M-1 Global figurehead Vadim Finkelchtein from laying all his Octagon cards on the table.

“I think yes. But not on the same terms they offered us before,” Finkelchtein told ProSport (via Fighters Only) of joining forces with the UFC. “We will not let ourselves to get owned. Fedor became very popular [already"> outside the Octagon. So, long story short:

1. We would like to receive guaranteed payments. I know that if we agree for percents, they will cheat us.

2. Maybe not a co-promotion (like we offered before), but at least co-branding.

3. They also will have to permit Fedor participating in Sambo competitions, and during our last negotiations UFC were ready for that term.”

Are you reading this, Mr. Dana White???

For years, the primary sticking point between the two parties was M-1 Global’s undying insistence on sharing half the profits for all Fedor produced shows.

As far as who they would prefer Fedor to face in his next outing, Finkelchtein professed it was a no-brainer.

“We are ready to fight against anyone, but everyone agrees that the most interesting fight right now is the rematch against Fabricio Werdum. We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce wants to extend it, they should listen to our opinion,” Finkelstein said.

“Fedor will fight again sometime between October and November … the only thing fans want to see is Fedor vs. Werdum II. Fabricio himself said that he would like to rematch Fedor.”

The reason is clear why M-1 Global is pushing for an immediate rematch. Werdum not only snapped his 27-fight winning streak last month, but quickly dispelled Fedor’s unparalleled aura of invincibility as well. The best way to recapture that mojo is by violently rectifying the “fluke” defeat – ala what Georges St-Pierre did to Matt Serra in their UFC 83 mulligan.

Still no official word on when and where Fedor will finalize his final commitment to the San Jose, California based promotion.

Knippz
7/13/2010, 11:15 AM
Would love this...if I didn't think Dana is totally opposed to even co-branding.

But, I think this sounds somewhat more promising, and would still love to see him fight in the UFC.

tbl
7/20/2010, 08:54 PM
The arrogance... He seems to be a good guy when he's interviewed, but its definitely good cop/bad cop with him and his camp... which ultimately leads to him being a scumbag that talks a good game and lets his cronies look like the bad guys.

I hope like nobodies business Fedor gets in the UFC, and he will get his butt handed to him, with more than 1 loss. Mark it.

KC//CRIMSON
7/20/2010, 09:47 PM
The arrogance... He seems to be a good guy when he's interviewed, but its definitely good cop/bad cop with him and his camp... which ultimately leads to him being a scumbag that talks a good game and lets his cronies look like the bad guys.

I hope like nobodies business Fedor gets in the UFC, and he will get his butt handed to him, with more than 1 loss. Mark it.

hilarious. *wanking motion*

tbl
7/22/2010, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately it's a frivolous argument as it will never happen... even if it does, it will be years from now and the argument from the Fedor lovers would be "but if they'd have signed Fedor in his prime"...

Brock would beat Fedor. There's no doubt about that in my mind. I think Cain would have a better than good chance too... Carwin, doubtful, unless he works on his tank and bjj.

KC//CRIMSON
7/22/2010, 06:03 PM
still funny. *wanking motion*

Knippz
8/2/2010, 03:25 PM
Fedor is old news now. It's all about Silva, St. Pierre, Aldo and Shogun now.

No, but really, I'd rather see Fedor fight Alistair than anyone right now.

Silva-Sonnen coming up, and I'm excited!

Oh, and Bones vs Shogun one day will be sick.

Boomer.....
8/2/2010, 03:32 PM
Bones needs to get a big fight next. He is way overdue and is a lethal fighter.

Knippz
8/5/2010, 02:03 PM
The UFC 117 card is seriously stacked! All the fights are interesting, and the Silva-Sonnen, Nelson-Dos Santos, and Alves-Fitch fights are gonna be nuts!

Boomer.....
8/5/2010, 02:06 PM
Hopefully there wont be any antics from Silva. He is turning into one of my least favorite fighters.

Collier11
8/5/2010, 10:18 PM
Bones looks unbeatable at times

Boomer.....
8/6/2010, 08:48 AM
I don't know if its the sharp elbows, the long, lean body type, destroying guys early, or what but Bones reminds me of Silva.

Knippz
8/6/2010, 12:42 PM
I don't know if its the sharp elbows, the long, lean body type, destroying guys early, or what but Bones reminds me of Silva.

All of the above. It's only a matter of time before he rules the division and realizes how good he is, and starts having fun with it.

tbl
8/6/2010, 12:59 PM
The first time I saw him fight with Bonnar I could tell he was the real deal... and he's youuuuuuung too. He will wear the belt one day.

The only way the Fitch/Alves fight is "nuts" is if Alves beats the tar out of Fitch. That dude can drain the life force out of an entire card... Cannot stand him.

KC//CRIMSON
8/6/2010, 09:31 PM
uxtNrVVVWVo

Knippz
8/7/2010, 07:09 PM
uxtNrVVVWVo

Best post you've ever made!

KC//CRIMSON
8/7/2010, 11:55 PM
There went the P4P argument. No one gets beat like a stepchild like that and claims the best p4p.

GSP is the best p4p. Period. Over.

Collier11
8/7/2010, 11:57 PM
WOW, Sonnen beats Silvas *** and loses to a late tap out, great fight

Soonerus
8/8/2010, 12:02 AM
Rigged ...

Knippz
8/8/2010, 12:06 AM
Rosenthal is garbage. That should have been stood up SO many times.

Knippz
8/8/2010, 12:08 AM
There went the P4P argument. No one gets beat like a stepchild like that and claims the best p4p.

GSP is the best p4p. Period. Over.

Dude had a broken rib going into the fight. Still won. And bad officiating. I disagree sir.

Collier11
8/8/2010, 12:11 AM
Cmon Knippz, he got his arse kicked until the tap

Knippz
8/8/2010, 12:20 AM
The fight should have been stood up multiple times. He was losing, but I'll still take him over anyone any day. Healthy of course.

KC//CRIMSON
8/8/2010, 12:30 AM
Dude had a broken rib going into the fight. Still won. And bad officiating. I disagree sir.

Of course you do, the truth is hard to swallow isn't it?

Fedor takes two punches from Arlovski and you're screaming up and down he isn't the best p4p.

Silva on the other hand, gets the living schit beat out of him for five and a half rounds and you cry foul? *ucking please.

And his rib wasn't "broken." He said he got banged up in training last week. BFD! Fighters get injured all the time and still perform.

You and TBL take your medicine and deal with it like every MMA fan has to sooner or later.

Knippz
8/8/2010, 12:46 PM
Even Chael said he expected more resistance to his takedowns, and he believes that Anderson was hurt before the fight.

On that note, he also said they should do TUF next, and I think I'd like to see that.

Knippz
8/8/2010, 01:09 PM
For what it's worth, I gained a ton of respect for Chael after that fight. He fought a very good fight and was minutes from pulling off an insane upset. He was humble in defeat, which also gained respect. The dude can hang with anyone in the MW division, and with better sub defense could definitely be a future champ.

That said, the champ is still the champ, and is still setting records. Until he loses, he's still number 1.

Knippz
8/8/2010, 09:59 PM
And his rib wasn't "broken." He said he got banged up in training last week. BFD! Fighters get injured all the time and still perform.

It's been confirmed that he had multiple broken ribs in the fight. Got GnP'd for 4 and a half rounds with broken ribs and still won the fight. P4P, I think so.

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2010, 07:55 AM
It's been confirmed that he had multiple broken ribs in the fight. Got GnP'd for 4 and a half rounds with broken ribs and still won the fight. P4P, I think so.

Oh really? Cause here's a video where he says it was one "injured" not multiple "broken" ribs.

http://mmablips.dailyradar.com/video/chael-sonnen-anderson-silva-post-ufc-117-press/

Your fighter got the schit kicked out of him more in one fight than GSP and Fedor have in their entire careers and he fell out of the number one p4p ranking. Deal with it, sour grapes.

Boomer.....
8/9/2010, 08:05 AM
Knippz, you are off your rocker. Silva got worked for over 4.5 rounds. It was ugly!

Knippz
8/9/2010, 11:54 AM
Oh really? Cause here's a video where he says it was one "injured" not multiple "broken" ribs.

http://mmablips.dailyradar.com/video/chael-sonnen-anderson-silva-post-ufc-117-press/

Your fighter got the schit kicked out of him more in one fight than GSP and Fedor have in their entire careers and he fell out of the number one p4p ranking. Deal with it, sour grapes.

Read down.

Knippz
8/9/2010, 12:02 PM
Knippz, you are off your rocker. Silva got worked for over 4.5 rounds. It was ugly!

He got wrestled and controlled on the ground for 4 and a half rounds, the WON the fight, came out looking in better shape than Chael, and all with busted ribs. That's champion sh*t right there. KC you can refuse to acknowledge that hurt ribs severely hinders one's abilities in a fight, particularly takedown defense and hip escapes, but the fact is "my fighter" just won again, while your fighter just lost, ad GSP has 2 losses in the UFC.

He came in with a severe disadvantage, took a pounding, and still pulled out one of the greatest wins of all time. 12-0 in the UFC.

0 losses in UFC>2 losses in the UFC any day.

Silva looks bad in one fight out of 12 and you write him off. When he loses, I'll move him out of the number one spot. The fact is, he's riding a record breaking streak, and people hate on him because of it. I know this because I did the same thing with Fedor (I admit it).

Knippz
8/9/2010, 12:06 PM
Oh and really? The sh*t kicked out of him more than any fight of GSP or Fedor? Fedor's face has been BUSTED before (Andy's was swollen a little bit). GSP got KTFO by Matt Serra, and totally busted up by BJ in the first fight. Anderson didn't take a beating close to that, and BJ did that in one round.

Boomer.....
8/9/2010, 01:11 PM
He sure didn't look good in the Maia fight.

Knippz
8/9/2010, 07:53 PM
"After the first round he [Anderson Silva] said he broke his ribs. He said told me he could not breath because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle… After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack," Lemos said.

"Anderson is expected to return in February or March."

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2010, 08:37 PM
"After the first round he [Anderson Silva] said he broke his ribs. He said told me he could not breath because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle… After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack," Lemos said.

"Anderson is expected to return in February or March."

Awww, someone got their feelers hurt. Like I said, ONE hurt/cracked rib not several broken ones like you said. I'll actually believe the words straight from the horses mouth in a video, before some fanboy's quote from off the internet. Regardless, he accepted the fight and that's what happens, BFD.

Again, Neither GSP or Fedor has EVER taken a beating like that. STFU and get over it. Silva is no longer the p4p champ and about 90% of MMA fans agree. Deal with it, and stop crying.

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2010, 08:39 PM
Oh and really? The sh*t kicked out of him more than any fight of GSP or Fedor? Fedor's face has been BUSTED before (Andy's was swollen a little bit). GSP got KTFO by Matt Serra, and totally busted up by BJ in the first fight. Anderson didn't take a beating close to that, and BJ did that in one round.

You must have fell asleep when Sonnen was blasting Silva's face for four rounds. Please show us a video where any other p4p fighter got GNP'd and beat on like a ragdoll for four and a half rounds? We'll wait right here.....

and still pulled out one of the greatest wins of all time. 12-0 in the UFC.

Greatest wins of all time? Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaa!!!

Knippz
8/9/2010, 09:56 PM
That's why every website says it's one of the greatest wins, and that it only adds to his legacy.

You're blind or dumb if you think Fedor or GSP haven't taken beatings equivalent or worse.

You're exaggerating the term "beating." Sonnen threw 200 pillow shots from full guard that did minimal damage. Silva landed 1/10 that and did more damage. Sonnen did a great job of controlling, but the worst thing Anderson came out of the fight with was the injury he had before it.

Hong Man Choi busted Fedor up worse than that. BJ thrashed GSP in a round, then his cardio gave out and lost a split decision.

Knippz
8/9/2010, 10:13 PM
You can sit there and trash an injured Silva for not fighting well all you want. The fact is, he still won. Go ahead and jump on GSP's nuts now, the transition from Fedor's makes no difference to me.

Breadburner
8/10/2010, 09:31 AM
Is this some sort of moral victory for Sonnen.....

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 04:40 PM
That's why every website says it's one of the greatest wins, and that it only adds to his legacy.

You're blind or dumb if you think Fedor or GSP haven't taken beatings equivalent or worse.

You're exaggerating the term "beating." Sonnen threw 200 pillow shots from full guard that did minimal damage. Silva landed 1/10 that and did more damage. Sonnen did a great job of controlling, but the worst thing Anderson came out of the fight with was the injury he had before it.

Hong Man Choi busted Fedor up worse than that. BJ thrashed GSP in a round, then his cardio gave out and lost a split decision.

You're full of it and you know it. Every website says its his greatest win? You must be reading Anderson Silva Fanboy Forums.

Hong Man Choi beat on Fedor for four and a half rounds? Yeah, still waiting on that video proof, clown.

It must be killing you knowing the truth, keep crying....

TMcGee86
8/10/2010, 04:51 PM
I gotta agree that I wouldn't call what Sonnen did "beating his ***" for four rounds.

He rocked him in the first round, then sat on him for three strait rounds doing basically nothing. In fact, Silva managed to do more damage from the bottom with his elbows than Sonnen did from the top.

He out wrestled him for four rounds, no question.

But "beat his ***"? Sorry, I don't agree. I was in the camp thinking they should have been stood up at least once a round.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 04:57 PM

Still waiting for that video showing other p4p fighter getting pummled for four and a half rounds?

Keep crying, fanboy. Bye Bye p4p ranking....

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 05:03 PM
I gotta agree that I wouldn't call what Sonnen did "beating his ***" for four rounds.

He rocked him in the first round, then sat on him for three strait rounds doing basically nothing. In fact, Silva managed to do more damage from the bottom with his elbows than Sonnen did from the top.

He out wrestled him for four rounds, no question.

But "beat his ***"? Sorry, I don't agree. I was in the camp thinking they should have been stood up at least once a round.

Go back and watch the fight again, Sonnen beat his face sensless on the ground. And as long as fighters are working, the ref never stands them up.

Knippz
8/10/2010, 05:26 PM
Go back and watch the fight again, Sonnen beat his face sensless on the ground. And as long as fighters are working, the ref never stands them up.

I've watched the fight five times. In no way did he "beat his face senseless." Anderson literally had a swollen cheek at the end of the fight. Some shots looked worse than they actually were. If he had "beat his face senseless," he would have got the KO, TKO, or at least done more damage than a swollen cheek.

Hong Man Choi didn't beat on Fedor for 5 rounds, but he certainly did much more damage in the one round than Sonnen did to Silva.

That P4P ranking is likely going to stand on most sites, and even if he falls to #2, he only needs one more destructive performance for everyone to out him right back on top. The only way GSP ever overtakes Anderson is by a bad performance by Anderson, not a good performance by GSP.

And most people take into account the fact that he was seriously injured in the fight, and still managed to pull it out.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 05:30 PM
"Hong Man Choi didn't beat on Fedor for 5 rounds, but he certainly did much more damage in the one round than Sonnen did to Silva."

You've truly lost your mind now......

It's eating you alive isn't it? Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa!!!!!

Still waiting for that video showing any other p4p getting beat on for four and a half rounds!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 05:34 PM
And like I said, other than the pre-existing injury Silva had going into the fight, he walked out in better shape than Sonnen. It's not like he was raining down Lesnar-like blows.

Sonnen did a great job of neutralizing Silva, and knows how to get a win on points.

Knippz
8/10/2010, 05:39 PM
Seriously dude, look at Fedor after Choi, and look at Anderson after Sonnen. There's a HUGE difference.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 05:41 PM
Seriously dude, look at Fedor after Choi, and look at Anderson after Sonnen. There's a HUGE difference.

Seriously dude, you're delusional. Still waiting on that video!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 05:51 PM
Seriously dude, you're delusional. Still waiting on that video!

There's not a video. The runners up for P4P didn't need 5 rounds. GSP got TKO'd and sub'd in one round. Fedor got sub'd in 69 seconds. I think that's quite a bit worse than taking pillow shots that do barely any damage, then still WINNING the fight.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:00 PM
There's not a video. The runners up for P4P didn't need 5 rounds. GSP got TKO'd and sub'd in one round. Fedor got sub'd in 69 seconds. I think that's quite a bit worse than taking pillow shots that do barely any damage, then still WINNING the fight.

Still waiting for the video!

And 32-2 is still better than 27-4 and getting owned for four and a half rounds. Bwaaahaaahaaa!!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 06:11 PM
We all know that Fedor has a padded record. If he'll even take the fight with Alistair (which I'm sure he won't), he'll lose. God forbid he actually puts his vagina away and tries the UFC. Lesnar will trash him. In fact, at this point I wouldn't take Fedor over any of the top 5 UFC HWs.

Why are we even discussing Fedor? What's he like somewhere in the 7-9 range of P4P?

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:15 PM
We all know that Fedor has a padded record. If he'll even take the fight with Alistair (which I'm sure he won't), he'll lose. God forbid he actually puts his vagina away and tries the UFC. Lesnar will trash him. In fact, at this point I wouldn't take Fedor over any of the top 5 UFC HWs.

Why are we even discussing Fedor? What's he like somewhere in the 7-9 range of P4P?

Still crying? Awwww, somebody's champion lost their p4p ranking and he can't handle it. Bwaaaahaaaahaaaaa!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 06:20 PM
Dude, you're the only one saying he's not P4P, and it's not like you haven't been lying to yourself about that for quite some time now.

You're acting like a cry baby because you wanted Silva to lose soooo bad, yet he still won.

And even if he did lose his P4P ranking (which he didn't), I'd rather have him lose it in winning, rather than getting sub'd in 69 seconds, hahahaha!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 06:22 PM
Oh, BTW, I noticed you said champion. Too bad we can't say the same about the Russian, who isn't even good enough to be the champion of Strikeforce, LOL!

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:26 PM
Dude, you're the only one saying he's not P4P, and it's not like you haven't been lying to yourself about that for quite some time now.

You're acting like a cry baby because you wanted Silva to lose soooo bad, yet he still won.

And even if he did lose his P4P ranking (which he didn't), I'd rather have him lose it in winning, rather than getting sub'd in 69 seconds, hahahaha!

Hey, at least is wasn't a scissor heel hook that even Forrest Griffin could have avoided!

Man, if you cry this much after he got owned for four and a half rounds and lost his p4p ranking, how are you going to react when he gets beat again? Your head going to explode? Bwaaaahaaaahaaaaa!

Naw, I'm sure you'll come back and complain about the refs, or an injury, or how he really didn't get hit it was all just CGI and trick photography!

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:32 PM
Oh, BTW, I noticed you said champion. Too bad we can't say the same about the Russian, who isn't even good enough to be the champion of Strikeforce, LOL!

Yeah, its called humility. You might wanna go look it up, sour grapes.

Knippz
8/10/2010, 06:34 PM
Still living in the past, eh? Couldn't expect much more from a Fedor fanboy tbh.

We'll see how the argument pans out once sites start releasing their new P4P rankings, and if GSP is widely #1, so be it. But I'm quite confident that most places are still going to have Anderson at #1.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:39 PM
Still living in the past, eh? Couldn't expect much more from a Fedor fanboy tbh.

We'll see how the argument pans out once sites start releasing their new P4P rankings, and if GSP is widely #1, so be it. But I'm quite confident that most places are still going to have Anderson at #1.

Oh no, you wouldn't live in the past either, huh?

I like how you start using my words too. (fanboy, etc.....) But hey, why not? You stole my avatar effect too! It sucks when you can't be original and have to start sniping from others, huh?

Knippz
8/10/2010, 06:47 PM
Oh snap, I had no idea you were the first person to use the term "fanboy"! And the avatar was more of a joke to your Fedor avatar. I'd change it, but I only post from my phone. Too much work.

KC//CRIMSON
8/10/2010, 06:50 PM
Oh snap, I had no idea you were the first person to use the term "fanboy"! And the avatar was more of a joke to your Fedor avatar. I'd change it, but I only post from my phone. Too much work.

Oh snap! You just started using it right after me!! Kinda like my old avatar!!

Knippz
8/10/2010, 07:07 PM
Haha, ok, I sure did. How old are you again?